PDA

View Full Version : Fortefighter or Fighgunner?

Zato-2TWO
Oct 14, 2006, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to consider which Expert class to take with a Cast Hunter I'm planning. I used to play a melee damage-machine (who missed alot) in PSO, so I thought Fortefighter would be the best choice. But on the other hand, as a Cast I could be making use of the naturally high ATA and be able to dish out damage with guns as well as melee weapons (I'm also not sure what the damage for the SUV Weapon is based on). I also find it might be more useful to be a competent ranged fighter for those times where melee weapons become useless (flying bosses and such), but for one, the Fighgunner's gun selection seems very restricted, and on the other hand, the damage on the axe is so tempting.

Which would you recommend?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 02:53 PM
try both???

BioWarrior
Oct 14, 2006, 02:53 PM
If you like Sabers Daggers and Doublesabers compared to the two-hand weapons like Axe Spear and Sword I'd say go for Fighgunner, but on Fortegunner just a handgun would probable be fine for a cast I'd assume since they have the highest ATA as it is. You should probable just try out a bit of Hunter and Ranger and see what weapons you prefer that Fighgunner and Fortefighter can use.

Lyrise
Oct 14, 2006, 02:57 PM
Definitely try both. Though you can usually figure out within the first 2 hours of playing a single class whether its right for you or not. It's how I found out that Fortefighter is not my style, and fighgunner is. The stat drops you take kinda facilitate that really well.

Rizen
Oct 14, 2006, 02:59 PM
Well from what I see, Fortefighter is the Heavy Hitter and Figunner is the swift fighter...Dante from DMC if you will. Maybe that helps a bit?

DreamLocke
Oct 14, 2006, 03:07 PM
Fortefighter Beasts will be um...beasts. Androids are basically set up to excel as fighgunners. Depends on whether you want to specialize in one area or do a little of both. Also, whether or no t you can part with the allmighty double saber...

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
Casts seem pretty much made to be figunners, high atp and ata, but theyd also make good HU's

Axe may be strong but keep in mind its situational, you will have to be behind a mob to even land a string of hits and alot of times i dont think that will be possible also considering mob UI was boosted to be better or so ive heard

But if you are in a good team with lots of stuners axe will be pretty deadly, they seem very well balanced

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-14 14:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-14 14:07 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 14, 2006, 04:16 PM
If you like to use a pistol alongside 1h canes, go gunner, if you prefer to use a 1h sword with a cane, go hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 14, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-10-14 14:16, Diablohead wrote:
If you like to use a pistol alongside 1h canes, go gunner, if you prefer to use a 1h sword with a cane, go hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think you have it confused with Wartecher and Guntecher? Fortefighter and Fighgunner can't use canes at all in network mode.

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
Fortefighter, FTW! (I'm only saying that because I like them more than I do fighgunners. X{)

Arcanum
Oct 14, 2006, 06:41 PM
what lvl does hunter and ranger needs to be to get figunner?

Lyrise
Oct 14, 2006, 06:44 PM
5 and 3 respectively.

Arcanum
Oct 14, 2006, 06:45 PM
ok, thanks alot.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 14, 2006, 11:16 PM
My dilemma is that if I take Fighgunner, will it really be any better than just being a Fortefighter and using a handgun when necessary? Will the extra ATA that Fighgunner gives me really be worth the loss of ATP from Fortefighter?

Hajile
Oct 14, 2006, 11:20 PM
You know theres certain items to buff your stats tempoarary so it's really up to your own playstyle.

mech259_
Oct 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
On 2006-10-14 21:20, Hajile wrote:
You know theres certain items to buff your stats tempoarary so it's really up to your own playstyle.

Except that both fortegunners and fighgunners can use those.

Itsuki
Oct 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
I say ForteFighter personally. Whe compared to a normal hunter, it buffs every stat a cast is good in even higher (HP, ATP, ATA, DEF) and lowers every stat a cast is bad in (EVA, TAP, MST). If that isn't using your strengths for you, I don't know what is. (This is going a bit from memory)

But when it really comes down to it, it really depends on your playstyle and only by playing them will you know what fits you best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-10-14 21:52 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Oct 15, 2006, 01:12 AM
it depends on your weapon choices pretty much... but basically,

ForteFighter from weapon choices prefer slow deliberate attacks, ut have the benefit of being able to use S-Rank Spear which is notably one of if not the best physical damage weapon in the game as far as i have seen.

Figunner is well quick attacks but more importantly it is the same thing weapon wise as a HUcast on PSO

Hunter = magicless gimped version of Hunters on PSO
Ranger = magicless gimped version of Ranger on PSO
Force = Low lvl technic version of Force on PSO
Figunner = HUcast/Hucaseal on PSO
WarTecher = HUmar/HUnewearl
GunTecher = RAmar/RAmarl
ForteFighter = Magicless gimped version of Hunter on PSO
ForteGunner = RAcast/Racaseal
ForteTecher = Forces on PSO but gimped right now
Protranser = gimpcast! ep2+ and beyond

that's how the classes relate pretty much...so if you like HUcast you'll prolly want to play Figunner more

EnixBelmont
Oct 15, 2006, 02:06 AM
I'm making both, a Fortefighter Beast and a FighGunner cast. Figunner will be more of my main though, since speed is hte only thing that matters to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 15, 2006, 06:30 AM
I'm making a figunner human because I like the blades that a figunner s-ranks in over those that the fortefighter s-ranks in.

fireant
Oct 15, 2006, 07:46 AM
I am makeing a figunner they have a A rank in all of the off-hand guns

Rizen
Oct 15, 2006, 09:29 AM
If you are a Figunner you might do something like this http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Video/?action=view&current=RizenMustDie.flv

xzeekzx
Oct 15, 2006, 09:30 AM
i will be going Figunner cast personally fo my main, but chose what you want. Want speed? figunner is for you. Want deadly power? then fortefighter might delliver... maybe, idk the class that well. Try em both out, see which one you like better. Me? i'm gonna run in to the battle with a few shots, and jump in on the quick slicing and dicing. But to each his/her own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kizzy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:54 AM
Fighgunner FTW.

Synyster
Dec 2, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yeah, my CASTs definitely going fighgunner after seeing rizen's vid... thats awesome man, make more!!!

Alisha
Dec 2, 2006, 06:23 AM
i was planning to do beast figunner since most of the weapons figunners have S in benefit from a higher atp stat. i'm also planning for a cast fortefighter since i read that axes have extreme atp but low ata,depending on the stat desperity a human fortefighter might be a good choice too.

Arieta
Dec 2, 2006, 07:18 AM
Just keep in mind Alisha that the stats of a beast online are a lot differant compared to offline. I made a offline beast for fun and I got a good laugh out of it. My level 25ish beast has like 10-20 ATA.... My beast online has 120.

Ravennittes
Dec 2, 2006, 07:37 AM
Remember, if you are planning to use Double Sabers (Figunner), keep in mind that the Double Crea Saber is Human/Newman only, and is really powerful (but hard to get the materials for, as it requires 15 Goldania, 2 Relics Edges, a bunch of whatever-comes-after-Vulcaline and photons, in essence, about 2-3 million meseta).

Yoruichi
Dec 2, 2006, 07:45 AM
I don't find it that powerful in perspective to to those who can use it. If we had the numbers for the best A rank cast/beast usable double saber then compare to a newman I think the damage would be close. Human would topple the 3 I'd guess with 3rd best melee stats and a S to back it. Doesn't seem by much though till i see the numbers but a 70newman 10 fig only has under 530? atp.

uhawww
Dec 2, 2006, 09:23 AM
Having a ForteFighter on JP server, I will attest to the fact that Axes kick so much ass it's not even funny...

Arieta
Dec 2, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-12-02 04:37, Ravennittes wrote:
Remember, if you are planning to use Double Sabers (Figunner), keep in mind that the Double Crea Saber is Human/Newman only, and is really powerful (but hard to get the materials for, as it requires 15 Goldania, 2 Relics Edges, a bunch of whatever-comes-after-Vulcaline and photons, in essence, about 2-3 million meseta).

Actually, it's NOT Human and newman only. It's a TRUE crea, which means any race can use it. Crea *replicas* are for human and newman only, *true* crea's on the other hand can be used by anyone.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
^
and that is just totally grotesque, humans and newmans need something going for them, beasts and casts are already powerful as they are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-02 07:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-02 07:16 ]</font>

Jasam
Dec 2, 2006, 10:15 AM
I personly would put it down to what s rank meele weapons you want

Forte gets : Axes, Swords, Spears Knuckles, Claws and Twin claws
Figun gets: Double Sabers, Daggers, sabers, twin daggers and twin sabers

Forte gets duel handguns, mechs and crossbows and ATA as well
Forte gets more damaging stats and 80% PP usage on PAs

Both get Handguns and 1.25 bonus to PP recharge
Both can use A rank weapons the other gets S rank in, however Double saber and axe are ONLY usable by their respective classes

I think thats a nice summery of the diffrences http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KiteWolfwood
Dec 2, 2006, 06:15 PM
I am going Fighgunner just because it has my favorite weapons. S rank Twin daggers, S rank Dagger, A rank Twin handguns. Could care less about the Double Saber.

Trey_Winters
Dec 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
Originally, I was going to go Fortefighter, but after playing for a while, I now have a rather large appreciation for handguns, but not so much for the Ranger class (sorry to all Rangers, I just suck at it), and wanted to be able to use stronger bullets with my other attacks. Plus, I like daggers and sabers more than most of the Fortefighter S-Rank weapons (save for spear, of course), so it became a much easier decision for me because of that.

Of course, I'm still toiling with it. There's better defence and offence with Fortefighter, which I'm not totally convinced I want to give up on yet. So, yeah, I might be trying one then the other before I commit 100% to a winner. But, for now, Fighgunner is winning the race...

ProfessorZ
Dec 2, 2006, 06:36 PM
Fortefighter = Big ass troll
Figunner = Ryu Hayabusa

RadiantLegend
Dec 2, 2006, 07:15 PM
Srank Axe Nuff said!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2006-12-02 16:16 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Dec 2, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-12-02 15:15, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I am going Fighgunner just because it has my favorite weapons. S rank Twin daggers, S rank Dagger, A rank Twin handguns. Could care less about the Double Saber.

Quite. But, I can see myself switching down the line for the fun of it.

I vote both of them.

MXdude
Dec 2, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-12-02 06:44, Arieta wrote:

Actually, it's NOT Human and newman only. It's a TRUE crea, which means any race can use it. Crea *replicas* are for human and newman only, *true* crea's on the other hand can be used by anyone.

Thats lame...Casts and Beasts get EVERYTHING in this game...

Schubalts
Dec 2, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-12-02 16:57, MXdude wrote:

Take into account the insane rarity of real Creas and...

Alisha
Dec 3, 2006, 05:07 AM
i think figunner is more melee support and fortefighter is just pure damage.
Rising Crush puts monsters on the ground and can tip over large monsters and on its 3rd combo it can boot monsters.
Spiral Dance also puts monsters on ground and boots unwanted customers away from the group spiral dance olso sorta has a cone aoe effect. lastly if your a beast using a double saber or twin sabers,or any of the multihit weapons figunner excels at you will fill your nanoblast/suv guage faster than if you were using an axe.

Bleemo
Dec 3, 2006, 05:09 AM
Mmm... Axes...

I can't wait to hear the bitching from Forces when I toss mobs all over the place.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 3, 2006, 05:19 AM
either way both of these jobs are fun. Not like you'll be getting any S ranks this update so why not try both.

Lyrise
Dec 4, 2006, 02:07 AM
On 2006-12-02 06:23, uhawww wrote:
Having a ForteFighter on JP server, I will attest to the fact that Axes kick so much ass it's not even funny...

I will totally second that. I am currently a Newearl Fortefighter, not even level 10,and I can pull off damage numbers like, 1200+ per HIT using Anga Redda.

But asides from the axes, also because PP reduction as a special ability kicks so much butt on so many levels. I mean, along with a skillsave unit, 9PP Deus Daggas and 10PP Gravity Strike, just smokes the opposition BADLY.

hucast21
Dec 4, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-12-03 02:19, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
either way both of these jobs are fun. Not like you'll be getting any S ranks this update so why not try both.

A surprise for you:

In addition to the Guardian Missions, there are ton of additional updates to the game servers headed for December 8. Read on for a glimpse into what is coming your way:

* Seven new Advanced Class types will be available for Guardians
* New Weapons including Claw and Crossbow types
* New Photon Arts and TECHNICs
* New SUV Weapons
* A and S Rank weapons
* New Clothes and Parts
* New My Room Decorations
* New S-Rank missions for high level characters

Be sure to head on back on December 8 for additional information on all of these releases!

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php

ChocoboChad
Dec 4, 2006, 02:28 AM
Pretty evenly divided...

Lyrise
Dec 4, 2006, 11:32 AM
On 2006-12-03 23:24, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-12-03 02:19, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

A surprise for you:

In addition to the Guardian Missions, there are ton of additional updates to the game servers headed for December 8. Read on for a glimpse into what is coming your way:

* New SUV Weapons
* A and S Rank weapons
* New Clothes and Parts

Be sure to head on back on December 8 for additional information on all of these releases!

Bigger surprise. SoA will never overstep the boundaries that the JP updates set. That S Rank point is true, but there's only 1 in your update - Clairedoubles.

And to be realistic here, What do you think your chances of getting one are?

Arieta
Dec 4, 2006, 11:41 AM
Pretty slim, but you got one so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Even if I have to solo LL S over and over again I'll get it some time. Or just buy the board for it. Not right away of course, later on once I get my job leveled up and more levels etc.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
A surprise for you:

* New SUV Weapons
* A and S Rank weapons
* New Clothes and Parts

This is very misleading in the way that it is worded. There is only one S rank weapon coming out, if they add it that is. No more, as of yet. Dont bother getting your hopes up lol.

Mazoku
Dec 4, 2006, 01:22 PM
On 2006-12-02 07:15, Jasam wrote:
Forte gets duel handguns, mechs and crossbows and ATA as well

You mean fighgunner here, not fortefighter.

Ryoga4523
Dec 4, 2006, 01:34 PM
I just think that it sucks that Sega over powered Hunters in this one. I mean, as a figunner, you get your good selection of S rank weps, and you still get to keep your lvl 30 PA's and lvl 20 BA's.... WTF!!!! Even as a wartecher, or guntecher, you do not even get lvl 30 techs. I just think that it is really stupid that Sega focused on hunters more than any other class. I mean the forces do not even have most of their spells. And do not get me started on the rangers. Sega should realize that about 85% of the community is going to pick Figunners. I was thinking about going to Protranser, but then someone told me that they have the second lowest ATP out of all the classes, and that does not make any sense. They are there for the jack of all trades and have NO S rank weps, than why not make them the strongest class, especially if they have to get 5 job levels in each lower class. sorry about the rant, but I was just sort of fed up with how they totally raped rangers.

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:36 PM
luckily im a hunter....

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 4, 2006, 01:47 PM
well, the thing with Figunners getting level 30 PAs is that they get exclusive [S rank] access to certain weapons, so of course they should get level 30 PAs to the respective weapons that they have exclusive S ranking to. The same goes with Guntecher who are the only ones who can get certain guns at S rank, its just fair that they can get level 30 bullets. And I don't think that Hunters are overpowered, but if you think about it, I felt that Rangers were much more broken in PSO, they could just do damage from far away, just as good as a Hunter and not have to pay any drawbacks. But yeah, Rangers in this game are totally bad at soloing.

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
85% are prolly gonna be Fortefighters to be honest. And in all videogames, the jack of all trade job sacrifices strength to be evenly established in all areas....

Polenicus
Dec 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
On 2006-12-04 10:34, Ryoga4523 wrote:
I just think that it sucks that Sega over powered Hunters in this one. I mean, as a figunner, you get your good selection of S rank weps, and you still get to keep your lvl 30 PA's and lvl 20 BA's.... WTF!!!! Even as a wartecher, or guntecher, you do not even get lvl 30 techs. I just think that it is really stupid that Sega focused on hunters more than any other class. I mean the forces do not even have most of their spells. And do not get me started on the rangers. Sega should realize that about 85% of the community is going to pick Figunners. I was thinking about going to Protranser, but then someone told me that they have the second lowest ATP out of all the classes, and that does not make any sense. They are there for the jack of all trades and have NO S rank weps, than why not make them the strongest class, especially if they have to get 5 job levels in each lower class. sorry about the rant, but I was just sort of fed up with how they totally raped rangers.

Well, it's kinda refreshing for me, because in PSO Hunters were the gimped ones.

Ever played in Ultimate ruins, run into the room, only to find that a pair of rangers with Charge Vulcans had wiped the place clean before you even got into range? Or the idiocy that was spread needles, before they were gimped in Episode I & II?

Don't even get me started on boss fights.

Let's face it, in the last few Phantasy Star games, Rangers kicked our ASSES. Half the time as a Hunter I'd have to bust out a pair of mechguns and play Retarded Ranger just to get some XP.

And the poor Forces...

Boss fights STILL heavily favour Rangers, but at least we've got some of our own back. The PP limit on Ranger weapons is simple to overcome: Bring more guns.

I prefer to think that Rangers just got fewer upgrades over PSO than Hunters or Forces, because they didn't NEED upgrades.

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 01:59 PM
Yea, my RAmar raped all sorts of Anus in PSO. =D

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 4, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-12-04 10:55, Polenicus wrote:

Well, it's kinda refreshing for me, because in PSO Hunters were the gimped ones.

Ever played in Ultimate ruins, run into the room, only to find that a pair of rangers with Charge Vulcans had wiped the place clean before you even got into range? Or the idiocy that was spread needles, before they were gimped in Episode I & II?

Don't even get me started on boss fights.

Let's face it, in the last few Phantasy Star games, Rangers kicked our ASSES. Half the time as a Hunter I'd have to bust out a pair of mechguns and play Retarded Ranger just to get some XP.

And the poor Forces...

Boss fights STILL heavily favour Rangers, but at least we've got some of our own back. The PP limit on Ranger weapons is simple to overcome: Bring more guns.

I prefer to think that Rangers just got fewer upgrades over PSO than Hunters or Forces, because they didn't NEED upgrades.

Quoted for Truth
I hated how overpowered Rangers were in PSO, especially Mechguns and Spread Needles. Now that guns aren't as overpowered in PSU though, it made me like Twin Handguns(which are technically, the new Mechguns) and Crossbows(the new spread needles) cuz they seem to be really cool.

Skyly
Dec 4, 2006, 02:07 PM
What would be better.. I made a second character, Beast Hunter.. preparing to be a Figunner, should i have made a cast, or human, Figunner?

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-12-04 10:55, Polenicus wrote:

And the poor Forces...

FOnewearl.
Megid.
Seabed.

Ooops.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2006, 02:21 PM
yeah more are going to be fortefighters from what I have seen, because of the Axe

I want to be Figunner for my beast for the ATA boost, the dual handguns, and the S in my favorite weapons(no not doublesaber, the other 4)

THE JACKEL

Arieta
Dec 4, 2006, 02:25 PM
The Axe is drawing a crowd at the moment because of the high damage it can do. Which is fine by me, rather see more people spread out over the classes then all being figunners. I'm just curious how much they whiff with those weapons since they have low ATA.. I know double sabers do as well, but the figunner job gets a lot more ATA then forefighter.

Ryoga4523
Dec 4, 2006, 02:50 PM
Do not get me started on the huge PP cost for forces and rangers. Compared to a Hunter. I know what I am talking about, because I have used all three class passed a lvl 3 job class. I noticed that if all of my weps (as a ranger) where deplinished of their PP, it would cost me about 400-500 meseta to recharge them all. As a force it was roughly about the same, minus about 50 meseta. And as a Hunter, It has never cost me more than 200 meseta to refill all of my weps. I am just saying that it was slightly out balanced. not to mention that the new PA's look awesome compared to the Bullet Arts. heck, the rangers should be able to do like matrix style shots or Equilibrium style shooting with the dual handguns.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-12-02 17:02, Schubalts wrote:

On 2006-12-02 16:57, MXdude wrote:

Take into account the insane rarity of real Creas and...

And that Humans and Newmans get the bonus of being ably to equip ANYTHING in the game... All armor, weapons, you name it. As long as they are the right class they can use it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'm tired of people complaining about PP cost, because it's not true, 1 PP for a hunter is more expensive than 1 PP for a force/ranger, I've been all three and none is absurdly more expensive than any other, in fact I've spent more as a hunter than any other class, when all my weapons had 0 PP left

THE JACKEL

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 03:42 PM
Hunters pay pratically nothing in comparison to a to Force or Rangers, so they shouldn't bitch.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 03:45 PM
I carry, oh, 6 weapons that can cost me 1100 meseta when fully out. -.-' So shut it about PP k?

Genobee
Dec 4, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-12-04 12:40, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I'm tired of people complaining about PP cost, because it's not true, 1 PP for a hunter is more expensive than 1 PP for a force/ranger, I've been all three and none is absurdly more expensive than any other, in fact I've spent more as a hunter than any other class, when all my weapons had 0 PP left

THE JACKEL

Well Rangers and Forces just ruse PP alot more then hunter, A hunter who relys on PP like a force or Ranger, is a usless hunter.

tomkat492
Dec 4, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-10-15 07:29, Rizen wrote:
If you are a Figunner you might do something like this http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Video/?action=view&current=RizenMustDie.flv

that video is so awesome dude, im lookin forward to more of your work

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-12-04 12:40, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

No a hunter PP will never cost more than ranger/force PP. I can burn out all my PP on all my weapons and the most I will ever pay is about 260. Our meseta 'hurt' comes from mates which will out do PP costs of forces and ranges in some missions WITHOUT forces(or bad forces).Besides as a hunter you have to conserve PP and not spam it do death. Even I will admit that if you suddenly find yourself relying on PP to do high damage, it's a sign that it's times for a stronger weapon. The monster is going to take a hundred years to die no matter how much PA you use, so you might as well use it sparingly and strategically.

I carry, oh, 6 weapons that can cost me 1100 meseta when fully out. -.-' So shut it about PP k?
Some of your 'sisters and brothers' wont do anything but you know nuke. I like paying 3500 for mates(cause I'm not gonna ditch a party to go to a shop and by cheaper mates, I can do that on my own time) I suck as sarcasm, but you know..yea. We'll shut up when we all come to an understanding that we all pay a fuckload to be efficient in this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-04 15:14 ]</font>

tomkat492
Dec 4, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-12-04 11:50, Ryoga4523 wrote:
...new PA's look awesome compared to the Bullet Arts. heck, the rangers should be able to do like matrix style shots or Equilibrium style shooting with the dual handguns.

I agree

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-12-04 15:38 ]</font>

Sitka
Dec 4, 2006, 06:57 PM
I've been enjoying all the classes thus far.

On all platforms except gamecube I played every character available to me and leveled every character on xbox past level 150 cept ramar, humar and hunewearl which I took to level 40ish (enuff to get to ultimate).

Since we're limited to just four characters on PSU, I've thought about which ones I really wanted to try. I was influenced by many posts on this board and particularly by those from the players with JP experience with the expert levels.

Thus far, I like both the ranger and the tech-ranger pretty well for different reasons. My ranger is sitting at 49/10 on a male cast and I will continue to work him towards a forteranger. I really tried to like the shotgun, but I hate it so far - just too slow to be fun. As my rifles and twin guns leveled up, I found myself relying about 50/50 on Vullseyes and Dual Beatguns with the rifles for pinning dangerous enemies into corners and keeping them away and the dualies for close quarter mob attacks. The photon arts are nice at 20, but I'm looking forward to 20+ attacks.

The tech-ranger has been a very pleasant surprise. I took my female cast which was training as a hunter and switched her to a force with the goal of getting a gun-techer. Holy Shit! She totally kicks ass. She can solo areas far earlier than my ranger was able to do and can keep my pm and npcs alive easy with resta. On lower level runs she can destroy annoying beasts like the rhinos in relics easily with diga - fun stuff indeed. Best of all, however, is watching her work bows. Just fricking deadly and fast enough to take out mobs pretty quickly. Bosses are a joke. I made her to get the S rank Twin Guns, but I'm keeping her for the bows - she kicks ass!

My third character was a beast female and she will be a fortefighter. She also kicks total butt. I've enjoyed playing her so much that I finally went back and deleted my male beast hunter - she was more fun to watch honestly.

Finally, I started a female newman with a goal of making a fortetecher. They are like the fonewearls I remember - uber powerful at lower level runs and so easy to level up relative to my first ranger character.

Every character has many fun strengths to play with (cept maybe those lousy protransers), so I recommend playing with as many as you can and find the style that you enjoy the most.

Jasam
Dec 4, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hunters generaly get a higher mate cost.... and if they go PA nuts then can almost match a FO/RA for PA costs...
In a money pt, your not going to do that, But I tell ya, if i'm in an exp party, I'm going to blow every point of PP between each cube on the stage to make sure its as quick as possable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 07:19 PM
That IF PP cubes are close in vacanity, which they aren't. ; ;