PDA

View Full Version : PC Worries

Xeraphim
Oct 13, 2006, 02:17 PM
Well, the question on my mind has been if my computer will be able to run it. From reading negative reports about the Ps2 version, I won't bother with it. I don't own an Xbox 360, and I'm not buying a completly new system for a single game (even if it is PSU.)

I recently installed the original Halo to play out of boredom. The slowdown when you get around multiple enemies is pretty bad, so I assume I need a new graphics card. My current one is an Nvidia GeforceX 5200. I've asked about this in the thread for computers, and I've been told I won't be able to run it very well. I'd like a mass of opinions if I could get them on video cards that won't completly empty my wallet. Any assistance would be appreciated. =)

ShurikenShino
Oct 13, 2006, 02:20 PM
first off, halo for pc is bad as it's laggy for most people lol also I think i have your graphics card.. or maybe the one above it im not sure, anyway I can play psu jap so I dont see why you shouldnt be able to!

Pure-chan
Oct 13, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:17, Xeraphim wrote:
Well, the question on my mind has been if my computer will be able to run it. From reading negative reports about the Ps2 version, I won't bother with it. I don't own an Xbox 360, and I'm not buying a completly new system for a single game (even if it is PSU.)

I recently installed the original Halo to play out of boredom. The slowdown when you get around multiple enemies is pretty bad, so I assume I need a new graphics card. My current one is an Nvidia GeforceX 5200. I've asked about this in the thread for computers, and I've been told I won't be able to run it very well. I'd like a mass of opinions if I could get them on video cards that won't completly empty my wallet. Any assistance would be appreciated. =)

Hopefully you can play without a hardware upgrade. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif How often do you update your drivers?

solidsolo
Oct 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:17, Xeraphim wrote:

the 5200 is gonna give you problems. If i remember correctly that card doesn't even have a fan on it. (might be wrong) I had a friend that had that card and could barely play any games with out that choppy video lag

Xeraphim
Oct 13, 2006, 03:59 PM
Updating my drivers? I dunno what that means... Heheh.

As for playing games, I can play alot of games without the slowdown. World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 11 Online, the Sims 2...

Banert
Oct 13, 2006, 04:39 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Xeraphim. I too have a 5200 so I have some worries, but I beleive the requirements for PSU are a series 4 video card for minimum, so the 5200 should cut it on low-medium, but that's just my guessing.

As for drivers, heres a link for the latest for the 5200
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-10-13 14:43 ]</font>

Xeraphim
Oct 13, 2006, 07:42 PM
So what I should do is download these? But yeah, if I'm supposed to keep these updated, then I haven't. This computer is fairly old, but it's worked fine. Custom built, so I'll just buy updates and such for it when the time comes when I really need it. As long as I can run PSU, I'll be happy. After all the beef the Ps2 version is getting, I threw out that option.

If all else fails, we can play together in a crappy format. We can share the lag and framerate problems. Hahaha.