PDA

View Full Version : Quieting psu beta.

Vetto
Oct 16, 2006, 01:44 AM
Well While PSU is fun and all i think im going to stop a day earlier so i don't burn myself out also i don't wanna do allot work on this character only to lose him, and want to feel all warm and fully when i get the full psu ((If they ever fix the lag issues so I can hear people and people keep up with me, or take 500 hits and have it not go threw till the lag clears up ¬¬')). So who with me?

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 02:24 AM
so all the lag and chars warping instead of walking is all normal for this beta even on dial up? if it is im sure it will be fixed if not that suxs

Vetto
Oct 16, 2006, 02:41 AM
I'm on Cable and got this issue. That and i can never hear anyone with i think is Connection issues.

Ryven
Oct 16, 2006, 03:09 AM
Surely it will be fixed in the final release, otherwise there will be some pretty angry customers badgering ST from here to Kingdom Come.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 16, 2006, 03:51 AM
Whats weird is servers seem to be extreemly full or absoloutly empty. I belive the lobby areas are too big, and everyone crowds in one area but in another way thats a good thing. They need to increase server capacity, so we see more people in different areas.

I hope they will do that. They prob wont tho.

I have just been testing characters and weapon types. I sold all my sythesis items today and made 4000 mesta on top of my 2000 from finding stuff. I will spend teh rest of the Beta trying out new things to prepare for the Full release.

Yachiru
Oct 16, 2006, 03:56 AM
Well, I don't think I'll quit tomorrow. I'm at level 15 now.. and I plan on getting 20 by tomorrow, since the beta ends on the 17th or so. (Microsoft is working on Live, for those who didn't know.) I'm just curious about Ranger, and I don't really have anything else to do tomorrow. I really don't know what I'm going to do those 6 days without PSU. xD

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 04:01 AM
The point of open beta is testing but seeing how you want to build up your character and do certain things. Quit if ya want, I'm going to keep absorbing more knowledge, besides i'm having FUN. It's not about your chracter build, getting more money or being the best, it's about having fun. If your having fun you would contiune to play rather than just quit so you won't take the extra effort that you will already be taking. PICK THAT CONTROLER BACK UP.

Vetto
Oct 16, 2006, 06:22 AM
While I can under stand the fun part I'm still the logical type im not going to pour my heart and soul into a character that doomed to destruction in the end, I have found the build I wanted and figured out How things work to the fullest, And as I said I'd rather enjoy the full game more and not burn myself out on the beta.

OgSoulja
Oct 16, 2006, 06:45 AM
On 2006-10-16 01:51, UltraDeeDer wrote:
Whats weird is servers seem to be extreemly full or absoloutly empty. I belive the lobby areas are too big, and everyone crowds in one area but in another way thats a good thing. They need to increase server capacity, so we see more people in different areas.

About the servers. Can i go to a different server with my same character, or id have to make a new one?

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 16, 2006, 07:01 AM
If by servers you mean the Universes, then you can keep your character.

darthplagis
Oct 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
well i have to wait till NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!! till i can play properly. thank goodness for my fuzzy graphics PS2 version hehehehe

Starshape
Oct 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
On 2006-10-16 02:01, Ryogen wrote:
The point of open beta is testing but seeing how you want to build up your character and do certain things. Quit if ya want, I'm going to keep absorbing more knowledge, besides i'm having FUN. It's not about your chracter build, getting more money or being the best, it's about having fun. If your having fun you would contiune to play rather than just quit so you won't take the extra effort that you will already be taking. PICK THAT CONTROLER BACK UP.

*lol* yeah it's all about us.. haha no the beta is for the company to test the servers and other stuff in the game so that they'll be aware of bugs and glitches that their testers might not have seen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starshape on 2006-10-16 05:08 ]</font>

GruesomeWolf
Oct 16, 2006, 07:10 AM
I am playing every minute I can until it ends.

I do not care if my character is deleted from the beta, I am having FUN. I'd be happy to do all this over again on a new character when the full game is released. I need no other justification.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GruesomeWolf on 2006-10-16 05:12 ]</font>

AlterHero
Oct 16, 2006, 08:43 AM
I too, am playing as much as possible, but my theory on the server issues is that we're getting what we're paying for, and right now thats nothing, so we cant expect great servers with no lag because we're not paying the 9.99 a month yet, thats whats gonna make them good.

SephYuyX
Oct 16, 2006, 09:13 AM
How does one quiet the PSU Beta? Please enlighten me.

Weak
Oct 16, 2006, 09:23 AM
It's all fun and games until someone burns themself out.

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 09:27 AM
On 2006-10-16 01:56, Yachiru wrote:
I really don't know what I'm going to do those 6 days without PSU. xD

Fap.

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-10-16 00:41, Vetto wrote:
I'm on Cable and got this issue. That and i can never hear anyone with i think is Connection issues.

The connection speed will improve once we start the full version and actually pay for the game. Keep in mind that this is a stress test used to determine the amount of servers and server space they will need to make the game run smoothly. The numbers should diminish after the game releases because all the ten year olds that can't get mommy to fork over 10 bucks a month will not be playing.

As for the problem where you cannot hear anyone, I have a fix, and I understand the source of the problem. If this happens, reset the game, log off of xbox live, log back in and DO NOT enter private chat at any time as you reenter the game. Text your friend and have him invite you to his party. Keep in mind that when you enter a party you are able to chat with other players, but outside of a party you cannot hear anyone. So first get into a party. However, if you are in a party, but in private chat and exit to enter party chat, occasionally you will not be able to hear anyone. This is a common issue experienced with many XBOX live games like Battlefield 2 on the 360. Just stay out of private chat and it works fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-10-16 08:19 ]</font>

Sev
Oct 16, 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm done til the final release as well, not because I want to be of course, but because I don't own an X360. A friend of mine let me bum around his house for the weekend and get my fill of the game, but I really learned alot... The main thing... Is that I will never PURCHASE a weapon again, it's not worth it. It's so much better to synthesize your own.

Sleet_v2
Oct 16, 2006, 03:41 PM
You need ot learn to spell.

DreamLocke
Oct 16, 2006, 04:12 PM
I named my character "Beta six" because I knew he would be wiped, and six is going to be part of my actual character name. I'm trying not to get too attached.

Lol, I thought the 'warping' was something of a dash function I couldn't find...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
Might as well enjoy it while it lasts as long as it doesn't interfere with your schooling/work/other duties.

A week without a game isn't that a big deal.

Jinto117
Oct 16, 2006, 04:23 PM
My favorite part about the beta was how I could never actually play it. I tell ya it was so fun disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again. Good times.