PDA

View Full Version : PSU EP2 Ch1: The Masked Girl

uhawww
Oct 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Very awesome addition to the game.
I'm now really looking forward to the next installments. When you start the mission, it even goes through the full intro sequence and everything, as if offline.

Anyways,
For anyone who hasn't done the story mission yet, I will give it my highest recommendation.

As for some pointers:
-You partner, Leia Martinez, can die without penalty (as standard, she will auto-revive in 30 seconds)

-If you die, the mission will instantly end and you will have to start over

-The Mission is approximately Lv 15, so enemies through both acts will range from 15-21ish

-The Vol Brothers are at it again.
If you are under level 25-30, it will be a very tough fight, but they have similar behavior to when you fight them in Offline mode.

-The Dragon Mid-boss (Zol Ragan or something to that effect) is basically a Zonde swap of De Ragan.
The spikes on the underside of it's neck are red instead of yellow like the others. If they hit you, they have a Megid effect, and can instantly kill you, forcing you to start all over

-Speed rules. Both trials are based on a combination of Monsters killed and clear time.
Clear time requirements for a high rank are ridiculous. Run through as fast as you can

-Act 2 has no monsters, but the Vol Brothers seem to have changed their class to ProTrancer. There are traps everywhere. Leia will give you goggles to help navigate.
From my observation traps here have a chance to hit for static percentages of life. Myself, at Level 42, three-four successive trap explosions would kill me. Use the goggles the first couple trips to learn the layout, then you can go for speed rank.

-The previous reports are true. You will fight Ethan and Liina.
Let me correct myself, you will try to fight Ethan and Liina. They will be 20 levels higher than you. Survival is the name of the game here. It is possible to die, so just hang on long enough. This is a scripted loss.

-The identity of the masked girl will be revealed at the end.
Not much of a surprise based on the dialog, but still interesting where the new story arc will go from here

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 12:46 PM
Huh? I don't get it. Is EP2 an addition, or something?

uhawww
Oct 14, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:46, Kismet wrote:

Online-Only Single player Story Mission

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:50, uhawww wrote:

On 2006-10-14 10:46, Kismet wrote:

Online-Only Single player Story Mission

Ohh! Ok. XD Gah, I'm such a noob. Thanks. =3

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm too tired at the moment to pick out what's spoilers and what's not so I'll just black out the entire thing:

It seems if you die fighting Ethan the quest will end as if you had survived... I think. I actually don't recall many specific differences aside from the fact when I died my body was scrawled out on the floor during those last scenes, as if they had taken the effort to drag me into place. Was that a bug? Perhaps I died right at the very moment the fight was supposed to end...

Also, I'm not 100% certain of this, but if you die during the fight with Ethan, you won't receive Leia's partner card, apparently. Or perhaps it was because she died earlier in my first run?

My grasp on Japanese is minimal. I suspected the masked girl was you-know-who given you-know-what in you-know-what-chapter-in-story-mode but that was a total guess. What was Ethan doing with them anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-14 11:03 ]</font>

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
Haha. Nice job keeping spoilers hidden. XD (That doesn't bother me, but someone who didn't want to know probably is pissed right now.)

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-10-14 11:03, Kismet wrote:
Haha. Nice job keeping spoilers hidden. XD (That doesn't bother me, but someone who didn't want to know probably is pissed right now.)

As I said, I'm tired. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Hope no one saw something they didn't want to in that span of three minutes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-14 11:04 ]</font>

uhawww
Oct 14, 2006, 01:58 PM
I had totally forgotten that I got Leia's Partner Card until this morning. One thing I really like about her is that she's aggressive to a point where she's actually useful in not getting herself killed. Also she uses Spear in adition to dual claws, so she gets to show off Deus Robbad PA ><

mechatra
Oct 14, 2006, 02:03 PM
I'm totally sick of NPC's rubbing Deus Robad in my face.

*cries*

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-10-14 11:58, uhawww wrote:
I had totally forgotten that I got Leia's Partner Card until this morning. One thing I really like about her is that she's aggressive to a point where she's actually useful in not getting herself killed. Also she uses Spear in adition to dual claws, so she gets to show off Deus Robbad PA ><

It seems like all the NPCs have gotten a little more aggressive since the last update. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, though.