PDA

View Full Version : Best 6 person party?

Razorback
Oct 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
In your opinopin what do you think will be the best launch day party? The reason i ask cause im wondering what would be the best party till everyone gets second job things.
i would say
2-3 Hunters
2 forces
1-2 rangers

i know this is simple but IMO hunters sorta hold a party together by taking the damage, and mages heal, so rangers IMO would help the stuggling hunter or maybe a force being attacked.

Also what;s your favorite job?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 12, 2006, 06:48 PM
i vote for john stewert but i want to be vry clear conan obrien > john stewert

xTATANTULAx
Oct 12, 2006, 06:48 PM
3 Stephen Colberts, 2 Jon Stewarts, and an Ed Helms for good measure.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 06:50 PM
The rangers are essential in PSU they horde the mob of enemies away from the hunters and forces they also c strafe while shooting so they are always safe

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
Hunters are the most powerfull at low end game, the other classes become powerfull in their own right in later levels

Kent
Oct 12, 2006, 07:00 PM
Unlike the various renditions of PSO, it seems like the best sort of startup party in PSU, is a balanced one. Hunter, Hunter, Force, Force, Ranger, Ranger.

Especially now that the classes have more defined roles, especially Ranger - covering fire is actually an obvious gameplay aspect, this time around, it seems (then add elemental Bullets and their status effects onto that, and there's a defined reason for being here).

Oh, and on a side note; Stewart/Colbert '08, yes please.

b3n
Oct 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
2 beast hunters, 1 cast hunter, 2 cast rangers and 1 1337 force(me) would be the best squad.

Parn
Oct 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
Any party that has at least one force is guaranteed to have a smooth ride through all stages. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they become the dominant class played on the game a few months down the road when people realize how incredibly strong they are.

Milo_Jast
Oct 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
A group of six rangers. Spray and pray with auto mechguns. Thats going to be so much fun. The actual best party would bea well rounded one 1 Beast and 1 Cast hunter, 1 Human and 1 Cast ranger, 1 Human and 1 Newman Force

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo_Jast on 2006-10-12 17:25 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 12, 2006, 07:31 PM
Your poll wins lol.

Zeppelin36
Oct 12, 2006, 07:38 PM
i would say 2 hunters 2 rangers and 2 forces. double the damage. double the range. double the support....and explosions

Nani-chan
Oct 12, 2006, 07:47 PM
6 protransers onry

wyzwun
Oct 12, 2006, 07:48 PM
awww shit, the game is not even out yet in NA and we already trying to COOKIE CUTTER THE SHIT. GG

Zeppelin36
Oct 12, 2006, 07:50 PM
so are protransers like the balanced class or sumthing?

AnamanaAU
Oct 12, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:48, wyzwun wrote:
awww shit, the game is not even out yet in NA and we already trying to COOKIE CUTTER THE SHIT. GG.
I agree, if you can't function in a party no matter what classes & races you're playing with. Then it's you that sucks, not the party.

Metempsychic
Oct 12, 2006, 07:55 PM
Best party = 6 people who don't care what class the other 5 people are.

Kent
Oct 12, 2006, 07:57 PM
Protransers can use the best traps. However, they cannot use techniques, and have a selection of both guns and melee weapons, but cannot use the most powerful of any weapon type.

So in essence, they're a bit different from any of the other expert classes out there, and require what seems to be the most diverse selection of basic job levels to get to.

Nani-chan
Oct 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
More or less zep, only expert class that can't use S ranks (unlike other expert jobs), but is only job that has 30 in skill and bullets.. Was a joke since it's the job least people are going for atm.. (which makes me want to be it.. that's sad) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Widow
Oct 12, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:55, Metempsychic wrote:
Best party = 6 people who don't care what class the other 5 people are.

I totally agree.

Merc
Oct 12, 2006, 08:18 PM
I would have to go with like 2-3 hunters, 1-2 forces, and like 1-2 rangers, kind of like what you had said. Forces are going to have a larger role in this game than they did in PSO, so we will see how that turns out.

Shye
Oct 12, 2006, 08:41 PM
Saner, a box of Cracker Jacks, a Whopper, a can of Sprite, a piece of Pie, and an Orange.

If that one falls through, then;

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick-a-buttah.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'd be content with just the Whoppers >_>

Openget
Oct 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-10-12 17:48, wyzwun wrote:
awww shit, the game is not even out yet in NA and we already trying to COOKIE CUTTER THE SHIT. GG

SasakiKojiro
Oct 12, 2006, 09:45 PM
I'd actually like to see a group of Hunters using double-sabers and tornado diving through the whole stage. Would be pretty sweet.

Dre_o
Oct 12, 2006, 09:47 PM
I don't care. Play who you want. Long as you don't die, I don't care.

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
There is no designated 'best party' but people will have a prefered setup....Jeez nothing wrong with having a favourite party....Everyone has one.

I would personally like 3 hunters 1 ranger and 2 forces....Of course my opinion will probably change after i've played the game...... I also think it would be cool to have one of each expert class (excluding protranser since I really don't get their application yet.)

Miphesto
Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
2 hunters, 4 forces, no rangers...lol

galaxy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:04 PM
what your forgetting about, though, are expert classes...i mean, they arent released yet (i don't think), but they will ultimately be what a party consists of...with that in mind, I'd say:

fortetcher
fortefighter
wartecher
fighgunner
guntecher
protranser

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
^ They are released/soon to be released.

ProfessorZ
Oct 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
In FFXI the best party for the dunes were

2 Warriors
1 Red Mage
2 Black Mages
1 White Mage

In PSU this should convert to

3 Hunters
1 Ranger
2 Forces

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 10:39 PM
^ That is going too far...If party mentality breaks down into the fascist party system in FFXI this game is royally screwed..... For those who have not played FFXI allow me to reiterate.

(Paladin with Blackmage subjob) WTF?! WHY DOES OUR LVL 8 WHM NOT HAVE A SUB?
Whm: Uh, i'm new, I haven't gotten that far.
Pld: FUCKING N00B!!1
Whm: Dude, you have blm as a sub, how will you control aggro?
Pld: I don't need to, I'm master of black AND white magic!
Whm: Your sub is level 1 and you are lvl 9
Pld: Dude if we hit it fast enough AND YOU HEAL RIGHT we won't need taunt!
Whm: We are lvl 8's and 9's our Thf is lvl 4....
Pld: Fuck you hippy! *boots from party*
Thf: Hey guys I kinda pulled like 4 lizards and the Blm and Drg are dead.
Mnk: Fuck this i'm gonna go play solitaire

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-10-12 20:41 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Oct 13, 2006, 12:05 AM
Buwhaha John Stuart! What about Steven Colbert? O_o

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Oct 13, 2006, 12:20 AM
Having not played the game, and not knowing how the mechanics work completely, my opinion is moot.
buuuuuuut... I'm gonna take an educated guess and go with Jon Stewart

but seriously... I'm gonna say, 2 of each... That way, no one person has to play their classes role by themselves. with two of each, all jobs are sure to get done right? right? Of course, i've played games in pso where i had to cast lvl 20 sd with two forces in the game.... >>

Miyoko
Oct 13, 2006, 01:25 AM
This is PSO/PSU, not forced-team-makeup WoW/FFXI/EQ, remember... It really doesn't matter -what- your team is, you're going to do fine.

Ether
Oct 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
The best team is actually five forces (http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9646/fivelc0.jpg)

Zarbolord
Oct 13, 2006, 01:31 AM
It's always good to have at least a force to boost and heal from time to time, even if the character is only a half force. I'd like to try melee force groups again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Me and my friends used to do that, a Fonewearl with a double saber, a Fomar with Red Saber, a FOmarl with Angel Harp and a a Fonewm with a slicer, it was guaranteed fun, I hope we'll be able to do more of that in PSU.

Authenticate
Oct 13, 2006, 02:15 AM
The best team ever is also the most boring team ever.

EC_Subbie
Oct 13, 2006, 03:35 AM
I voted John Stewart..but to answer seriously, a party of all of any job would be devestating. I think Ranger might be one of the more effective. They'd be able to keep their distance to avoid damage..and have all 6 spamming different elemental bullets...you have constant status effects burning/freezing/paralyzing the enemies into oblivion.

Itsuki
Oct 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
You're debating this as if theres an end all best team. But in reality there is probably a best team for each area. In hakura for example, rangers are near worthless. A perfect team might look like 2 hunters + 4 forces. Or even 1 hunter + 5 forces. Now in another area like say... deima. More of a mix is required. a 2/2/2 team might be more viable. The rangers wouldn't be all that useful for most of the level, but they extremely helpful vs Deima.

You probably never need more than 2 rangers. And there are very few situations where its advantageous to have more than 2 hunters. So it end sup look like 0-2 hunters, 0-2 rangers, 2-6 forces.

EDIT: and to comment to the person who just posted above me, having more than 2 rangers is seriously disadvantageous. Ranger damage is just so low in comparison, and you never really need more than 1 status effect on a monster. So they basically end up offering diminishing returns after the 2nd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-10-13 01:48 ]</font>

xTATANTULAx
Oct 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
Honestly I think any party that has a full 6 players will do just fine.

Widow
Oct 13, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-10-12 20:39, Natrokos wrote:
^ That is going too far...If party mentality breaks down into the fascist party system in FFXI this game is royally screwed..... For those who have not played FFXI allow me to reiterate.

(Paladin with Blackmage subjob) WTF?! WHY DOES OUR LVL 8 WHM NOT HAVE A SUB?
Whm: Uh, i'm new, I haven't gotten that far.
Pld: FUCKING N00B!!1
Whm: Dude, you have blm as a sub, how will you control aggro?
Pld: I don't need to, I'm master of black AND white magic!
Whm: Your sub is level 1 and you are lvl 9
Pld: Dude if we hit it fast enough AND YOU HEAL RIGHT we won't need taunt!
Whm: We are lvl 8's and 9's our Thf is lvl 4....
Pld: Fuck you hippy! *boots from party*
Thf: Hey guys I kinda pulled like 4 lizards and the Blm and Drg are dead.
Mnk: Fuck this i'm gonna go play solitaire

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-10-12 20:41 ]</font>
LMFAO!!