PDA

View Full Version : An Expert Class list for those that want their PSO character

Mitz
Oct 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
It's a small list, don't expect too much. Basically what class(es) they resemble most.

First option > second option, etc.

HUmar = Fortefighter
HUmarl = Fortefighter, Wartecher
HUnewm = Wartecher
HUnewearl = Wartecher, maybe Fortefigher
HUcast = Fortefighter, Figunner, Protranser
HUcaseal = Figunner, Protranser
HUfur = Fortefighter
HUfurl = Fortefighter

RAmar = Guntecher, Fortegunner
RAmarl = Guntecher, Fortegunner
RAnewm = Guntecher, Fotecher
RAnewearl = Fotecher, Guntecher
RAcast = Fortegunner, Protranser
RAcaseal = Fortegunner, Protranser
RAfur = Figunner
RAfurl = Figunner

FOmar = Fortecher, Wartecher
FOmarl = Fortecher, Wartecher
FOnewm = Fotecher
FOnewearl = Fotecher
-Casts are weird to do, I could do the beast thing but..
FOcast = Guntecher, Wartecher
FOcaseal = Guntecher, Wartecher
FOfur = Wartecher
FOfurl = Wartecher

Hope it's useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizeru on 2006-10-14 13:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizeru on 2006-10-14 15:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizeru on 2006-10-15 13:59 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 14, 2006, 03:19 PM
This will be very helpful to those who wish to recreate PSO Characters, Great post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-14 13:23 ]</font>

Hrithmus
Oct 14, 2006, 03:20 PM
Sweet

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
awesum thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mitz
Oct 14, 2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks ^.^, any changes I should make?

Mitz
Oct 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
Anyone?

Banert
Oct 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
Naw, looks dead on, good job Rizeru.

mech259_
Oct 14, 2006, 10:01 PM
List fails because it compares nonexistant PSO classes to PSU ones, and also somehow seems to know what those made up classes would play like if they had existed.

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2006, 10:31 PM
offtopic posts after this one will score a full warning.

DrewSeleski
Oct 14, 2006, 10:31 PM
By that I mean fantastically hilarious

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 10:56 PM
thanx for postin that list makes the new characters seem less intimiditing when i can compare to stuff i seen and played before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arcturus
Oct 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
Good guide, but it's not too hard to figure out those things yourself. Still definitely doesn't hurt to have, though.

Itsuki
Oct 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
I dunno, after seeing the stats and abilities, I might have a bit different things to say. Also, mixing in the fictional classes kind of disqualifies most things.

First off, protranser, although it uses traps, isn't like any cast of PSO. They're frail, and more of a jack of all trades that fails at everything. Its an interesting thing indeed. I don't see the point of them. Perhaps they get some huge class bonuses or something.

Beyond that, the hybrid classes aren't quite what you'd initially expect them to be. Wartecher for example isn't a hunter and a force, its more of a force with huner abilities. Or you can look at something like a Fighgunner. It may sound like it'd be a hunter and a ranger, but thats not the only way to look at it. It can be looked at as a high evade high accuracy hunter.

Its even further worsened by the fact that rangers are nothing like the rangers of PSO. But, assuming you like rangers for ranged weapons, then I'd make it look more like this:

HUmar, HUcast: Fortefighter
HUcaseal: Fighgunner
HUnewearl: Fighgunner without techs, Wartecher with techs. (I'd lean towards fighgunner personally)

RAcast, RAcaseal: Fortegunner
RAmar: Fighgunner
RAmarl: Guntecher

FOmar, FOmarl: Wartecher
FOnewm, FOnewearl: Fortecher

Protranser... is like if you decided to make a character with lower attack and defence than a force, the magic ability of if a cast could use techs. And then gave them the ability to use traps instead.

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 08:13 AM
On 2006-10-14 22:27, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I dunno, after seeing the stats and abilities, I might have a bit different things to say. Also, mixing in the fictional classes kind of disqualifies most things.

First off, protranser, although it uses traps, isn't like any cast of PSO. They're frail, and more of a jack of all trades that fails at everything. Its an interesting thing indeed. I don't see the point of them. Perhaps they get some huge class bonuses or something.

Beyond that, the hybrid classes aren't quite what you'd initially expect them to be. Wartecher for example isn't a hunter and a force, its more of a force with huner abilities. Or you can look at something like a Fighgunner. It may sound like it'd be a hunter and a ranger, but thats not the only way to look at it. It can be looked at as a high evade high accuracy hunter.

Its even further worsened by the fact that rangers are nothing like the rangers of PSO. But, assuming you like rangers for ranged weapons, then I'd make it look more like this:

HUmar, HUcast: Fortefighter
HUcaseal: Fighgunner
HUnewearl: Fighgunner without techs, Wartecher with techs. (I'd lean towards fighgunner personally)

RAcast, RAcaseal: Fortegunner
RAmar: Fighgunner
RAmarl: Guntecher

FOmar, FOmarl: Wartecher
FOnewm, FOnewearl: Fortecher

Protranser... is like if you decided to make a character with lower attack and defence than a force, the magic ability of if a cast could use techs. And then gave them the ability to use traps instead.

Actually I don't see what's so bad about Protranser, they get skills and bullets up to 30, can use traps and can use a lot of weapons, given no s-ranks.

I will edit the protranser thing out if more people agree with you.

(and FOnewm/earl is already a fortecher >_>;)

And Mech you're partionally right but there's nothing wrong with adding a bit of info now is there?
Everyone else, thanks.

AC9breaker
Oct 15, 2006, 09:00 AM
Itsuki_chan just places too much worth on stats and forgets about some of the position and flanking bonuses one recieves in battle. Such as attacking enemies from the back, all shots/attacks are 100%acc. If you notice Protranser has alot of the big (crowd control weps) that work best at close distance. So you will a variety of Bullet elemntal shots to meet the situation accordingly and heavy melee weapons to finish the job. Lets not forget about freeze traps, they have always been useful and still are useful in PSU. Also the dot trap like burn which does a certain % of damage to enemy based on their hp will be super helpful when you get to A rank missions+ and enemies have like billions of hit points. Itsuki is right that protranser isn't like the racasts/caseals from PSO becuase in PSO you could just sit back and spam shots all day. Where as Protranser you WILL have to be a very active person on the field. Constantly switching up traps and weapons for the situation.

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 01:57 PM
Actually AC9breaker. The Protranser playstyle is EXACTLY how I play in PSO.

Tycho
Oct 15, 2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks. Now anyone could easily encage themselves in enstranglingly short-sighted and unnecessary paradigms whenever they'd like!

Zarbolord
Oct 15, 2006, 02:16 PM
My world 2 characters will be PSO oldies if we get world 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-10-15 12:13, Tycho wrote:
Thanks. Now anyone could easily encage themselves in enstranglingly short-sighted and unnecessary paradigms whenever they'd like!

Nah. That'd only happen whenever they listen to you.

Itsuki
Oct 15, 2006, 03:18 PM
I place emphasis in stats because as I've said in the protranser thread, the protranser can't actually equip half of the stuff its listed as being able to equip. You're basically forcibly gimped.

At level 50, you don't have the ability to equip anything above a 5s weapon. This means that weapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. Then, when viewed in a party setting. They not only have the lowest attack and accuracy of the group, they can't make up for it with weapons. To compound this, you also have 40% lower hp than nearly everyone, 50% lower hp than hunter based classes. You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.

I'm not saying that they can't be useful at all. Just that freeze traps, damage over time traps, and damage/knock down traps can be used by rangers, fortegunners, fighgunners, and guntechers already. So their additional usefulness is very limitted. Especially since there are a lot of monsters that have high enough END that status effects basically brush off of them, and there are a lot of monsters that can't be knocked down.

If you want to play like the casts of PSO, then you're more likely to want to go something like fighgunner, which is a higher accuracy, higher evade hunter that can use traps.

DurakkenX
Oct 15, 2006, 03:28 PM
Fortefighter is nothing like any class in PSO v.v please don't put it as such.

Figunners is closest to a HUcast/HUcaseal
Wartecher is closest to a HUnewearl/HUmar
Guntecher is closest to a RAmar/RAmarl
ForteGunner is closest to RAcast/RAcaseal
ForteForce is all of the PSO Forces

you can get more in depth than that, but really not necessary...for example
a Cast or Beast ForteTecher are more like FOmarls and FOmars

DizzyDi
Oct 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
Fortefighter = HuCast pretty much.

DurakkenX
Oct 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
no fortefighters are gimped versions of the basic hunter...

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-10-15 13:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I place emphasis in stats because as I've said in the protranser thread, the protranser can't actually equip half of the stuff its listed as being able to equip. You're basically forcibly gimped.

At level 50, you don't have the ability to equip anything above a 5s weapon. This means that weapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. Then, when viewed in a party setting. They not only have the lowest attack and accuracy of the group, they can't make up for it with weapons. To compound this, you also have 40% lower hp than nearly everyone, 50% lower hp than hunter based classes. You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.

I'm not saying that they can't be useful at all. Just that freeze traps, damage over time traps, and damage/knock down traps can be used by rangers, fortegunners, fighgunners, and guntechers already. So their additional usefulness is very limitted. Especially since there are a lot of monsters that have high enough END that status effects basically brush off of them, and there are a lot of monsters that can't be knocked down.

If you want to play like the casts of PSO, then you're more likely to want to go something like fighgunner, which is a higher accuracy, higher evade hunter that can use traps.

Alright, update.

Tycho
Oct 15, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-10-15 13:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
[... W]eapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. [...] You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.Huh? What makes you say that? Would units and perhaps a decent class level really not be able to make up for their relatively meagers stats later on? I thought their ability to wield A-rank Axes as well as Laser Cannons was pretty cool at least.

(@Rizeru: Yeah, especially since I never even tried to tell people what to do in the first place.)

Kupi
Oct 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-10-15 15:22, Tycho wrote:

(@Rizeru: Yeah, especially since I never even tried to tell people what to do in the first place.)

In Rizeru's defense, I haven't really seen where they're "telling people what to do". All I've seen presented is a short list of equivalents between PSO classes and PSU classes, for those who want to play a character with a similar role in PSU to what they played in PSO. Of course, there aren't a lot of perfect correlations, but that comes with the territory when the game engine changes. This is a guide, not a rule. Please don't jump to conclusions. =/

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 15, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-10-15 13:58, DurakkenX wrote:
no fortefighters are gimped versions of the basic hunter...

No, you mean ForteFighter's are the not-twin-headed-saber version of the basic hunter. They equip EVERYTHING melee but twin headed sabers.

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-10-15 15:58, Kupi wrote:

On 2006-10-15 15:22, Tycho wrote:

In Rizeru's defense, I haven't really seen where they're "telling people what to do". All I've seen presented is a short list of equivalents between PSO classes and PSU classes, for those who want to play a character with a similar role in PSU to what they played in PSO. Of course, there aren't a lot of perfect correlations, but that comes with the territory when the game engine changes. This is a guide, not a rule. Please don't jump to conclusions. =/

Don't worry Kupi. It's a personal grudge he's too pathetic to get rid of. He needs to realise that he is taking the internet too seriously. I was like him once but I slapped myself and said 'wtf am I doing?'. Now he needs to do the same XD

Thanks anyway though.

Itsuki
Oct 15, 2006, 08:01 PM
I don't play hunter, and haven't touched fortefighter. And although they don't excel in the swift weapons, they still can use them to quite an extent, with the exception of double sabers. That to me makes them seem like still truly hunter-like and gimp in no way.

@tycho: I'll admit I slightly exaggerate. I get emotional because people have this misconception that because they see pictures listing them as being able to equip these weapons, that every little protranser when they turn into a protranser is going to use these weapons as their staples.

Units don't effect what you can equip or not equip in PSU. And high class bonus may effect this. And truth is, I haven't seen what the the higher level class bonuses are like for the extended classes. Hunters get like 30 atp total from class level 1 to class level 7, and then get like 50 atp more from 8 to 10. Its still only 80-ish atp. Assuming a protranser gets something as high as 100atp, then it MIGHT be able to equip an axe by 60, but it'd definately be cutting it close, and you'd have to be beast or cast. Now, I think its unsafe to assume that they'll be getting that high. All the other classes basically get atp / ata bonuses similar to what their class is meant for. Since the protranser's starting stats are low, its pretty safe to assume that their class bonuses will also be low. Now, this could be entirely wrong. They are entirely different in every way from all other classes. they may get some huge class bonuses but very little from normal levels. But this would upset the balance of the game and I doubt sega would do such a thing. Then again, I could be proven wrong. Either way, it takes a long long time to level the expert jobs, so if you torture yourself through being a low level transer, perhaps they will reward you somehow.

Tycho
Oct 15, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:01, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Units don't effect what you can equip or not equip in PSU. And high class bonus may effect this. And truth is, I haven't seen what the the higher level class bonuses are like for the extended classes. Hunters get like 30 atp total from class level 1 to class level 7, and then get like 50 atp more from 8 to 10. Its still only 80-ish atp. Assuming a protranser gets something as high as 100atp, then it MIGHT be able to equip an axe by 60, but it'd definately be cutting it close, and you'd have to be beast or cast. Now, I think its unsafe to assume that they'll be getting that high. All the other classes basically get atp / ata bonuses similar to what their class is meant for. Since the protranser's starting stats are low, its pretty safe to assume that their class bonuses will also be low. Now, this could be entirely wrong. They are entirely different in every way from all other classes. they may get some huge class bonuses but very little from normal levels. But this would upset the balance of the game and I doubt sega would do such a thing. Then again, I could be proven wrong. Either way, it takes a long long time to level the expert jobs, so if you torture yourself through being a low level transer, perhaps they will reward you somehow.

Right, I see. I forgot about the units for a bit. I heard that class level-up bonuses increased later on though, so we could at least hope.

On 2006-10-15 17:44, Rizeru wrote:
It's a personal grudge he's too pathetic to get rid of.
Yeah, obviously.
I do not even know you. I do not see in what way it would be possible for people to immediately choose a style of play in PSU based on what they were doing in a different game, rather than just actually -trying- everything, then making a decision based on what they found more personally. There's probably some advanced logic behind its actual purpose though, which is way beyond me.

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 04:58 AM
On 2006-10-15 18:23, Tycho wrote:

On 2006-10-15 17:44, Rizeru wrote:
It's a personal grudge he's too pathetic to get rid of.
Yeah, obviously.
I do not even know you.

Then. I'd advise you to leave me alone instead of taking every chance you get to insult me. Cause you, sir, take the intraweb too seriously :3.

It's a frigging list, and I did tell you to not expect too much. If you want to make a chance, then do it like the normal people do and post the change you'd like to see.

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
I need to update list. What to change?

Blenjar
Oct 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
On 2006-10-14 13:18, Rizeru wrote:
It's a small list, don't expect too much. Basically what class(es) they resemble most.

First option > second option, etc.

HUmar = Fortefighter
HUmarl = Fortefighter, Wartecher
HUnewm = Wartecher
HUnewearl = Wartecher, maybe Fortefigher
HUcast = Fortefighter, Figunner, Protranser
HUcaseal = Figunner, Protranser
HUfur = Fortefighter
HUfurl = Fortefighter

RAmar = Guntecher, Fortegunner
RAmarl = Guntecher, Fortegunner
RAnewm = Guntecher, Fotecher
RAnewearl = Fotecher, Guntecher
RAcast = Fortegunner, Protranser
RAcaseal = Fortegunner, Protranser
RAfur = Figunner
RAfurl = Figunner

FOmar = Fortecher, Wartecher
FOmarl = Fortecher, Wartecher
FOnewm = Fotecher
FOnewearl = Fotecher
-Casts are weird to do, I could do the beast thing but..
FOcast = Guntecher, Wartecher
FOcaseal = Guntecher, Wartecher
FOfur = Wartecher
FOfurl = Wartecher

Hope it's useful.

by: Rizeru on 2006-10-15 13:59 ]</font>

This [insert bad word here] is freaking confusing me..al I know is im making a female beast hunter and a male newman force..end of story. Cant we just use the simple words??? God since when pso became so complicated with the races.

-- Blen

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 09:39 PM
Oh the stuff after the '=' are specialized classes. You should go to http://www.psupedia.org to find out about them.

Drown
Oct 16, 2006, 09:59 PM
Nice list, Rizeru.

I have no idea why some people are being so negative/hostile about it. It is just a list, people!

Thanks for the time and effort you've put in. Particularly since trying to draw direct parallel between classes in games where they are obviously quite different from one another is difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drown on 2006-10-16 20:00 ]</font>

Mitz
Oct 25, 2006, 06:26 PM
The game is out. Anyone of you tried this list out so far?