PDA

View Full Version : It's called a BETA!!!!!

Hrithmus
Oct 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
Wow, You Xbox 360 users do know that what you just uploaded is a beta? No need for 200 posts about is happening at the very moment. It’s a beta, there’s going to be tons of problems.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:51, Hrithmus wrote:
Wow, You Xbox 360 users do know that what you just uploaded is a beta? No need for 200 posts about is happening at the very moment. It’s a beta, there’s going to be tons of problems.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/exiledajay/internet.jpg

Metempsychic
Oct 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
I agree.

However, they only have a very small window of time to fix their problems. SEGA better be working their asses off.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

Post #2 is lol.
Post #1 is smart.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 14, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-10-14 10:51, Hrithmus wrote:

Of course, everyone knows.

we are pointing out the problems so other players know what to look out for bug/glitch wise.

your just pointing out what everyone already knows.

Parn
Oct 14, 2006, 01:09 PM
I'm of the opinion that everyone's playing an early build of PSU on Xbox Live, given that the Xbox 360 version is releasing at the same time as the other versions, which means the game discs have already been pressed. All these odd problems will "miraculously" have been resolved by release day!

I mean, honestly... there's just a bunch of odd bugs that weren't even present in the closed beta for PC several months ago on the Xbox 360 version.

Rubesahl
Oct 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-10-14 11:03, Metempsychic wrote:
I agree.

However, they only have a very small window of time to fix their problems. SEGA better be working their asses off.

Precisely. Also considering that the JPN version was actually less laggy before they added World 2, I'm worried about them leaving it as it is. Call me pessimistic but I'm just worried cause I love the damn game. I'm also worried since they usually leave any version that isn't Japanese to its own luck -shrugs- Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
Bah, the Xbox 360... It sucks so much. Goddamn you, Microsoft! *burns it down*

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
I bet PSU's gonna get delayed till Halloween. At least I could sell off my candy to buy it, and yes I go trick or treating XD my little brother needs someone to go with him, so I dress up and go with him.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-10-14 11:12, tyler2zelda wrote:
I bet PSU's gonna get delayed till Halloween.

I'm actually interested in Parn's theory that this is an early build of PSU.

The problems we're experiencing could be simple porting issues, though I highly doubt they will exist upon release of the game, especially given the expected release date.

Enjoy your paragraph filtering bug while you still can folks.

Cross
Oct 14, 2006, 01:21 PM
Apart from the bugs, the issue of performance is pretty big. The 360 is just as bad as the PS2 in terms of slowdown, and that should not be happening under any circumstance, ever.

Maybe they did optimize it since then! But that still opens up the question of why in the hell Sega thought it would be a good idea to open up a completely subpar, outdated version of the game to the public. If I'm playing a 'beta' a week and a half before the game goes live, there is absolutely nothing wrong with assuming that everything in the beta is exactly as it will be in the real release. Two weeks is not the kind of timeframe that lends itself well to drastic changes in the game's engine. At this point, this should be a stress test and nothing else, but what we're playing is a version of the game so ridden with bugs that it should have never, ever, ever been opened to the public.

Saying "It's a beta" doesn't just get the problems away. If this is the state of the 360 version of PSU, then Sega deserves for it to fail. If this isn't the current state and they've put up an outdated, underperforming version, that's just as bad because this is the best, most perfect opportunity for Sega to get widespread, positive marketing, and they're fucking it up horribly.

Based on this beta, I wouldn't even bother buying the US release of the game. I'm still going to give the US PC version a chance, but only because I've played the JP version and it's nearly bug-free. The general public (and even the general Phantasy Star fanbase) doesn't have that perspective. For a lot of people, the first impression is the only one Sega gets, and they're blowing it fantastically.

That's why people are bitching.

On 2006-10-14 11:11, Kismet wrote:
Bah, the Xbox 360... It sucks so much. Goddamn you, Microsoft! *burns it down*

Don't be retarded. It's not good to be retarded, and this post is retarded. The 360 has more than enough potential to be running the absolute best version of the game. The hardware is on par with a mid-high end PC, and it's a closed system and can be optimized assuming that everybody will be on the same hardware, 90% of the playerbase will be using VoIP, etc.
The poor impression of the 360 beta lies entirely on Sega's shoulders. It's a poor showing when it should have been the thing that got everybody to start playing the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-14 11:24 ]</font>