PDA

View Full Version : Will meseta be nearly useless again?

Arcturus
Oct 12, 2006, 09:07 PM
I hope not. It's supposed to be the official currency. I hope it works out this time instead of everyone having to barter for everything like in PSO.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'd think not. No one will have anything to barter with, the game will be brand spanking new. So meseta will be very important for a long while, I'd think.

foamcup
Oct 12, 2006, 09:10 PM
Considering how obscenely expensive stuff is and the laughable amounts of money the monsters drop, I'd say yeah, meseta will be useful this time around.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:11 PM
...Stuff is expensive...? D:

Inazuma
Oct 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
ive been playing the jp ver like fucking mad ever since release, and my meseta is always going towards something.

meseta is everything in psu.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
I really don't know...
It was mainly useful in PSO because there was so much duping and hacking.
No one really needed to buy anything.

Arcturus
Oct 12, 2006, 09:19 PM
Good to hear.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:20 PM
Thats good to know, actually.

You won't need items to be able to get the best stuff. Very cool.

foamcup
Oct 12, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-10-12 19:11, Yoiyami wrote:
...Stuff is expensive...? D:

Heck yes. I've only been playing extra, but on there a new set of clothes cost about 144k. Some A-rank armor was like 80k.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
.....Well, at least I'll be kept busy.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
...I wonder if there will be RMTs in PSU???

SoujiSeta
Oct 12, 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm always having money problems x_x
My PM eats too much.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 09:31 PM
....Good question.

Rizen
Oct 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
Meseta wil never be useless in this game. Even if you can synth weapons and equipment you still going to be spending it on clothes or recharging PP. Also theres other uses of meseta that are still to come.

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-10-12 19:30, Slitz wrote:

Like all popular MMO's, it highly depends on the popularity of the game if the RMT's will invest time and money in a game.

Given PSU's already high anticipation, it's more than likely we'll be getting a few.

Minswune
Oct 12, 2006, 10:51 PM
Regarding RMT, it's almost a given, however; this game works in such a way, that the only way rmt can even begin to affect players is; If your dumb enough to party with them (Given you know who is/is suspected RMT) and having to deal with the people who buy meseta and get great items, which they don't deserve.

Xenofobia
Oct 13, 2006, 01:21 AM
well if yo find rmts or money buyers Blist them and the cant join your games and you cant join games they made.

ghaleonreborn
Oct 13, 2006, 01:34 AM
how much money do monsters drop on average?

Losodo1976
Oct 13, 2006, 01:36 AM
I always used Forces in PSO so money was important to me in that game. I'm guessing that if I can buy 'trifluid' type items to restore PP then money will be important to me again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Xenofobia
Oct 13, 2006, 01:58 AM
there are items that restore yor PP

Killuminati
Oct 13, 2006, 03:36 AM
On 2006-10-12 19:33, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-12 19:30, Slitz wrote:

Like all popular MMO's, it highly depends on the popularity of the game if the RMT's will invest time and money in a game.

Given PSU's already high anticipation, it's more than likely we'll be getting a few.

That was one of the only things I can say was good about duping. With duping you didn't have to worry about RMT.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 13, 2006, 03:39 AM
are the money drop rates the same for online and extra mode? same question with armors, weapons and items. cause if its the same money is still wrothless seeing its so easy to get... Also RMT's mostly found in greater numbers in MMO's with Auction Houses. Wont be worth an RMT sweatshop to farm PSU.

Itsuki
Oct 13, 2006, 04:00 AM
Monsters on C rank drop about 40, Monsters on B rank drop about 100, monsters on A rank drop about 220. Those are for "normal" monsters. Big monsters drop more. And at the end of a 20-ish minute long mission, you'll get an additional 500-ish for C-rank, 1000-ish for B-rank, 2000-ish for A rank. All in all, expect aroudn 10k per hour to be a reasonable amount of money.

Theres also plenty of money sinks:
1) All your restoratives. Not just monomates, diamates, etc, but also agtalides, megistalides, etc.
2) PP recharging. The better your weapons are the more it costs.
3) Weapons breaking from synthing. Most people appear to buy grinders from the shop, and this works as a suitable money sink in many situations, even though its more of an item sink.
4) Clothing, Accessories, making your character look cute == $$$
5) Changing class == $$$
6) PM feeding == HUGE MESETA DRAIN OF DOOM

Of course, its hard to say if it will stay this way. The leading problem right now is that there is not a whole lot that people save up to buy from the shop other than B-rank grinders and restoratives. All of the high level items are found. This may lead to eventual inflation. But the key is in how sega controls the inflation, and how far the inflation will go. The amount of money going into the system is low enough that it doesn't seem like there will be too huge of inflation over time. I imagine for a while, the big rare enemy only drops are only going to increase for now, and we'll have to see what they settle at.

And no the money isn't the same online as it is offline. I mean, jeez, level 1 enemies in the first area online drop 500 meseta. Thats crazy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-10-13 02:01 ]</font>