PDA

View Full Version : So... how is the PSU Beta, 360 users?

Losodo1976
Oct 14, 2006, 01:00 AM
Sup,

Just wanna know how the beta turned out for 360?

If you're a PSO vet, how was it compared to PSO?

F*ck, 10 days left 'till release, lol.

Can't wait. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

xzeekzx
Oct 14, 2006, 01:02 AM
i'd like to know too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif although what the boards seem to be filled with don't look to promising maybe?

Miphesto
Oct 14, 2006, 01:06 AM
lol eveyrones out playing, i'm about to get back on.....

it is F*CKING AWESOME....sorry u guys cant be there....plz buy an x360

a little laggy, but i'll take it, still having a blast

xzeekzx
Oct 14, 2006, 01:13 AM
thats good. Sadly, i'll be on the PS2/PC, but i'm glad you guys are enjoying

February
Oct 14, 2006, 01:17 AM
I had a friend play it and tell me how it was. He said it's amazing, and easily better than the original PSO. I hope I agree with him when it's out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nani-chan
Oct 14, 2006, 01:24 AM
Froze in tutorial, am trying to figure things out

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 01:33 AM
ive heard its pretty bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

EC_Subbie
Oct 14, 2006, 01:36 AM
It's good enough that I played 12 hours straight today? It gets a little laggy at times, but this is a stress test/beta so I guess that's expected.

Shadow_Wing
Oct 14, 2006, 01:39 AM
Really laggy at times, it's connection quality goes up and down a lot. Sometimes I DC but hell, I'm having a blast with the game.

The start kinda was slow cause my tutorial would freeze on the 1st screen change, damn connection -_-, but once it gets going and you know what to do and stuff, it really picks up.

galaxy
Oct 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
yeah i was getting freezing during the tutorial as well (but only the tutorial...strange).

anyways, this one is infinitely better than PSO...at first, its very disorienting and somewhat overwhelming when compared, since it is MUCH faster, and the types of things that drop from enemies is very different (RARELY do weapons actually drop...its mostly consumables and synthesize items) but once you get used to it, you can't put it down. the character animations are MUCH better too (i always thought the females in PSO ran funny...now they don't). my only qualm is that, with the beginning clothing options, if your not wearing an item thats extremely bright (and i'd have to say only the females have really bright starter clothing) than everyone kind of looks the same on the field (with the exception of casts), but other than that, this game is fantastic. I'm debating if i should go to sleep now and get a full nights rest or screw it and keep playing...

Symtex360
Oct 14, 2006, 02:16 AM
How is the beta ? Like a beta. I was expecting to have trouble to begin with but I was able to play a couple of hours without too much hassle. I am a buyer on Oct 26th.

Blenjar
Oct 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
its freaking nice dude!!

-- Blen

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 02:22 AM
sorry to hear your getting on 360, well it was fun when we played on PSOX. PC for me.

JRock
Oct 14, 2006, 02:35 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS GAME IS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been looking forward to this for weeks but this game is such a disappointment that I won't even be playing the beta anymore. Played 12 hours today, went EVERYWHERE in search of SOMETHING to do besides grinding the same levels over and over again. But there ISN'T ANYTHING!!!!!!!! I have explored the entire universe already!!!! This is the smallest and laggiest universe in the history of the cosmos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is mindless hack and slash. Pure and simple. FFXI and WoW blow this out of the water any day of the week. Hell even Diablo 2 blows this out of the water. This game is nothing but character customization added to Ehrgeiz for the PS1. You know that dungeon mode that goes on forever where you keep fighting the same 10 monsters over and over? That's PSU.

And what's with the enemies in PSU?!?!? They can't even touch you! You can just walk to their sides and slash lvl15's 50000 times as a level 1 without them even touching you. Why even have armor!??!? Nothing's ever gonna hit you. And if it does you have 20 potions. You ALWAYS have 20 potions because every single bale of hay and pot in the world is full of the stuff. Along with berries and truffles. Hoorjay?

I wouldn't pay to play this. I wouldn't play it if you paid me. It's a timesink with no fun factor.

Frog
Oct 14, 2006, 02:49 AM
The game pwns PSO!!! Absolutely beautiful game. Runs at a very smooth 60fps and displays in 720p. The framerate and res absolutely pwns PSO for cube & box!

At first it really sucks until you figure out the menues and controls.

I had zero lag or connections issues.

Day 1 purchase for me!!!

I am really friggan impressed with this game. It looks killer. It's hard to believe it is just a uprezed PS2 game. It's very smoth!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:51 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:35, JRock wrote:

Snip.
My apologies. Just a bit frustrated with the rediculous negativity going on around here. Normally I'm all for a healthy dose of realism, but seriously. We don't need more whining around here. We really don't.

But, I'll change my response to: I respecfully disagree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-14 01:15 ]</font>

Frog
Oct 14, 2006, 02:51 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:49, Frog wrote:
The game pwns PSO!!! Absolutely beautiful game. Runs at a very smooth 60fps and displays in 720p. The framerate and res absolutely pwns PSO for cube & box!

At first it really sucks until you figure out the menues and controls.

I had zero lag or connection issues.

Day 1 purchase for me!!!

I am really friggan impressed with this game. It looks killer. It's hard to believe it is just a uprezed PS2 game. It's very smoOth!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weak
Oct 14, 2006, 02:58 AM
You know that dungeon mode that goes on forever where you keep fighting the same 10 monsters over and over? That's PSU.

Actually, there was an end to the dungeon mode.

I know this because I played through the whole damn thing. It was painful almost.

They make you use your secondary character for the last boss battle.. and I hadn't played them since day 1. So it was like playing the game twice.

Anyway that was totally irrelevant.

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 03:05 AM
at least it's nice to know that the 360 version has it's own set of problems.

Ether
Oct 14, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-10-14 01:05, BlueInfinity wrote:
at least it's nice to know that the 360 version has it's own set of problems.

Not really. I'm surprised at Sega for releasing this in the state it seems to be in. Bosses not loading? Not even the Japanese beta back in april had problems like this. I don't even wanna know what state the US servers will be in when the game goes live in a week an d a half

Sev
Oct 14, 2006, 03:12 AM
It's fun. I love being able to read the menus, it made synthesis so much easier and I have a general idea of how to start off when I'm finally on the final version. I've soloed alot, but I've partied a good bit as well too. It seems like everyones having a bit of trouble, and it's not their fault... It's mostly the fact that you're taking a risk by trying to go through the tutorial although I think they already sent feedback in for it.

The games just as addictive as PSO was to me... Really don't wanna put it down, but that's just me. If you see Chai Rai running around, that be me. Wave or something.

No voice chat have I. Keyboards with me though.

Edit: I wouldn't worry about the problems too much... That's why there's a beta afterall. You see a problem, you report it, and hope that it goes better the next time around. Plus, the servers are getting pretty hammered, so lag and such is a given.

I really wish the tutorials would get fixed though. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-10-14 01:14 ]</font>

Inspektahdek
Oct 14, 2006, 03:14 AM
It's really good, except for when I froze at the tutorial, the extreme LAG at times, and the part just now when I got to a boss and it froze and I lost 5 levels or a few hours of my night........

Besides the beta being a shitty beta (bug wise) it's a DAMN good game

Sev
Oct 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
Just hoping that the Beta problems stay in the Beta and don't travel elsewhere that's all.

I'm actually gonna go try and do the Dragon now to see if it works out. There are people who have been able to do the Dragon, and there's people that have been able to do the Tutorial as well. Seems really hit or miss for some reason.

Can't expect to much from a beta. Rather... You can... But I'm not.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-10-14 01:11, Ether wrote:

Not really. I'm surprised at Sega for releasing this in the state it seems to be in. Bosses not loading? Not even the Japanese beta back in april had problems like this. I don't even wanna know what state the US servers will be in when the game goes live in a week an d a half
Most, if not all, of the problems are probably entirely server issues. Plus, the servers are almost certainly getting hammered even harder than the Japanese ones were on release day, because they planned from the start not to have enough room for everyone to be on. That way, they can see how the servers handle under overload conditions, and make adjustments to the actual servers before release.

Seems like a good strategy to me.

Miphesto
Oct 14, 2006, 03:30 AM
i just hit lvl 6....i feel like progressing any further would probably be a waste of time...startin to get into the other aspects of the game such as upgrading and such...new wpn, new photon arts....i dont wanna ruin the game before it comes out....i hella wanna play....but i hate the thought that all my time is going down the drain when the beta ends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nani-chan
Oct 14, 2006, 04:01 AM
I made friends with a cute force, I was playing as a sexy ranger. He was doing more dmg than me but was using allot more PP. I ended up switching my rifle for saber + hgun more often since swinging the saber doesn't use PP. Maybe this means I should switch to hunter?

Our character levels got to 4, but I barely scratched the surface of leveling Ranger.. I's still at 1/12th til Jlvl up.

GruesomeWolf
Oct 14, 2006, 04:03 AM
My initial comparisons to PSOX, specific to voice comms:
1. No voice lag!!!!

2. I dig that a party doesn't all have to be in a particular mission, including still being in the main lobbies and they can STILL talk to each other.

3. I like how the name of the talker lights up over their head.

AndyPandy
Oct 14, 2006, 04:07 AM
I'd like to to try the damn game, but alas no...19 hours and no luck getting online.

HC82
Oct 14, 2006, 04:09 AM
This game is absolute FUN!!!!

I dunno about people, but if you get a well balanced team and you hit the toughest stages right off the bat, this game is a total blast. I was running around at level 7 is an area with level 15+ enemies and it was tons of fun. Swaping out different weapons and using the proper PAs to dominate the situation accordingly made for good strategy.

TEAM WORK IS YOUR FRIEND. On the Newman planet, we decided to go up against one of the level 15+ quests. Those Gorilla dudes who shoot ice had appeared on our map at about 8 of them at once, all blasting barta at us, in addition to those annoying worms. I had to run behind them using the saber juggle PA, just to keep them all disrupted, so the team could focus on thoese barta monkies one at a time. When I ran out of PA, the other teammate switched to their saber and did what I was doing, as I then changed to my daggers to focus on damage. An otherwise impossible situation for our level became ownable. Mind you, we are a good 7 levels under the stage, but we still owned it. Was it easy? NO, but it has a lot of fun. We got S rank by the way.

My point is, when this game is played at its most intense peak and you have great team synergy, the game shines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2006-10-14 02:12 ]</font>

Vetto
Oct 14, 2006, 04:18 AM
My issue is the mic kinda pointless ether i can't hear anyone beside a few people or no one talks. also the fact you can only talk in party is kinda bad for me.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 14, 2006, 04:55 AM
Yes i find the lag seems only to effect people's movement, since the move a lot faster than Pso, they seem to dash by metres at a time. (eg. you are trying to talk/invite someone then they teleport 5 metres away, then again, then gone)

Pik
Oct 14, 2006, 05:06 AM
However, that boss battle is glitched and it freezes when you try to enter.

Oh, also I thinkt he lag is only because of the beta servers not being made to hold too many people.
But I could be wrong...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pik on 2006-10-14 03:08 ]</font>

Vetto
Oct 14, 2006, 05:08 AM
Hmm im starting to debat ones more if i should stick x360... or just go pc since it ill need a keybored no matter what.

Sev
Oct 14, 2006, 05:10 AM
Yeah, De Ragan wouldn't work for me either. Oh well, if it gets fixed fine, if not no problem. There's a very small chance that any of these problems are going to carry over to the final release... But there's no use telling people to chill out about it. Seems they wanna play bad and it's just not workin out.

Just sitting in Neudaiz waiting for my weapons to finish synthesizing. Hopefully I don't have to drop kick my PM for failing again, lol.

watashiwa
Oct 14, 2006, 05:45 AM
I was probably too hard on my initial review of the 360 game.

Yeah, the game has bugs.. And, yeah, the game has occasional slowdown... but I'm finding the experience of playing on my TV, laying back, and using voice chat to be more enjoyable than the PC version.

I'm level 11 now on the Beta.. what's really killing me is the damage delay and item use lag... it really needs to be squashed quick, fast, and in a hurry.

You can somewhat alleviate that by playing on a non-populated Universe (or so it seemed better for me when I did it..) But still.. very annoying!

I think I'm still going to get both the 360 and PC version..

I'm hoping for them, hopefully, to fix some of the framerate issues in a future patch or something. But who knows? They certainly can fix the other issues that need to be addressed like:

- NPC cards not saving after completing tutorial.
- Tutorial locking up. (Never happened to me, finished it twice with no problem, but I know it is happening to lots of people..)
- Damage delay. (Smacking a monster or being swung at by a monster, the monster or you will receive the damage a couple of seconds later when the server is lagging..)
- Item use delay or non-use. (Yeah, nothing better than to use a Monomate in the heat of battle only to have it actually heal you a few seconds later.. or, worse, have your Monomate used but you never get healed.. at all.)
- Total freezing of the PSU server. (And I say PSU server because, EVERYBODY stops moving.. you can attack a monster but it never gets damaged.. HOWEVER, you can still voice chat with your buddies.. Then, a few seconds later or maybe a minute later.. EVERYONE FUCKING MOVES REALLY FAST AND ALL THE MONSTERS DIE AT ONCE..)
- The inability to fight any bosses.

Things I'd like to see added or adjusted:

- Framerate issues. (Seriously, guys.. Sloppy port is showing.. the 360 should be able to pull off PSU without having the annoying slowdowns inside of a decent party size..)
- The ability to voice chat in the lobby when NOT in a party. (At least being able to hear people within the vicinity of you..)
- The ability to reply to in-game mail using voice. (Come the fuck on.. seriously.. why do we have to use a keyboard for this game when not in a party..? Including simple mail. Ridiculous. It forces me to add people to my XBL list and mail them through XBox Live instead when I'm too lazy to use my keyboard.)
- The ability to reconfigure my bumper or trigger buttons? ;(

Granted NONE of these problems were in the PC import version with the exception of the damage delay. (Even though the PC version had damage delay it wasn't even a second of delay and this delay was most likely because we were playing on the Japanese servers from the US..)

DreamLocke
Oct 14, 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm so jealous of you guys, just reading about the beta...I have a 360 but my gold expired ages ago...oh well. 9 more days...

chewydawg
Oct 14, 2006, 08:27 AM
well im playing rite now and the main problem youll find is lag other than that this game rocks my bro had to kick me off after 8 hrs i even ignored all my family members and only listened to friends on the game and in real life on the phone. this game is game is dangerous :3

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm not on the beta myself, but I wish I was at this point. On a different set of forums, I've been hearing a lot of complaints along the lines of "I have no clue what to do"... most of which could have easily been taken care of had the tutorial actually been functioning correctly.

Jaleigha
Oct 14, 2006, 08:56 AM
The wait is killing me. I was playing EQ and standing in town while another there was on his xBox playing, telling everybody in that EQ town about the game. It was so hard to stand there while I got a little play-by-play of PSU. Luckily he will be getting it on the PS2, as a few other EQ guildies of mine will be getting it on. 10 more days....gonna be the longest dam 10 days ;(

Yoiyami
Oct 14, 2006, 09:18 AM
The longest 10 days of our young gamer lives, Jale. *holds your hand*

Sneakysanta
Oct 14, 2006, 09:42 AM
Im having a lot of fun in this beta. Im now level 5 Cast hunter named Sneaky. If anyone sees me wave or talk to meh.

OrgazmoX
Oct 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
betas are never really all that great...why does everybody think this is how the game is gonna be. stop complaining and wait for a couple more days for the real shit bcuz its doesn't make any damn sense people

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OrgazmoX on 2006-10-14 08:33 ]</font>

Narcotic
Oct 14, 2006, 10:56 AM
I kinda look like the Cast face with the completely red eyes now after playing so damn much. The game repeats the addictive formula PSO had down to a science and its definately a true sequel for the series. My only complaint is the lack of missions, unless im doing something wrong but if i have to play the same 2 missions on guardian colony 1 more time im gonna be pissed. The item drop system seems to compliment the PM cause all i ever see are drops for sysnthesizing...its kinda cool when someone gets a rare cause a little message flashes on the side of your screen....Yeah the games fun

Ezekiel06
Oct 14, 2006, 08:26 PM
Stayed up till like, 4 am playing this game. A lot better than PSO. More challenging, takes longer to level up, you NEED mestea, and the worlds and monsters are cool. The beta does have a few gliches, and the server is kind of small (Can't connect because too many people playing it) but once it comes out...gliches will be cleaned up, and there will definatly be larger servers to connect to.

With that said...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELAESE!!!

Numnuttz
Oct 14, 2006, 08:32 PM
only problems that bug me right now is the slow down in combat and the fact that i cant do all the emotes.

Merumeru
Oct 14, 2006, 08:36 PM
XD this beta is crappy, but its just the lag and login time and such, otherwise AWESOEM GAEM~ ^____^ cant wait for full release

A1catraz
Oct 14, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-10-14 00:35, JRock wrote:

I've been looking forward to this for weeks but this game is such a disappointment that I won't even be playing the beta anymore. Played 12 hours today, went EVERYWHERE in search of SOMETHING to do besides grinding the same levels over and over again. But there ISN'T ANYTHING!!!!!!!! I have explored the entire universe already!!!! This is the smallest and laggiest universe in the history of the cosmos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is mindless hack and slash. Pure and simple. FFXI and WoW blow this out of the water any day of the week. Hell even Diablo 2 blows this out of the water. This game is nothing but character customization added to Ehrgeiz for the PS1. You know that dungeon mode that goes on forever where you keep fighting the same 10 monsters over and over? That's PSU.

And what's with the enemies in PSU?!?!? They can't even touch you! You can just walk to their sides and slash lvl15's 50000 times as a level 1 without them even touching you. Why even have armor!??!? Nothing's ever gonna hit you. And if it does you have 20 potions. You ALWAYS have 20 potions because every single bale of hay and pot in the world is full of the stuff. Along with berries and truffles. Hoorjay?

I wouldn't pay to play this. I wouldn't play it if you paid me. It's a timesink with no fun factor.

I was seriously LMAO ,after reading this,not at what you stated but the way you said them."I have explored the entire universe already!!!!" That was my favorite part.But,I will be buying this game 4 sho,I loved Pso & I have to get this.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
complaining does seem pointless at this point , to the people complaining about lack of material , its a beta there giving you a taste not the whole thing

HyperShot-X-
Oct 15, 2006, 01:09 AM
people r getting so addicted to this great game already that they forget this is only a demo beta test, lol.

My impression on PSU beta after playing over 15 hrs, I will focus on good pts instead of all negatives on online server issues since this is only Beta testing.

Game looks beautiful & feels so smooths at 60 fps, i still notice some pixelized horizontal lines tho even at 720p HD since there are 720 horizontal lines for widescreen mode compared to 1280 vertical lines. Image blurr effect on objects far away looks soothing & realistic rather than pixelized detail images.

The only noticeble lag in game play is when fighting gets too intense occasionally but once you get used to timing combos right instead of mashing buttons it doesn't bother the pace of game that much.

No more voice chat in public lobby eliminates mic abusing & constant muting that many ppl disliked. Team chat upto 6 ppl in your party seems to be more than useful enough , but personally i experienced some voice break ups & problems that i had to send in feed back, hopefully it will get improved.

Due to bug in tutorial, it took some time to get familiar with city maps, menu options, & button layouts but no big trouble once u get used to it.

Word bubble chat in lobby seems a bit laggy but there's public lobby chat log & team party chat log separate as well as shortcuts F1-F12 and face emoticons(cut-in-chat). Beta version don't seem to have the 'Word select' function for now.

There are 18 universes in beta server each holding 500 or more ppl probably and most of them seemed to be packed as of now, approx 9k total beta users can be online so far.

All in all, i been thoroughly enjoying this beta experience so far and will be keep coming back for more, can't imagine how great full game will be with offline story mode as well.

Aoi
Oct 15, 2006, 02:09 AM
Had a bit of a hard time finding this info if it has been posted, so I thought I would poke my head in with a couple little questions for anyone that may have played both the 360 beta and the import version of the full game.

Question 1

What % of the total amount of missions (not counting the different ranks) would you say are present in the current beta.

Question 2

Of the content not in the beta, how much of the newbie content has been left out? This pertains especially to areas that can be soloed. PSO has always had a pretty solo friendly policy, so a few people I know were a bit surprised to see a somewhat harsh curve between groups and the solo player, so we were left curious.

Thanks!

RuneLateralus
Oct 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
I haven't had any issues with slowdown, crashes, bosses not loading, or freezing what so ever.

Logging in and lag however, I do. However, if this is truly a stress test, I really hope they see these problems immediately.

As for the game itself, it is not bad, but it is not the greatest thing in the world. I like the style of the game a lot more than the original PSO and it should prove to be an interesting casual online RPG in a style reminiscint of Diablo II. And the game looks nice...even if it is just a PS2 game with a higher resolution.

However, it will not break my WoW habit...but then again, it doesn't need to. This game doesn't need all that time spent on it...or you will get burned out fast.

I do wish they gave a better tutorial though. I was lost for the first few hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-10-15 01:28 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Oct 15, 2006, 03:44 AM
I've enjoyed myself so far, when there's major team synergy does the game really becomes crazy @_@; as said by HC82, which btw I teamed with his FO Dyne ^_^.

The major glitches and loads of lag are my only concern overall. After playing it for a few hours, I can't say this was a serous beta release it seems so... half assed to me. But nonetheless I didn't have much expectations for the Beta, and it has thus far showed me more than enough to get me to buy this game.

shidoshi
Oct 15, 2006, 05:21 AM
Not trying to just troll or whatever, but this beta has SERIOUSLY disappointed me. Having been a hardcore PSO player, the beta is doing a good job of making me never want to play PSU. There are SO MANY things I find wrong with this game, but the problem is, being a beta, I can't tell if they are (a) real problems, (b) things that just aren't finished/available in the beta, or (c) things that are just hard to figure out, as the beta does a piss-poor job of explaining to you what everything is.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
I keep forgeting that this is a demo and my characters WILL be deleted afterwards. I don't know why i put so much effort into my characters. I feel its best to stay away from power leveling and just have fun killing schnit. On the last day remember to just blow all your cash on crap. No point keeping it.

LocGaw
Oct 15, 2006, 06:52 AM
Well, here is what I got... From a PSO vet and FFXI player PoV...

*Sega spared no expense on the Emotes. You can have 7-8 differant expressions on your face with 5 differant views... You can also change the border of your text bubble to change inflection... Not to mention all the crazy moves your PC can do.

*The graphics are good. Many will point out jaggies. I see things like when you move the camara your PCs head turns and looks in that dir. It actually follows the screen!!! Thats not all...

*The sound is damn good...

I could go on forever about this stuff. Bottom line. Game is definatly worth the price of admission...