PDA

View Full Version : PSU OPEN BETA LAG ISSUE, READ IF YOU WNAT TO KNOW WHY

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
They reason the Servers are lagging so bad is because, the main reason for this BETA is to test the servers, and push them to the limit, they need to know how big the servers have to be and how many they need, its not to find bugs, i have only found about 10-15 bugs, if it were for glitches then there would be a lot more, this is to test the servers, and OBVIOUSLY they need to make them a lot bigger. and a few more servers are needed, well for everyone here, i gtg, class is over, peace.

Pengfishh
Oct 16, 2006, 09:24 AM
Peace!

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 16, 2006, 09:25 AM
I have the same problem on the JP servers, granted, I am far away from them but the problem sounds identical.

phunk
Oct 16, 2006, 09:25 AM
THanks for stating the obvious; its a stress test.

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
[quote]
On 2006-10-16 07:25, phunk wrote:

dont be a dick, many people dont even know what an Open BETA is, im trying to help the people who dont know, remember many people dont have a 360, and the PS2 and PC users may get worried. im just letting them know its going to be ok and its just a test.

phunk
Oct 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-10-16 07:30, Zabot wrote:
[quote]

dont be a dick, many people dont even know what an Open BETA is, im trying to help the people who dont know, remember many people dont have a 360, and the PS2 and PC users may get worried. im just letting them know its going to be ok and its just a test.

Not being a "dick", just summarizing what you said in one word; "Stress Test". If they don't know that going into an open beta and think its going to be exactly like that in retail then I'm not sure what else you could tell them.

Ye, its a stress test.

edit: These issues (server lag) have been evident for a while: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/news.html?sid=6147257

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-10-16 07:36 ]</font>

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 09:37 AM
lets not make this an arguement ok, we obviosly made the point, now people just need to read the post

phunk
Oct 16, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-10-16 07:37, Zabot wrote:
lets not make this an arguement ok, we obviosly made the point, now people just need to read the post

No argument here, internet arguments are pointless, ye?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zabot
Oct 16, 2006, 09:39 AM
yea. . . argueing on the internet is like running the special olympics. . even if you win your still retarted.

phunk
Oct 16, 2006, 09:40 AM
On 2006-10-16 07:39, Zabot wrote:
yea. . . argueing on the internet is like running the special olympics. . even if you win your still retarted.

I like that picture haha.

Alright easy.

Yoiyami
Oct 16, 2006, 09:43 AM
You'd be surprised how many people don't know what a stress test or open beta is, phunk. Some people think it's an actual playable preview of the game and that they're getting a taste of retail, so when they find problems such as lag and a bug or glitch here and there they're ready to panic and throw a hissy fit.

So it was kind of Zabot to take the time to explain, whether or not you think he was stating the obvious.

phunk
Oct 16, 2006, 09:47 AM
On 2006-10-16 07:43, Yoiyami wrote:
You'd be surprised how many people don't know what a stress test or open beta is, phunk. Some people think it's an actual playable preview of the game and that they're getting a taste of retail, so when they find problems such as lag and a bug or glitch here and there they're ready to panic and throw a hissy fit.

So it was kind of Zabot to take the time to explain, whether or not you think he was stating the obvious.

Mhm, true.. true.

darthplagis
Oct 16, 2006, 10:55 AM
just a quick update after the fix sega and MS did today to fix the boss' bug the lag even on solo is dropped right down its alomost like being offline..........only took me an hour to figure out why i wasnt healing when i hadnt been hit anymore.

Numnuttz
Oct 16, 2006, 11:00 AM
well thats true not alot of ppl didnt know that this was a beta when i talked to them on 360 about this. but of coarse they really had to idea what this game is. in the end ive guided about 5 -6 people through how to play and telling them about this game. most of reactions were this game is gonna have a fee thats bs F*** this game! we pay for live already so im not gonna pay for this!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-10-16 09:01 ]</font>

darthplagis
Oct 16, 2006, 12:25 PM
yeah numnuttz ive had the same kind of PPL join my games asking like "dude did you play any of the other phantasy stars, did you have to pay to play those too" and when my reply was YES to both and ive been on PSO since the dreamcast a few ACTUALLY said "wow the dreamcast huh, this game must be old" OLD!!! OLD!!! god damn kids with xbox live to play STUPID racing and army shooting games..... why cant they leave our territory ALONE do you see RPG fans downloading or even worse buying the football/soccer games EVERY YEAR for the SAME DAMN GAME then complaining cos we have to pay for it??????

NO you dont. but dont get me wrong here my rant isnt aimed at the guys who actually liked the game and want to actually play it. its at the people who saw the demo and read FREE ONLINE GAMING and thought they would give it a try only to stand and F ing DANCE FOR HOURS STOPPING US LOT FROM CONNECTING.

sry rant over

Sevenfold
Oct 16, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-16 10:25, darthplagis wrote:
yeah numnuttz ive had the same kind of PPL join my games asking like "dude did you play any of the other phantasy stars, did you have to pay to play those too" and when my reply was YES to both and ive been on PSO since the dreamcast a few ACTUALLY said "wow the dreamcast huh, this game must be old" OLD!!! OLD!!! god damn kids with xbox live to play STUPID racing and army shooting games..... why cant they leave our territory ALONE do you see RPG fans downloading or even worse buying the football/soccer games EVERY YEAR for the SAME DAMN GAME then complaining cos we have to pay for it??????

NO you dont. but dont get me wrong here my rant isnt aimed at the guys who actually liked the game and want to actually play it. its at the people who saw the demo and read FREE ONLINE GAMING and thought they would give it a try only to stand and F ing DANCE FOR HOURS STOPPING US LOT FROM CONNECTING.

sry rant over

Its Xbox live, and its online, Im actually shocked anyone would be suprised by the amount of idiots that would show up for a xbox live beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sevenfold on 2006-10-16 11:55 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 16, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-10-16 07:30, Zabot wrote:
[quote]

No, they'd just blame it on the console. Ignorance is FUN!

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah I had issues trying to connect, and I blamed it on the dancing idiots as well. You guys aren't alone in your thoughts.

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
It's a strest test and not only that there are bits of lag becuase it's not running the data from a disk which makes things quicker than running and processing though the 360 (i know it sounds weird but take my word for it).

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-10-16 12:54, Ryogen wrote:
It's a strest test and not only that there are bits of lag becuase it's not running the data from a disk which makes things quicker than running and processing though the 360 (i know it sounds weird but take my word for it).

yea, exactly, just like on a computer, if you download a game, it doesnt run as fast as one that you have the cd for.

(although some games. . . starcraft. . . even though its a kick A** game)

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:43 AM
hmm i had that thought cross my mind but technology is always different....so i just gave up with thinking.