PDA

View Full Version : PSU: General Class Information. (Class,Job,Type,W/e.)

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well, alot of people have been asking about the classes. So I'll try to give a little bit of into on the classes of PSU. Could help you decide on a class.

To find the exact topic you're looking for, simply press CTRL+F and type in the Number or Letter of the category below. (Table Of Contents.)

Example:
CTRL+F
Type: 1.C) in the text area, then clikc "Find Next" (Might have to click it twice.) and it should go to topic 1.C) which is Force - FO.
This Method is generally used to prevent you from having to search endlessly thru the guide,info thing.

------------------------
Table Of Contents

1. Starting Classes.

1.A) Hunter - HU
1.B) Ranger - RA
1.C) Force - FO

2. Expert Classes.

2.A) Fortefighter
2.B) Fortegunner
2.C) Fortetecher
2.D) Fighgunner
2.E) Wartecher
2.F) Guntecher
2.G) Protransfer

3. End
3.A) Ending Info
3.B) Thanks

-----------------------

1. Starting Classes.

1.A) Hunter - HU

Basically, the melee class.
I'm sure most of you know what melee is.
Hunters are distinguished with Close-Ranged weapons, and also proficent with some Ranged-Weapons.(But Ranged is still rather limited.)Hunters have the highest ATP and HP in the game.

PERSONALLY, I think Beast and CAST are top choices for Hunter. Human and Newman are OK..

1.B) Ranger - RA

Rangers are the Ranged-Class of PSU.(Go figure, right?) They're great with Ranged Weapons,(Hand Gun, Rifle, Shotgun, w/e.)And also decent with Melee. Different from PSO because they actually play a role in Support, instead of just straight damage, by using Photon Arts called BULLETS(Original) to put status effects on the bad guys... Like Burn. Woot.
Rangers have the highest ATA, which means they hit more often.

IMO, CAST makes the best RA. But then, what do I know? Any other Race will probably work just fine. It's totally up to you.

And, last but not least.

1.3) Force - FO

The Tech users.(Basically, techs are magic.)
So they heal, support, and do Tech Damage. Are very weak in Attack and Defense, but deal great damage with their spells. Also the only class that can use longbows, (I think.)

I think Newmans make the best FO's, ... yeah. Human will work just fine. But CAST and Beast, may lack... a bit.

-------------------------

2. Expert Classes
(Later in game)

The following info was added by EJ.
Thanx for saving me alot of time lol.
I guess it's from psupedia.org. ;P

2.A) Fortefighter - This type is for those who specialize in melee combat. The types of weapons that fortefighters are able to use are fewer, however they have much higher ATP and DFP.

2.B) Fortegunner - This type is for those who specialize in ranged combat. The types of weapons that fortegunners are able to use are fewer, however their ATP and ATA are top-notch. They can also use A rank spears, daggers, and sabers.

2.C) Fortecher - This type is for those who specialize in technique combat. Fortechers are able to use all techniques, however they suffer from lower DFP.
They can also use A rank daggers, spears, dual daggers, sabers and handgun so they are not without some decent melee weapons.

2.D) Fighgunner - This type combines the abilities of a hunter with a ranger. Not only can fighgunners use melee weapons, but they are also able to wield ranged weaponry.

2.E) Guntecher - This type combines the abilities of a ranger with a force. Even though their main weapons are ranged, guntechers are also able to cast techniques.

2.F) Wartecher - This type combines the abilities of a force with a hunter. While using mainly techniques, a wartecher is also able to battle with melee weaponry. According the the info they seem to be use melee more than tech since their skills level is said to go to 20 while their tech can only go to 10. But can only use S wands.

2.G) Protranser - Protransers take pride in their ability to skillfully utilize traps in battle. They are able to use all types of traps including those of much greater power than normal. But unlike the other classes they don't excel in any weapons so the highest weapons they can have are A rank weapons.

-------------------------
3. End

3.A) Ending Info
Well, I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from posting any negative comments. I'm just trying to help the new-comers. Everyone is new, once.

Any info I missed, and you would like to add; just post, and I'll see about putting it in there.

If you have any questions about the classes, I'll try my best to answer them as efficently as possible. If I don't have an answer to your question, feel free to wait for a responce from the rest of the general public.

3.B) Credits
So far, thank you, EJ, for posting the info on the Expert Classes, and saving be alot of time.

And me, for starting the guide... lol, hurray..

And to anyone who I helped, thank you for reading the guide. Feed back is always a positive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slitz on 2006-10-12 21:20 ]</font>

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
I don't care if you want to make a guide or anything.....But in your force paragraph you called 'Human' Hume.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:11 PM
I did, didn't I... O.o;;
Meh, I'll edit it..
So used to FFXI.. lol

Beezzy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
LOL thanx for the information. Its nice of you to post old ass information. kk? See you on PSU.. More info please..

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:14 PM
...Thanx for being negative.. lol?
May I remind your arrogant little ass that not all of us have been carefully studying the game, like you. Some of the people in this forum are JUST LEARNING ABOUT THE GAME... ;D

I apologize for my rudeness. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And if you want more info,
Like I said,
Ask away.
Brainiac.

EJ
Oct 12, 2006, 10:22 PM
Fortefighter - This type is for those who specialize in melee combat. The types of weapons that fortefighters are able to use are fewer, however they have much higher ATP and DFP. They can't use techs and can use A rank handguns. PA skills up to 30.
Hunter job level 10 to unlock.*

Fortegunner - This type is for those who specialize in ranged combat. The types of weapons that fortegunners are able to use are fewer, however their ATP and ATA are top-notch. They can also use A rank spears, daggers, and sabers. Unable to use techs also.
Bullet up to 30.
Ranger Job level 10 to unlock*

Fortecher - This type is for those who specialize in technique combat. Fortechers are able to use all techniques, however they suffer from lower DFP.
They can also use A rank daggers, spears, dual daggers, sabers and handgun so they are not without some decent melee weapons. Techs up to 30.
Force Job level 10 to unlock.*

Fighgunner - This type combines the abilities of a hunter with a ranger. Not only can fighgunners use melee weapons, but they are also able to wield ranged weaponry. Range weapons can go up to A rank while they have 5 S rank melee weapons. (Double sabers, twin daggers, sabers, daggers, twin sabers)
Skills to 30 and bullets to 20, I believe.
Hunter job level 5 and Ranger Level 3 to unlock*

Guntecher - This type combines the abilities of a ranger with a force. Even though their main weapons are ranged, guntechers are also able to cast techniques. Bullets to 30 and techs to 10, I beleive.
Ranger Level 5 and Force Level 3 to unlock.*

Wartecher - This type combines the abilities of a force with a hunter. While using mainly techniques, a wartecher is also able to battle with melee weaponry. According the the info they seem to be use melee more than tech since their skills level is said to go to 20 while their tech can only go to 10*. But can only use S wands.
Hunter Level 3 and Force Level 5 to unlock.*

Protranser - Protransers take pride in their ability to skillfully utilize traps in battle. They are able to use all types of traps including those of much greater power than normal. But unlike the other classes they don't excel in any weapons so the highest weapons they can have are A rank weapons. Skill and bullet lvl 30 PA*.
Hunter Level 5, Ranger Level 5 and Force Level 5 to unlock.*

Edit: Just to help out alittle.
Edit2: * according to Famitsu scan. Added the job level needed to unlock the expert classes and PA level that the scan and that others said the PA can go up to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-10-12 20:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-10-12 21:21 ]</font>

Beezzy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:22 PM
I was just kidding, I didnt mean any harm towards it, just jokin with u guys. So sorry ^.^ teee hee im a fag anyway

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:24 PM
--> EJ
Thanks.. lol I didn't quite get all that info typed out, yet. ;P
I'll give you credit for it, kk? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Beezzy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
im also a emo, so i slash mah wrists while listening to teh falloutboys!

Swifty01
Oct 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
Good write up. Thanks Slitz and EJ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Beezzy
Oct 12, 2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for teh info, very useful! /wrist

EJ
Oct 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
I was bored and had it notepad and was going to do a class/race guide but since you had the basic I thought why not.

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
Actually, (according to psupedia.org and several other sources.) Wartecher have 20 as their tech cap.....If i'm wrong I certainly apologize but having 20melee 10rng 10tech isn't really a fair split for a predominately magic class.

EJ
Oct 12, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-10-12 20:28, Natrokos wrote:
Actually, (according to psupedia.org and several other sources.) Wartecher have 20 as their tech cap.....If i'm wrong I certainly apologize but having 20melee 10rng 10tech isn't really a fair split for a predominately magic class.

According to recent scans from Famistc(sp) They have 20 skills and 10 techs but not sure on that and hope it was a typo that the magazine printed it out as.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:43 PM
I don't know.. heh.
I'll try to find out.

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 10:51 PM
EJ you sure are a downer...I'd rather live in a world of blissful ignorance then be punched in the teeth by the harsh cold hand of reality........Can't I at least pretend I get a class with equal tech/melee PA's?

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-10-12 20:51, Natrokos wrote:
EJ you sure are a downer...I'd rather live in a world of blissful ignorance then be punched in the teeth by the harsh cold hand of reality........Can't I at least pretend I get a class with equal tech/melee PA's?

It is an RPG.. you can pretend to be anything you want... lol

EJ
Oct 12, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-10-12 20:51, Natrokos wrote:

I never said you can't pretend to have a class with equal techs/melee PA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

edit: the basic info is from PSUedia( however you spell it) but the other info I added from the new info I seen around the forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-10-12 20:56 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Oct 12, 2006, 11:14 PM
if you're going to create a guide post new info v.v

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-10-12 21:14, DurakkenX wrote:
if you're going to create a guide post new info v.v

Why don't you stop complaining and make a helpful guide, yourself? I don't see you doing anything to help the community. -.-

Not everyone knows all this information.

But thanks for caring! ;D

EC_Subbie
Oct 12, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm a PSU noob, so thanks I found this helpful.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-10-12 21:24, EC_Subbie wrote:
I'm a PSU noob, so thanks I found this helpful.

Omg, thank you!
Some positive feedback..
Glad I Could help... looking forward to seing you in-game.

DurakkenX
Oct 13, 2006, 12:04 AM
appearantly it's impossable for people to use stickies to.

Slitz
Oct 13, 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah... sadly.
I guess I have to ask a mod, or something.
I don't know lol, I'll look into it, later.