PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

Veneratius
Oct 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
Sorry if this is a redundant post, but I was wondering if the final release was going to have HD graphics or not. This seems to be running at a very low res. Thanks for any info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

parabolee
Oct 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
Well I presume you have it on a high def TV?

Anyway there are some lower resolution textures left over from the PS2 version but overall the 360 version looks a LOT better than the PS2 version. It's certainly not the best port ever but it's good enough to make playing the 360 version a much prefferable option.

I have played 7 hours into the PS2 version and I was honestly suprised how much nicer looking the 360 version was.

John_117
Oct 15, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-10-15 10:28, parabolee wrote:
Well I presume you have it on a high def TV?

Anyway there are some lower resolution textures left over from the PS2 version but overall the 360 version looks a LOT better than the PS2 version. It's certainly not the best port ever but it's good enough to make playing the 360 version a much prefferable option.

I have played 7 hours into the PS2 version and I was honestly suprised how much nicer looking the 360 version was.

PC for the win!!,heck my pc can even make FFXI fun to look at n_n..yeah im not happy with the quality of work thats coming out of the 360..my wife played on the 360 while I played on my computer,and she was not happy how much the graphics were reduced as well as how much the range of your view was..I can only hope PSU supports some sort of HDTV...Anyway I dont own one but either way the graphics are too bad for the 360,so its not like youll be playing WOW or something XD

Veneratius
Oct 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
yeah, I do have a HDTV, I guess I just expected there to be some higher res textures even for the port. I kinda thought there was a smaller range of view also. It's just that with what the xbox360 can do, I thought they would've put a little more into the graphics. I'm still most definitely going to be getting the game, just a tad disappointed in that department. Other than that though the game is awesome!

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
Definitely gettin it for pc. Alienware computer that more than doubles the system requirements and a 24 inch flat screen hd monitor.

Veneratius
Oct 15, 2006, 12:42 PM
I guess the reason i'm a little dissappointed is because I know what this game could look like if they used next-gen grahpics, lol. Just imagine this with "Just Cause" graphics for scenery and DoA4 for character models.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
it's a port, not a different game altogether

obviously the pc version might "look" better because it's a smaller screen

however, the xbox 360 pretty much should be pumping the best graphics easily that pretty much only a high-end PC could manage.

foamcup
Oct 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-10-15 10:38, Veneratius wrote:
yeah, I do have a HDTV, I guess I just expected there to be some higher res textures even for the port. I kinda thought there was a smaller range of view also. It's just that with what the xbox360 can do, I thought they would've put a little more into the graphics. I'm still most definitely going to be getting the game, just a tad disappointed in that department. Other than that though the game is awesome!

Heh, the PC can do higher res textures too, but we just got a quick PS2 port. Damn the PS2! We can't even run antialiasing on it, forcing it at the driver level does nothing. At least anisotropic filtering works.

VioletSkye
Oct 15, 2006, 01:12 PM
The following differences refer to graphics only and does not apply to features/server connections. If anything I have posted is incorrect please let me know so I can change it.

PS2 version - Low resolution and has slowdown. No widescreen support.

PC version - Capable of the highest resolution 1280x1024 (if you have a pc that can run it) and on the other side of the coin can also have a really low resolution 640x480 and massive slowdown. Also for pcs barely meeting the specs, it will look worse than the PS2 version and probably have more slowdown. Obviously your PSU experience on PC is directly related to your hardware. No widescreen supprt.

XBox 360 version - Has next best resolution 720p. Appears to run at a steady 60FPS and does have widescreen support.

Lovejuice
Oct 15, 2006, 01:37 PM
I have experienced slowdown on the 360 Beta in parties of 3+ people, which is a bit disheartening.

Sorry, but it will be absolutely ridiculous if there is slowdown in the final retail product. It's just lazyness. The 360 is more than capable of running PSU without it. Here's hoping this really is just an early build they've had stored away for a while, and that the code on the out-in-9-days-time final pressed discs has actually been optimized for the system.

On a sligthly different note, something changed graphicswize in the latest JP PSU patch for the PC. It's smoother and quicker and no one is really too sure what they've actually done to the rendering engine to improve things, but they have.

Animosity
Oct 15, 2006, 01:52 PM
what mmorpg has better graphics then psu on 360?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-10-15 11:52, Animosity wrote:

A lot of them. Because 360 got halfassed just like PC did. I mean, come on, no normal mapping OR real-time shadows and reflections in a 360 game? That should tell you something right there, they probably slapped some AA on it and called it a day.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-10-15 12:51, Mag_Launcher wrote:

A lot of them. Because 360 got halfassed just like PC did. I mean, come on, no normal mapping OR real-time shadows and reflections in a 360 game? That should tell you something right there, they probably slapped some AA on it and called it a day.

If it's like the Pc version, then there isn't even any AA.

Then again, I don't give a shit what it looks like, as long as it's fun to play.

Animosity
Oct 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-10-15 12:51, Mag_Launcher wrote:

k tell me one. if you say WoW im gonna laugh in your face.

qoxolg
Oct 15, 2006, 03:43 PM
I've played the game on various resolutions:

on 1024x768 it looks ALOT worse! O_O it's terrible! one plus point is that it really is 4:3.. so 1280x1024 for the 360 wouldn't be a problem.

on 720p it looks much much better! looks alot better than anything I have seen from the PC version. For some reason the dept of field, lighting and lightblooms look different than what I have seen from the PC version..

about slowdown: 80% of all demo's got more slowdown than the full version.