PDA

View Full Version : Online Beta glitchs, u have a week to fix them =P

Bluecowbank
Oct 14, 2006, 02:07 AM
1. Alot of the people who use mic's are talking in chat about how no one can here them, I got into a party where 1 guy could hear me and the other 2 couldn't this one guy could hear all of us but that was it, we couldn't hear each other.

Lotsa DC, lotta people I am with are getting DC'd and half the time, the internet connection just craps out causing huge lag spikes for minutes on end.

there is no option for camera inversion tsk tsk.

And ya both bosses on both planets don't load... EVER

The synthisys is too complex, every one I talk to has no clue how to use it either, the explanation didn't help much with weapon synthisis either, no real info on where to get these said boards

The weapons that drop in the feilds suck, Its fun to find weapons on the field instead of having to make money to upgrade, the fact that I find all of these "materials" and "plans" for weapons is sadistic, its like dangling a banana outside of the monkeys cage just out of their reach.

Besides that, Psu is a kick ass game and I look forward to the full thing

Animosity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:10 AM
the voice chat thing isnt psu its the 360. it happens in graw and halo 2. the main i noticed is that forces do 2 times as much damage as a hunter.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:13 AM
There's a full explanation of how synthesis works on this very site, and it's really not that complicated at all. I haven't even touched the game, and I have a pretty good handle on it.

Boards drop from enemies, btw, same as pretty much everything. Perhaps there are one or two you can buy from a vendor, I dunno.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:07, Bluecowbank wrote:
The synthisys is too complex, every one I talk to has no clue how to use it either, the explanation didn't help much with weapon synthisis either, no real info on where to get these said boards

The weapons that drop in the feilds suck, Its fun to find weapons on the field instead of having to make money to upgrade, the fact that I find all of these "materials" and "plans" for weapons is sadistic, its like dangling a banana outside of the monkeys cage just out of their reach.

Yeah, it is quite difficult to grasp synthing since you're just tossed into it from the start without working your way up. With a little tolerance it becomes a bit more understandable, enough to work on over time.

Everyone will have their own opinion about the new synthing system taking over standard weapon drops. I personally think it adds a nice little spice to the game, though that is definitely opinionated. I can fully understand those who don't like the new system.

Ether
Oct 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
Actually pretty much every weapon board can be bought at the crafting shop on Parum, its the one with the purple symbol on it.

And by pretty much every weapon I mean all GRM weapons, because no one uses Yohmei

Zelutos
Oct 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
i don't know how to make the voice chat work [even though i plug my headset into my controller...].

And the only problem i have is that all the characters[outside of my own] run really funny in both the lobbies and the missions..uh..Maybe it's just me?

Edit: Synthesis is easy...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-10-14 00:21 ]</font>

Authenticate
Oct 14, 2006, 03:32 AM
I use Youmei because I like feeling pretty.

Sev
Oct 14, 2006, 05:16 AM
I haven't really been getting DC'ed... There was one interval of time where I couldn't connect because there were a ton of users on. I waited about 5 minutes, pressed the button, and got in. I've noticed the lag spikes, but normally if I don't see my damage quickly, then I just avoid the mob until it comes up... I got sick of getting killed trying to attack while I was lagging. But yeah... The bosses and tutorials seem to be no goes. Which doesn't bother me that much since it is what it is. I'm sure the feedback is pouring in on it.

Synthesis is really cool once you get the hang of it. You save a good bit of money doing it in the end.

I think I have at least.

phunk
Oct 14, 2006, 05:20 AM
The biggest glitch I've encountered is the De Ragan boss freeze up. Haven't seen much of anything else besides that.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 14, 2006, 05:48 AM
"And ya both bosses on both planets don't load... EVER"
I have had bosses load. Although im not sure what boss you mean but I have defeated the Seed monster from the first mission C rank. If that is not a boss I dont know what you are talking about.

"The synthisys is too complex"
Yes. Find a board in the feild/sythesis shops and give it to your PM. Then give it what ever items it says you need to make it work.

"The weapons that drop in the feilds suck"
I agree. At least money has value in this game. Apart from Trimate and Mag food I never used it past level 10.

Akaimizu
Oct 14, 2006, 06:37 AM
Well, I'm not sure if you've gotten far enough in the game to see how good the weapon drops can be. Even on the offline game, I didn't start to see interesting Weapon Drops for a while. Like I had to go up maybe a couple dozen levels before that. Then again, it could be that I was at a level (both by level of Force and character base level) to start to see rare weapon drops.

BluCast20xx
Oct 14, 2006, 06:58 AM
i gotten a hang of it....made 2 twin handguns and 2 powerguns, as well as a sabara with light attribute...Me Likey!

but yea...forces do a lot of damage, and their weapons charge faster....Rifles and twin guns charge soo slow, but the recharge rate makes things a little easier...i hope they dont inflate the recharge rate...

Inspektahdek
Oct 14, 2006, 07:10 AM
On 2006-10-14 03:48, UltraDeeDer wrote:
"And ya both bosses on both planets don't load... EVER"
I have had bosses load. Although im not sure what boss you mean but I have defeated the Seed monster from the first mission C rank. If that is not a boss I dont know what you are talking about.

"The synthisys is too complex"
Yes. Find a board in the feild/sythesis shops and give it to your PM. Then give it what ever items it says you need to make it work.

"The weapons that drop in the feilds suck"
I agree. At least money has value in this game. Apart from Trimate and Mag food I never used it past level 10.

That's not a boss bro but more of a mini/sub boss. The real bosses are like how they execute them in PSO where you go to an area or go to a large portal that requires everyone to be in it before proceeding and then theres a loading sequence afterwards and will say something like for instance when it froze one me "MA Olgad's Nest" (SP? Don't remember the name of the boss exactly)

Arrow203
Oct 14, 2006, 07:26 AM
Yea, Once you get the hang of it synthing is quite simple

kyori
Oct 14, 2006, 07:33 AM
The whole point of the new system helps encourage a player economy, more so it actually gives the Meseta worthwhile value again unlike PSO. Infact, having just discussed this ingame, PSU will probably turn off the PSO causal players. You're going to have to a bit more dedicated to get somewhere. Not as easy pick up and go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-14 05:34 ]</font>

BaZ2
Oct 14, 2006, 08:06 AM
Oh I thought only me with the boss battles. A group of 2 other people and I waited for like 10 min hoping it would load and the synth is way so complex I don't like it. I feel like the game isn't as user frendily as it should be like the old ones.

Rieter
Oct 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
The synthesizing in this is by and far the easiest and least painful crafting I have ever seen in a game. I hate crafting, screw it, give it to people that care, but this I actually donbt mind since its cheap, easy and reletivly quick.

Avalandiel
Oct 14, 2006, 11:31 AM
"there is no option for camera inversion tsk tsk."

Do you mean a horizontial inversion or vertical inversion? I was able to change my horizontial camera to inverted =) its in the system options.

Hemorrhage
Oct 14, 2006, 01:44 PM
The whole point of the new system helps encourage a player economy, more so it actually gives the Meseta worthwhile value again unlike PSO. Infact, having just discussed this ingame, PSU will probably turn off the PSO causal players. You're going to have to a bit more dedicated to get somewhere. Not as easy pick up and go.

I kinda don't like this approach Sega took.

I much rather be able to find good weps/items myself.
It is much more thrilling doing the same area/boss over and over trying to get something to drop.

Making you have to craft to get anything decent is a step backwards. It will be FF11/EQ2 all over again. I hated how I could not have anything good in those games without having to spend 500K Gil or 50 Plat for a freaken wep/spell. Not to mention in those games the crafting was terrible and you had to be super rich just to support it.

At least in PSO I could run Mines or Seabed over and over to get a rare and even exp. This crafting BS is gonna be the weight of the game.

But since I have not played through all of PSU and am not max lvl, I cannot say how it will turn out. Maybe good weps do drop later? Thats what I think but I keep hearing that everything decent has to be crafted...

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 01:46 PM
There are weapon drops in the field (though not very common), and you can buy weapons in the shops. Synthesizing is not the only way to obtain new weapons. Also, you can always buy synthesized weapons other players have made via the player-run Shops.

theShoal
Oct 14, 2006, 01:50 PM
The synthesis really isn't that complex, the bosses load up for me. The microphone thing isn't really a glitch with PSU, thats Live. I haven't been getting DC'ed. There was one incedent where I couldn't log in for a little while, but I did get in. I had a little trouble linking PAs and finding the missions at the beggining, but Phunk and Magician helped with that.