PDA

View Full Version : Mismatched characters?

Nayte
Oct 16, 2006, 04:14 AM
Ive only ever played PSO for the dreamcast(offline) and FFXI(since people refer to that alot) and was wondering if it was that to make classes that dont look "suitable".
For example, CAST or Beast Forces, Newman Hunters etc. I know that in FFXI people looked down on Galka blackmages, Tarutaru paladins(although they had higher mp pool) so i dont really want people underestimating a sword weilding Newman Hunter. Would making race/class combos like these really be that bad?

DurakkenX
Oct 16, 2006, 05:37 AM
about the only thing people make fun of is force beasts and casts... but there is no leetism because to get some classes you need to go through it for the other classes ^.^

Ryven
Oct 16, 2006, 06:06 AM
It's true, I don't think anyone really minds what class you choose for your character, considering sooner or later they're going to have to go against the "perfect party setup" and team up with something different anyway. So just do what you want with your character, I highly doubt anyone wil raise a huge fuss, unless you just totally suck.

McLaughlin
Oct 16, 2006, 06:52 AM
Tarutaru PLDs are pretty much the anti Paladin. They have no HP, which is what a Tank needs. Doesn't matter how much MP they get if they're dead before they cast Cure III.

Nayte
Oct 16, 2006, 07:06 AM
I see. Thats great to know then because i was thinking of making a HUnewman for my main possibly going fortefighter or fighgunner(S rank double saber or S rank twin claws ><)

Candor
Oct 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
I'm making a Fortefighter newman, I expect some resistance by a few people, but that's because it's the internet.
As a plus for HUnewm, they have the highest EVP

Pikku
Oct 16, 2006, 09:23 AM
In the world of Phantasy Star (Online) its not that you choose or wear... its how good your skills are. (Thats why I will always love PSO/PSU)
FFXI people just like being "PERFECT" *spits at them*