PDA

View Full Version : X360 Beta account roll over?

Magician
Oct 16, 2006, 06:32 AM
Just curious if our X360 Beta accounts are gonna roll over when the game is officially released, or are we gonna have to start a new character?

I don't really mind starting a new character, if that's gonna be the case, but I'm just saying it would be nice if I didn't have to.

Any confirmation?

Diablohead
Oct 16, 2006, 06:40 AM
There is no roll over.

g00dman12
Oct 16, 2006, 06:41 AM
My guess is that we are going to start over. It wont be to bad tho im lvl 10 didnt take that long. Final Fantasy XI Online for the beta on the 360 you could roll over accounts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g00dman12 on 2006-10-16 04:42 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 16, 2006, 06:44 AM
On 2006-10-16 04:41, g00dman12 wrote:
My guess is that we are going to start over. It wont be to bad tho im lvl 10 didnt take that long. Final Fantasy XI Online for the beta on the 360 you could roll over accounts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g00dman12 on 2006-10-16 04:42 ]</font>

That's because the FFXI beta was held on pre-existing servers, so there were no adjustments to be made.

AnamanaAU
Oct 16, 2006, 06:59 AM
Of course they will be.

Starshape
Oct 16, 2006, 07:03 AM
They will not be able to rollover your accounts. It was announced the same tima as it was announced that a beta was coming.

darthplagis
Oct 16, 2006, 07:04 AM
hopefully we will get the sonic ornament @least, like the japanese beta did. i dont mid if it does wipe but since the data is stored on the servers and activated by yr LIVE account i dont see why they couldnt roll over the data as long as the beta has no save/char data corruption issues and or major item issues (like JP dupe trick) even if it was a case of level and equiped item carry over only.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
I used the beta as a guide for my character to be used in the Full Release. I also plan on making a new character, not makign the same mistakes as in the beta.

Starshape
Oct 16, 2006, 07:32 AM
On 2006-10-16 05:04, darthplagis wrote:
hopefully we will get the sonic ornament @least, like the japanese beta did. i dont mid if it does wipe but since the data is stored on the servers and activated by yr LIVE account i dont see why they couldnt roll over the data as long as the beta has no save/char data corruption issues and or major item issues (like JP dupe trick) even if it was a case of level and equiped item carry over only.

In the announcement about not beeing able to take your character to the full game, it said that they update the whole servers after the beta and refresh everything. So that's probably why.. the beta-characters won't be functional in the full game.

Read the interview with the producer of the game here on pso-world. He gives an answer to this question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starshape on 2006-10-16 05:33 ]</font>

AlterHero
Oct 16, 2006, 08:37 AM
I wouldnt mind starting over but a roll over would be awesome so i wouldnt lose my hard earned progress

Weak
Oct 16, 2006, 09:11 AM
For the last time, No, you don't keep your characters..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-10-16 07:11 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 16, 2006, 09:29 AM
Cool, thanks for the replys. I wasn't sure.

Looks like I'll be starting freash, which is good since I want to start as a force next time and eventually be a Wartecher. A good soloing character, with the intent of helping those new to the PSU universe.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A buffer/debuffer who can go toe to toe if necessary.

Though I wish they could use more S-rank weapons besides twin daggers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-16 07:29 ]</font>

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
Nope, no rollover. Use the time to familiarize yourself with the game and create characters so you can limit the amount of time spent between character creation, world familiarization and enemy pwnage when the full version releases (which I will be on by the way). My g/f made a little newman female force character that I run named Mafia-Spyke. I thought for so long that I wanted to be ranger, but after playing a force and dealing 175 at level 10 with her foie, I've never turned back. I like Resta!!! I like S-Rank rewards so much that I hot key resta to the Y button of ever wand I have, lol. I've met some dips that don't know what a monomate is, so in that case it's good to have me around...

Skyly
Oct 16, 2006, 01:44 PM
say bye bye to my 30 hrs of gameplay

Sevenfold
Oct 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
He had the 360 confused with Sprint I suppose.

MRWHITE
Oct 16, 2006, 02:01 PM
I don't understand why they are not going to rollover a character, I feel it should be optional. Given that everybody has to have a fair chance, but those who play it will level more and have a better character, so I play the beta get a level 20 character and have to spend another 20 hours to roll up another CAST just as powerful? WTF? Makes no sense to me. Furthermore if I am paying 10 per month on this game they should at least let me keep my CAST, thats ridiculous. Just a thought

SpishackCola
Oct 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
Betas are betas, seperate entities from the regular release of a game. 99% of the time after a beta ends the dev team makes final tweaks and adds the rest of the content. Usually to make sure everything is working once all other items are added everything is reset/refreshed to ensure optimization.

Also, there's the issue of fairness...

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:01, MRWHITE wrote:
I don't understand why they are not going to rollover a character, I feel it should be optional. Given that everybody has to have a fair chance, but those who play it will level more and have a better character, so I play the beta get a level 20 character and have to spend another 20 hours to roll up another CAST just as powerful? WTF? Makes no sense to me. Furthermore if I am paying 10 per month on this game they should at least let me keep my CAST, thats ridiculous. Just a thought

If you paid for the Beta, by all means bitch about not keeping your char.

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 02:16 PM
They will not rollover because they have absolutely idea who is who. The user information is something like 100015746, a different number assigned to each player for the demo upon logging in (click the left thumbstick in a few times while in the game to check this). To change this info to match gamertags would be very difficult for them and I don't think they intended for that to happen. It's not your log-in info, for instance the information you will have to set up when the game releases. The FFXI beta had the users set up account information and payment methods, whereas the demo for PSU does not offer this option, and therefore to keep this information available for the masses when half of them probably aren't allowed to pay monthly fees for a game to begin with is costly for the devs, and once again, Sonic Team has to make money.

MRWHITE
Oct 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks valkayree for clearing things up a bit, that makes a bit more since than telling me stop bitching.

eXo
Oct 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
Will the characters that you created on the bete carry over to the full version =

Oreic
Oct 18, 2006, 12:36 PM
Ive heard that you cant.

roygbiv
Oct 18, 2006, 12:37 PM
no?

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 12:38 PM
I really doubt it. Unlike a certain other beta, for a long time running already established game system, there really isn't enough time on this for people to really invest a true amount of time that they couldn't afford to lose.

I even made my Beta character with the complete intention that it would probably be erased. There's no super difficult tasks or crazy aspects that you have to work hard to get back, after the Beta ends.

This wasn't true for the longer-running FFXI beta test in which a lot of people were able to get Dual Jobs and stuff, before the beta ended. And anybody remembering the hassle they went through to do that, knows that that's a monumental achievement compared to anything anybody has done in this one. (Some people needed 2 or more weeks of play, after reaching the required level to dual job, to get the required items, in the ffxi beta)

A few days of play is perfectly redoable, without much hassle. After about a week of the full game, people will hardly remember time lost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 10:39 ]</font>

Earthsunderer
Oct 18, 2006, 12:40 PM
No, they explicitely stated it in the FAQ on the homepage that they won't carry over the characters created in beta.

It seems that nobody likes to read a site that has the most FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on it...

Like... Subscription fees, beta character carry over, cross platform compability, classes, gaming support and all that stuff...

Magician
Oct 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
Nope, notta. Use this time to test every race and class to see what you'd like to start with when the full game is released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-18 10:52 ]</font>

eXo
Oct 18, 2006, 02:05 PM
Oh sorry i have been away for a long time been playing FFxi & wow both of which will be taking a backseat in about a week 8D.Cool im happy to know their is no rollover because my 360 was left in san diego and do to work & school i didnt get it until yesterday =( however i couldnt download the beta its gone ...

eXo
Oct 18, 2006, 02:07 PM
i didnt really search the whole site but its time for me to get up to speed =p