PDA

View Full Version : How do I get more Spell?

Ezekiel06
Oct 13, 2006, 10:02 PM
Where do I get the disks from. I don't want to run around with Foi all day.

EspioKaos
Oct 13, 2006, 10:04 PM
Go to the item shop. You can buy new disks there.

Zinger314
Oct 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
Additional Question: How do you get more disks besides those at the store? I want support techniques!

Ether
Oct 13, 2006, 10:15 PM
There aren't any. The techs you see for sale now are the exact ones that were on sale in the japanese version until today, when they added the GI-series. Support techs don't exist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Otis_Kat
Oct 13, 2006, 10:15 PM
You don't, it's beta.

Zinger314
Oct 13, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-10-13 20:15, Ether wrote:
There aren't any. The techs you see for sale now are the exact ones that were on sale in the japanese version until today, when they added the GI-series. Support techs don't exist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Well, that comfirms it. No PSU upon release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(For those who may insult me, it's not only the disappointment for the Forces, but also because of Guild Wars: Nightfall...)

Miyoko
Oct 13, 2006, 11:08 PM
I want to insult you not for the 'no PSU upon release' comment, but for the fact you're getting Nightfall. Guildwars = crap.

You gotta give it time. They'll release the rest of the techs later.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 13, 2006, 11:27 PM
Seriously. If you find these first missions too difficult to do without support technics other than Resta and Reverser (although a Regista would be nice), than you obviously don't have a sense of strategy and planning. I'm level 13 Force on here (name's Diety if you see me on X360, give me a shout) and I rarely have issues keeping people alive through it all, even when I'm running low on PP.

February
Oct 13, 2006, 11:33 PM
More importantly, how do i shot web?

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
Shoot web? What do you mean?

foamcup
Oct 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-10-13 20:39, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2006-10-13 20:15, Ether wrote:

Well, that comfirms it. No PSU upon release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(For those who may insult me, it's not only the disappointment for the Forces, but also because of Guild Wars: Nightfall...)

You're quitting because they don't have all the techs in a fucking beta? Go play your crappy Guild Wars then, you whiny little bitch.

Scrub
Oct 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
They dont have all the techs in the JAPANESE GAME, which I believe, is not quite a beta. ~_o

BlueInfinity
Oct 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
ohh juicy o_0

SpishackCola
Oct 13, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-10-13 21:33, heavenly6 wrote:
More importantly, how do i shot web?

forget shotting web when imma chargin mah lazer.

Sakura123
Oct 14, 2006, 12:38 AM
Wait wait... So, do you mean than in the current original Japanese version Forces only have the first spells? Do you mean that the Gi and Ra line is not available/unlocked yet in the full version of the game Oo? Damn, it must be then way to repetitive to play a force with only the 3 basic elemental spells available...

This saddens me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:33 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:38, Sakura123 wrote:

Do you mean that the Gi and Ra line is not available/unlocked yet in the full version of the game Oo? Damn, it must be then way to repetitive to play a force with only the 3 basic elemental spells available...

This saddens me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
No one ever said that. To my knowledge, there were the basic level techs of fire, ice, lightning, and earth (there's four already), as well as the RA-line of the same, plus some of the DAMU-line perhaps as well (although perhaps I'm thinking of offline for that one). I'm not sure if any of the light or dark spells were in yet.

Zinger314
Oct 14, 2006, 05:41 AM
On 2006-10-13 21:36, foamcup wrote:
You're quitting because they don't have all the techs in a fucking beta? Go play your crappy Guild Wars then, you whiny little bitch.

On 2006-10-13 21:42, Scrub wrote:
They dont have all the techs in the JAPANESE GAME, which I believe, is not quite a beta. ~_o

You are quite a genius, foamcup. You are the reason that I'm a little less fond of PSO, the players are a bit more vocal.

I want support techs because they're different. Spamming FoieFoieFoieFoieFoie can get old. Plus, I feel weeaker. I'm not geting my advertised price as a Force/Fortetecher unless I have support techniques.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2006-10-14 03:57 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 14, 2006, 06:02 AM
If it makes you feel any better, all techs are available offline. And yes, there ARE support techs, just hard to tell when you can't read japanese (and don't play a force), and I believe most of them fall under the light and dark elements.

As for them holding back a lot of stuff, well... I don't exactly like it, either, but it'll be better eventually, don't let that keep you from enjoying it when it comes out.

Jools
Oct 14, 2006, 07:23 AM
Yes, the tech selection is very poor in the full game I'm afraid. I use a force and am very disapointed with the selection. They'll release the rest of the techs at some point, but god knows when. My advice: don't start with a force as your first char, hunter and ranger (especially hunter) have more options available.

Starshape
Oct 14, 2006, 07:31 AM
hmm maybe they haven't released everything because the game hasn't been released in th US and EU yet? Just a theory.. I live in Sweden (yes that's EU (and yes feel sorry for me)). If this is how it is for forced when it's released here, then I'm starting as a hunter.
Btw... does anyone play as a beast? I've heard few people even talking about it.

Funkwell
Oct 14, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-10-13 21:27, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
Seriously. If you find these first missions too difficult to do without support technics other than Resta and Reverser (although a Regista would be nice), than you obviously don't have a sense of strategy and planning. I'm level 13 Force on here (name's Diety if you see me on X360, give me a shout) and I rarely have issues keeping people alive through it all, even when I'm running low on PP.

hey I am a level 11 force and I was wondering what you use to heal your teammates. I have the resta but that only heals myself and doesnt reverser just get rid of any ailments not provide health? if I could heal my teammates as well as myself then my character would be perfect...anyone know? thanks!

Starshape
Oct 14, 2006, 09:47 AM
hey I am a level 11 force and I was wondering what you use to heal your teammates. I have the resta but that only heals myself and doesnt reverser just get rid of any ailments not provide health? if I could heal my teammates as well as myself then my character would be perfect...anyone know? thanks!

haha reverser doesn´t do anything of that.. Reverser does what the name implies.. it Resurrects a teammate.
well if PSU has totally changed that spell..

Funkwell
Oct 14, 2006, 10:38 AM
cool, cool, saw that after, and i also realized that resta heals teammates around you too...awesome

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
I had heard that Gi-tech disks were actually a drop in the new Plant levels prior to the last update... was that merely rumor?

Zinger314
Oct 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-10-14 07:47, Starshape wrote:

haha reverser doesn´t do anything of that.. Reverser does what the name implies.. it Resurrects a teammate.
well if PSU has totally changed that spell..

Reverser has been completely changed. It's the new Anti.

You need to have a certain level in Resta before it heals others. lv. 3, probably.

Starshape
Oct 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
Reverser has been completely changed. It's the new Anti.

You need to have a certain level in Resta before it heals others. lv. 3, probably.

are you trying to be funny? I've heard from several people now that reverser is the same.. Funkwell,among them, said it just two posts ago.

Cross
Oct 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Resta heals other players right from level 1. The range isn't tiny, either; I don't know why anybody would have trouble with it really.

For the record, the Techniques available online (since I don't think anybody's listed them) are:
Foie
RaFoie
Bara
RaBarta
Zonde
RaZonde
Diga
RaDiga
Resta
Reverser*

On the official JP servers, the additional techs are just Gi versions:
GiFoie
GiBarta
GiZonde
GiDiga

'Simple' techs - Foie, Barta, etc - cost 500 meseta. Ra techs cost 1500 meseta. Resta costs 800 meseta, and Regene/Reverser costs 1000 meseta. The Gi techs cost 12000 meseta (:().

* 'Reverser' is the translated name of Regene, which has the effect of Anti from PSO, and cures status ailments. The Resurrection Tech is called GiResta, and isn't available online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-14 10:44 ]</font>

Starshape
Oct 14, 2006, 03:27 PM
yeah just saw that about reverser.. hmm strange that they've changed reverser... but I really like the Antimates instead of Antidotes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
here's a cool site I found about everything... and there's a LOT of techs.. well at least 2x more than I thought there would be!
at least over 30 techs

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page