PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous lag (can't say ridiculous)

Belts
Oct 13, 2006, 02:49 PM
Is anyone else getting ridiculous lag?

1) Characters skip around, instead of run smoothly.
2) I hit a monster, and a few seconds later they react.
3) When I hit a crate, it doesn't break until about 3 seconds after.

Off-topic: I typed out, in the game, "Is anyone else getting ridiculous lag?" and it came out as, "#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@."

Their chat filtering is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

vg_geek86
Oct 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
Wow, lots of bug reports. Hope this crap gets fixed. Fast.

Zolpner
Oct 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
Two words: It's Beta.

Really alot of these problems comming probably wont be like this for the real thing, they're probably doing it more to test how the servers will run. Remember, noone in NA has paid for anything other than your Gamertags yet. xP

Edit: eh.. appart from Importers~ I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2006-10-13 12:52 ]</font>

KazuKun
Oct 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
That and everyone and their mother is trying to play the beta right now...I think I'll try to stop by a classmate's place later on today to see if I can try it out.

mogshaz
Oct 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-10-13 12:49, Belts wrote:
Is anyone else getting ridiculous lag?

1) Characters skip around, instead of run smoothly.
2) I hit a monster, and a few seconds later they react.
3) When I hit a crate, it doesn't break until about 3 seconds after.

Off-topic: I typed out, in the game, "Is anyone else getting ridiculous lag?" and it came out as, "#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@."

Their chat filtering is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

No, i didn't get lag that vwas too bad but that was at about 10 this morning so something might have changed.

on a side note: their filter also Blocks the words "Balls, Ballz and Douchebag" believe me i tried to say each one.

Rubesahl
Oct 13, 2006, 02:55 PM
Which version are you speaking of? I know the JPN version is really laggy for me O_x; Especially since they added World2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I'm hoping the US version won't suffer from the same thing... Oh well >_>

vg_geek86
Oct 13, 2006, 02:55 PM
You cant say ballz!?
How about assassin?

Zolpner
Oct 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
O_O True, sorry, with all the beta topics I just assumed it was a beta thing.
Maybe JPN version problems have to do abit with ping, and they're prolly still fining it out.

Ryna
Oct 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
I'm getting some bad lag on damage registration. It usually takes a couple of seconds for a Foie blast to register.

Narcotic
Oct 13, 2006, 03:13 PM
Im getting the same problems on US demo, characters seem to skip about instead or run and the attack delay can get bad when Ive got more than 3 people in my party but its just a stress test...

parabolee
Oct 13, 2006, 03:57 PM
I hope your all reporting these bugs.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_beta.php

watashiwa
Oct 13, 2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, damage registration is even worse than the PC import version was.. (Even the Beta version..)

Hopefully they clean it up a little later.

It's not even just damage, it's sometimes using items and stuff too.. you can use a Monomate and have the effects register a few seconds later.. it's really annoying in a heated fight and isn't acceptable.

Natrokos
Oct 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
You can say shoes right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-10-13 14:55 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Oct 13, 2006, 05:00 PM
It is also the first day of the US X360 version... so I guess it is not too bad.

Yachiru
Oct 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
It's the beta, it's not on a CD, so I'm sure when the actual game comes out it'll be gone.

Ryoga4523
Oct 13, 2006, 05:33 PM
It is also the first day of the US X360 version... so I guess it is not too bad.

uhawww
Oct 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
Well, since all combat registrations are done server side, there will naturally be a touch of latency. Playing the JP version (PC), I normally notice a delay on average of about a quarter to a half a second. It takes getting used to, but after a couple of days, the combat will become second nature.
You can most likely categorize any lag over 1 second as abnormal.

kassy
Oct 13, 2006, 06:49 PM
Consider the latency a vast improvement over experiencing damage cancelling.

The servers will probably ping noticeably better when they're in full swing come release.

NiteOwl
Oct 13, 2006, 06:54 PM
I was doing fine with lag all day. Just a minor bit that didn't bother me too much. But once it hit around 4 or 5pm EST, things started to get pretty bad. I figure it's because everyone in the US started getting home from school/work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif