PDA

View Full Version : Most people getting on, no problem.

PhilipVanLuke
Oct 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
Looks like most people are able to get online no problem, these people claiming half the people cant get on are just freaking out. im sure there are 100's if not 1,000's of people that have been waiting to play this beta, if half the people trying to play couldnt, these boards would be on fire.

I am at work right now, so I cant play. but i have been browsing various message boards including the official site, gamefaqs, pso-world and xbox.com, each of them have only a few people complaining about not being able to log onto the game,

not to mention, that across the diffrent boards, there is a good chance that its the some of the same people are posting on multiple boards looking for resolutions to their problem, which makes the actual number of people potentially even less.

my first topic here had like 260 replies and 1,000s of views in just one day, that means there are 1,000s of people visiting these boards throughout the course of any given day, if even 100 of these people couldnt connect there would be topics going crazy on here, and other msg boards. but they are all the same, a few posts, a few visits. nothing major.

The beta is working fine for most people, to those that are having problems just keep trying, good luck, and ill see you all on PSU tonight!

I made my beta character this morning, name: Vanluke Fonewearl Lv1. see you guys tonight.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 13, 2006, 05:08 PM
from what ive been readin looks like like lots of ppl gettin shafted by xbl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Trencher
Oct 13, 2006, 05:12 PM
That doesn't make us ones who can't get on feel any better.

Miang
Oct 13, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:43, PhilipVanLuke wrote:
my first topic here had like 260 replies and 1,000s of views in just one day, that means there are 1,000s of people visiting these boards throughout the course of any given day, if even 100 of these people couldnt connect there would be topics going crazy on here, and other msg boards. but they are all the same, a few posts, a few visits. nothing major.

Right...because everyone on the boards has an 360, XBL and the demo, and everyone not posting doesn't have a problem.

What's annoying is I'm having the same issues I had with the JP "release", and this may as well be the 360 release version. I just http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif the concept of release it now, broken, and fix it later. There's no rule that every online game has to launch with several problems, they're just rushing them to stores too soon.

Z-man
Oct 13, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well, the OP has proven himself to be a complete jackass. No post history yet he come in telling everyone what's what. LOL. I tried to get on for hours today with no luck and I've heard this story from quite a few others as well.

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
most people getting on are they!??? More like most people don't want to send a barrage of hate posts to Sega as to WHY they can't get in...

prismsub5
Oct 13, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-10-13 15:08, CpwninOBrien wrote:
from what ive been readin looks like like lots of ppl gettin shafted by xbl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xbl works perfectly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif, its more the sega servers

BlueInfinity
Oct 13, 2006, 06:49 PM
lol im glad I not hyped to play

Rivercrab
Oct 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-10-13 14:43, PhilipVanLuke wrote:
Looks like most people are able to get online no problem, these people claiming half the people cant get on are just freaking out.

I don't see how talking about problems is freaking out. Are you suggesting they should be in denial of any problem with PSU?

I'm not sure what kind of magical fairy land utopia you come from but here's a news flash: the game's not perfect.

That's why people are using forums. Yes, there's a crapload of the same topic, but no one's making you click on them all. They're validating their problems, and then hopefully sending bug reports to SEGA as well. That's how things get fixed, that's how we move closer to a bug-free game.

DraginHikari
Oct 13, 2006, 06:53 PM
Expect for the fact that alot of people DON'T use the form used to report bugs but insist on bickering about it on forums where nothing ever get accomplished.

Miang
Oct 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-10-13 16:53, DraginHikari wrote:
Expect for the fact that alot of people DON'T use the form used to report bugs but insist on bickering about it on forums where nothing ever get accomplished.

I've made a bug report. A lot of people might not, but that's true with any beta. People are always going to complain about stuff that doesn't work. This may come as a surprise, but almost every forum is full of bickering over everything. If it's not this issue, it's something else. Just roll with it. Bitching about bitching won't make the bitches go away. Beta got 99 problems but a bitch aint one...don't hit me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miang on 2006-10-13 17:10 ]</font>

Farrmark
Oct 13, 2006, 07:06 PM
You realise there are other PSU forums that people are "freaking out" on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

A general poll on the Official Forum shows that 69% of people haven't been able to connect at all, that figure is ridiculous IMO

It's hardly an Open Beta when people can't even get onto the server is it??

CpwninOBrien
Oct 13, 2006, 07:09 PM
sounds like it hardly beta at all lol needs go back to drawing boards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Numnuttz
Oct 13, 2006, 07:11 PM
well sega did say only a certain amount of people could play at a time. im sure some wont be able to get on today but will tomorrow and vice versa

Rivercrab
Oct 13, 2006, 07:13 PM
Maybe we'll get another free month when it comes out like the JP version, that'd work for me...unless they wiped characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Farrmark
Oct 13, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-10-13 17:11, Numnuttz wrote:
well sega did say only a certain amount of people could play at a time. im sure some wont be able to get on today but will tomorrow and vice versa

12 hours I've been trying, you'd think I'd be able to connect at least once during 12 fucking hours!!!

HedKandi
Oct 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
Mate, you using NTL ???

Shadow_Wing
Oct 13, 2006, 08:01 PM
I'm connecting just fine, slightly slow on load times sometimes, but on the most part I'm pretty good connection wise. It's pretty crowded in here ^_^; definately more than I expected.

zemog
Oct 13, 2006, 08:47 PM
I'm not gonna play the xbox version and sadly I have no way to try the beta, but it's quite logical to assume that on day one whey will allow less people on than on day two, and the same for day three, etc. Also it's always possible (perhaps) that they are opening regions to it seperately, which would explain how some can get on, and others have no access for 12 hrs straight.

Keep hope alive everyone. This is one in a list of reasons for which I fully plan on playing the story mode first... to give the game more time to stabalize in it's online form. It's IMPOSSIBLE to release this game without issues on day one. They need to get the game online and to get people logging in to find unexpected problems, and get them fixed.

tonberrylord
Oct 13, 2006, 09:40 PM
I too have not been able to get on all day. To me this seems like a stress test to see how many people the servers can hold just like any other MMO. So when they release the thing there should be a ton of servers or iI should say lobbies. I recall people from WoW when it first came out couldn't even log on for a week until they got more servers up. But darn gone it let me in O_o

missy
Oct 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
Gamertag is shiekfreak.

I have tried for 8 hours to get onto the server. I've power cycled everything off (Xbox 360, Wireless Gaming Adaptor, Router) with no luck. I've switched the Wireless Gaming Adaptor to X or - with nothing changing. I've also deleted the Beta Test off of my Harddrive and redownloaded the Beta Test to get the same screen.

I've been trying to find an answer to this on IGN and the official PSU website (all usernames are pretty much the same). Unable to connect even once. There is a thread on the official website about it as are there some people on IGN who are having the same problem.

If I can't get on by tomorrow, I'm just giving up. It's worthless to try and Beta test something when you can't even connect to it.