PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Beta a Joke

happy_peanut
Oct 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah players test the game LOL to bad over half cant connect lol if this how the Online game is going to be this just crushed it even more LOL I dislike the fact you have to fight to get connection

mogshaz
Oct 13, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:38, happy_peanut wrote:
Yeah players test the game LOL to bad over half cant connect lol if this how the Online game is going to be this just crushed it even more LOL I dislike the fact you have to fight to get connection

Its a very Darwinian approach to server caps. you have to see how cutting edge and fashionable this will become years later.

Flamingo99
Oct 13, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:40, mogshaz wrote:

Its a very Darwinian approach to server caps. you have to see how cutting edge and fashionable this will become years later.

..... what does Charles Darwin's theory of evolution have to do with this.... I'm not trying to be a jerk by the way. I just don't get it.

vg_geek86
Oct 13, 2006, 02:42 PM
Over half? Or are you just saying that because you and a FEW others here cant and your upset <_<;;

vg_geek86
Oct 13, 2006, 02:45 PM
Hes not talking about evolution lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-10-13 12:47 ]</font>

Mazoku
Oct 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
Consider yourself lucky, I can't even download the damn beta.

Kyunji
Oct 13, 2006, 02:56 PM
Keep in mind that this isn't even a beta. Regardless of what Sega claims it is, this is just a demo. "Beta" implies that the game is unfinished or being tested, neither of which are true. The only purpose to this is to attempt to generate more excitement over the game and possibly decide whether or not to buy a few more servers (which it's probably too late for anyways) by letting people play the final game (with, of course, a few key features locked).

At this rate, it looks like the game might be more of a success than I thought it would, given that the servers seem to be jammed full, and this consists only of Xbox 360 owners with Xbox Live Gold. Either the game is going to be very, very popular, or Sega thought that only a hundred people would be downloading the game. Given Sega's track record, I'm guessing the latter, but we'll find out soon enough, hopefully.

happy_peanut
Oct 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
I see Large Que lines on The game and Yes I am mad because more then just me cant connect LOL if they cant support players on their servers Hmm makes me wonder how stable the games gonna be n how long the wait lines are gonna be lmao

shellshock458
Oct 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
you guys are lucky, when i tried to check for the beta this morning i got the three red rings and now im out a 360:(((((

parabolee
Oct 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah this whole limited people on the server at any given time is stupid! They should be testing with the maximum amount of people as possible, that would help more for the release date when we ALL can get on (hopefully).

Ecstasy
Oct 13, 2006, 04:02 PM
My theory is there is only so many people allowed on at one time. Seeing as there is prob ALOT more people just trying the Beta for something to do then are actually going to buy the game. therefore they don't wan't to stress the servers to much and have something cadistrophic happen right before launch.

watashiwa
Oct 13, 2006, 04:04 PM
I've been able to log in 6 times, even when people have said they can't get on, and I always get in on the first try..

Seems like maybe it's more of a network code problem, maybe?

Seriously, just tried it, got right back on..

Nani-chan
Oct 13, 2006, 04:25 PM
I've noticed about 80% of Beta threads are complaints.

I hope allot of these problems people are having won't appear in the actual release.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 13, 2006, 04:29 PM
well aside from watashiwa taht has no probs i feel sorry for the rest of you must be really sucky to have PSU right their and not be able to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Xx3of19xX
Oct 13, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:02, Ecstasy wrote:
My theory is there is only so many people allowed on at one time. Seeing as there is prob ALOT more people just trying the Beta for something to do then are actually going to buy the game. therefore they don't wan't to stress the servers to much and have something cadistrophic happen right before launch.

The servers aren't even full yet. Last time I checked (about 15 minutes ago, only 1 Universe was completely full, 3 at about 80% and the rest 50%.
It's the login server that can't handle the strain at the moment, but it has gotten MUCH better from just after the release earlier today. Logged in a couple of times last hour (you get disconnected if you idle too much) without any problems.

Natrokos
Oct 13, 2006, 04:51 PM
It's wierd that so many people are having trouble....My 360 glitches ALL THE TIME but so far so good i've downloaded 35%.....Guess i'll see.

Otakugrrl
Oct 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:56, Kyunji wrote:
Keep in mind that this isn't even a beta. Regardless of what Sega claims it is, this is just a demo. "Beta" implies that the game is unfinished or being tested, neither of which are true.

A demo is a finished version of a game and implies a finality to the product, which Sega has not stated is true. A beta is a testing stage of a game. Sega is testing the server load with their beta, hence, this is not a demo.

jnblz316
Oct 13, 2006, 05:26 PM
That's why it's a beta. To see what the issues online are and then fix them. Man people can get so bitchy over the dumbest shit.

tyler2zelda
Oct 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-10-13 13:49, shellshock458 wrote:
you guys are lucky, when i tried to check for the beta this morning i got the three red rings and now im out a 360:(((((

Unplug and replug your power supply. Worked for my brothers old X360.

If you tried that, then I dunno what to say.

PJ
Oct 13, 2006, 05:30 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:02, Ecstasy wrote:
My theory is there is only so many people allowed on at one time.

"Also, due to the test nature of this demo, there will be a limited number of concurrent users who will be allowed to play at any given time"

Front Page

Ryoga4523
Oct 13, 2006, 05:41 PM
I got on no problems this afternoon, it was around 12:45 PM PST, I stayed on and did the first linear line quest by myself. I had gotten the boot too when I was doing the dumb tutorial. After about 30 secs of my tutorial instructor talking I got lagged out. I relogged and started in my room. I wondered about the lobbies with a lot of touch and go lag (manly people skipping everywhere, no one was running smoothly) but once I got into the quest, it was fine.

Ryno
Oct 13, 2006, 05:43 PM
yes the beta is a joke... right now i have 8% DL... and its been 2 hours.....OMG.

Kyunji
Oct 13, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:52, Otakugrrl wrote:

On 2006-10-13 12:56, Kyunji wrote:
Keep in mind that this isn't even a beta. Regardless of what Sega claims it is, this is just a demo. "Beta" implies that the game is unfinished or being tested, neither of which are true.

A demo is a finished version of a game and implies a finality to the product, which Sega has not stated is true. A beta is a testing stage of a game. Sega is testing the server load with their beta, hence, this is not a demo.

The game itself is finished. The server situation is not entirely finalized. Therefore, this is both a demo (people are playing the finished game with certain features locked) and a beta (to test the servers).

Kyuu
Oct 13, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-10-13 15:30, PJ wrote:

"Also, due to the test nature of this demo, there will be a limited number of concurrent users who will be allowed to play at any given time"

Front Page
A lot of people must have selective illiteracy, or they're just too lazy to have actually read about the demo and then go around complaining as though it wasn't spelled out for them...

Yeah, I can understand how frustrating it is. I want to play the game as badly as anyone, and I don't even have the remotest shot of getting into this demo, as I have no access to a 360. But still... you're not paying for it, and it doesn't end until the 18th, so there's still plenty of time to get some early access to PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-13 16:05 ]</font>