PDA

View Full Version : PSU Ver. 1.0009.2

uhawww
Oct 13, 2006, 10:53 AM
The update is live.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=116

Maintenance on the servers has ended.
Below are details highlighting changes to the game.
After the patch update, PSU should list on the title screen as Ver. 1.0009.2

-Mission and update information that was detailed in the last announcement were implemented.

(Fixes and Changes)

-Added World Name view to Network Mode Character Selection Screen. This may be toggled with L3 (PS2), Ctrl key (PC), or Button 8 (PC Gamepad) by default.
-Added S rank variants to Guardians' Colony "Communications Thoroughfare" and "Retake the Plant" missions
-The last input entry used in a shop search will be saved in the field the next time you search again
-If the same text is searched for again, the search will be modified accordingly
-Inventory shown when Depositing items in either the unified storage space or with your Partner Machinery will be indicated jointly, showing number of items from each.
-Fixed issue with recipie requirements for item synthesis boards requiring "Kubara Wood"
-Fixed issue with the timing of successful attacks for female characters
-Fixed issue where PM ATP value was able to exceed 100 in certain situations. Any PMs whose ATP previously exceeded 100 wil be reduced to 100.
-Fixed issue with PM graphical detail when "Frame Skip" is active.
-Fixed issue where characters with "Invincible" Nanoblast would still receive damage in certain situations.
-Fixed issue where the menu for the Dressing Room was not shown properly
-Partner Machine's name is now displayed properly when not in a combat area. Previously, when in the city or lobby with a PM in your party, the name would be displayed as "Pete"
-Fixed issue where players who are not Party Leaders were not properly blocked from adding Partner Characters (NPCs/PMs)
-Fixed issue where when fighting "Grina Beat" the Machine Gun sound effect would not stop.
-Fixed issue where some monsters were no longer set to drop Monster Parts for synthesis
-Other backend issues were tended to

(Game Balance)

-Changed the success rate of Status effect shots from Ranger Type characters
-Adjusted PP recovery speed for gun type weapons for Ranger type characters
-Adjusted use and output parameters for Photon Arts
-Adjusted difficulty of Bosses
-Adjusted Parter Character (NPC/PM) combat AI
-Other game parameters were adjusted

(PM Device ZERO)

-Added PM Device ZERO to Room Goods shop
-By using this item, all stats for you PM will be reset to 0, and it will revert to GH101 PM type
-Using a PM Device ZERO will not affect any items deposited or synthesis boards entered, however changing using it in the midst of synthesizing may reduce the success rate.

foamcup
Oct 13, 2006, 10:58 AM
Nice.

Lovejuice
Oct 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
So, is this a Ranger nerf or a buff? Or just a new official statement regarding the previous Ranger (well, the status effect edit at least) changes? I can't get in to test it, curse you mister error 51. The shop search fix is a welcome quality of life change!

Here's hoping the bosses have been made more difficult, teehee.

EDIT: And incase anyone is curious, the additional classes have not been added to extra mode, which is still at version 1.0004.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-13 09:09 ]</font>

uhawww
Oct 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
OMG My PM is aggressive as hell now ...

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 11:10 AM
One question. How do you get PM to join in missions?

uhawww
Oct 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
Once you have their card:

Community > Party > Party Invitation > Select it's card it gave you. It's usually up top with the NPCs

donkeybeatz
Oct 13, 2006, 11:16 AM
man the new weapons cost an arm and a leg =(

Lovejuice
Oct 13, 2006, 11:30 AM
Just quickly checked G.R.M., and elemental bullet disks are in the stores ready for the new ranged weapon types.

Disks for Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde and Gidiga also appear to be available.

Drown
Oct 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, looks great. Nice to finally have the partner zero option opened up.

Tycho
Oct 13, 2006, 11:39 AM
So many bug fixes? Decent support.

Drown
Oct 13, 2006, 11:40 AM
Sonic Team cares... [whipes tear from eye].

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-10-13 09:12, uhawww wrote:
Once you have their card:

Community > Party > Party Invitation > Select it's card it gave you. It's usually up top with the NPCs

I can't seem to select that option http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Are there any pre-requisites for that besides getting your PM to turn into a lolibot?

AngelLight
Oct 13, 2006, 12:27 PM
Looks like they nerfed Beasts a bit on the invincible nanoblasts T_T

But yeah, on the issues of the ranger changes, any confirmation on if it was a buff or nerf?

Saphion
Oct 13, 2006, 12:31 PM
They seemed to have patched in some official sort of anisotropic filtering as well. If you deactivate it from your graphic card control panel it'll kick in.

It doesn't look as nice as the graphic card version, but it gets rid of that annoying shimmer on some levels as well as increase game speed DRAMATICALLY.

Hurrah!

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-10-13 10:27, AngelLight wrote:

But yeah, on the issues of the ranger changes, any confirmation on if it was a buff or nerf?

The rangers have definitely been buffed. My dual beat guns are now consuming only 8 PP instead of 10 per shot and it regenerates at 12 PP every 2 seconds instead of 11 every 3. The increased chances of inflicting status on monsters was helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-13 10:33 ]</font>

BluCast20xx
Oct 13, 2006, 12:37 PM
it seems that wehave seen the truth...and i lokk forward to shooting with my rifle....45% downloaded.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 13, 2006, 12:51 PM
Wow I can't believe that as a Fighgunner I'm actually using my damn guns!

Most reluctant RA I was, and I enjoyed it so much, despite being a bit crap. And now I'm not crap at all, what a nice class this is!

Drown
Oct 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
Yes, game balance makes everyone happy.

fireant
Oct 13, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-10-13 10:33, SoujiSeta wrote:

The rangers have definitely been buffed. My dual beat guns are now consuming only 8 PP instead of 10 per shot and it regenerates at 12 PP every 2 seconds instead of 11 every 3. The increased chances of inflicting status on monsters was helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-13 10:33 ]</font>

Thank god http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Oct 13, 2006, 04:40 PM

-Fixed issue where characters with "Invincible" Nanoblast would still receive damage in certain situations.

and this is a nerf why?

Saphion
Oct 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
All we need now is some sort of anti-aliasing, and my life will be complete.

Kyuu
Oct 13, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:57, Saphion wrote:

All we need now is some sort of anti-aliasing, and my life will be complete.
QFT.

Can anyone else confirm that there's some in-game anisotropic filtering now? If so, and if it looks decent enough, it would definitely be worth turning off the forced AF for increased performance.

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
It's a mip-mapping filter. It blurs textures based on distance, which has almost completely eliminated texture shimmer in the game. It definitely makes the game look a lot better than it did, though 16x anisotropic filtering blows mip-mapping away.

For the record, the rendering engine seems to be improved, mip-mapping aside. I tested and ran 60 FPS at 1280x1024 better than I did prior to this update, though I still drop frames here and there. I'm going to conduct more testing and will post results later.

Saphion
Oct 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
Weird thing is, when I have graphic card-based anisotropic filtering on now, it looks wonky whereas before it was the other way around.

I much preferred the graphic card's anisotropic filtering visually, but with the built-in one I don't suffer at the hands of the crippling slowdown in Mizuraki C.D anymore (hurrah!).

Also, and quite oddly, offline mode is untouched and exactly the same as it was before.

Saphion
Oct 13, 2006, 06:04 PM
Well, in that case...

hurrah for mip-mapping! (And why the heck didn't they support it in the first place?)

Kyuu
Oct 13, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-10-13 16:03, Parn wrote:

It's a mip-mapping filter. It blurs textures based on distance, which has almost completely eliminated texture shimmer in the game. It definitely makes the game look a lot better than it did, though 16x anisotropic filtering blows mip-mapping away.

For the record, the rendering engine seems to be improved, mip-mapping aside. I tested and ran 60 FPS at 1280x1024 better than I did prior to this update, though I still drop frames here and there. I'm going to conduct more testing and will post results later.
Please do... definitely interested in this.

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
Alright, here's what I've got.

The game's framerate is definitely above what it used to be, as I used the same methods of inducing slowdown that I did in the past, and I managed to maintain 60 FPS in some spots that I used to drop down to the low 50s, and areas that dropped me down to 30 were around 40-45 instead. Using the sad/smirk face on the 4th floor looking down at the 1st floor of the Guardian's Colony used to make me lose frames, but that's no longer the case after this latest patch.

Windowed mode seems to render the graphics better than fullscreen mode. I don't know why this is the case, but that's just the way it is. Windowed mode is more convenient in almost all cases anyways, so heh... Your mileage may vary. The funny thing about running 1280x1024 windowed mode on my 1280x1024 LCD monitor is that it resizes the game window to fit, and so it ends up displaying a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is what most people see on their own screens. Heh.

As far as graphical quality goes, I can maintain a solid 30 FPS with 16x anisotropic filtering, and as nice as mip-mapping is, it just doesn't compare, and so I'm sticking with my frameskip set to 1 and 16x anisotropic filtering on.

Saphion
Oct 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
Hoorah! Thanks, Parn.

Now, fingers crossed we get anti-aliasing in the next patch...

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 08:26 PM
And an auto-frameskip setting...

uhawww
Oct 13, 2006, 08:29 PM
You know, out on the battlefield, the first thing I asked myself after the patch was, "Is this game running faster than normal?"
I'm gonna go retweak my settings...

kyori
Oct 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hrm, how do you enable mipmapping?

Ether
Oct 13, 2006, 10:02 PM
God I wish they would just add autoframe skip already, I can get about 27 FPS in Mizuraki Preserve running at 1024 res, just annoying enough to be unplayable, but it is better than before

kyori
Oct 13, 2006, 10:48 PM
Im gonna guess this only matters for nividia cards D:

LeMan_Bayon
Oct 13, 2006, 10:51 PM
Disks for Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde and Gidiga also appear to be available.

out of curiosity...was Giresta included?

TwilightSea
Oct 13, 2006, 11:56 PM
Alright. I'm glad they buffed up Rangers before the US release of PSU. ^_^.