PDA

View Full Version : Specific Question about our 'Cards'

wildstar
Oct 12, 2006, 09:58 AM
If I am online in PSU as, say, my Human character and I give someone my card (so they can simple mail me and stuff, like in PSO) can they 'see' that I'm online when I'm online with a different one of my characters?

Like, if later on I'm playing as my Cast can they still simple mail me with the card I gave them when I was on as my Human?

Or, does each character have its own card to give out?

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:02 AM
I don't think they'll know you're online, because every created character has their own Partner Card.

Axel3792
Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
I doubt that will happen. It didn't in PSO, and as long as Sega and MySpace don't link up, you probably won't be able to see when your friends are on.

galaxy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
although, in PSO, if you gave someone your card, and they were online as another character, it still told you they were online. the partner card (or guild card as it was in PSO) of the character they gave you the card as would be highlighted, but in the profile of the card, it would say that they are on as a different character. so it may be the same for PSU.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
ppl will know in Xbox360 if they have your GT.

but other than that I don't think Partner Cards are linked.

there's no reason to let someone know you're on as another character because what if you are not the only one in the family who plays it? your relative would get unneeded mail from your friend and they won;t know what to say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

galaxy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:16 AM
im not saying it will be like that in PSU, im just saying, at least with Ver. 2 of PSO, that thats how the cards worked.

ShurikenShino
Oct 12, 2006, 11:18 AM
I would of though it would of been like PSO or any system better otherwise there is no pont in them

wildstar
Oct 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
Hmm... can any importers clear this up? I'm still wondering how it actually works.

Wild_Coyote
Oct 12, 2006, 01:48 PM
I definately prefer to have one contact point for an account. Guild Wars handles this well in my opinion, showing you when they're playing different characters, but WoW does not.

Ether
Oct 12, 2006, 01:53 PM
You'll see someone online regardless of what character they're using

wildstar
Oct 12, 2006, 01:57 PM
Thank-you for clearing that up, Ether!

Rizen
Oct 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Guess I wont be sharing with my brother then...(good lol)