PDA

View Full Version : weapons, wheres the rares

Tetzuro
Oct 16, 2006, 12:55 AM
i noticed that its hard to pick up weapons in this game, mostly cause they never drop but im wondering the RARE weapons, if there is any, do they have a custom look to them, like pso had things that look cool, zanba, chameleon staff .. unique things, i hope not all psu weaps look like different shaped photon sabers..

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 12:59 AM
Yes, rare weapons have custom looks. In this game, any built weapons that drop are standard GRM weapons.

You will have to craft or trade for any rare weapons that you want. It's confusing at first, but gets pretty fun after a while. Rare weapons are not so easy to get now that you don't have to mindlessly grind monsters for them.

Zarbolord
Oct 16, 2006, 01:34 AM
Sometimes you'll need to be very lucky and in the right situation too. Anyway, the 'normal' weapons are amazing too, and the fact that you can change their elements and give PAs, well, it's really nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif rares will come later!

ProfessorZ
Oct 16, 2006, 01:39 AM
The only rare weapon Ive seen in the beta is the Svaltus edge

Tycho
Oct 16, 2006, 03:54 AM
Yes, PSU has them. Personally, I love the Vahra Claws.

Itsuki
Oct 16, 2006, 04:05 AM
there is that 3 star kubara saber that uses an inverter circuit. All of the 6s and apparently 8s ranged weapons have kubara versions, which are basically just a different texture on them (usually to make them look more metalic) that have lower starting stats but grind better.

Theres also that enemy weapon from linear line S-rank. Thats all I can think of, but all of the 7+ star weapons also have unique looks to them. And many of them are non-photon-looking.

Sanjiro
Oct 16, 2006, 09:46 AM
Hey could any of you show a picture of a rare wepon or video? I just want to see one, ppppplllleeeaaassseee!!!

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
I really think it is better that the weapons don't drop that often. I played for two days and only found a pike. But the synth items are very plentiful, and the boards aren't too rare. It really feels like PSO challenge mode and I like it. Makes you value your weapons more, and the rare weapons even moreso! Although I'm sad when the rare item pops up and I don't get it =( But parties to me are good for getting fast S-Ranks and mission completion, but if you really want items and money you can go solo, and I really like that!

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 10:47 AM
I love the way drops work in PSU. I was stoked when I found a board for a shield unit and then farmed for the mats for hours so I could make it. 7 hours later(5 for the farming and 2 for the synth proccess) it failed and my PM gave me a monomate.....rofl

Was still fun and even though it failed I know that when it eventually succeeds I will treasure that item more than just randomly finding it as a drop.

Numnuttz
Oct 16, 2006, 10:56 AM
lol wow tra8ergirl you farmed for the borderline materials. i was to lazy and just ended up buying the nanosilica for it. had a 50 percent chance of my pm makin it and i got lucky. thinkin about it though, maybe i shoulda farmed for the materials cause the nanosilica cost me almost the the price it was going for in shop.

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
Yea the price of nanosilica was insane. Raised my Pm to lvl 3 and he had a 55% shot at making it. Would have had plenty to make all 5 but since it was the beta and I wouldn't be keeping my char I sold everything anytime I got it to get better weps and PAs.

Was fun as hell though and I cannot wait till launch day. IMO ST took everything wrong with PSO and fixed it, then took everything right and made it better. Decided to stop playing the beta though. I got to lvl 18 and didn't want to invest anymore time into a friutless venture. Once the full version is released though, my wifes going to have to send out a search party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tr8ergirl on 2006-10-16 09:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tr8ergirl on 2006-10-16 09:20 ]</font>

Beck
Oct 16, 2006, 12:34 PM
I haven't found a single rare man...

Arcturus
Oct 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
This all sounds very good. In PSO, just about all normal weapons were absolutely useless, and even some of the crappier rares. This way, since it seems that all rares are stupidly hard to find, they'll be regarded as what they should be (... rare), and normal weapons will be respected.

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-10-16 09:19, tr8ergirl wrote:
Yea the price of nanosilica was insane. Raised my Pm to lvl 3 and he had a 55% shot at making it. Would have had plenty to make all 5 but since it was the beta and I wouldn't be keeping my char I sold everything anytime I got it to get better weps and PAs.

Was fun as hell though and I cannot wait till launch day. IMO ST took everything wrong with PSO and fixed it, then took everything right and made it better. Decided to stop playing the beta though. I got to lvl 18 and didn't want to invest anymore time into a friutless venture. Once the full version is released though, my wifes going to have to send out a search party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tr8ergirl on 2006-10-16 09:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tr8ergirl on 2006-10-16 09:20 ]</font>

Yeah they did. They took all that was wrong with PSO and made it better imo. Heh, my girlfriend loves the game, she made a little female newman force, and I started playing her character and loved it. I was supposed to be a ranger, but I really do like the force, so heh, she won't be sending out a search party cause we will probably be trading off duties, lol.

Pengfishh
Oct 16, 2006, 02:34 PM
In the original PSO regular weapons were way better because of the calculation of weapon percentages. Shops sold weapons with up to 45% (or was it 50%?) which dealt 45% more damage rather than adding 45% of the base ATP of the weapon. It was tough just to find a rare, let alone a rare with some bomb percentages.

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:32, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-16 09:19, tr8ergirl wrote:

Yeah they did. They took all that was wrong with PSO and made it better imo. Heh, my girlfriend loves the game, she made a little female newman force, and I started playing her character and loved it. I was supposed to be a ranger, but I really do like the force, so heh, she won't be sending out a search party cause we will probably be trading off duties, lol.

Hehe, my wifes been addicted since PSO on the dreamcast. She is in nursing school now and won't have time to play though. Needless to say she hates me atm. She'll probably make a char on my account to mess with in her spare time but she won't be getting her own.