PDA

View Full Version : Tip on character choice based on PSO character?

TurboFool
Oct 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
All right, I'm a long-time PSO fan, although never got as hardcore as some. My character of choice was a HUnewearl, using primarily close-combat/melee techniques. I like being in the thick of things and doing heavy amounts of damage, but I liked her flexibility to still be able to cast most techs.

What character/class combo would most closely approximate this character and play style that I'm used to in PSU? I'm playing the beta now, and I plan to experiment with my four slots, particularly checking out the new beast characters, but I'm still looking for some advice from the more hardcore PSO-lovers out there who might already have some good insight into this.

I like having a female character, so I'd lean toward this, but overall, again, priorities are mostly close combat (although with the dual weilding and multiple weapon slots I'd like to be able to switch to a ranged weapon at times, as I find this very useful), with the luxury of whatever they're calling the tech moves now, mainly for doing long-distance and/or multiple enemy damage, and also healing and stat boosts and such.

Thanks!

Mitz
Oct 13, 2006, 01:47 PM
Pick a newearl, simple as that.

TurboFool
Oct 13, 2006, 01:49 PM
Newman, you mean?

And what class would put me most comparable? Hunter? Am I cut off from techs by being that class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TurboFool on 2006-10-13 11:52 ]</font>

Axios-
Oct 13, 2006, 01:56 PM
You'd probably want to go as a Hunter, and for your expert class go with Wartecher to add the techs into your melee abilities.

TurboFool
Oct 13, 2006, 01:57 PM
I assume I don't have any tech abilities until I unlock the expert classes? And, if so, at what class level (I know that's different from character level) do I unlock those at?

Axios-
Oct 13, 2006, 02:07 PM
Wartecher - This type combines the abilities of a force with a hunter. While using mainly techniques, a wartecher is also able to battle with melee weaponry. According the the info they seem to be use melee more than tech since their skills level is said to go to 20 while their tech can only go to 10*. But can only use S wands.
Hunter Level 3 and Force Level 5 to unlock.*

Quoted from this thread. (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121176&forum=20&23)

However, Lyrise said in this thread (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121210&forum=20&19) that both their melee skills and techs can go up to 20 while their bullets go up to 10. I just want some confirmation on which is right. Either way, it looks like Wartecher is for you.

AngelLight
Oct 13, 2006, 02:07 PM
Hunters as a basic class do not have techs in online mode. Wartechers require a minimum class level of 3 hunter and 5 force.....though most ppl who have tried it tend to feel that they play more like a FOmar then a HUneweal.

All of this info is on PSUpedia in case you're interested.

Caukin
Oct 13, 2006, 02:15 PM
Can some explain what this "Expert class" is. Ive heard it said before but havent seen any harcore info on it. I though there were only the Ranger, hunter, Force jobs.

TurboFool
Oct 13, 2006, 02:20 PM
Caukin, after you've acheived a certain level of class (your class levels up separate from your character) you unlock expert classes that get added on to your basic class. At leas that's what I've gathered.

Caukin
Oct 13, 2006, 02:24 PM
wow now im super confused. So how mayn things are lvling up here! lol

TurboFool
Oct 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
A lot. It's PSO on crack AND steroids. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif