PDA

View Full Version : What types of error messages are you getting on the Beta Ver

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 01:34 PM
I can't believe it, i've been trying get online since 1pm (i live in the UK), and it's now 7:30pm and STILL have never once managed to get on. WTF is going on!??

The error message i am getting is "Could not connect to Phantasy Sar Universe Server. The server may be undergoing maintenance".

To me this seems like i am not even connecting to a server as that's the only error i ever get, unlike the numerous others that other people have been getting which then at least shows you are talking to the server.

Im so so angry with Sega.

Kendei
Oct 13, 2006, 01:37 PM
I've been doing it too, and this has been my error message. I may redownload the game =

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
i wouldn't do that, as you would probably struggle to download it now, especially as it's evening or if people are coming home from work or school, the times will be so much slower..

wtfKoaLa
Oct 13, 2006, 03:36 PM
so im just wondering if this is the same error all of the other people are getting who cant connect. it doesnt say the server is full, it just says, cannot connect to psu server, it may be under maintenance, please check the homepage. i have checked these forums and the psu ones, i do see that a lot of people cannot connect, but i havent seen anyone quote this error message. any info would be appreciated. thanks

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 03:37 PM
Hi sorry to disturb you again guys, but i've been trying for like 8 hours now and still can't get in. Im so so upset as i am absolutely dying to see this and i've been waiting for this moment for so long http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif does anybody know why i am getting this particular error message!??

Thanks so much,
Danny

RoboSel
Oct 13, 2006, 03:55 PM
It's bull shit. I've been trying for ages and my mate who im chatting to online as got straight in first time!

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 05:31 PM
not even once in over a million tries in 9 hours since i downloaded it.. pretty shocking, i can't believe what im seeing...

Trencher
Oct 13, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yup i'm having the same problem, its gotta be something to do with our routers or internet...

Kyuu
Oct 13, 2006, 05:41 PM
Keep in mind, Sega is limiting the amount of people who can be online at one time for the XBL demo, so that may be why you're unable to get online. It could also be some problem with your router blocking needed ports or some such, though if there were ports that needed to be forwarded you'd think they'd mention it.

Farrmark
Oct 13, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-10-13 13:37, HedKandi wrote:
Hi sorry to disturb you again guys, but i've been trying for like 8 hours now and still can't get in. Im so so upset as i am absolutely dying to see this and i've been waiting for this moment for so long http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif does anybody know why i am getting this particular error message!??

Thanks so much,
Danny

Exactly what happened to me mate, I had to end the convo aas he was gloating about it...

Plus he hates games like this too

Danger_Girl
Oct 13, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm in the same boat unfortuantly. This was posted by a moderator on the official Sega forums in regards to the difficulties people like us have been having:

"Hey there! With the launch of the PSU beta, a number of users are running into difficulties getting online or getting past errors. The purpose of this thread is to get you past that so you can enjoy the online world of the PSU Beta!

First, make sure you read the following:

1: Check and make sure that your HD has enough space for the Demo.
2: The servers are under a lot of strain due to all the players logging in at once. If you can't log in, instead of hitting retry, exit out and start over again completely. Posts thus far from users seem to indicate that this method will get you online much faster than hitting retry constantly. If nothing else, try disconnecting completely and then giving it another go.

If you were Disconnected during the tutorial and need to restart:

hypnosomnus wrote:
Ok i answered my question.. to replay the tutorial go to your Partner Machinery and talk to him.. then click on "P Machinery Function".. then click on "Talk".. hit the A button then there is the option to "Play tutorial"

Some quick Q&A's:

I: Is my location the reason for the error?

No, location does not seem to be the issue. We believe it's just the stress on the servers themselves.

II: Then is it my ISP that's causing the error?

All feedback thus far indicates that your ISP has nothing to do with it. No worries there.

III: So why can't I log in? I want my PSU fix now!

Currently, we believe that server stress is the reason that some people can log in and that others cannot. Please be patient! We understand completely that users are anxious and want to play. If you are getting frustrated or cannot log in after long periods of attempts, take a break for a while and come back to try again a little while later in the day."

http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=313

The problem is I finished downloading about 6AM CST and haven't been able to log on all day after countless attempts. My friend dragged his lazy ass out of bed around noon, downloaded, and made it on with his first attempt. He can log on without any issues at all. I've tested my network settings and have no issues there, and my NAT is set to open. Also, I'm not going through a router. I've exhausted everything I can think of on my end, so I'm left chalking it up to Friday the 13th. Anyway, I'm not going to let myself get upset over it. I'll be happy if I can give it a shot sometime before the BETA ends on the 18th. For now I'll just drink lots of beer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2006-10-13 15:56 ]</font>

Bleemo
Oct 13, 2006, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure why this would be happening to those who are unable to connect.

I have no solution, I can only give my condolences.

I honestly hope that your issues will be fixed SOON. After all of the mess MS and ST put us through promising a week long beta, you deserve to play as much as they will allow at the very least.

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Bleemo, but to be honest, i am absolutely disgusted and very annoyed with this. You won't find a bigger PSO fan than me, i started playing PSO since the early Dreamcast days, one of the first infact, and stayed right through to the end, then went into GC for a while before finally moving over to Xbox (in which i still play intently). So you are talking about what 5 years worth of PSO experience here, and it just happens to be my favourite game of all time. I have spent literally a million hours on this game (spanning across the 3 platforms).l I have been wating for a true sequel to this ever since the annoucement of the abysmal PSO III on GC, and now there was a chance to finally taste a little bit of it, i can't even be granted this small chance. To say i am devastated and very angry is an understatement.

tonberrylord
Oct 13, 2006, 08:38 PM
been trying all day and still can't even connect says server has interrupted or something of the nature talk about full servers but this imo is a joke if I can't even get in -_-

Ein
Oct 13, 2006, 10:54 PM
According to the others, just keep trying and somehow you will pass the login stage

hope that helps

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/gaoxingnan/sagi_0OFsZyrL00hM.jpg

Natrokos
Oct 13, 2006, 11:07 PM
I tried literally non-stop for 45minutes....Gave up now im checking once every 15

Trencher
Oct 14, 2006, 12:18 AM
Ya, its bullshit that you keep trying... It either works or it doesnt

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 04:19 AM
Looks like i will never get on, nearly 24 hours later and i've not even got on once yet. I think i must have something to do with my service provider, i'm in the UK and my provider is NTL.

Miphesto
Oct 14, 2006, 04:33 AM
none....lol

Snaggletooth
Oct 14, 2006, 04:41 AM
I wonder if it's a small problem like having 50Htz set on the console instead of 60 Htz. The original PSO had different servers back in the day for peeps with 50Htz TV's. Probably not though seeing as so many people are affected.

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 04:45 AM
na its already set to 60hz and also 1080i as i have an LCD screen..

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
Hey ya again guys,

Well, it's been over 26 hours now and not able to get on once. Such a shame as i was really looking foward to this, but such as life !! Well done to those who have been able to have a taster of this amazing game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My only concern now is if i am actually able to play the real game or if this issue regarding the server undergoing maintenance message will be a typical message you get with various internet service providers.

I know that i get the above message when trying to connect to the original PSO, but then i try it a 2nd time and it lets me in.

I think it's NTL's problem, and i can't see Sega caring too much about this! Ho hum !!!

Danny.

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 09:31 AM
Oh just to add, how can i let Sega or Microsoft Europe/UK of this problem!? I think they require to patch something to allow the NTL service provider to accept the connection to the server.

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 10:24 AM
No its an NTL Issue mate. Theres a BIG thing about it on the official PSU boards

http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=519

hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 10:25 AM
http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=487

there as well

shatty
Oct 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
I downloaded this and keep getting the message that could not connect to the phantasy star online server, server may be recieving maitenance, yet my friend is online playing at this moment. Anyone know what I can do about this.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
Keep trying.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
it's probably becuase the servers are full,

im'a gettin' the same message my friend!

shatty
Oct 14, 2006, 12:37 PM
this is so frustrating

CrazySwayzee
Oct 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
try this link: http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=487

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
BUMP - its important

shatty
Oct 14, 2006, 12:58 PM
I can connect to xbox live and everything, but it just says i cant connect to this server.

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
im ever so sorry can i trouble you to copy and paste whatever that thread says into here because i cant see that forum, i cant connect to it for some strange reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so if someone could be kind enough to copy the important bits of the thread.. thanks so much

shatty
Oct 14, 2006, 01:15 PM
well i deleted it and am trying to downlad it again to see if anything in that process went wrong

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 01:20 PM
Firudsu:

ok i dont know if people know this or whatever but with the amount of people still not getting on and people getting more angry

i have found a soloution

now it seems IT IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH UR DNS as people have been saying

it seems NTL SOMETIMES GIVE OUT OLD OUT OF DATE DNS

for people who can not connect like before maunal input your settings into xbox live

to get ur settings without phoneing ur isp up

ON YOUR PC TYPE

cmd
then type
ipconfig/all

that should give u all ur settings

input those into xbox

now when it comes to setting your DNS

go to this site

http://www.opennic.unrated.net/public_servers.html

and scroll down to tier 2 pick anytwo DNS from that list

input those into your xbox

and then woot you should be able to play

give feedback please if it worked for you or not

i got on first time after hours of trying

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 01:21 PM
id be on fire with anger hope PS2/PC ver works better

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:43, CrazySwayzee wrote:
try this link: http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=487

I suggest giving that a shot too.

It worked for a few individuals on our boards.

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
he cant get on the sega website.....if you read.

Byes off for a shower

theShoal
Oct 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
I've played plenty, without encountering any type of error messages. I logged out once, then tried to log back in and then I recieved the error message, but after a few more tries I was in again. Don't know what to say.

HedKandi
Oct 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
ok this method sort of works.. i was able to get in but i get dcd's after 5 mins, the DNS's are very unstable. we need to find some very stable DNS's and it should be OK.. atm i am using 63.226.12.96 & 67.102.133.222 they get me in, but i get dcd soon after.. at least ive seen the game.. ive just gotta find better DNS's

shatty
Oct 15, 2006, 01:46 PM
This doesnt seem to be working for me, this sucks.

shatty
Oct 15, 2006, 04:24 PM
Bump for any help

HedKandi
Oct 15, 2006, 04:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif what sort of error message are you getting! ??

shatty
Oct 15, 2006, 05:00 PM
That i can not connect because it may be experiencing server maitenance, ive tried all these dns server fixes but its still messed up.

shatty
Oct 16, 2006, 10:53 AM
well I found my problem to be that I have a dell router, and it overrides the dns server on my xbox to make it the address of my router. YAY DELL.