PDA

View Full Version : How do Crossbows work?

Shade-
Oct 14, 2006, 01:32 AM
All I've seen of them is still screenshots where the player isn't actually using it. Can anyone give some insight as to how they attack exactly? I figure they can't just be a differently styled handgun, so what do they do? I heard they may have a spread fire type attack similar to a shot, is this true? It would be fantastic to see some screenshots/vids of them posted in the screenshot thread, I looked but found nothing =(

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 01:34 AM
i think its like a handbow hope this helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ether
Oct 14, 2006, 01:35 AM
At the start, they are pretty much exactly the same as a handgun, but at bullet art level 11 they upgrade to being able to fire two shots at once, then at bullet art 21 they become three shots at once. They're sort of like a spread needle since they're much faster than shotguns, but are weaker and have less range

Shade-
Oct 14, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-10-13 23:35, Ether wrote:
At the start, they are pretty much exactly the same as a handgun, but at bullet art level 11 they upgrade to being able to fire two shots at once, then at bullet art 21 they become three shots at once. They're sort of like a spread needle since they're much faster than shotguns, but are weaker and have less range

interesting. i was really expecting fightgunners to be able to use shots, but it seems that a crossbow could be used in the same generaly way. You get less bullets and need to be in closer range, but at the same time you can use a mainhand weapon for when you get too close.

edit: nevermind, I just realized that fightgunners only get lvl 20 bullets, meaning they get a maximum of 2 projectiles. Rather pointless at that point if you ask me =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shade- on 2006-10-13 23:44 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 14, 2006, 01:47 AM
To correct one thing I was wrong on, crossbows are actually stronger than shotguns, i just checked the stats online

A rank Tenora shotgun: 88 atp, 109 ata
A rank Tenora crossbow: 243 atp, 126 ata

Shade-
Oct 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
interesting, do you know off the top of your head the atp/ata comparision between a crossbow and a regular handgun?

Ether
Oct 14, 2006, 02:00 AM
A rank GRM handgun: 221 atp, 118 ata
6 star Tenora handgun: 236 atp, 130 ata

These are all online stats btw. Also 6 star weapons are still B rank, but about 3 times cheaper from the shop than 7 star A ranks

Also I'd recommened playing offline and getting a crossbow there before buying one online since they're so expensive. Since figunner is capped at 20 bullets, you have two shots, but they also shoot to the left and right, no center shot could be very annoying

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-10-14 00:02 ]</font>