PDA

View Full Version : Players Warping instead of walking..? normal?

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 02:20 AM
Is this normal for the beta or is this just my connection. Wacth this clip u can notice the chars warping instead of taking step..... Just asking if this is normal for the beta is all... http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/Xenokai/?action=view&current=360PSUondialup.flv

SpishackCola
Oct 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
with the limited amount of people they want in the game coupled with the people probably hammering the server to get in I'd say it might be a little of both.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 16, 2006, 02:24 AM
You're probably just lagging. It happens in other MMO's when you lag, where you seem to be the only character moving consistently where everyone else seems to jot about inconsistently.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 16, 2006, 02:25 AM
Yes, I have broadband and its just like that.

PSO was quite notorious for players being non synched in game. Hopefully its not as bad in the retail version.

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 02:27 AM
ok thanks hayabusa then im sure it will be fixed (i hope) btw it suxs about the no boss thing =/

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 02:34 AM
Let me break this down for you. The reason why there is lag is becuase it's running off the 360 and not from a disk. Becuase it's running on 360 it's running on how should I say...a certian limit so it can reduce lag. Now don't expect this to be there during the full version. When it's running off the disk it's easier and better to obtain data from the disc and run it rather than obtain/run at the same time on the 360. It goes somthing like that...I'm just really sleepy.

oronll
Oct 16, 2006, 02:34 AM
Ask that guy who is running his 360 on dail up ..

Zelutos
Oct 16, 2006, 02:40 AM
Yeah, i noticed that too. And here i thought that no one else knew how to walk properly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 02:43 AM
Rypgen running off the harddrive is better then running from a CD/DVD anyone with any type of computing skill should no this.

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
of its lagging for people on broadband then thats a good thing really since that shows these arent the main servers that they will be using.

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-10-16 00:43, xenokai wrote:
Rypgen running off the harddrive is better then running from a CD/DVD anyone with any type of computing skill should no this.

Whatever you say...there are circumstances behind each saying when it comes to computers (including consoles). It can be different for each situation, where as some things would run better on such and such.