PDA

View Full Version : Recording video?

Cojiro
Oct 16, 2006, 04:14 AM
Hi!

I've seen alot of PSU videos around and appart from the one which have been recorded with a video camera, I figure you must have to use a programme to record what's going on on screen. Anyone know how it's done? I wanna record my own when I finally get the game!

Ether
Oct 16, 2006, 04:15 AM
Most people (including me) use fraps (http://www.fraps.com/)

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 04:17 AM
I use Fraps for pc but i can't tell you what i use for consoles.

Cojiro
Oct 16, 2006, 04:46 AM
That's cool! I'm gonna be using PC anyway ^_^
Thanks!

Sanjiro
Oct 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
Hey I downloaded but its not working...

Miphesto
Oct 20, 2006, 08:39 PM
u gotta pay for the full version of fraps.... i have fraps ..but i need to find a way to link my 360 to my computer so i can use it...anyone got any ideas on that?

Typhoeus
Oct 20, 2006, 08:39 PM
I would like to know what people use to record direct live footage from their consoles besides using digital cameras. Ryogen, if you wouldn't mind, could you PM me what method you use please?

Well, I could guess that perhaps you could run your console through your Video Card on your PC to your monitor and record it that way. Although I'm not exactly sure of the details in those regards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-20 18:42 ]</font>

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
You need a TV tuner card (also referred to as a video capture card) to record videos of console games. They basically give your PC all the functions of a television, in that you can hook up VCRs, DVD players, consoles, and even watch cable television on it. ATI's All-In-Wonder lineup of videocards come with built-in TV tuner functions, but they're not as good as what you can purchase in a stand-alone card. Newegg's a good place to look for one, though it's best to do a little research on them before you buy.

SaviorSe1f
Oct 20, 2006, 09:05 PM
you don't need a tv tuner card for 360 video...go to outpost.com and buy the Gamebridge, it's only $15 (regularly like $100) and all you need is USB 2.0, I got one and it's works great

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
In terms of PC, if you get the full version of FRAPS, it works pretty well. Remember for the best quality, record at 60 FPS!