PDA

View Full Version : Question about PS2 slowdown.

BioWarrior
Oct 14, 2006, 02:03 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but how bad is the PS2 slowdown with a full group in network mode? I've seen videos with "bad slowdown" for PS2 but it was barely noticeable at all to me but all of them were from the story mode. Hoping its not too bad because my PC monitor is too dark even though it can run PSU fine, but even pushing it as high as it can go its very difficult to see alot of things.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 02:04 PM
Well, the slowdown isn't all that bad, actually. At least, I hope...

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5cJjjaZmyWU

This is a video of how bad the slowdown can get on the PS2, if you were wanting to see video evidence.

BioWarrior
Oct 14, 2006, 02:14 PM
I've seen that video on youtube before and honestly it doesn't look that bad to me, Seabed 2 on PSOGC seems like it was worse in the rooms flooded with water, but I've heard it can get much worse then the slowdown in that video.

kassy
Oct 14, 2006, 02:19 PM
That video isn't too bad, it's still very noticeable when you compare and see how smoothly it can run on the PC though.

I've still yet to see a video of 6 player controlled chars online, using PAs and fighting a large amount of enemies on the PS2 though, which is the real test.

Hrithmus
Oct 14, 2006, 02:21 PM
i seen this video as well, nothing to bad at all.

ShinMaruku
Oct 14, 2006, 02:57 PM
As I'll ahve this on PS3 no worries for me hopfully.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'll probably never party LOL