PDA

View Full Version : ip connections and router

Breadmaker
Oct 12, 2006, 03:02 PM
i was wondering if anyone could help me out here, me and my brother wana play together, on on pc and one on ps2. Using a router, will there be any problem with that? Also wondering if pc and ps2 users can log in at diffrent opposite platforms, pc user being able to log in online at a ps2.

And what is this ps2 lag people have been speaking about =)

foamcup
Oct 12, 2006, 03:04 PM
You should no problems at all with the router, as for the lag, I'm guessing it's just graphical slowdown.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:05 PM
it isnt lag, ppl just say ps2 has some slowdown when there's a lot of people and action.

all versions will have lag here and there.

SolKyoshiro
Oct 12, 2006, 03:05 PM
As long as your router is configured correctly you should have no problems. I don't think PSU assigns accounts via ip address or anything. And you can NOT cross platform, when u make an account its tagged to that format, PC/PS2 or x360.

And I'm not sure bout the ps2 lag.

Kyuu
Oct 12, 2006, 03:06 PM
I don't know if there are any ports you are supposed to keep open on your router, haven't heard anything about that yet. But otherwise, there should be no problem with using a router.

Yes, PC users can log in on a PS2, and PS2 users can log in on a PC. Your characters are all stored online, and both platforms use the same servers.

The PS2 "lag" is just slowdown that occurs when there's a lot going on on the screen, because they really pushed the PS2 hardware for all it's worth and then some. Some people say it's pretty bad, others say it's merely a nuisance. I'm not sure which is really the case. It's only as issue when there is a lot going on at once, like when you have 5 or 6 people shooting their PAs everywhere and all that.

Typhoeus
Yes you shouldn't have a problem playing on the same IP and router. Myself and a couple buddies have played PSO (online) on three seperate Xbox'es all using the same internet connection and router at my place. We've also done the same thing with Monster Hunter for PS2 (also online) with no problems. I don't forsee it being any different for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-12 13:07 ]</font>

Zeizen
Using a Router you will not have a problem with that. From what I have heard the PS2 and PC servers will be the same so it should be possible. As far as lag I do not know.

Breadmaker
Oct 12, 2006, 03:08 PM
sweet thanks everyone for the help

mogshaz
Oct 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
there shouldn't be too much of a problem hooking a PC and PS2 to a router you will need the port settings for each (I'm not sure if they are the same cause sega hasn't said what they are). You may get some connection lag at times since you are essentially splitting your connection in two.

From everything i have seen PC users can use their accounts on PS2 and vice versa. and the lag mentioned by some people as a common problem for the PS2 is system lag where the ps2's hardware can't keep a constant framerate. I don't know if it true or not having never seen the game run on the ps2 but i wouldn't doubt it.