PDA

View Full Version : A Word to Voice Chat Users

Bleemo
Oct 13, 2006, 05:36 PM
This isn't a rant, but merely a statement that should be realized by all Xbox 360 PSU players(Beta and release) that use voice chat.

Remember folks, voice chat is optional so please do not rely on it for communicating with other players. When you enter a game, the best thing to do is to greet in chat then talk over mic to see if any other's are using it. If you find a few players that aren't using it, it would be best to ask your important questions using the keyboard chat function.

If no one is using voice chat, they will only be annoyed by your constant asking of, "so lek how do i us monomats" and other miscellaneous questions over voice chat. Because the voice chat will come from their TV speakers, and most of the time when trying to listen to voice chat from that distance will only result in a "arrghppshhh blugargagagarg" sound.

Voice chat is a very nice feature, but again, I will state it is an optional form of communication. Not everyone will be using it.

Thank you.

megamatt
Oct 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
This is a rant. If you are on xbox live and aren't using it you are a retard. It's your option whether or not you are retarded, but if you aren't using one of the features that makes this version superior, you're retarded.

Bleemo
Oct 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-10-13 15:42, megamatt wrote:
This is a rant. If you are on xbox live and aren't using it you are a retard. It's your option whether or not you are retarded, but if you aren't using one of the features that makes this version superior, you're retarded.

Oh.. gawd I can't reply to this gem.

I'm speechless.

Rurisho
Oct 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Good thing you'rer not using Voice chat then. But seriously: Can we use keyboards on the 360 beta?

Kyuu
Oct 13, 2006, 06:11 PM

NO U.

People don't use XBL specifically for voice chat. There are plenty of people who either don't have a head set, or don't want to use it. It's not related to their intelligence in any way. It's simply preference and circumstance. People are perfectly entitled to play their Xbox games online without using voice chat if they so choose.

Bleemo
Oct 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
On 2006-10-13 16:09, Rurisho wrote:
Good thing you'rer not using Voice chat then. But seriously: Can we use keyboards on the 360 beta?

Any USB keyboard will work on the Xbox 360.

And I use voice chat.

Rurisho
Oct 13, 2006, 06:25 PM
Awesome. I only plan to use voice chat as a last resort. IE - "OMG I'M STUCK ARGH STUPID BETA GO ON WITHOUT ME" for example.

DraginHikari
Oct 13, 2006, 07:00 PM

You are what you say in this case.

BlueInfinity
Oct 13, 2006, 07:05 PM

Hey you....yea you! guess what?you sir just lost the internet, have a nice day.

bleyzwun
Oct 14, 2006, 12:21 AM
how the hell does having voicechat make it superior? I've used voicechat plenty of times on the PC and I could've swore PS2 had a headset. Also I would much rather type unless it's completely neccesary for me to use voice. Some people are just annoying as hell...

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:26 AM
It's funny, back then people used to complain about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif and now when voice chat is out, people are complaining that we shouldn't use it at certain times because you dont want to hear "How do i use monomates". So basically you'd rather have text spam than voice spam. Next thing you know, video chat will be out for video games and people will be like "stop showing your face and just use the voice chat, it's less annoying."

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:26, RamenEater wrote:
It's funny, back then people used to complain about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif and now when voice chat is out, people are complaining that we shouldn't use it at certain times because you dont want to hear "How do i use monomates". So basically you'd rather have text spam than voice spam. Next thing you know, video chat will be out for video games and people will be like "stop showing your face and just use the voice chat, it's less annoying."

You... totally missed that entire post, didn't ya?

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-10-13 15:36, Bleemo wrote:
This isn't a rant, but merely a statement that should be realized by all Xbox 360 PSU players(Beta and release) that use voice chat.

Remember folks, voice chat is optional so please do not rely on it for communicating with other players. When you enter a game, the best thing to do is to greet in chat then talk over mic to see if any other's are using it. If you find a few players that aren't using it, it would be best to ask your important questions using the keyboard chat function.

If no one is using voice chat, they will only be annoyed by your constant asking of, "so lek how do i us monomats" and other miscellaneous questions over voice chat. Because the voice chat will come from their TV speakers, and most of the time when trying to listen to voice chat from that distance will only result in a "arrghppshhh blugargagagarg" sound.

Voice chat is a very nice feature, but again, I will state it is an optional form of communication. Not everyone will be using it.

Thank you.

i disagree. i believe that voice chat should be the primary use of communication since its the easiest!
and i noticed that most people are using the voice chat function so majority rules asshole.sorry for the flaming but you deserved it.

Openget
Oct 14, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:32, Animosity wrote:

i disagree. i believe that voice chat should be the primary use of communication since its the easiest!
and i noticed that most people are using the voice chat function so majority rules asshole.sorry for the flaming but you deserved it.

The funny thing is I always see you flaming someone..so you, are in fact, an asshole.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 12:38 AM

So lek, where are you getting these numbers that insist "the majority" are using it? I'm all ears little brotha'.

I could say "no ur rong cuz I think most ppl arnt using it!" but that would be aside from the subject, wouldn't it?

The point is, voice chat in a game like PSU is foreign. There are plenty of individuals who don't want to use it for personal reasons. For that reason, those who want to use it shouldn't expect others to use it as well. Which was the whole point of my post.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:40 AM
This post will be moved out of PSU general forums soon anyway. Might go to Rants index, or FKL who knows. Anyone wanna start betting meseta?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-13 22:41 ]</font>

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 12:42 AM

He wins at life...what can we say..?

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 12:43 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:38, Bleemo wrote:

So lek, where are you getting these numbers that insist "the majority" are using it? I'm all ears little brotha'.

I could say "no ur rong cuz I think most ppl arnt using it!" but that would be aside from the subject, wouldn't it?

The point is, voice chat in a game like PSU is foreign. There are plenty of individuals who don't want to use it for personal reasons. For that reason, those who want to use it shouldn't expect others to use it as well. Which was the whole point of my post.

my numbers are from personel experience. from the 25 people ive played with literally 1 didnt use a mic.
and about the flaming... alot of people deserve it.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 12:45 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:43, Animosity wrote:

my numbers are from personel experience. from the 25 people ive played with literally 1 didnt use a mic.

k and the hundreds of thousands of people I interacted and played with over the course of 8 different mmos, 83 percent of them didnt use voicechat.

Your point?

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:45, Alexandrious1 wrote:

k and the hundreds of thousands of people I interacted and played with over the course of 8 different mmos, 83 percent of them didnt use voicechat.

Your point?

Other MMO's didnt have voice chat.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:47, RamenEater wrote:

Your point?

Other MMO's didnt have voice chat.

Its called Teamspeak, Ventrillo and many other voice chat programs -_-

/brick rameneater

sighs honestly kids today and their xbox 360s...thinking its the only thing with teamspeak. Laughable it really is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 22:50 ]</font>

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 12:49 AM

Your point?

thats becuase in those 8 mmos only 1 probably had the option of voice chat built in the game. bad point.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:50 AM
Dude those things are 3rd party, you have to extra things to use it. PSU has voice chat thats built in.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:51 AM
But still i'm not sayinig that EVERYONE should use it. It's more accesible to people so in theory more people will use it.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:50, RamenEater wrote:
Dude those things are 3rd party, you have to extra things to use it. PSU has voice chat thats built in.

Theirs nothing extra about it. You download it, put in a little info and use. Anyone can do it, anyone can set up a server for it.

Most people choose not to use Teamspeak cuz they dont want to, or they only wish to with friends. If you call people retarded for not using teamspeak, well then my friend your just a noob.

People playing PSU dont come from your Counterstrikes or your Halo2s who all pretty much used teamspeak, you got your PC mmo players as well, who either love or hate to use teamspeak.

So please keep that in mind before you call anyone retarded for not using it. I personally hate it cuz its annoying, I dont even like using it with people I know, the mic-eating, the annoying noises and static and all the other bs it has to offer is just not worth it. Also most players voices are annoying >.>

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:50, RamenEater wrote:

exactly my point.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
When did I ever call you retarded.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:55, RamenEater wrote:
When did I ever call you retarded.

I was referring to the troll below you. Whom also has been flinging insults.

Look if you cant type better then 110 wpm like most players who prefer to type then to using teamspeak, dont knock em, mmkay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 22:58 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:58 AM
Let's just sit back , relax and let my "Xbox 360 PSU , voice chat" poll roll in the numbers.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:58, RamenEater wrote:
Let's just sit back , relax and let my "Xbox 360 PSU , voice chat" poll roll in the numbers.

Wow, making a post out of spite for me! You do realise a poll won't prove anything right bucko'?

Sure people will be interested in Xbox voice chat! Even I am. Simple to use, not too bad of reception, great all around system. That isn't the point though. It's quite obvious my post was toward random groups and other forms of pairing with unfamiliar people. When you encounter those who are expecting you to use voice chat, that's when matters shift. You understand, right?

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:03 AM
K while ya do that ill post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs

one of many reasons why alot of people dont like to use voicechat, less of course your an xbox 360 fan then youll want to use voicechat cuz everyones doing it right? yeeea.

Im so glad the servers are seperated. so so glad.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yes I understand the point, the poll was not to spite you. It's for my own curiosity. But do some people really get mad for you not using voice chat?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-13 23:05 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
Voice chat in any game is a superior method of communication. It's faster, it gives you another method of interaction with players (which is one of the main points of an MMO, social interaction) and it is built in for the Xbox/360. Your looney if you don't use it.

PSU is suppost to be a party based game yes? Well the most sucessful parties in other MMO's use some method of voice chat. Granted you are not required to use it, but it makes life far eaiser for everyone in a party setup.

And on a game system that pretty much has voice chat build in for ALL of it's online games... your pretty much wasting a free resouce ignoring it.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:03, Alexandrious1 wrote:
K while ya do that ill post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs

one of many reasons why alot of people dont like to use voicechat, less of course your an xbox 360 fan then youll want to use voicechat cuz everyones doing it right? yeeea.

Im so glad the servers are seperated. so so glad.

haha, i saw this a long time ago. Hilarious. But don't you have the option of blocking someone's voice feed?

What do people do in RL when you hear something annoying?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-13 23:08 ]</font>

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:03, RamenEater wrote:
Yes I understand the point, the poll was not to spite you. It's for my own curiosity. But do some people really get mad for you not using voice chat?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-13 23:05 ]</font>

Yea people do. I know some hardcore guilds back in EQ2 WoW and FFXI that required you to use voicechat, and to make sure you do use it, the leaders and officers wont type out anything in guild chat, they would only announce in voicechat.

Also read many threads where xbox 360 players threatened to kick and blacklist anyone who wont use voicechat to play. So their ya go sad to say -_-

Yea you should have the option, but then out of spite they may blacklist you kicking ya out of the game if it works that way right?

Regardless. Voicechat really isnt needed for PSU unless they put in some form of C-Mode. Otherwise I only see Voicechat being highly useful in mmorpgs like FFXI and WoW. I recently signed up for a Prelaunch guild for the new Vanguard Saga of Heroes mmo coming out January and they have a voicechat requirement.

I dont blame em, people seem to listen and get off their arse better with someone barking out orders in loud yells. Effective, but it really turns me and many other players off from voice chat, basically only using it during raid time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 23:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 23:11 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:08, Alexandrious1 wrote:

Yea people do. I know some hardcore guilds back in EQ2 WoW and FFXI that required you to use voicechat, and to make sure you do use it, the leaders and officers wont type out anything in guild chat, they would only announce in voicechat.

Also read many threads where xbox 360 players threatened to kick and blacklist anyone who wont use voicechat to play. So their ya go sad to say -_-

Yea you should have the option, but then out of spite they may blacklist you kicking ya out of the game if it works that way right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 23:09 ]</font>

Then I wouldn't even be playing games with those people lol.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:09, RamenEater wrote:

On 2006-10-13 23:08, Alexandrious1 wrote:

Then I wouldn't even be playing games with those people lol.

Well as for what they do in RL. The link I gave you is a good example.

Another is playing Rob Zombie music into the mic.
That weird "Eating the Mic" noise.
Leaving the mic turned on having us hear everything in the background, sometimes a dog barking, other times children screaming.
Heard once some kid crying and screaming in the background getting whipped by his old man apparently.

Static, sharpnoise, chewingbubble gum. Making weird noises, acting retarded, pretty much alot of ridiculous things.

Chuck norris jokes, stuff like that. Honestly if your irresponsible or immature, or worse, both, you shouldnt be using voice chat, people will hate you for it.

Another problem with it is people seem to talk more freely bout things then they would if typing it, I heard some really nasty stuff in some of the hardcore guilds I been. Been in one guild on EQ2 where basically all the members of the guild were male, we had 1 female but thats it, and the conversations I had to hear thru on voicechat was some of the most foulest and profane things youd ever hear.

And it sucks cuz I couldnt go off voicechat because they announced raids and events only thru voicechat, never in normal guild chat.

I just feel uncomfortable using it, even with friends, im sure theirs plenty others who have their reasons for hating VC. Thankfully the Vanguard guild im going into is strict on maturity and decency, so I think I can tolerate VC with them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-13 23:29 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-10-13 15:36, Bleemo wrote:

Thank you.

100% grade A rant. no use argue about this topic. actually i think i wanna argue about it cause my epeen will get bigger. none the less xbox live's heart and soul is voice chat. i played PSOX and i used voice chat in every party i was in. when i didnt feel like talking i just shut it off and made a macro that let every new person in the room that i wasnt using it. and people asking about how to use a monomate, instead getting pissed off why not help them and type it out for them. its your fault your not using a mic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:32 AM
I've only used TS with my LS mates in ffxi. We'd act stupid once in a while , but it was all in good taste and everyone loved going on TS. I guess the "Push to talk" button makes a lot of difference. It filters out alot of those random noises.

WoW from what I hear is filled with brats, and can also be a very very hardcore game. I'd never voice chat with someone thats going to act like an ass, not for a game, not for RL.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:32, RamenEater wrote:
I've only used TS with my LS mates in ffxi. We'd act stupid once in a while , but it was all in good taste and everyone loved going on TS. I guess the "Push to talk" button makes a lot of difference. It filters out alot of those random noises.

WoW from what I hear is filled with brats, and can also be a very very hardcore game. I'd never voice chat with someone thats going to act like an ass, not for a game, not for RL.

Yeah no useless arguements when using voice chat, people tend to shut up cause they cant take the heat from a real arguement lol

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
I think Bleemo gave up on his thread XD. But i see his point now, he really wasn't ranting. Just asking people to understand that not everyone wants to use the voice chat, so don't force other people to voice chat. Guess it just seemed like he was ranting about something.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:32, RamenEater wrote:

Thats the problem, people tend to get too lazy to even use "Push to talk" and use "Voice activation" instead -_-. I really hate that.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:38, RamenEater wrote:
I think Bleemo gave up on his thread XD. But i see his point now, he really wasn't ranting. Just asking people to understand that not everyone wants to use the voice chat, so don't force other people to voice chat. Guess it just seemed like he was ranting about something.

Thank you! That was exactly the point of the post. So that new PSU players can look at it and know not to delve right into the voice chat craze without staying at a cautious distance.

Oh, btw. I didn't really give up on the post, I just had nothing much else to say on the matter. If I continued posting, it would have just been like this:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/exiledajay/1160798123577.jpg

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 01:54 AM
thats a pretty weak reaction in your sig bleemo ._.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 01:56 AM
lol, its amazing. I think this is the only thread i've ever seen on the internet where a flame was started but it was put out. =P

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 01:58 AM
speaking of sigs whoever keeps changing mine is a *exploit deleted*

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:54, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

How is THIS for a reaction!?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/exiledajay/vlcsnap-30714.jpg

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:06 AM
im not saying whoever doesnt use it is an idiot or retarded, im just saying the thought of voice chat not being the primary form of communication on a 360 game is rediculous. you insisted we say hello on text instead but text with out a usb key board is tedious and annoying. more ppl on 360 have a mic then a usb keyboard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animosity on 2006-10-14 00:07 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 02:15 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:02, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-13 23:54, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

How is THIS for a reaction!?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/exiledajay/vlcsnap-30714.jpg

its ok :/ i liked the mugiwara no luffy reaction better lol, only because one piece is my favorite manga/anime

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:17 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:06, Animosity wrote:
im not saying whoever doesnt use it is an idiot or retarded, im just saying the thought of voice chat not being the primary form of communication on a 360 game is rediculous. you insisted we say hello on text instead but text with out a usb key board is tedious and annoying. more ppl on 360 have a mic then a usb keyboard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animosity on 2006-10-14 00:07 ]</font>

If people actually took the time to learn how to type it wouldn't be so tedious. remeber kids: typing isn't hard just remeber the fact that you suck at it. >_>

Symtex360
Oct 14, 2006, 02:18 AM
I tend to stick with people on my friend list. At least now, I don't have to find an empty lobby to be in peace. I think PSU has fixed some of the major annoyance I had with PSOX. : Rare distribution, Group only chat, Server-side character saves.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 02:20 AM
....Does that guy turn super saiyin after eating a danish?

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:17, BlueInfinity wrote:

If people actually took the time to learn how to type it wouldn't be so tedious. remeber kids: typing isn't hard just remeber the fact that you suck at it. >_>

like i said more people on 360 have a mic then a usb keyboard. just look at what im typing. i dont get what your not seeing.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 02:21 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:20, RamenEater wrote:
....Does that guy turn super saiyin after eating a danish?

Yes.

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:20, Animosity wrote:

like i said more people on 360 have a mic then a usb keyboard. just look at what im typing. i dont get what your not seeing.

thus the reason why people who continue to use a mic could sererly lack in typing skills.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
Majorly underated anime: Yakitate Japan
I don't think anyone has even licensed it yet, wish i had a spare couple thousand dollars lieing around ; ;

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
Imagine the internet in 100 years, consisting of only voice feeds. Forums would all be made of voice clips..

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 02:26 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:25, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
Majorly underated anime: Yakitate Japan
I don't think anyone has even licensed it yet, wish i had a spare couple thousand dollars lieing around ; ;

Omg i knew it! It's that bread anime, Ja-PAN! My friend calls me Ken-pan =/

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 02:41 AM
i want a PSU release countdown, send me a link to yours RamenEater Please! my female beast loli will... ill stop here.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 14, 2006, 05:39 AM
I thought you CAN'T use voice chat mainly, since you can only speak when you are in a party. In the lobbies and 'my rooms' you need typeing, and i don't find enough people voice chating to use it really.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:41, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
i want a PSU release countdown, send me a link to yours RamenEater Please! my female beast loli will... ill stop here.

Sent it to your PM.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 11:49 AM
Can you send me one too pl0x? lol

Aberu
Oct 14, 2006, 12:01 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040602h.jpg
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:01, Aberu wrote:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040602h.jpg
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

This post makes the most sense out of all of the posts on this topic.

LOL! 10/10

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:43 PM

qft