PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new player (X360 Beta)

BadYeti
Oct 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hi all!

I'm having fun with the beta and am exited about getting the game when it comes out.

I do have a few questions, though, and would love a bit of help if anyone's willing to answer.

1. According to another thread I read on this forum, it's supposed to be possible to get a Partner Card for your class NPC (Lou, etc) at the end of the tutorial.

I've finished the tutorial a few times, and although Lou says she is giving me her partner card, it never actually shows up in my list and after the tutorial ends, I'm not able to summon her or use her in any future missions.

What am I doing wrong?

2. What do the mission ranks mean? On most missions I seem to score an "S", on one I scored an "A". Is there a list somewhere of what the rankings are and what they mean?

3. According to the tutorial, the LT button is supposed to be used to bring up a list of trial status information, such as the list of objectives and criteria for rankings. So far, I've only been able to bring this up once per mission and I haven't found any criteria list or specific objectives. It just seems to be a one or two sentence briefing on the mission and seems to be only something you can bring up at the very beginning of the mission.

Am I missing something?

4. About half of the other players I see in the lobby have a black icon next to their name. Does anyone know what this is? I was speculating that maybe it meant they were looking for a group, were in a group, were a leader of a group or were in a locked group. But I really don't know.

5. I've been in a few groups so far, but no one has said anything or responded to me when I spoke. Given that everyone in the beta has to have a Gold account (and therefore have voice chat capability), I'm assuming voice chat isn't working for me.

Is there anything you have to do in-game to enable voice chat? Any way to test that it's working?

I can see a little white microphone icon next to my character information. If I unplug my mic, the icon gets a little circle/slash through it. But talking into the mic doesn't make the icon light up or anything.

Thanks much for any help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BadYeti on 2006-10-13 13:50 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Oct 13, 2006, 04:11 PM
2) Mission rank is basically how well you did the mission (based upon Number of enemies killed/total and deaths) The better the rank, the more meseta/mission points you get

4) That symbol means they are in a party

5) I've noticed that a good deal of the players online do not have a microphone. Note that voice chat only works with your party. You do not need to do anything to enable voice chat.

MXdude
Oct 13, 2006, 04:15 PM
How do you start a mission? I cant find it and the tutorial keeps freezing on me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Caukin
Oct 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
Same with me... Id like t know

MXdude
Oct 13, 2006, 04:21 PM
gah! these controls are sooo hard to use!

What does an icon that says "LT" near your health bar mean? it just poped up and idk how to click it or anything.....ugh i want pso! lol

Skyly
Oct 13, 2006, 06:08 PM
ive figured some ish out
after finally doing the tutorial, the LT button when u hold it and press right on the D-Pad; this lets you accept partner cards, join parties, etc. learn this and use it

you cant star missiong on the 4th floor on the right side, dont know the exact name of it.

hope this helps