PDA

View Full Version : Weapons, items, and meseta in PSU

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 07:33 AM
This is to just give everyone a clue on PSU. for the ps2 and PC users that is. things are extremely expensive in PSU. just last night i spent 20,000 on one Saber. and then, i had to wait ONE HOUR for it to synthasize, and after that, there was only a 56% chance that it would work, and would make it, its really hard to get stuff in PSU, the most rares i have seen drop for me is 7 stars, i saw a 12 star drop but missed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif anyway, im currently lvl 17, and one col thing about the game is you can carry 20 of an item instead of 10. you feed your partner machenery like a mag, at lvl 20 it evolvs, and at lvl 80 it goes humanoid form, in order to get grinders to upgrade weapons, you need to find the materials, and then make them, and it is random what the +'s will be, like grinder C+4, usually you get +1, and +2's, i got some +7's once, but thats rare. you can make different element weapons, like dark, i usually stick to dark, but you can make ground(new type) and ice, electrice, light, etc. its hard to grind wepaons tho, i grinded a weapon to over 300 atk pow, then tried again and it broke and was destroyed so be careful w3hen grinding. when you start, enemies drop about 9 mes per drop, right now they drop about 50-80, and some big monsters drop a wopping 200-350, the bosses drop about 500 sometimes, and from the missions you CAN get about 100-600 meseta, depending on how you do, there are 4 ranks in everything, the missions, weapons, grinders, etc, ranks C, B, A, and S. in order to grind a B rank weapon, you need a B rank grinder. you cant upgrade a B rank wep with a C rank Grinder.

(edit 3) Partner Machinery: like i said you feed Your PM like a mag, the higher level it gets, the better it will get at synthasising. my PM was lvl 0 lol, if it was like lvl 20, it might take like 45 mins, and have a 60 or 70% success rate.

Forces are extremely powerful. especially with the new spell Diga. my friend was lvl 10, and while i, and everyone was busting out 30-45 dmg at lvl 12, he was busting out 160-180 with LVL 1 DIGA!!!, when he got it to lvl 9 (you lvl up spells you dont find the lvls, and they get new abilities when they reach lvl 11, 22, and max, like foie gets burn at lvl 11, which makes the enemy take fire dmg over a period of time) when he got to lvl 9, he was hitting 280, so you can see how much better forces are.

you can strafe now/lock onto enemy (WITH SWORDS, SABERS ETC ) this makes it a lot easire for hunters. you cannot lock on with guns, but you can strafe with them and its just as easy. machine guns actually are automatic fire. its pretty cool.

with your photon art lvled up, you can atack up to 6 times, 3 regular attacks, and 3 photon art attacks, which are much more powerful than regualr attacks, but drain your PP(photon Points.)

(edit 2) You have to buy Photon arts which usually cost 1000 meseta, then you need to go into then items menu, and then learn them, you can trade them as long as you dont learn them, then you need to chose a weapon and link the photon art to it, then you can use it, everytime you get a new type of that weapon, you need to link the photon art, or skill if you are a force. you can link as many weapons to the photon art as you want as long as its for that weapon.

(edit 1) Also, lvl's in PSU are a substancial increase, when you lvl, which can take some time after lvl 4, your damage will increase about 2-5 pts, which is a lot in PSU, also you need to count the weapons, and that you will be buying better ones once you lvl, so after each lvl you could be adding about 2-10 pts of damage, i bust out 180 on my hunter!!

well thats all i got for now, when i think of new stuff, opr i shouold say, remember it, i will edit this post and let you know, so check often. and i probably wont be editing when im playing PSU lol, so i wont be posting during the evening.

-Chase

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-16 07:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-16 07:33 ]</font>

Starshape
Oct 16, 2006, 07:37 AM
there's 4 ranks, just to clear it up, C, B, A, S.

RSmiroldo
Oct 16, 2006, 07:38 AM
Dega is strong forces rule I learned that on the japenese version. You actually had to wait an hour for the synthesis I've never heard that before then again I didn't really mess around with that stuff in the jp version. Do you actually have to wait until you PM tells you its finished or can you can you stop it?

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
On 2006-10-16 05:38, RSmiroldo wrote:
Dega is strong forces rule I learned that on the japenese version. You actually had to wait an hour for the synthesis I've never heard that before then again I didn't really mess around with that stuff in the jp version. Do you actually have to wait until you PM tells you its finished or can you can you stop it?

no you can stop it if you choose.

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-10-16 05:37, Starshape wrote:
there's 4 ranks, just to clear it up, C, B, A, S.

thought i added that lol, oops, thanks ill fix.

Ein
Oct 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
Nice work, helpful for both PS fans and beginners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mitchm
Oct 16, 2006, 09:23 AM
i was just thinking... seeing as it can take up to an actual hour to sytnthesize a good weapon... what if you find like a 12star board and it takes you like a day... that would suck lol.

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 09:31 AM
lol yea, look at my new edit on Partner Machinery ^

Abeatron
Oct 16, 2006, 09:37 AM
I have a little question, being the noob i am... exactly what does the stars represent. I understand it has something with the rareness of an item to do. But what i don't get is exactly how strong a 12 star weapon would be compared to a seven star for example...

Realmz
Oct 16, 2006, 09:49 AM
stars just dictate how hard is it to find.
the general idea is that the higher the stars the stronger it is, but a lot of other things ffactor in, weapon type, how many times it's been grinded, if you get any like +pp things on it...

anyway yeah everything costs so much, all but (i think) two s rank shop weapons are over 5oo,ooo meseta

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
yea, the rare my friend found was just a synthasizing item, but it was used to make a powerful sword, in this game you really have to make weps in order for them to be either what you want, or really good.

Typhoeus
Oct 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
Hold on a sec there bud. 20,000 meseta for what sword? I synth'd a Claymore and it didn't cost me anywhere near that much and I bought some of the mats and the board in Parum. I'm level a 20 F Cast Hunter with that 18,000 meseta SUV equipable armor, where do you make your money and where did that 12-star item drop O.O? Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-16 08:07 ]</font>

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
in sleeping warriors for the rare, and if you go to Nuedaiz, the japanese planet, and go to synthasize shop, buy the mose expensive one handed wep board, then go buy all of the materials, its about 20k

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 10:15 AM
I liek this list, covered some stuff I didn't know. Thanks.

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-10-16 08:15, Rizeru wrote:
I liek this list, covered some stuff I didn't know. Thanks.

No Problem, happy to have helped