PDA

View Full Version : mic support

ghaleonreborn
Oct 14, 2006, 03:56 PM
why dont i hear anyone using it??? i mean its for the better of the game and i only heard like one person use it....what up people dont be shy!!!!

turtle323
Oct 14, 2006, 06:16 PM
I KNOW RIGHT man, i joined so many parties no one used mics and whats is ur account name so i can add you

Roguearthur
Oct 14, 2006, 06:18 PM
yea, i havent bought gold xbox no need yet, i got my old broke mic, but once the real game comes out im going to buy gold and get a mic.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 14, 2006, 06:19 PM
i think ppl talkin distracts from magic of PSU

ghaleonreborn
Oct 14, 2006, 06:20 PM
gamertag : Ghaleon1010

Starshape
Oct 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
do you need goldmembership to use the headset?

TCampbell76
Oct 14, 2006, 06:47 PM
The built in voice chat does not work in any of the game lobbies, it only activates once your in a party. Which is good, PSU's lobbies are huge and it would be incredibly obnoxious. This keeps the immature shouting matches or people forcing their cliche taste of music into the lobbies via mic - out of the game.

hans4
Oct 14, 2006, 06:51 PM
lucky ***** that have xbox live........im sitting here with my ps2.....atleast u can play the game......its great isnt it????

hans4
Oct 14, 2006, 06:51 PM
lucky ***** that have xbox live........im sitting here with my ps2.....atleast u can play the game......its great isnt it????

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
Because I would much rather listen to my music instead of be required to listen to someone that I don't want to. The idea of having to use not only my mic, but my headset for every party isn't a quaint little thought.

Mics in online RPG's are foreign outside of organized groups, that won't change for a long while. I only use mine with friends and associates.

TCampbell76
Oct 14, 2006, 06:59 PM

360 version is nice, but because this game is bound by the graphical limitations of the PS2 the same way FFXI is... it doesn't fully utilize the systems potential. You can only res up textures so high and they can't be improved for a port because they would've had to redevelop the game from the ground up to fully utilize a PC or 360's potential. Not a Sony hater, but making it viable for PS2 limits things in a graphical development sense for the PC and 360 ports, they should've made it for PS3.

I actually love how voice chat is setup in PSU, in the party only. I am usually not one to like voice in a mmo from playing FFXI and WoW, but this is nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TCampbell76 on 2006-10-14 17:18 ]</font>