PDA

View Full Version : regarding little kids and headsets

Animosity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:31 PM
i have a 360 and there is an occasional little bastard who just spams the mic, but its not as bad as people say and id rather talk to someone in real time then to stop moveing, type, then start moving again.

your opinions?

BlueInfinity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
it's going to happen, it always happen deal with it.

Razorback
Oct 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
the headset's are god. Yea theres going to little kids playing this game but if they acting immature just dont play with them. Its that simple. the that sucks for me is that my friends cousin is 16, fat and pimpy and has a girly voice who thinks it deep, so i gots to deal with that.

Editted by VioletSkye: Please refrain from using inappropriate language

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-10-12 17:28 ]</font>

Swifty01
Oct 12, 2006, 06:35 PM
Kids being like that is always annoying, but I don't think it will be as big of a problem for PSU because they have to pay fees, and I'm not sure how many kids, or their parents are willing to pay. Then again there were a lot of kids like that on WoW, so who knows. In any case, you can always mute them cant you? And yeah, talking in real time > typing

Animosity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:34, Razorback wrote:
the headset's are god. Yea theres going to little kids playing this game but if they acting gay just dont play with them. Its that simple. the that sucks for me is that my friends cousin is 16, fat and pimpy and has a girly voice who thinks it deep, so i gots to deal with that.

lol

Rizen
Oct 12, 2006, 06:37 PM
Another moved topic in the future?

Animosity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:37, Rizen wrote:
Another moved topic in the future?

how about you move yourself out of my topic...psh...
ass

Kent
Oct 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
Bad feedback, block communications, Blacklist, resume play.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 06:45 PM
I feel really hurt guys, I mean I'm a "kid" and i got zillions of friends (oddly all are like 18 yrs old). but Even I get relly annoyed when those @#$@%&@ start screaming at the top of der lungs. I honestly feel that most kids are very immature so i use the many options on xbox live to avoid them.( i bet everyone is gonna hate me now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

xTATANTULAx
Oct 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
If you wish to use the mic feature over typing, then you might as well learn to unplug the mic if there are sounds you don't want to hear. I learned this technique from playing Halo 2 with screaming kids.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
man i just wish that parents would slap teh s**t out of their screamin little annoyin a**whole kids

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:47, CpwninOBrien wrote:
man i just wish that parents would slap teh s**t out of their screamin little annoyin a**whole kids

agreed

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 06:58 PM
i'm a great kid who is going high school next year in case wondering but to get on topic if you don't like em 4-11 yr olds use your gamer zone to be paired up with more mature people I'd suggest pro or recreation you can also mute da kids and black list em

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chewydawg on 2006-10-12 16:59 ]</font>

CrazySwayzee
Oct 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
annoying kids like that probably won't even play PSU for long anyways, if everyone blacklists them of course.

just don't blacklist the "honest" kid that isn't inhaling large doses of helium like the other kiddies

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:59, CrazySwayzee wrote:
annoying kids like that probably won't even play PSU for long anyways, if everyone blacklists them of course.

just don't blacklist the "honest" kid that isn't inhaling large doses of helium like the other kiddies

uh who's dat

FateOfTheArt
Oct 12, 2006, 07:08 PM
Any time in PSOX some little dink decided it was open-mic night, I just voicebanned em. Quick and easy to do and funny to watch them communicate(badly) in text as no one could hear them any longer.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 07:15 PM
you take the good, you take the bad, and there you have people who spam the mike all the time. best way to get rid of them is blacklist. o yea and its not always kids. everyone does it. its just depends on the person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-10-12 17:16 ]</font>

Kers
Oct 12, 2006, 07:17 PM
That's one fat sig there, xTATANTULAx.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:00, chewydawg wrote:

uh who's dat

just trying to describe what an "annoying" pre-pubertic 13 year old tends to sound like.

RamenEater
I wish pc/ps2 had voice stream =/

Milo_Jast
Those kids aren't all bad. I enjoy provoking them into singing annoying high pitched songs for my entertainment. They feel important and I get a laugh.

Jinto117
Oct 12, 2006, 07:26 PM

Exactly, like I said before PSU isn't as popular as something like Halo 2 or WOW. In our case that's a good thing because it filters out the loyalist from the posers. Besides, little annoying children are going to have a hard time getting their parents to pay $10 a month for their subscription fee.

ABDUR101
Oct 12, 2006, 07:28 PM
Oh look, 14 year olds being elitist against 14 year olds. Cute. =]

Blueblur
Oct 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
Just mute them. I do that in Halo 2 ALL THE TIME.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
there are some parents though that give in to there kids. all i can say about that is, as parents you lack the nerve to control your kids. since were talking about kids on the mic though i hope you all enjoy this. i have a feling lots of you seen this though but it still makes me laugh. o yea this is called I want Chocolate Milk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-10-12 17:34 ]</font>

Milo_Jast
Oct 12, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:30, Numnuttz wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

lolichan
Oct 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
after playing socom for a few years, yeah, kids can get irritating. but one thing i noticed a lot is that once every blue moon there would be a kid that was minding his own business and people make fun of and/or vote him out of the game for no reason at all. point being, don't be a prick and treat someone like crap just because they're younger, it doesn't make you cool. (i need to go bathe in baby blood or something, i feel like a pussy for writing this.)

koolaidman
Oct 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
Although there are those bad apples, not all kids are going to be annoying. They might be annoying to listen to, but I think some of them won't have the gonads to start shouting at the top of their developing lungs. I mostly give kids some leeway on Live, but once they start getting on my back I just mute them. Since Live for the 360 is getting a little better at ironing those morons out, just block them and you probably won't ever see them again.

But of course if you do see a kid, don't provoke them because they are kids. Hell, don't even comment on their terrible gameplay, it'll only make the volume on their tiny voice boxes go higher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: koolaidman on 2006-10-12 17:56 ]</font>

Merc
Oct 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
I see it as, play with who you want to play with and if they irritate you, you can always just mute them. Razorback, I read your post not knowing it was you and that me me laugh.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:49, lolichan wrote:
after playing socom for a few years, yeah, kids can get irritating. but one thing i noticed a lot is that once every blue moon there would be a kid that was minding his own business and people make fun of and/or vote him out of the game for no reason at all. point being, don't be a prick and treat someone like crap just because they're younger, it doesn't make you cool. (i need to go bathe in baby blood or something, i feel like a pussy for writing this.)

agreed i got kicked out of HUNDREDS of games because i was little younger than the rest. Usally guys quickly discriminate the younger! I can't even go to matchmaking in halo 2 without a older friend to back me up.( What has the gaming society come to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

lolichan
Oct 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
socom is really a boiling pot of teenage angst and e-thugs. i highly doubt the problem will be as bad on psu. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Milo_Jast
Oct 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
( What has the gaming society come to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Most people just take the majority of the kids and group them together as annoying before they even talk to them. Just hearing a high pitched kids voice can send some people off on Live.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo_Jast on 2006-10-12 17:58 ]</font>

lolichan
Oct 12, 2006, 07:59 PM
er, socom and halo, that is. and any other shooter game really.

Raide_the_3rd
Oct 12, 2006, 08:01 PM
As much as I heard the horror stories of trash talking on the Xbox, I think I'll at least try it out once in a while. I hate arguing with immature people or taking crap from them, but it's going to happen. At least the USB keyboard from my PS2 works on the 360.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:08 PM
You know, most of the guys I think are kids turn out to be 20 year olds. So you can't really discriminate by age. Stoopid people are stoopid at any age.

James2006
Oct 12, 2006, 08:13 PM
In PSU you can choose who you play with. Don't play with little annoying kids and you won't have a problem. Voice chat is so much easier than typing, just find the people you like to play with.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:08, Yoiyami wrote:
You know, most of the guys I think are kids turn out to be 20 year olds. So you can't really discriminate by age. Stoopid people are stoopid at any age.

your right to some degree... but what happens you literally get a guy singing the power rangers theme song over a mic (you get a 16yr old) true story btw some guy on live was mocking me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif what was scary is that i think he new every single word lol

Kindaichi
Oct 12, 2006, 08:16 PM
Whats considered a annoying kid age wise to you guys?

Rizen
Oct 12, 2006, 08:18 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Images/lolrappy.jpg

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:18 PM
Lmao. Okay, point taken. The younger players tend to be more stoopid than the older players, but there're some old dummies out there. Anytime you have a 23 year old guy going "Omg, ur a girl? dey play gamez?? lol ur gay guy" I'd call that a stoopid older player.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:16, Kindaichi wrote:
Whats considered a annoying kid age wise to you guys?

since i'm a "kid"(the good ol' days)i'd say 4-8

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:18, Yoiyami wrote:
Lmao. Okay, point taken. The younger players tend to be more stoopid than the older players, but there're some old dummies out there. Anytime you have a 23 year old guy going "Omg, ur a girl? dey play gamez?? lol ur gay guy" I'd call that a stoopid older player.

hey I'm not stoopid it's true that some kids like act stupid but i'm hardcore gamer!! I really understand how some younger kids can be annoying but just because i'm not 14 doesn't mean i'm stupid

Ezekiel06
Oct 12, 2006, 08:23 PM
My sister got mistaken for a kid befor, and she's in college http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ezekiel06
Oct 12, 2006, 08:26 PM
Kid voices don't bother me at all. I work with kids at my job...5 days a week. Just the annoying, ear piercing, screaming, won't stop asking stupid questions kids are the ones I'll be blocking,

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:29 PM
Check my profile, I'm not much older than you. XD Besides, you misunderstood what I meant. I'm saying that you tend to see more stoopid kids than older players, then went on to further prove my point about older dummies.

Kindaichi
Oct 12, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:29, Yoiyami wrote:
Check my profile, I'm not much older than you. XD Besides, you misunderstood what I meant. I'm saying that you tend to see more stoopid kids than older players, then went on to further prove my point about older dummies.

It really comes down to the person like i rather play witha 8 year old kid who is nice then a dude who thinks he is cool because he drops the f-bomb every other minute.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 08:35 PM
well sry i was so defensive i'm just used to gettin' picked on left and right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:33, Kindaichi wrote:
It really comes down to the person like i rather play witha 8 year old kid who is nice then a dude who thinks he is cool because he drops the f-bomb every other minute.

Are you f***ing insulting me!? I DEFINE cool.

Honestly, I have met players in MMO's way younger than myself who I enjoyed playing with much more than older players. I'm a firm believer that in a game age doesn't matter, and players should be treated as children depending on their attitude, not their age.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
I couldn't agree with Bleemo more.

...Now I really want to hangout with you ingame. D:

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 08:41 PM
man i love this community i can actually be safe here whew. I thought this was gonna be i hate kids topic

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:44 PM
It wasn't far from it, though. o.o;

It's good to know that people treat you a certain way depending on your personality, mentality and attitude. The type of person you are is most important. Age is only important when the law is involved. XD

EDIT: Some people do, anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-12 18:45 ]</font>

ghaleonreborn
Oct 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
yeah little kids and thier headsets....live and let live i suppose.....

Ezekiel06
Oct 12, 2006, 08:46 PM
hey I'm not stoopid it's true that some kids like act stupid but i'm hardcore gamer!! I really understand how some younger kids can be annoying but just because i'm not 14 doesn't mean i'm stupid

Your "type" of youth don't count. You are the cool ones, if you wanna put it that way. If you got 360, we can play together whe PSU releases.

EDIT: I wouldn't concider 14 Y.O. a kid though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezekiel06 on 2006-10-12 18:48 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:44, Yoiyami wrote:
It wasn't far from it, though. o.o;

Age is only important when the law is involved. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-12 18:45 ]</font>

well said, i know what you mean completely.lol

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:39, Yoiyami wrote:

Will you be participating in the Beta? If so, what's your Gamertag? I would love to have a crony to shoot the pie with on Beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2006-10-12 18:41, chewydawg wrote:
man i love this community i can actually be safe here whew. I thought this was gonna be i hate kids topic

You'll have to get your mother's permission to participate in the late night drunk-fests in the lobbies though. Sorry.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:48, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-12 18:39, Yoiyami wrote:

Will you be participating in the Beta? If so, what's your Gamertag? I would love to have a crony to shoot the pie with on Beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately....

I don't have a 360 yet. I have a little 360 fund going on. And I'm up to... $25! I should have $425 by the end of the month! It'd be $460, but I put $10 on a PSU reserve.

So erm...I don't think I'll have it by beta, so I'll have to be your crony after the official release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-10-12 18:52, Yoiyami wrote:
Unfortunately....

I don't have a 360 yet. I have a little 360 fund going on. And I'm up to... $25! I should have $425 by the end of the month! It'd be $460, but I put $10 on a PSU reserve.

So erm...I don't think I'll have it by beta, so I'll have to be your crony after the official release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Females with Xbox 360's don't exist. I believe you're lying to me, I think that's what is going on.

I was still in a debate whether or not to buy 360 version or PC, since I am able to play on both. I was first going to try it out on 360 with the Beta, then make my decision, but the 360 community is a lot better than I previously thought. I'll probably just stick with 360.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:03 PM
LOL. Actually Mo (your new nickname), I don't blame you for not believing me. Females with 360s DO seem nonexistant. If it weren't for the guys at Gamestop letting me play one of theirs with Oblivion in it, I wouldn't be saving up for one. And now I'm going to be working there. XD

The main reason I want the 360 version is for the small community. Smaller, underdog communities tend to be the best. The voice chat and somewhat safer servers are really just a bonus. I'm pretty sure I'll be happier on the 360 version. ^_^

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-10-12 19:03, Yoiyami wrote:
LOL. Actually Mo (your new nickname), I don't blame you for not believing me. Females with 360s DO seem nonexistant. If it weren't for the guys at Gamestop letting me play one of theirs with Oblivion in it, I wouldn't be saving up for one. And now I'm going to be working there. XD

The main reason I want the 360 version is for the small community. Smaller, underdog communities tend to be the best. The voice chat and somewhat safer servers are really just a bonus. I'm pretty sure I'll be happier on the 360 version. ^_^

Okay, Yams(o ur new niknam btw).

You are right. Smaller community certainly has it's appeal. Though...

I'm pretty sure I'll be happier on the 360 version. ^_^

^ Famous last words.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:14 PM
Lol... "Yams". Okay, I can get used to that.

Jinto117
Oct 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
Personally I find the most annoying age bracket to be around the 12-14 year old age group. Those kids, and by kids I mean boys, just can't handle puberty.

adamgnome104
Oct 12, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm going to try to find more mature 18+ people to play with from PSOworld hopefully.

I don't mind talking to anyone at all but I'm so socially inept it's not funny.

That and the fact I have a weird voice and a Newfoundland accent doesn't help, lol.

Chaobo99
Oct 12, 2006, 09:32 PM
just because people are 12-14 years of age(points at me) does'nt mean we'll scream through the headsets
*screams through headsets* whoops...

EC_Subbie
Oct 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
Generally I don't like to play with people younger than 17/18, but if they can act normal I'm ok with it. Older players can be pretty annoying though, like rapping/singing into mics.. and this one game a girl was playing and everyone acted like morons.. OMG Gurlz don't play games!1 What are you doing here!? omghi2u...how old are you? blah blah blah. Crap like that annoys me.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
when guys meet girl gamers they go through either 3 phases.
1.OMG your a girl. thats crazy
2.Wow your a girl you seem hot, lets hook up
3.girl gamer huh i dont believe it,

Symtex360
Oct 12, 2006, 11:52 PM
You can always "Mute" them if they are too annoying. Anyway, I usely play with people on my friend list to begin with. It is very helpfull during boss battle to have voice communication. I wouldn't live without it.

Spacepest
Oct 13, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-10-12 17:19, RamenEater wrote:
I wish pc/ps2 had voice stream =/

I don't know about ps2, but has anyone with the PC version of PSU tried to set up a Ventrilo server yet? I know that's how players use voice chat in games like World of Warcraft, etc.

I would actually be tempted to use voicechat while I played if I didn't play so many late night games. Nothing more annoying than waking up your spouse because you were yelling along with your teammates during a game. *wishes for a soundproof gaming room*

Edit: OOoh, just saw in another thread someone is trying to set up a Ventrilo server. So it looks like PC players will be able to use live chat if they want. Don't know what the ps2 players are going to do though...type furiously?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2006-10-12 22:31 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Oct 13, 2006, 12:32 AM
I hate British little kids I'm sorry. They sound like litte chimney sweeps

Nani-chan
Oct 13, 2006, 12:42 AM
lol you stole my Cloudsong everyone

ghaleonreborn
Oct 13, 2006, 12:53 AM
what do you mean girls and 360 dont exsist??? what about girl gamers out there???i personally know Fragdolls (clan of girl gamers) that would love to play the beta of psu so there!!!! >.<

Symtex360
Oct 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
On 2006-10-12 22:53, ghaleonreborn wrote:
what do you mean girls and 360 dont exsist??? what about girl gamers out there???i personally know Fragdolls (clan of girl gamers) that would love to play the beta of psu so there!!!! >.<

I don't blame girls from being shy of speaking online as most guy will start hitting on her the minute they will notice that she is a she.

Ran to a girl playing poke this week. first thing the other guys said was :"Are you hot ?".