PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 PSU - Voice Chat , will you be using it?

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:52 AM
Will you be taking advantage of the voice chat system for the Xbox360 PSU?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
nope, wont even be playin x360 PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
Certainly will. Awesome to do with friends.

Random groups and other times, no. I will use my iPod for that.

RamenEater
Oct 14, 2006, 12:59 AM
Yea, too bad voice chat isnt going to be on pc/ps2 =/.

parabolee
Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
HELLS YEAH! playing the beat really reminds why VC is so much better. In fct it gets to the point where having to type in the lobbies is a pain in the ass.

using the cut-in chat for jokes is fun though. playing with voice-chat makes it so much easier than running away from monsters just to say simple things. The shortcuts help a lot but they still distract from the action.

Alexandrious1
Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-10-13 22:59, RamenEater wrote:
Yea, too bad voice chat isnt going to be on pc/ps2 =/.

Unless of course you use teamspeak or ventrillo which again is easy to setup and anyone can do it.

No way for it to happen on PS2 though. Oh well

And heres one of many reasons why people dont like voice chat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs

Enjoy.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:07 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:04, parabolee wrote:
HELLS YEAH! playing the beat really reminds why VC is so much better. In fct it gets to the point where having to type in the lobbies is a pain in the ass.

using the cut-in chat for jokes is fun though. playing with voice-chat makes it so much easier than running away from monsters just to say simple things. The shortcuts help a lot but they still distract from the action.

Yeah, much like in PSO where you brought an extra lowbie along for Falz. You get to the third form and he dies every Grants, so he's all like:

"OMG HELP HELP HELP REZ REZ REZ REZ HELP HELP HELP"

And it takes too much effort to reply in all caps, "OMG I'LL REZ YOU BEFORE WE KILL HIM IM NOT REZZING YOU JUST TO DIE AGAIN"

Probably what I love most about X360's simple voice chat option.

EC_Subbie
Oct 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
I use it nonstop in every party I've been in today. From what i've seen, the only time people text chat in PSU, is when they can't voice chat.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 14, 2006, 05:13 AM
I find not many people have voice chat from my experience, so i have my head set, and a USB keyboard set up. If fact i was showing a friend the Beta and he typed on the USB while i played.

phunk
Oct 14, 2006, 05:21 AM
Can't imagine playing this without Voice chat, its definately a must have.

SandstormX
Oct 14, 2006, 11:43 AM
I came in playing the beta thinking the worst for voice chat, but I have to admit it has its advantages. Like you can voice chat with no problems during lag spikes. One thing I do wish they had, was that you can voice chat outside of a party,.

mogshaz
Oct 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
On 2006-10-14 09:43, SandstormX wrote:
I came in playing the beta thinking the worst for voice chat, but I have to admit it has its advantages. Like you can voice chat with no problems during lag spikes. One thing I do wish they had, was that you can voice chat outside of a party,.

I thought i saw on the phantasy star universe message boards that they only took lobby chat out for the beta. It might be just a rumour but i was wondering if anyone else saw it.