PDA

View Full Version : XBL Downtime (October 17th)

Skyly
Oct 12, 2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/1012-downtime.htm

Will this affect the beta in anyway?

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 12:56 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Say it ain't so!

I surely hope not. If it does, MS doesn't seem to give a rat's patooty for PSU.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 12, 2006, 12:57 PM
looks like they sayin to play offiline to boost achivement score http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ecstasy
Oct 12, 2006, 12:58 PM
Yet another reason to go PC:)

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 12:59 PM
THIS IS FATE MOST CRUEL!!

This means we only have FOUR days to play the beta!

and not even four days unless you play 24 hours straight each day.

-Crokar-
Oct 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
oh bob saget.they really do hate us psu360 players. first by delaying release then by not even being online the 17th..... sucks to be the people that really care....sorry saner

Skyly
Oct 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
Found this as i was logging into xbox.com to view the new psu topics

EDIT: Sega amd M$ are doing ALL THE WRONG THINGS!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sklyl on 2006-10-12 11:02 ]</font>

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
no this can't be true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . I smell square enix!!!!!!!!!!! (face it ff11 sucks and psu rocks. Square enix is lookin for revenge)

Caukin
Oct 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
My significent other? oh my god. I left her in the freezer.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-10-12 10:58, Ecstasy wrote:

oh plz.

even with occasional Live maintenance, when this happens after getting the full game, ppl can play the offline story and extra mode in the meantime until the maintenance is over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyunji
Oct 12, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:03, Saner wrote:

oh plz.

even with occasional Live maintenance, when this happens after getting the full game, ppl can play the offline story and extra mode in the meantime until the maintenance is over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No, they can't. In the PC and Xbox 360 versions, story mode and extra mode are disabled when the servers are offline/under maintenance. Supposedly, this prevents "hacking" (who cares about offline hacking, anyways?), but really has no effect since a program has already been developed to bypass the online requirement. Therefore, Sega fails.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 01:12 PM
oh well Im getting PS2 version too.

that one definitely can be played offline. so there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 01:15 PM
No biggie,

That is why I don't think they should really call this a beta; "stress test" would have been a better term. Betas are often closed tests of a product in order to weed out bugs, impliment new features or for a review basis.
This looks to me like Sega just wants to test how much the server can handle and generate some extra publicity. Shouldn't really need a week or two to showcase anything, three or four days are more than fine; especially when retail is being released under two weeks. So XBL being down for a day isn't much to lose your mind over.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 01:16 PM
Wow you guys are crying. It's just an upgrade. Chill out. I'm pretty sure you can find somthin to do for 1 day.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
lol wow this 360 beta just keeps getting shorter.

Minswune
Oct 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
It's sad, but not the end of the world... just close to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
ya that day can be used to talk about our experiences with the beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 01:19 PM
Honestly speaking, I'm more excited to see what this update will have.

Is it 1080p support?

ANIMEniac
Oct 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
OH this sucks worse than oepning a window in outer space... but what Ecstasy said does not make sense. how is us having less time for a beta more of a reason to go 4 the PC that has no open beta?

Beezzy
Oct 12, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah it does suck that we only get 4 days.. /cry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beezzy on 2006-10-12 11:24 ]</font>

Kyunji
Oct 12, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:12, Saner wrote:
oh well Im getting PS2 version too.

that one definitely can be played offline. so there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

... So what? You're one person. There are thousands of other people not getting the PS2 version. Your particular situation won't do anything to help out those who are locked out of the game because Sega wants to control their actions. Just saying, "It doesn't matter because it doesn't apply to me!" doesn't help anything. Statements like that always aggravate me because they're just a horrible and greedy excuse not to do something ("I don't need to help the poor because I'm not poor!" "I don't care who the president is because I'm the president!"). I don't think this is a good idea at all, not only because of its inconvenience and ineffectiveness, but also because the Japanese servers are having such frequent downtimes in the wake of the various problems with server overcrowding and such.

EDIT: Oh, and as for you:

On 2006-10-12 11:22, Beezzy wrote:

This answer fails because not everyone is buying this game to go online.. For example if I buy this for the 360 and I dont have a way to go online (No broadband internet) there will be no way for them to disable my game on maintenance days.. If this is true I want a source sayin it. If you cant find one it's poppycock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No, they can't. In the PC and Xbox 360 versions, story mode and extra mode are disabled when the servers are offline/under maintenance. Supposedly, this prevents "hacking" (who cares about offline hacking, anyways?), but really has no effect since a program has already been developed to bypass the online requirement. Therefore, Sega fails.

The PC and Xbox 360 versions require an Internet connection to play at all. Here's your source:

There has been some talk that the PC version will require an internet connection even when playing the single player mode, due to security reasons. Is this true, and will the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions also require this?
For the PC version, the environment is required to have constant access to the Internet. This is, we believe, necessary to eliminate wrongful acts by users. You do not have to have access to the network when playing the single-player mode in the PS2 version. As to the Xbox 360 version, it is not yet determined.

http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=335

I believe that the Xbox 360 version now requires a connection, but I'll admit I'm not as certain now. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could confirm this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-10-12 11:37 ]</font>

BaZ2
Oct 12, 2006, 01:25 PM
I really wish they extend the beta a few days. It been delayed 2 days and now takes away another day so 3 days gone for the beta.

NiteOwl
Oct 12, 2006, 01:29 PM
Wow. I honestly can't believe this. It's a complete lack of coordination between Microsoft and Sega here. Wow.

ZeroG
Oct 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
As a soon-to-be PSU fan (I can't really be a fan for a game that is not out yet....can I?) I think this sucks. However, as an Xbox 360 owner, I am glad to see Xbox Live is getting some maintainance and am looking forward towards these "cool new features". Meh, sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

And really, since I work during the day, all I am really missing out on is Tuesday night, I wouldn't be playing during the day anyway.

Akaimizu
Oct 12, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:11, Kyunji wrote:

Um. Where did you have confirmation that the 360 has to be on Live to play the Offline modes? If Story and Extra Mode can be played on 360 even without a connection coming out of the 360, why would it even require to be online to play any of those?

Now for the beta, they probably don't even have Story and Extra mode available; but for the full game, there's no real need. The main reason for the PC checking up, with an online connection, to play offline games is some form of copy protection method. This hasn't been applied to the console world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-12 11:36 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 01:33 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:29, NiteOwl wrote:
Wow. I honestly can't believe this. It's a complete lack of coordination between Microsoft and Sega here. Wow.

Not that surprising knowing ST's record in all of this right?

Would have been nice for a month's playtime such as the Ep 1 & 2 Trial way back when, but its a bit late for that now.

Might not be too surprising if it ends up getting cancelled after its all said and done, and any free playtime would be nice regardless.

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:17, Numnuttz wrote:
lol wow this 360 beta just keeps getting shorter.

awww lol

Zabot
Oct 12, 2006, 01:37 PM
damn this sucks, im going to cry, seriously. . . not really, we should make a only people who cares about PSU club eh saner. right now the only peeps in it are saner and I. i hope we get more members. everyone else just doesnt care.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
lol yup i think we now will have lost 3 days from what we were supposed to get.

Valkayree
Oct 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
"Don't freak. It's not your account, your computer, your browser, or your ISP. It's us."

Might just be me, but it sounds like they are trying to break up with us...

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 01:43 PM
It just keeps getting better and better.

PeterFCS
Oct 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
What are Sega and MS doing to us?
From the highest heights (Beta announced on Tuesday) to the deepest depths (delay, XBL down).
What´s next? My bet: release date pushed back...

StanleyPain
Oct 12, 2006, 01:45 PM

oh plz.

Do you have a source for that? because nowhere has Sega said this, nor have they said you need any kind of Xbox Live account whatsoever to play the offline content.

Kyunji
Oct 12, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:45, StanleyPain wrote:

oh plz.

Do you have a source for that? because nowhere has Sega said this, nor have they said you need any kind of Xbox Live account whatsoever to play the offline content.

Keep reading the second page.

Skyly
Oct 12, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:45, PeterFCS wrote:
What are Sega and MS doing to us?
From the highest heights (Beta announced on Tuesday) to the deepest depths (delay, XBL down).
What´s next? My bet: release date pushed back...

haha, If the game does get delayed, wouldnt be like we werent expecting it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sklyl on 2006-10-12 11:53 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 01:57 PM

oh plz.

EDIT: I sincerely doubt the Xbox 360 version will need constant access to Live, because people without it would be permanently locked out of the game.

It doesn't make any sense to force a console to have a constant connection to the internet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-12 12:02 ]</font>

Skyly
Oct 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
but isnt ur pc always connected to the internet anyway?

GhostRidah
Oct 12, 2006, 02:10 PM
I thought sega had its own servers? This just means that you wont be able to download it that day (if even possible) but I would imagine you could still play since PSU is not on LIVE servers

StanleyPain
Oct 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
So..it's not a n official source..just Play magazine.

So, is the Japanese PS2 version also requiring a constant internet connection to play? Because I haven't heard anything about it and I would think it would be a bigger issue.

So..I'm going to have to say that saying that you have to be connected to Live or PlayOnline to play the offline portion is a little irresponsible at this point. It's not a confirmed fact, and we all know what rumors get us. (360 VERSION WILL BE FREE!!!!)

It sounds highly unrealistic that Sega would tout the offline portion of the game while planning to make it required to be connected to the internet. That makes no sense. I can see it on PC because of the structure of content download and GameGuard and all that, plus most PCs are already internet enabled since half the point of a PC is the internet, but on a console? That seems mighty unrealistic.

Kyunji
Oct 12, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-10-12 12:12, StanleyPain wrote:
So..it's not a n official source..just Play magazine.

How dense are you? It's an interview with Takao Miyoshi, the producer of the game. How is that not official?

And okay, I'll admit that the Xbox 360 version has not been confirmed to require an Internet connection, but given that it is now possible to connect to certain features for free easily (through a Silver account), it is still a possibility.

Skyly
Oct 12, 2006, 02:28 PM
seems to me the game is gonna destory itself

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 02:41 PM
it might trip but it'll keep moving forward.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 12, 2006, 02:53 PM

oh plz.

Bollocks! This is true for the PC version, but the 360 version doesn't need to be connected online in order to play the offline modes.

shadynook
Oct 12, 2006, 03:07 PM
what a load, microsoft is shitting on the psu beta

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
if its true there is a relation, then Microsoft is probably mad they couldnt get into an agreement with Sega to profit from the servers as well.

-Crokar-
Oct 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
damn corprate america

Tystys
Oct 12, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:09, Saner wrote:
if its true there is a relation, then Microsoft is probably mad they couldnt get into an agreement with Sega to profit from the servers as well.

Profit? I really don't think Microsoft would be that retarded.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:12 PM
pay attention to what the Live update will add. it's probably nothing special. just an excuse and conspiracy that's all what it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 03:14 PM
If its 1080p support then PSU can feck off.

Saligun
Oct 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
I'm not the least bit surprised that they would pull a stunt like this,but if you all don't like this then you'll hate all the downtime you'll have to deal with when the full game gets released.who knows how many times the'll take the servers down for even the littlest of problems,with a game this big you all could all spend more time waiting to play then playing PSU...

Tystys
Oct 12, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:12, Saner wrote:
pay attention to what the Live update will add. it's probably nothing special. just an excuse and conspiracy that's all what it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Come on Saner, now you're just fucking losing it

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:19 PM
They won't take down Live servers for PSU related issues. That's Sega's responsibility.

I hope it's Group Private Chat >_<

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:20 PM
people will rant all they want,

it's all they can do,

besides it wears out the frustration, then they'll be happy when they play.

tomkat492
Oct 12, 2006, 03:20 PM
First off, I'm pissed as a mofo about this, they should extend the length of the beta to like the 23rd for all this trouble. Second off, it seams like NONE of you have played PSO 1&2 for Xbox which requires Xbox live(gold) to even play offline, but as long as you had xbox live on the hard drive(or memory card) you didnt have to be connected to live, just have live, so if I went over my friends house and forgot my memory card, I couldnt play because he doesnt have a live account.

To tell you the truth, I hope they change it, but it doesn't seem like Sega cares...

tomkat492
Oct 12, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:37, Zabot wrote:
damn this sucks, im going to cry, seriously. . . not really, we should make a only people who cares about PSU club eh saner. right now the only peeps in it are saner and I. i hope we get more members. everyone else just doesnt care.

I wanna join, I care...

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:23 PM
All i can say is....

THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BUYING AN XBOX 360 !!!

Lolz

sorry .

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:19, Zeta wrote:
They won't take down Live servers for PSU related issues. That's Sega's responsibility.

I hope it's Group Private Chat >_<

That would be great!

On the other hand, its beginning to look like there will be thousands of "SEGA, I HATE YOU" topics when the servers go down for two+ hours to update in retail.

I think most of you should play another MMO and realize how many times a server goes down in a month for updates etc...

I happens; technology isn't perfect, live with it.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:20, tomkat492 wrote:
First off, I'm pissed as a mofo about this, they should extend the length of the beta to like the 23rd for all this trouble. Second off, it seams like NONE of you have played PSO 1&2 for Xbox which requires Xbox live(gold) to even play offline, but as long as you had xbox live on the hard drive(or memory card) you didnt have to be connected to live, just have live, so if I went over my friends house and forgot my memory card, I couldnt play because he doesnt have a live account.

To tell you the truth, I hope they change it, but it doesn't seem like Sega cares...

That's not how it worked. All you needed was a Gamertag, not Live. You could have used an expired one, or copied a friend's. It's just how the game saves.

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:26 PM
If its like FF:xi you'll have to be signed in to live to log on to psu's server. That is not the case to play though. After your logged in you can play regardless of your connection to live.

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
That has to be the most unexpentingly funny FAQs that I've ever seen coming from an official site of a huge Company!

EDIT: When I said 'official site of huge company' I really meant 'official site of a product from a huge Company'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-12 13:30 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:29 PM
It isn't like FFXI. That game is online only, so it's stupid to think you could get on without being connected to the internet.

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:29 PM
oh and the update you'll be able to view the market place from your pc , eww..ahhh!! (at least I read that was comming somewhere)

adamgnome104
Oct 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
Oh well, I'm sure it's better to go outside anyways.

What the hell is wrong with microsoft and sonic team?!

Taichi
Oct 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
Have you guys taken in to account that if you're online before the server maintenence, that you could still be online? I know XBL disconnects when I'm on FFXI and I don't get kicked off. We'll just have to wait and see when it happens. I know I'll be leaving my beta on just to see if my theory will work. Since Sega nor ST posted recently about this yet, there's no need to fret.

A2K
Oct 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
There are waaaaay too many "what ifs" and "unconfirmed reports" and general fanboyism in this thread for people to be getting overemotional about.

Getting back on topic, the downtime on the 17th does indeed suck. I do hope they extend the beta a bit longer, but on the other hand, that week's worth of time might be needed to finalize the retail server code.

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:09, Saner wrote:

No offense but that is a really out there stupid speculation being made in a very paranoid manner.
No offense I think you just typed without thinking that through.

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
As far as it being like FF:xi im only refering to playing during xbox live maintnance

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:30, Taichi wrote:
Have you guys taken in to account that if you're online before the server maintenence, that you could still be online? I know XBL disconnects when I'm on FFXI and I don't get kicked off. We'll just have to wait and see when it happens. I know I'll be leaving my beta on just to see if my theory will work. Since Sega nor ST posted recently about this yet, there's no need to fret.

That's because FFXI doesn't use Xbox Live servers. After you're logged in you're strictly on their turf.

PSU will be using Live servers. If Live shuts down, any service related to it will go offline aswell.

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
You know I'm not worried at all.

Even if I were to only get like 2 days of play I'd be happy to honest.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:34 PM
in any case, have fun when it comes! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:23, Caydence wrote:
All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

We will be able to play before the release date with voice chat still. Just not as long. Cool. I guess I could buy the PS2 or PC version and ....oh wait thats right. I won't be able to play those before the beta at all now will I. Yep. Glad I got an Xbox 360!!!
LOLZ

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:35, justbrak wrote:

All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

We will be able to play before the release date with voice chat still. Just not as long. Cool. I guess I could buy the PS2 or PC version and ....oh wait thats right. I won't be able to play those before the beta at all now will I. Yep. Glad I got an Xbox 360!!!
LOLZ

Well i dont have to listen to annoying kids on my headset all day

pwnt imo.

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:36 PM
live doesnt have any servers. really

-Crokar-
Oct 12, 2006, 03:38 PM
there is a mute feature is there not

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:38 PM
No, Live just runs on thin air, and the good will of others.

Live has severs, and their separate from Square's PlayOnline Viewer. Just as they'll be isolated from Sega's servers.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:36, Caydence wrote:

All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

LOLZ

pwnt imo.

Seems like you're one of the little kids. Just because you can't hear them on the PC and PS2 doesn't mean they aren't there.

For instance, you've made yourself and your redundant posts very obvious, and with no Voice Chat to boot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-12 13:40 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:40 PM

in PSU many will use keyboard too. so it balances itself out having the best of both worlds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 03:41 PM

All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

LOLZ

pwnt imo.

With Microsofts Robust support for voice chat, neither do I or anybody else for that matter. But I do get to talk to my friends all around the country in real time, without the onslaught of people playing on potentially hacked versions on their pc (i.e. like how the beta has been hacked to bits already.) I am not dissing your PC. Mearly stating why I am glad that I made the purchase of the 360. You seem determined to justify to yourself why you made the choice you did and that entails attempting to rip on a system you obviously know very little to nothing about.
I am very glad for the PS2 and PC that they will get to play together and have a bigger comunity. Typing during battle just isn't my thing. As indicated in my sig the thing I'm looking forward to the most is chatting it up with my friends.

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:42 PM
So my 360 doesnt host games? That must be my imagination.(other than xi and battlefield}

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
[/quote]

For instance, you've made yourself and your redundant posts very obvious, and with no Voice Chat to boot.

[/quote]

haha.

Taichi
Oct 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:33, Zeta wrote:

That's because FFXI doesn't use Xbox Live servers. After you're logged in you're strictly on their turf.

PSU will be using Live servers. If Live shuts down, any service related to it will go offline aswell.

Ah I see...I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up. Well it's cool if they shut down, even though I still want to see if the game will kick me off myself. It is funny how all of this is happening so close to the release of an amazing game. First the Open Beta delay and now Microsoft's server maintenance.

I love the coincidence!

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:42, Excildor wrote:
So my 360 doesnt host games? That must be my imagination.(other than xi and battlefield}

I do believe that Live would need servers for the game to make you the host or some crap like that...I think I'm close.

EDIT: Oh right and need them to do stuff like matchmaking and keeping all your personal stats I guess.

(Help me out I'm shooting in the dark here)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-12 13:46 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
No, your connection hosts the game. Your connection is routed through Xbox Live servers, which ID you and your Gamertag.

How else would we have a Marketplace, or the quality Live brings us? People aren't banned by their own consoles for having altered game content.

Live has servers.

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:43, Taichi wrote:

Ah I see...I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up. Well it's cool if they shut down, even though I still want to see if the game will kick me off myself. It is funny how all of this is happening so close to the release of an amazing game. First the Open Beta delay and now Microsoft's server maintenance.

I love the coincidence!

At least the server maintenance isn't happening on the 24th. That would really suck. I am actually looking more forward to Splinter cell (Blasphemy I know but it's true) and the maintenance is happening on the day of release for that game. Y'all think your pod right now you should hear the Splinter Cell fans.

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:45, Zeta wrote:
No, your connection hosts the game. Your connection is routed through Xbox Live servers, which ID you and your Gamertag.

How else would we have a Marketplace, or the quality Live brings us? People aren't banned by their own consoles for having altered game content.

Live has servers.

hey zeta we are a month and six days apart from Birth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caydence on 2006-10-12 13:48 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:43, Caydence wrote:

[/quote]

haha.

[/quote]

That's great and all, but I never edited my post. You're mastery of Copy and Paste is impressive.

I'm not quite sure why you're laughing at yourself, but whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: The quotations are buggered, but I'm too lazy to fix them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-12 13:50 ]</font>

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:48, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-10-12 13:43, Caydence wrote:

haha.

[/quote]

That's great and all, but I never edited my post. You're mastery of Copy and Paste is impressive.

I'm not quite sure why you're laughing at yourself, but whatever floats your boat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-12 13:48 ]</font>
[/quote]

You have no reason to be a dickhead .

laugh it off.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:51 PM
How very mature of you.

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:52 PM
And this is why i am playing on the PC

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry, have I offended you?

Maybe you shouldn't base your opinions on stereotypes, especially if you don't have any first hand experience.

When you make a generalization like that, you'd best be ready for some backlash.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:54 PM
gee Zeta you sure are hard to get along with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:54, Saner wrote:
gee Zeta you sure are hard to get along with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Some people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarded.

tyler2zelda
Oct 12, 2006, 03:56 PM
Yessiree...
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cake.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tyler2zelda on 2006-10-12 13:56 ]</font>

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 03:57 PM
hmm, I think I see what your saying. Pc games are bigger because of the better connection the servers have, not because the servers are better?

as far as all that of course there is some kinda server for match making and the market place but its not really the same thing is it?

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
It's all on one server.

PC games tend to be larger because they aren't restricted to the available space on a memory card. (I think that's what you were asking anyway)

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
there are simply more PC owners than XBox360 owners.

but in any case Xbox360 version might be more stable and secure.

Taichi
Oct 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
I think Zeta is cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. He knows his stuff although he shouldn't crack down hard on those that are asking simple questions, however redundant they are...though the person that said Live has no servers, should go take an IT class.

Fazeshot
Oct 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:41, justbrak wrote:

All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

LOLZ

pwnt imo.

With Microsofts Robust support for voice chat, neither do I or anybody else for that matter. But I do get to talk to my friends all around the country in real time, without the onslaught of people playing on potentially hacked versions on their pc (i.e. like how the beta has been hacked to bits already.) I am not dissing your PC. Mearly stating why I am glad that I made the purchase of the 360. You seem determined to justify to yourself why you made the choice you did and that entails attempting to rip on a system you obviously know very little to nothing about.
I am very glad for the PS2 and PC that they will get to play together and have a bigger comunity. Typing during battle just isn't my thing. As indicated in my sig the thing I'm looking forward to the most is chatting it up with my friends.

360 isnt hack proof its just as easy to hack.. 360 is already modded my friend installs modchips for them and it makes it so u can rip the game to ur harddrive and do w/e u please with it just like the pc version so stop living in a fantasy world that 360 is less hackable because it isnt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 04:05 PM
Live hasn't been hacked online only offline.

except Halo 2 but ppl do that through the other Xbox.

Taichi
Oct 12, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:01, Saner wrote:

Well let's hope so, as we don't want to have a relapse of PSOX again. And by that, I mean getting ignored, because I will flock to the PC version if that happens again.

Fazeshot
Oct 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
If anyone wants to donate a 360 to me i garuntee I could hack it all ide have to get is the chip installed by my friend from tampabaymods and wee.

Not trying to flame im just saying it is as easy to hack as any other platform seeing as u can rip the game OFF the disc on ur computers harddrive and serverside games have an equal chance of being hacked on any platform because a lot of hacking on serverside games is done by editing and manipulating packets being sent to a server.. which can be done if ur xbox is connected to a network of 1 or more computers.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
Mod chips aren't going to allow you to hack ST's servers.

Have fun tooling around in a game you've illegally pirated.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:07, Taichi wrote:

On 2006-10-12 14:01, Saner wrote:

Well let's hope so, as we don't want to have a relapse of PSOX again. And by that, I mean getting ignored, because I will flock to the PC version if that happens again.

ya that's what my PS2 version will be for, in case the Xbox360 doesn't deliver.

but I think the Xbox360 will do fine. we'll see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ghaleonreborn
Oct 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
even so if we only have four days for the beta that will be one hell of a ride until the retail version gets here!!!! ^_^

Excildor
Oct 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
I was under the impression that pc games held more players because the games used a server to keep track of the in game data. Where as the xbox live servers only provide a link bettween the systems. With the xbox doing some of the server work. Hence tiny lil 16 player games.

I guess the real issue is that microsoft doesnt provide us with bandwidth.

Back on topic I'll still try and stay logged in and see what happens. Should know very quickly after they start maint. on live.

Fazeshot
Oct 12, 2006, 04:14 PM
Zeta U have no clue what u are talking about. Obviously so I will not waste my time with u. I have been hacking ST games ever since V1 for DC up to PSOX and PSO BB. Serverside hacking is easy if u can figure out how to send manipulated packets to ST's servers its not hard.. All i'm saying is people need to get out of the fantasy world that Xbox is more secure cuz its not... And no I've retired hacking so I won't be hacking PSU as i dont want to ruin an experience ive been waiting for for about 2 years now

Anyway I'm done talking on the subject its not worth my time all I will say is time will tell right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:17 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:21 PM
Games on the Xbox 360 only support X number of people because that's the way developers program their games.

As for Fazeshot, I'm sorry you sucked so hard at the game you needed to hack it to be decent, but sending altered packets to a secured, monitered server isn't as simple as installing a mod chip.

If it's so simple, explain it to me instead of attempting to pass yourself off as more intelligent than you are. You just get caught in the lie and end up looking like a bigger idiot than you started out as.

Fazeshot
Oct 12, 2006, 04:25 PM
Im done and i didnt say to alter packets all you need is a modchip so please learn to read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Have a good day and get back on topic idiot

Also I hacked PSO because I am an aspiring game designer (start college for it this spring) and I find that it was fun and educational being as I didnt just copy and paste peoples codes I made my own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif if u played on xbox u probobly knew the clan 9mm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ya we kinda fucked that version up after x187x left.

So ur logic that I "hacked a game because I sucked too hard without it" phails GG have fun

also regarding your comment about servers being monitored and such... What? do you think PCs servers will be completely shoved off and not monitored? this isnt a competition this was about the fact that ANY PLATFORM is easily and equally as hackable seing as the ONLY advantage for hacking the PC version is that PC's can run Memory editors to alter in game stats and etc. but that can be done with packet editing too and Nprotect gaurds against most memory editors anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:35 ]</font>

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
Hey, Zeta since you're so awesome do mind if I add you to my friendlist for XboxLive?

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:14, Fazeshot wrote:
Zeta U have no clue what u are talking about. Obviously so I will not waste my time with u. I have been hacking ST games ever since V1 for DC up to PSOX and PSO BB. Serverside hacking is easy if u can figure out how to send manipulated packets to ST's servers its not hard..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:17 ]</font>

You did say it. I've bolded it incase your idiocy impairs your vision.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:34 PM
Um...Sure you can...I think?

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 04:35 PM
uh zeta you sure your cheery today.........

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
Last I checked I removed the target on my back, but if you insist on taking shots at me, I'd be happy to turn around.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 04:42 PM
uh huh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . well i hope that sega does a good job on beta and lets us play on the 17th

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:25, Fazeshot wrote:
Also I hacked PSO because I am an aspiring game designer (start college for it this spring) and I find that it was fun and educational being as I didnt just copy and paste peoples codes I made my own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif if u played on xbox u probobly knew the clan 9mm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ya we kinda fucked that version up after x187x left.

So ur logic that I "hacked a game because I sucked too hard without it" phails GG have fun

also regarding your comment about servers being monitored and such... What? do you think PCs servers will be completely shoved off and not monitored? this isnt a competition this was about the fact that ANY PLATFORM is easily and equally as hackable seing as the ONLY advantage for hacking the PC version is that PC's can run Memory editors to alter in game stats and etc. but that can be done with packet editing too and Nprotect gaurds against most memory editors anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-12 14:35 ]</font>

Well, if you're an aspiring game designer, you should know about all the hard work that goes into making a game. Think about that before mutilating someone else's coding.

Where did I say the other servers were going to be englected? I said ST's servers, which encompasses all of its servers. The PC needs nProtect Gameguard and other programs of the like because it's easier to hack that than a PS2 or an Xbox 360.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on how to edit packets with a mod chip.

Caydence
Oct 12, 2006, 04:46 PM
i say you just make a new topic zeta, maybe about hacking psu?

jarek99
Oct 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
You crybabies need to suck it up. The game is less than 2 weeks from release. Be happy you are getting a chance to play it at all before launch.

zeeponaner
Oct 12, 2006, 05:16 PM
This really sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zeeponaner on 2006-10-12 15:21 ]</font>

drmcst45
Oct 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
all i want is a beta and test out the online a bit.

Id understand the anger if live went down the day of PSU release or something like that but the BETA really aint gonna be much so its no biggy.

StanleyPain
Oct 12, 2006, 05:34 PM
I AM GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLD AND THEN TAKE THE PIECES AND BLOW THEM UP SOME MORE.

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:03, Fazeshot wrote:

On 2006-10-12 13:41, justbrak wrote:

All i can say is....

Lolz

sorry .

LOLZ

pwnt imo.

360 isnt hack proof its just as easy to hack.. 360 is already modded my friend installs modchips for them and it makes it so u can rip the game to ur harddrive and do w/e u please with it just like the pc version so stop living in a fantasy world that 360 is less hackable because it isnt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spokane I went to High school near by there.
The hacking of the xbox 360 is the ability to copy a game. wow. that is on such the same scale as how the beta for the pc has been hacked. you got me. I totally said that the 360 was hack proof and that I would never run into cheaters as well. You got me there as well. Time to come down from my phantasy world and accept reality that the 360 obviously suxors so that people on a 360 thread making themselves feel better about their pc decision for the game can have a happy day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

justbrak
Oct 12, 2006, 05:42 PM
And if your friend really can hack the 360 right now like people can hack the old xbox. There is a whole world wide internet out there that would love to learn how and would pay good money for his obvious exclusive knowledge. Me included. I am calling BS on your friend hacking 360's just as easily as pc's. I look on a regular basis and nobody has been able to pull it off yet and announced it other than a simple game copy method.

Phalynx
Oct 12, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-10-12 14:45, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-10-12 14:25, Fazeshot wrote:

Well, if you're an aspiring game designer, you should know about all the hard work that goes into making a game. Think about that before mutilating someone else's coding.

So true, Zeta, your my hero.

Souppy
Oct 12, 2006, 05:54 PM
Back to the real subject... the downtime... *cries*

Phalynx
Oct 12, 2006, 05:56 PM
Oh well, we get a few days to play around with an english PSU, thats more than enough, besides it's only 11 days, im sure we can hold our sanity for that much longer. Also, not thinking about it so much and just focusing on living your life is a great way to get it off your mind. Just block everything PSU out of your mind for the next 11 days.

linkzone
Oct 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
They shouldnt have even wasted our time telling us about this beta. All it did was make me happy, then the day after let me down hard. Then When I finally said ok, its on the weekend no biggie Ill still have fun, then they say its gonna be cut down by downtime. One kick to the jewels after another.

Phalynx
Oct 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
You shouldnt be taking it personal and or be upset over a game beta. Its only a game, and guess what, life continues forward.

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 06:26 PM
"Hack" this, "Hack" that. I love how most people today fling that word about as if they do know anything about it.

Face it, any "hacking" on PSO was script-kiddie rubbish and nothing more. Modding your 360, manipulating packets, inputting codes on a Gameshark for Dreamcast or watching the movie Hackers (which had nothing to do with hacking) doesn't mean you're some 1337 h4|<3|2; you're just a script-kiddie doing the "cool" or "scene" thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-10-12 16:29 ]</font>

Waber
Oct 12, 2006, 06:28 PM
Why do we get a Beta and no time to play it, ow well we are still getting a Beta am I right. There will still be a few days we can play, so lets make the best out of the time.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
There's so much hype for PSU now because of this whole delay thing, I wouldn't be suprised if this was Seg'as goal from the beginning.

we should just enjoy the time we have left until we're spending hours killing things like the good ol' days

instead of having what's called a "Real Life" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif whatever that is anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

Shye
Oct 12, 2006, 07:01 PM
This certainly isn't the best way to make new friends, Microsoft and/or Sega.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 08:03 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:26, phunk wrote:
"Hack" this, "Hack" that. I love how most people today fling that word about as if they do know anything about it.

Face it, any "hacking" on PSO was script-kiddie rubbish and nothing more. Modding your 360, manipulating packets, inputting codes on a Gameshark for Dreamcast or watching the movie Hackers (which had nothing to do with hacking) doesn't mean you're some 1337 h4|<3|2; you're just a script-kiddie doing the "cool" or "scene" thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-10-12 16:29 ]</font>

You sir, are brilliant.

DevilsArm
Oct 12, 2006, 08:03 PM
well the downtime isnt that bad imo, i mean i knew this downtime was coming since microsoft said that this month they were doing an xbl update, they just never stated when until now. i say be happy its during the beta and not after the game is released

Sabinblitz
Oct 12, 2006, 11:08 PM
I am bummed about shorter play time, BUT, I hope we can transfer our characters over to retail. That would be awesome. And before anyone says "n00b they always delete characters after beta", that generally is the case but the FFXI 360 Beta let you keep your characters as did Lineage II (though that was a bad decision cause of the insane farmer/hacking problem).

Vetto
Oct 12, 2006, 11:12 PM

Hmm Demo with one down day Vs No demo.

ya.... =/

Symtex360
Oct 12, 2006, 11:20 PM
Wow. another thread that turns into a X360 hate rant. My god. I thought this type of post was long gone at PSO-World.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-10-12 21:12, Vetto wrote:

Hmm Demo with one down day Vs No demo.

ya.... =/

ya PCers (except J_F) are just jealous we'll be playing some english PSU early. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Blenjar
Oct 13, 2006, 12:03 AM
wtf?!@?!!?!?!??!

-- Blen

BluCast20xx
Oct 13, 2006, 01:45 AM
just as long as i get toplay the damn "beta" then its all good.

i mean it would be a major letdown if they announce a beta and madea date for it, yet couldnt make it available at all because of server upgrades. If was going to get any more hectic, they can just cancel this altogether ad just make wave for the actual release date.

Soda
Oct 13, 2006, 05:57 AM
It Looks Like That This Demo Is Pissing Off People lol
Im there With You
It went from 1 week to 3 days now
Well As Long as I get to create my Character and play a little

Coxy
Oct 13, 2006, 06:11 AM
You know you guys are missing the single most disturbing part of that website

Q: What the heck am I going to do for 24 hours if I can't troll the forums, pwn my rivals, download stuff on Marketplace, or video chat with my friends?

A: We're glad you asked. We hereby submit our Top Ten Things to Do on October 17 2006:

2. Bust out your big black buddy

Excuse me? 0_o

Undubbed
Oct 13, 2006, 06:50 AM
2. Burst out your big black buddy Xbox...

Coxy
Oct 13, 2006, 07:31 AM
Thank you for that Undubbed, next time I obviously fail to read something properly I'll make sure I look you up

Boy do I feel stupid for making that mistake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2006-10-13 05:32 ]</font>

Shoryu
Oct 13, 2006, 02:15 PM
The demo's out now, so why does it even matter?

SeAm-NiNjA
Oct 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
srry to tell all you guys but there is no offline beta if you dont no i just downloaded it and im about to f****** smash my 360

Soda
Oct 17, 2006, 05:42 AM
Well I think Mostly Everybody that has been reading the posts on the first page Knew that the demo wasent goanna be offline. "This Online Beta will last through the 18th" Well now we Wait for the real game ppl!!!

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 05:50 AM
stupid....the xbox wasnt black it was dark dark GREEN

tycl
Oct 17, 2006, 05:54 AM

oh plz.

you dont have the foggiest idea. the 360 does not have to be online. sorry. just the pc. learn the facts. you can not patch a game on the 360 like the pc. another reason to go with the 360. only sega can patch the game, not hackers.

tycl
Oct 17, 2006, 05:59 AM

psu does not use xbox servers, just for the beta. a gold account is required for xbox live and onle a silver is required for psu.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 17, 2006, 06:13 AM
On 2006-10-17 03:59, tycl wrote:
psu does not use xbox servers, just for the beta. a gold account is required for xbox live and onle a silver is required for psu.

Well, live is shut down NOW and we can't play. I am just guessing now but it seems that the 'real' online servers ARE the Beta servers. For PSU Beta if you try to connect it asks you to sign in, even if you only have a silver account you must SIGN IN to xbox live. Thus you cannot sign in if the xbox servers are down correct?

Fleece
Oct 17, 2006, 06:19 AM
im waiting for PSU wii after the i get the PC Lol

"Bitch slap the enemy with the wii controller!"

Or a wii porn game lol, thatd amuse me.

Soda
Oct 18, 2006, 07:48 AM
On 2006-10-17 04:13, UltraDeeDer wrote:

On 2006-10-17 03:59, tycl wrote:

Well, live is shut down NOW and we can't play. I am just guessing now but it seems that the 'real' online servers ARE the Beta servers. For PSU Beta if you try to connect it asks you to sign in, even if you only have a silver account you must SIGN IN to xbox live. Thus you cannot sign in if the xbox servers are down correct?

yea thats right.They go down for maintanace sometimes to put in new features to the xbox live which is good becouse most of the stuff on your 360 is upgraded or the online will be