PDA

View Full Version : Red boxes?

Arcturus
Oct 15, 2006, 11:15 AM
They still there? Anyone got a pic? I just need to know what to instantly and instinctively run towards in the game.

Kyuu
Oct 15, 2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, there are still the red boxes for rare items, although it's not the same crimson red as it was in PSO. A little more orangish, but still easily recognizable.

Yoiyami
Oct 15, 2006, 11:19 AM
Uh oh. The rare race, eh? That was a lot of fun in PSO:BB, actually. As soon as something red appeared, everyone would drop everything and run for it. One guy had the entire room on his tail while he was running for the red drop. XD

Diablohead
Oct 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
Most pickups now are a green triangle with a symbol floating above them, the symbol is a deep orange to red if its a rare, and the shape will tell you if its a crafting item, weapon etc.

jnblz316
Oct 15, 2006, 11:24 AM
Has anyone run into the Rappys yet? I had two run in with them any they gave alot of exp and drop alot of meseta along with rappy feathers. But the funny this i picked up the rappy feathers any they do not show up in my invetory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 15, 2006, 11:25 AM
And then everyone know's what you got when you pick it up, too. It announces rare drops on the right side.

Kyuu
Oct 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-10-15 09:19, Yoiyami wrote:

Uh oh. The rare race, eh? That was a lot of fun in PSO:BB, actually. As soon as something red appeared, everyone would drop everything and run for it. One guy had the entire room on his tail while he was running for the red drop. XD
That's why there are now looting options. Most groups will probably be using Random Distribution rather than Finders Keepers (the latter being the PSO-style looting of first come, first serve). So, that guy will be wasting his time pretty much, and probably getting a boot anyway after revealing what a greedy bastard he is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-15 09:27 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 15, 2006, 11:30 AM
Lately with friends on the 360 beta I set normal items to random and rares to whoever picks them up, I find that pretty fair with friends.

Yoiyami
Oct 15, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-10-15 09:26, Kyuu wrote:

That's why there are now looting options. Most groups will probably be using Random Distribution rather than Finders Keepers (the latter being the PSO-style looting of first come, first serve). So, that guy will be wasting his time pretty much, and probably getting a boot anyway after revealing what a greedy bastard he is.

That's great to hear. ^_^

Sorry Arc, but it looks like your running will be for naught.

Arcturus
Oct 15, 2006, 11:37 AM
Awwww. It was always so fun to point and laugh at friends who were right behind you when you picked up the rare. Then again, it sucked when they did the same to you.

Yoiyami
Oct 15, 2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I know. But I seemed to have better reflexes than most of the people I grouped with.

And being a girl and all, I usually got them either way... I never asked for anything, though... *sweat*

EDIT: Stinky typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-15 09:45 ]</font>

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
I kinda of like the way it was on pso though. Because if you set it to normal people who do absolutely nothing in the party have a chance to get the rare item. I believe those who work should get the item. So it would have been better if you killed the enemy you get the rare it dropped. That way everyone will focus on enemies and not sit back and wait on rares.

Yoiyami
Oct 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
There's a booting option, though. So it's up to you to let someone wait on rares.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 12:05 PM
Thats good i didnt know about that. Finally you can boot someone who wont leave so you can have a friend play.

John_117
Oct 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
Personally,from my experience...I did like running up and finding rares now and then,but what really upsets me if when youre fighting a room full of people and someone runs off and starts jacking all the items while everyone is distracted...honestly,how annoying.I prefer the either random or set item distribution setting,simply so people start concentrating on the game and not about the boxes in the corner.I mean its not like we dont know you didnt get the rare people,it shows up in huge letters on everyones screen,lol

adamgnome104
Oct 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
I found a red item yesterday but I couldn't pick it up because I had too many items in my inventory!!

I was so pissed haha.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 01:22 PM
Lol I hate it when that happens. It happened to my cast alot on pso because i picked up stuff to sell alot

Zarbolord
Oct 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
The distribution is cool, and with a good team, you can then share the rares and give them to who needs it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Animosity
Oct 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-10-15 09:26, Kyuu wrote:

nah most groups use the give finder option and there is alot of stealing.

Skyly
Oct 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
Boxes in the beta are a big waste of time. People run towards the boxes thinking their going to get a rare. But yet its just little ole synthesis items. And they keep doing it and doing it and doing it. Pretty annoying

Ryoga4523
Oct 15, 2006, 04:21 PM
lol, I cannot not wait to start getting the really good items at higher levels. Is teh level cap still 50???

Kyuu
Oct 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-10-15 11:59, Animosity wrote:

nah most groups use the give finder option and there is alot of stealing.
Let me rephrase. Most groups you'd actually want to party with will probably use the random or modified random distribution settings. I personally would never participate in a group that didn't unless I knew and trusted every member of the party.