PDA

View Full Version : Another quick question about PC Version (WASD)

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:02 PM
Just curious does anyone know if the PC Version will allow WASD movement or is it just Point and Click to move? I am hoping for WASD movement but will be happy either way. Thanks in advance guys.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 15, 2006, 08:03 PM
i dont think u can use mouse period lol hope this helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Drown
Oct 15, 2006, 08:04 PM
The trend in PS games is that the mouse isn't used at all.

So that should make things simple.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:04 PM
Oh Really, wow. Never would have thought that. So everything is keyboard based then? That's different. I would really still like to have Mouse freelook though, will miss that if it isn't a part of it.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:06 PM
This will be my first PS game so I appreciate all your help. On the same topic anyone know of a link as to maybe what keys will be for what? Also anyone know if they will allow you to change the keybindings or be able to do macros. I doubt the later I guess due to the fact it wouldn't work for consoles I don't guess.

SpishackCola
Oct 15, 2006, 08:25 PM
I believe you could change keybinds in PSO:BB. As for macros, once you play the game you'll understand why there are none. I would give a better response to the macro question but my brain isn't allowing me to come up with a coherent answer to it right now :/

-Break-
Oct 15, 2006, 08:26 PM
If you're playing on PC get a controller, otherwise its just a pain the ass.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks. I am starting to wonder if maybe the game isn't for me as I am not really one for liking controller use. But the game does look fun so I guess I will go ahead and give it a try. I do have it on preorder. Have you actually played the PC version break (as in beta or the Japanese version)?

Miyoko
Oct 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
Get a controller. It'll help tremendously.

And really, this game is far, far better with a controller than the keyboard/mouse setup. Keep an open mind, and you'll quickly see so, too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
It will just take some gettin used to with the keyboard. Plus once you get used to the keyboard you will be able to move better than with a controler. also you dont have to put down a controler to type a message.

AnamanaAU
Oct 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
The main thing you need to realise is that the game wasn't designed for keyboard. It's an action RPG console game. It's really fast paced, do you want to be using a keyboard for this?

Tystys
Oct 15, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:40, JubeiSaotome wrote:
The main thing you need to realise is that the game wasn't designed for keyboard. It's an action RPG console game. It's really fast paced, do you want to be using a keyboard for this?

He's right you know XD. The 360 controller is great for the game, if you ask me.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 15, 2006, 08:44 PM
good to know glad ive got 1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:48 PM
I will try out a 360 controller for my PC. Hate to spend $40 on one so first I will try it via Keyboard. I am a fast keyboardist so maybe it will not be so bad to me. I haven't ever really been found of controllers myself when it comes to PC gaming but as you guys mentioned this is a console centric game. You guys are so helpful, I am excited about becoming part of the community.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 08:49 PM
Yes i want to use the keyboard for this. It saves time in a fast paced action game like you said. Its easier for me to move with wsad than a directional pad. I hate having to set down the controler in the middle of a fight to let someone know you need help. So the difference in living or dying can be in the use of a keyboard or a controler

Realmz
Oct 15, 2006, 08:49 PM
i dunno what you all are talking about, bunch of consolers i say!

i use the keyboard and so far i havn't missed a beat, maybe i'm just more used to it (then again it seems out of all my friends i'm the only one with no problem going from one controller to another)

also yes you can easily change the key congifuration, in fact it fixed the only real problem i had, which was backspace as the negate key (now it's the plus key above enter on the number pad, much easer for me to reach)

get more dexterity in your figers not just your thumbs!

On 2006-10-15 18:48, NeuroNomad wrote:
I will try out a 360 controller for my PC. Hate to spend $40 on one so first I will try it via Keyboard. I am a fast keyboardist so maybe it will not be so bad to me. I haven't ever really been found of controllers myself when it comes to PC gaming but as you guys mentioned this is a console centric game. You guys are so helpful, I am excited about becoming part of the community.

if theres one thing i've learned from my Game Design/level layout/sculpture/3d teacher it's that there is no such thing as a "consol game" anything on a consol is simply a port, playing a game on the computer is the closest thing you will get to the actual in house game (and really he should know, he's been the cinmeatic director for many of Sid Meiers games). Basically unless Sonic Team also used 360 and ps2 controllers for all their testing and playthroughs, you're playing the game the way THEY did.

then again i also find a sort of enjoyment in being able to set up the controls to fit me personally

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-10-15 18:57 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Oct 15, 2006, 08:50 PM
At least with a console you have the keys you need and not 500 extra ones you hit by mistake.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
lol standard us kb has like 150 keys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
Lol if you have half a brain and can type then you wont make a mistake with the keyboard.

Tystys
Oct 15, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:49, Musashy wrote:
Yes i want to use the keyboard for this. It saves time in a fast paced action game like you said. Its easier for me to move with wsad than a directional pad. I hate having to set down the controler in the middle of a fight to let someone know you need help. So the difference in living or dying can be in the use of a keyboard or a controler

I can see your point, but really, if you ever get the chance to play PSO:BB before you play PSU, you'll find that there are times where you just wish that you had a controller XD

AnamanaAU
Oct 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:49, Musashy wrote:

So, get a mic and voice chat with ventrilo in the background. Really, I've never died because of chatting in game. Unless you're chatting WHILE AN ENEMY IS ATTACKING YOU!!

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
I did play Blue Burst. At the first i thought the controler was better but when i got used to the keyboard i found it much more convinient. Typing with the controler on gc was hell and thats all there is to it. Keyboard>>>>>>>>than controler QFT

You will get tired of the controler switching I promise you that. I guess some of you have never played games with the keyboard before lol. Also if you played on ultimate before you know that enemies in ruins surround you and you get caught. Also you can get frozen. Wouldnt it suck if you took to much time switching from controler to keyboard to ask to get healed or for a lil help. Communication is a key part to the game and doing it quickly is a major factor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Musashy on 2006-10-15 19:00 ]</font>

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks Realmz. I think based on 1/2 saying go controller and 1/2 saying stick to the keyboard that I will first use the keyboard and if I see it will be a problem then I will invest the $40 for a nice controller. I don't see a reason at this point getting a controller for just this game alone. I am a big FPS player as well as MMO player and never had any problems playing with the keyboard.

Sounds like a pretty big toss-up so far. Maybe console gamers are a bit partial to controllers thus the lean towards that.

Either way I am glad that everyone is giving me input. I really am excited about the game. I just learnt about it the other day (and placed it on preorder as soon as I saw a couple videos of PSU on YouTube). I am willing to put up with a little learning curve getting used to the non-standard PC gaming controls if I must.

Quick question Realmz, is the movement set to WASD by default?

Tystys
Oct 15, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:58, NeuroNomad wrote:
Thanks Realmz. I think based on 1/2 saying go controller and 1/2 saying stick to the keyboard that I will first use the keyboard and if I see it will be a problem then I will invest the $40 for a nice controller. I don't see a reason at this point getting a controller for just this game alone. I am a big FPS player as well as MMO player and never had any problems playing with the keyboard.

Sounds like a pretty big toss-up so far. Maybe console gamers are a bit partial to controllers thus the lean towards that.

Either way I am glad that everyone is giving me input. I really am excited about the game. I just learnt about it the other day (and placed it on preorder as soon as I saw a couple videos of PSU on YouTube). I am willing to put up with a little learning curve getting used to the non-standard PC gaming controls if I must.

Yes, the default is WASD. I am not really a console gamer myself, but I found the controller to work alot better than I thought it would.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:03 PM
Since you have played games with the keyboard before it won't take you long to learn. Welcome to Phantasy Star Crack my friend lol. Now your addicted for life. jk

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 09:04 PM
Be it keyboard or controller that I end up using, I am so excited about the game. I don't know what it is about the game that has me as hyped as it does. But after seeing the videos last night I was like Zomg how did I let this one fly under my radar.

I was a little concerned from the videos as to the contolling and UI. It for sure a lot different than the other MMOS I am used to, WoW, GW, EQ2, etc.

Kyuu
Oct 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
I'm a plenty fast typist, and I've played plenty of FPSs that use WASD and the mouse. As far as Phantasy Star Online was concerned, it was designed around using a controller, and I personally couldn't tolerate using the keyboard controls. Just isn't as natural, and I, personally, have never seen anyone using the keyboard controls having the same amount of control as someone using a controller.

Of course, it's personal preference, but I definitely recommend a controller for this game. A PS2 or 360 controller are both great fits.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-10-15 19:03, Musashy wrote:
Since you have played games with the keyboard before it won't take you long to learn. Welcome to Phantasy Star Crack my friend lol. Now your addicted for life. jk

Thanks. Here is to hoping that PSU can forever flush the Warcrack from my veins. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Realmz
Oct 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:58, NeuroNomad wrote:

yes its wsad be default, and using your weapons is done with the up, right and down buttons.

theres a translation of the config menu in the guides section

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2432

scroll down to keyboard set up.

if you think it might be hard put your hands on the keys and do some "mock fights" with just the board (oh god i'm strange...)

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah its a lot different. Its a lil more simplistic i guess but in a good way. Good variety of items and abilities and a good society to play in. Get ready to log in some hours because its hard to put down. Whats your character name gonna be so that i will know ya if i run into you?

Realmz
Oct 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-10-15 19:06, NeuroNomad wrote:
[quote]

Thanks. Here is to hoping that PSU can forever flush the Warcrack from my veins. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

haha thankfully i've already got all that out thanks to Space Cowboy Online.

since Musashy (and i'm interested in playing with a fellow keyboard user) I'm gonna be Realmz (oh i'm so original sometimes) hope ta see you online

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
Aight i will be Musashy lol Black Fleshy cast with white hair prolly.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks Realmz. A lot of those seems pretty straight forward. I think I might would end up remapping the weapon arrow keys to home,pgup and pgdwn but other than that they look like they will be simple enough. Actually the more I think about it the more I like the idea of not having to use a mouse and being able to keep both hands on the keyboard.

Arcturus
Oct 15, 2006, 09:13 PM
I played PSO:BB using my laptop keyboard extensively. After the initial setup and short period of getting used to what keys do what, I never had a problem with it. Also, typing out messages was infinitely easier than using a controller.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2006-10-15 19:14 ]</font>

Realmz
Oct 15, 2006, 09:15 PM
come my keyboarding brothers! soon all of PSU will tremble!

and then, then my friends, we shall have some cake

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm.......cake.................

bleyzwun
Oct 15, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yup. Best thing to do is go out and get an Xbox 360 controller (or the logitech joints that look like ps2... I have both and prefer the xbox one). It shouldnt be that bad using a keyboard but why do it if you have the option to use a controller. Remember this game is nothing like FFXI, WoW, Lineage, EQ, etc. This is a more action oriented online rpg. Out of all the MMOs out tho, i would have to say wow is the most similar when it comes to action. Still a very different game.

Kizzy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:04, Drown wrote:

Doesn't the PC version of FFXI use the mouse to do everything, though?

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 09:19 PM
I like cake. Can we also have some ice-cream on the side.

Honestly Realmz I will be there right with you pounding the keys. My keyboard is my friend, hate to leave him set aside, lol.

On a serious note guys you all really show a newcomer to the PSU that the game has a nice community. On most MMOs I have played by now this thread would have went into a lot of flaming. Instead you guys have been so mature and pointing out the pros/cons of the question asked. Thank you all so much yet again. It really makes me that more excited to get this game.

AnamanaAU
Oct 15, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:56, Musashy wrote:
I did play Blue Burst. At the first i thought the controler was better but when i got used to the keyboard i found it much more convinient. Typing with the controler on gc was hell and thats all there is to it. Keyboard>>>>>>>>than controler QFT

You will get tired of the controler switching I promise you that. I guess some of you have never played games with the keyboard before lol. Also if you played on ultimate before you know that enemies in ruins surround you and you get caught. Also you can get frozen. Wouldnt it suck if you took to much time switching from controler to keyboard to ask to get healed or for a lil help. Communication is a key part to the game and doing it quickly is a major factor.
Making a mountain out of a molehill IMO.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:20 PM
If you played Blue Burst you should know that it is very easy to play this game with the keyboard. All you use is wasd and the arrow keys. Save your money and get used to the keyboard you will have an easier time enjoying the game.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:27 PM
Maybe lol. But some people are hardcore ya know. Really everybody will excel in different areas. If your a person who can use the keyboard well and have experience with computer games then go the keyboard route. If you play mainly console games and are only nimble with your thumbs then go with the controler. Agreed? lol Debates are fun

NeuroNomad i am from western kentucky also what part are you from?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Musashy on 2006-10-15 19:28 ]</font>

Realmz
Oct 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
"No i'm right"
"Well i'm righter then you!"

lol chances are on thw wow forums, the topic would have changed into some sort of meme by the fifth post lol

Kyuu
Oct 15, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-10-15 19:18, Kizzy wrote:

On 2006-10-15 18:04, Drown wrote:

Doesn't the PC version of FFXI use the mouse to do everything, though?
By PS, I'm pretty sure he meant Phantasy Star, not Playstation.

On 2006-10-15 19:20, JubeiSaotome wrote:

On 2006-10-15 18:56, Musashy wrote:

Making a mountain out of a molehill IMO.

QFT. Also, that's what chat shortcuts are for. Can put together a nice little yell for help, with a Cut-in Chat for emphasis, and spam that to hell and back without ever touching the keyboard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-15 19:35 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:41 PM
I'm going to be using a keyboard to, I find it much easier then using a controller. But i also play mostly PC games so that might be it. I't also just feels ackward using a controller playing a PC game LOL.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:46 PM
Thats true it does feel awkward.

Hey NeuroNomad what part of western kentucky you live in?

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 09:46 PM
On 2006-10-15 19:41, Ecstasy wrote:
I'm going to be using a keyboard to, I find it much easier then using a controller. But i also play mostly PC games so that might be it. I't also just feels ackward using a controller playing a PC game LOL.

Yeah it does seem strange using a controller with a desktop for sure. It has been a decade (at least) since I last used a controller to play a PC game.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 09:50 PM
Lol thats a while back.

What county you in NeuroNomad?

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 10:04 PM
United States, Kentucky. Yeah I am a old fart, 33. LOL.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 10:05 PM
No i ment county lol im from western kentucky also. Graves County for me

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 10:06 PM
Graves too. lol. I live outside Symsonia going towards Mayfield on 131. Woot. Cool to find someone else in the area that will be playing.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 10:09 PM
Sweet i live in wingo off of 339 and 58. Small world huh? i have a friend that goes to graves with me thats goin to play too. We should find each other on the servers and play together.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 10:11 PM
Sounds cool. I am a GCHS Grad myself, Class of 91. (Gee that was a long time ago).

Yeah very small world. Though must say that is the first time I ran into anyone on an MMO forum that lived in the same county as me.

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 10:14 PM
Lol yeah Im a senior at the high school this year. First time i ran into someone i didnt already know lived in my county. Keep in touch when we start playin and we can party together.

NeuroNomad
Oct 15, 2006, 10:18 PM
Will do, glad to have already made some friends to play the game with.

AC9breaker
Oct 15, 2006, 11:40 PM
You can't strafe and shoot with keyboard. You hold down so many buttons performing that action that the keyboard doesn't pick it up. Ever mash down all your keys on a keyboard and hear it make a bleeping sound? Well thats kinda the same thing. You can't shoot and strafe which is a really important aspect. PSU is totally a controller based game. I had been playing the JP version for about a month with keyboard untill I finally bought myself a wired Xbox360 controller a few days ago. Much better, much smoother, and really comfortable. Oh yeah, and I can shoot and strafe.

Also don't think I am more aligned to consoles. I personally prefer mouse and kb on FPS over controllers and even play a few RTS games that could only be played on keyboard. So take my words as an unbiased gamer. It would behoove you to just buy a controller. If you don't wanna justify 40 bucks for 360 controller,(best controller to date) You could buy a logitech wireless controller for like 20 bucks. Its wireless, comfortable, feels like Playstation controller, and rumbles!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-10-15 21:47 ]</font>

Cigaro
Oct 15, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-10-15 18:49, Realmz wrote:
i dunno what you all are talking about, bunch of consolers i say!

i use the keyboard and so far i havn't missed a beat, maybe i'm just more used to it (then again it seems out of all my friends i'm the only one with no problem going from one controller to another)

also yes you can easily change the key congifuration, in fact it fixed the only real problem i had, which was backspace as the negate key (now it's the plus key above enter on the number pad, much easer for me to reach)

get more dexterity in your figers not just your thumbs!

On 2006-10-15 18:48, NeuroNomad wrote:

if theres one thing i've learned from my Game Design/level layout/sculpture/3d teacher it's that there is no such thing as a "consol game" anything on a consol is simply a port, playing a game on the computer is the closest thing you will get to the actual in house game (and really he should know, he's been the cinmeatic director for many of Sid Meiers games). Basically unless Sonic Team also used 360 and ps2 controllers for all their testing and playthroughs, you're playing the game the way THEY did.

then again i also find a sort of enjoyment in being able to set up the controls to fit me personally

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-10-15 18:57 ]</font>

The game was designed to be played on a console using a controller. It's release record so far is 2:1 in favor of consoles. I think they would've factored that in moreso than PC users.

If you use the keyboard then fine, but understand that the game is not designed around the keyboard at all, and users of the keyboard interface are actually experiencing a re-mapping of controller buttons, analog sticks and d-pad to the corresponding keyboard keys... NOT the other way around.

Now if we were talking about Doom 3... you'd be entirely right. Like with PSO:BB, I could assume that this game was developed for one of the consoles and then ported to the other two platforms.

I may be wrong, but it wouldn't be from sheer bias.

kyori
Oct 15, 2006, 11:55 PM
Currently playing PSUJP with kb. KB mastery > pad.

AC: and I can strafe and shoot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-15 22:24 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Oct 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
you must have some special KB then cause I can only strafe and shoot in oone direction. Once I input more directions, it locks up.

NeuroNomad
Oct 16, 2006, 12:50 AM
I can't remember but I think you can change the input buffer size on your keyboard inputs, that might help you out.

Edit: fixed typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeuroNomad on 2006-10-15 22:51 ]</font>

Cigaro
Oct 16, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-10-15 21:55, kyori wrote:

AC: and I can strafe and shoot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I don't mind that you guys are good at using the keyboards but shut the fuck up.

It's preference, nothing more. I've mastered the gamepad myself, so I could say pad mastery > KB, but then I'd only be being a complete cockface.

AC9breaker
Oct 16, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-10-15 22:54, Cigaro wrote:

I don't mind that you guys are good at using the keyboards but shut the fuck up.

It's preference, nothing more. I've mastered the gamepad myself, so I could say pad mastery > KB, but then I'd only be being a complete cockface.

lmao

NeuroNomad
Oct 16, 2006, 01:34 AM
Guess somone upset him, lol.

SpishackCola
Oct 16, 2006, 01:37 AM
Even if he's upset he's right.

kyori
Oct 16, 2006, 04:15 AM
Whoops, didn't notice I left out an IMO there. Didn't mean to cause strife.

Aberu
Oct 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-10-15 18:40, JubeiSaotome wrote:

Kinda funny to say that since I consider Counter-Strike to be a lot more fast paced and it uses a keyboard and mouse. Play a match of DotA in Warcraft 3, that's super fast. Once again, keyboard and mouse. Those two games would be horrible with a controller. The only reason why a controller matches PSU is because it was designed for a system that almost exclusively uses a controller for playing games.

Ecstasy
Oct 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
Could you imagine playing this game with wii-controller? Aiming and shooting with the remote, and moving with the numchuck? I know it's kinda off tpoic but i think it would be sweet if they ported this to the wii:)

P.S. I will be playing with the keyboard:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-16 07:53 ]</font>

NeuroNomad
Oct 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
I decided to go out the other day and buy the $40 XBOX controller just in case to have it handy when I get the game. I plan on leaving it unopened until I see how the game plays via Keyboard, but just in case it isn't what I am hoping then I have the controller right there ready to use. I still hope that the Keyboard will feel fine for me as I perfer keyboarding over controllers.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Icecold
Oct 19, 2006, 01:43 PM
Hey, I have a question about keyboard controls. Some have made the point that it's easier than a controller to type since there is no switching around involved, since you're already at the keyboard. My question is, if the movement is WSAD, how does that affect typing messages? Will I be running around saying "wwwsasassdssdawsd" all day long? Yeah, you can tell I've never played games like this on a keyboard... -_-;

Spellbinder
Oct 19, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-10-15 22:54, Cigaro wrote:

I think your uncalled for use of vulgar language already shows how much of a "cockface" you've made yourself to be. Just chill out, it's only a game.

BioWarrior
Oct 19, 2006, 01:45 PM
Theres usually a button you press to start talking on PC games.

TestamentRxB
Oct 19, 2006, 01:48 PM
I thought i would throw my 2 censt in also. I tried keyboard but it didn't seem that great at first but i soon got use to it. Altough i'm currently searching for a controller for my computer to use with PSU because i enjoy contollers better.

Also i don't wanna throw off the topic but i noticed somewhere it said the requirements for PSU on PC were Windows XP (sp2 or later) Could anyone answer for me if i really need to have sp2 because i'm quite happy with sp1 and don't want to go out and buy sp2

Spellbinder
Oct 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:48, TestamentRxB wrote:
I thought i would throw my 2 censt in also. I tried keyboard but it didn't seem that great at first but i soon got use to it. Altough i'm currently searching for a controller for my computer to use with PSU because i enjoy contollers better.

Also i don't wanna throw off the topic but i noticed somewhere it said the requirements for PSU on PC were Windows XP (sp2 or later) Could anyone answer for me if i really need to have sp2 because i'm quite happy with sp1 and don't want to go out and buy sp2

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I have service pack 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I know for sure I don't have 2 and the game runs just fine.

Icecold
Oct 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:45, BioWarrior wrote:

lol, that makes sense, but that means you can't type and run around at the same time. On the gamecube version, I ordered that beast called ASCII to play. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TestamentRxB
Oct 19, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:54, Spellbinder wrote:

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I have service pack 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I know for sure I don't have 2 and the game runs just fine.

alright. Thank you very much Spellbinder

Realmz
Oct 19, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:54, Icecold wrote:

On 2006-10-19 11:45, BioWarrior wrote:

lol, that makes sense, but that means you can't type and run around at the same time. On the gamecube version, I ordered that beast called ASCII to play. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

looking at the config menu space puts you into chat mode.

also about straifing, just moving the camera realign button to another key i can strafe just fine with an off hand gun, because the buffer seems to only apply to my arrow keys.

be sure to look into your keyboard to see just what you can and can't do before you go off and get a controller tho, you might find that you just don't need it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

it's your choice tho

NeuroNomad
Oct 19, 2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah that's why I am not going to open the controller I got until after I have tried the keyboard inputs first. I figure most likely I will end up taking back the controller. But who knows.