PDA

View Full Version : Is there a story plot in the multiplayer version?

Dude1982
Oct 13, 2006, 08:50 PM
So part of what I enjoyed about PSOBB was the story plot. Is there a story plot to the multiplayer version?

Kyunji
Oct 13, 2006, 08:51 PM
Not yet.

Zinger314
Oct 13, 2006, 08:53 PM
Kill things. Isn't that plot enough?

Dude1982
Oct 13, 2006, 08:53 PM
Do you know if there has been any news regarding incorporating a story plot in the future?

Kyunji
Oct 13, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-10-13 18:53, Dude1982 wrote:
Do you know if there has been any news regarding incorporating a story plot in the future?

Presumably, once the Japanese "relaunch" concludes and sometime after the American release. Beyond that, no one really knows.

DraginHikari
Oct 13, 2006, 09:00 PM
The last update in JP was suppose to have the first of what they said is going to be a serious of plot-related missions but I don't know if that got on or not.

Ether
Oct 13, 2006, 09:05 PM
Story mission Episode 2 Chapter 1 is online the japanese version right now, I haven't finished it yet though. You do meet a lot of the NPCs from story mode in it though, I just wish I knew what they were saying

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 09:09 PM
It's online. I'm playing it right now. Or at least was. I don't know why, but the camera panned for a moment during some cutscene stuff, and I'm now staring at some foilage in Mizuraki. My internet's acting flaky right now so it may have been the culprit, but we'll see after I restart the game and try this again. I recall receiving a simple mail at about the same time this happened, but I couldn't check it since the game basically hit some kind of infinite loop.

For the record, the online story mode quest started off with the opening movie, then had the following subtitle: "EP2 Chapter 1 - The Masked Girl". Looks like we'll have a series of these to go through like the offline story mode. I'm all for it!

Edit: Aaaaaand upon trying it again, camera panned, and I'm staring at foilage again. Looks like a bug. Bleh. I'll try again later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-10-13 19:14 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Oct 13, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm all for story based missions though... I just hope for less holes then I recall in the PSO story.

donkeybeatz
Oct 13, 2006, 09:16 PM
Actually I think I was the one that mailed you haha.
Anyway, the quest was pretty interesting. You get the visor thingie (which you will have to use) plus a certain character's partner card.
I'm surprised the visor is still in my inventory.

VanHalen
Oct 13, 2006, 09:16 PM
that sounds so cool i hope the red cast(i forgot his name) is gonna be online i'd love to fight with/ against him

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-10-13 19:16, Dj_D0NK3Y wrote:
Actually I think I was the one that mailed you haha.
I figured it was you, heh.

I can't play the quest though, for some reason. I enter Mizuraki, the beast girl says a few lines, then the camera pans and stops, and nothing happens. Buttons do nothing, can't access my menu, nada. Have to close the game with my task manager to get out. Boooooo.

AnamanaAU
Oct 13, 2006, 09:28 PM
Aren't there single player story missions online or something?

Parn
Oct 13, 2006, 09:30 PM
That's what I'm referring to, actually. It's single player.

A2K
Oct 13, 2006, 09:31 PM
Huh, strange, I got through it entirely just fine, methinks. Although I noticed at the end, after I had died after Ethan kicked my ass (I think he was supposed to, actually) my body was on the floor throughout the rest of the cut scenes. Did they drag me into the room like that or something? Kind of a hilarious little bug, if it is indeed a bug.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-13 19:31 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
Spoilers I just beat it and didn't die at that part, just ran around kept casting resta once i saw my attacks only did 0 damage, eventually everyone started talking mid fight and it ended

Reia's partner card is an awesome prize, way better than stupid Maya

Openget
Oct 13, 2006, 10:16 PM
Lol, how funny to have your char killed by him..XD