PDA

View Full Version : Casual player friendly?

Hoggle
Oct 15, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hi all, new to the game and currently playing the 360 Beta, and I'm enjoying it so far actually, but I have one concern. I'm not one that has time to invest long nights of playing, something that is needed for something along the lines of FFXI. I noticed that you need to repeat the missions over again to get to the next set.

I'm wondering if this would be casual gamer friendly. Since it could take quite a while to have to go through everything all over again to get to a stage that you may have made it to once before in a marathon session.

Say for example I start on mission 1 and get up through mission 4. At this time I need to end my game for whatever reason. I then decide to come back to the game on a later date, and would like to go back up to mission 4 or so, but I know that I need to go back through the first three all over again, I'm wondering how time consuming this could become just to get to a new area.

Like I said, I really am enjoying the game, I just had that concern right now. Thanks for any help from those who may have some experience with the Phantasy Star games.

klunka
Oct 15, 2006, 06:08 PM
You've got it, at least it was that way in PSO. This is definitely the casual gamers MMO, if you can even call it an MMO really. The system isn't that difficult, most quests don't run more than an hour or so. Good times.

BioWarrior
Oct 15, 2006, 06:08 PM
You would have to start over again, but I think its usually just Mission 1 with a subboss and then Mission 2 with a boss.

It's definently alot more casual gamer friendly compared to FFXI though... I played FFXI for a while and its just annoying having to wait over a day if your unlucky just to do one thing

Farrmark
Oct 15, 2006, 06:10 PM
Apart from the monthly fee, everyting about PSO/PSO is casual and relaxed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Emrald
Oct 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
BUt if your like me and want to spend almost all your freetime playing it and be hard core....the game is also set up for people like that...perfect balence of being able to be casual or hard core

BioWarrior
Oct 15, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-10-15 16:28, coolcat33333 wrote:
BUt if your like me and want to spend almost all your freetime playing it and be hard core....the game is also set up for people like that...perfect balence of being able to be casual or hard core

Indeed it is a perfect balance, and just as much enjoyable either way you play it. Also since theres no "Official" guilds/clans forced into the game there wont be any BS about people only doing stuff with their guilds/clans, I encountered that alot in FFXI after the second expansion... it was a bit dissapointing after moving from PSOGC to it bleh.

Earthsunderer
Oct 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
Casual friendly games are always ideal for "hardcore nerds with no life like the brats in South Park who leveled seven weeks in the forest killing boars for 2 XP each" too, yes... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yes... The Prophecy has told of those who have no life...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Earthsunderer on 2006-10-15 16:36 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 15, 2006, 07:06 PM
The missions are made in such a way that they're pretty short. If you're trying to get to one of the 'outposts' again, you could just decide to join whatever game is closest to clearing the mission, so you could pretty much get there in a minute. Decently casual-friendly I think.