PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 players, do you plan on staying on the 360 or switc

Ryoten
Oct 16, 2006, 01:19 PM
Since the beta test is still running, I was wondering if the Xbox 360 owner will switch after the beta is over?

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
Wasn't this topic posted before? And your sig is... ew.

Ryoten
Oct 16, 2006, 01:42 PM
Heee heee Don't worry, I'm going to change it when I get the chance. I just wanted something funny before PSU comes out.
On-topic: I don't think someone did this yet, but someone did, sorry for the retopic.

ProfessorZ
Oct 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
Why the HELL would I switch? I'm playing the best version

MilkManX
Oct 16, 2006, 03:34 PM
My only option is 360 really. I dont like to mess with my PC for games anymore.

StratixEVO
Oct 16, 2006, 03:39 PM
I've played all 3 versions now, PC and PS2 Japanese and now 360 beta. 360 hands down for me, even with the issues in the stress test (beta), the crisp graphics, the controller... and, oh sweet sweet voice chat. PC is also very nice, I used my xbox controller with it and it was a blast, PS2 just makes me wanna puke, no advantage to it at all - unless its all you got http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

All in all, PSU rocks!!! Get on whatever system you want!

Maxurion
Oct 16, 2006, 03:40 PM
360 all the way for me. My computer is out of date and I'm pretty sure the 360 is a better bet graphics-wise then PS2. Plus... achievements! Woo!

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2006, 03:44 PM
I'm definitely staying with the 360 version. Technically, no version is really all that optimized, but given my 360 outspecs my PC by a good amount, I appreciate the great speed increase. For the same amount of on-screen stuff, it runs like crazy. I got my Widescreen monitor running it, as well. Beautiful. (For PSU that is).

Anyway, the majority of my friends are on 360, and I generally follow them.

kyori
Oct 16, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-10-16 13:33, ProfessorZ wrote:

Praytell how is it the best?

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-10-16 13:45, kyori wrote:

It's a TRAP!

Topic: I don't want to use Windows and am currently using Linux exclusively, but that's just an exuse cause I'd get the 360 version anyway.

Ryogen
Oct 16, 2006, 03:50 PM
Staying with the 360

Openget
Oct 16, 2006, 03:58 PM

lol

I think not.

xenokai
Oct 16, 2006, 04:04 PM
PC for me since im hoping it will run better on dial up then the 360 version does. And is the charater wrping always there? I for one noticed slowdown in the graphics and not just connection which was very odd since this game looks like a dreamcast game xD

SLA7E
Oct 16, 2006, 04:07 PM
All the versions are the same please dont start this into a fanboy thread..360 for me

Oji_Retta
Oct 16, 2006, 04:11 PM

I here by declare ProfessorZ an imbecile. (seriously though, you know how to start some drama.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-10-16 16:16 ]</font>

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-10-16 13:34, MilkManX wrote:
My only option is 360 really. I dont like to mess with my PC for games anymore.

I feel the same way of sort, though certain "exclusive Xbox 360 features" are causing me to possibly switch to PC.

Ryoga4523
Oct 16, 2006, 04:33 PM
I like the 360 version, for one I have about 18Gb available on my 360 as opposed to my PC which has 4.5 out of 60Gb available (I might get WoW again so I have yet to delete its massive amount of harddrive space). it looks really clean on xbox, and the wireless controller is a must. I am glad that I finally found a game worth getting for my 400 dollar DVD player... -_-! (other than oblivion which was fun, but then there was just WAY too much to do i guess)

Bluecowbank
Oct 16, 2006, 05:17 PM
Ya I'm totally gunna downgrade on my gaming performance, I think I'll go with PS2, I think the whole talking in a party while fighting is retarded, way rather type, who needs the smooth game play or good graphics either? maybe later I'll sell my 360 and go buy an atari...

HyperShot-X-
Oct 16, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-10-16 15:17, Bluecowbank wrote:
Ya I'm totally gunna downgrade on my gaming performance, I think I'll go with PS2, I think the whole talking in a party while fighting is retarded, way rather type, who needs the smooth game play or good graphics either? maybe later I'll sell my 360 and go buy an atari...

LOL, sarcasm pwnage of the day, some ppl might believe it word for word, XP

Blueblur
Oct 16, 2006, 06:08 PM
I was going to get the PC version but after trying the Beta, I love the voice chat option and the widescreen presentation. Plus, its more comfortable to play PSU from my bed than on my computer desk.

Merc
Oct 16, 2006, 06:11 PM
I'm playing the beta and staying on the 360 when the actual game comes out.

Kindaichi
Oct 16, 2006, 06:20 PM
360 for me, i dont like playing pso on comp and have no ps2(oh and the voice chat is just to dam sexy)

parabolee
Oct 16, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well I'm sticking with the 360 for 4 very good reasons -

1. It would run worse on my PC and don't want to spend a fortune upgrading it.

2. It looks WAY better than the PS2 version I have been playing, plus the weapons/characters load up a LOT quicker on 360 and that bugged the hell out of me on PS2.

3. Really like the voice chat in parties, makes it far easier to communicate while playing. It acctually bugs me having to type in the lobbies now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Plus I like hearing people laugh for real when people make text chat/cut-in chat jokes. Going back to keyboard chat would be painfull.

4. All my friends will be on the 360 version and most of them are in the UK and I live in the USA now so I want to be able to play with.

Typhoeus
Oct 16, 2006, 07:26 PM

Jealous much? I have a decked out PC (Alienware w/ SLI) on which I played PSU offline and the 360 version is most certainly better graphically, not to mention native widescreen support. Voice chat and international servers are win. Community is great and there are so many players it's easy to find parties anytime. ProfessorZ had the right idea, but questionable execution.

Anyway, yeah, I'm staying 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-16 17:27 ]</font>

Parn
Oct 16, 2006, 07:31 PM
dont spam outside of FKL.
user earned a warning with this post.
thanks for your cooperation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-10-17 11:59 ]</font>

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-10-16 17:26, Typhoeus wrote:
Jealous much? I have a decked out PC (Alienware w/ SLI) on which I played PSU offline and the 360 version is most certainly better graphically, not to mention native widescreen support. Voice chat and international servers are win. Community is great and there are so many players it's easy to find parties anytime. ProfessorZ had the right idea, but questionable execution.

Screw your gimpy Xbox 360 version.

My fully decked out iPod will smoke any of your platforms, especially that pathetic Web TV wanna-be gaming console.

chewydawg
Oct 16, 2006, 07:37 PM
360 is the best!!! i mean why would i play some laggy pc version or play on the P word (ps2 is a very bad word people) if you play 360 beta and swich you need help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jokn' on the last part (or am i ????)

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 07:39 PM
I don't own a 360, but after seeing screenshots taken from a friend of mine (he's playing the 360 beta) I felt a child explode within me. Although the PC and PS2 versions look good, the 360 looks crisper. If I didn't have to subscribe with XboxLive as well as the Guardian's Licence, AND pay +$400 just for the system, then I would totally play that version. But hey, if you have high-speed (I don't) internet and a 360, I say get this one for sure.

Personally voice chat on PSOX annoyed the heck out of me.. sitting in lobbies with idiots mooing like cows and constantly blasting music, hopefully PSU360 won't be the same way. Oh, and the ability to play with JPers is awesome. Eh, PS2/PC for me, but they're all good.

kyori
Oct 16, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-10-16 17:26, Typhoeus wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-16 17:27 ]</font>

And when have you played PC? More so, Watashiwa already debunked the X360 on the visual/framerate scale. As minor as it was.

Marik
Oct 16, 2006, 07:43 PM
Im sticking with it.

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 07:48 PM
Personally voice chat on PSOX annoyed the heck out of me.. sitting in lobbies with idiots mooing like cows and constantly blasting music, hopefully PSU360 won't be the same way. Oh, and the ability to play with JPers is awesome. Eh, PS2/PC for me, but they're all good.

Apparently voice chat will continued to be disabled in lobbies on the Xbox 360 version's release. Though that still doesn't resolve the issue of two forms of communication conflicting with eachother.

The ability to play with JP on the 360 version may not be as cool as one would think. The voice chat would cause further racial issues. Unlike FFXI where Japanese could easily identify other Japanese, this isn't the case in the X360 PSU(Correct me if I'm wrong.), so it force Japanese to get used to the idea they will be grouped often with other nationalities and having to listen to US/EU players speak over their mics which could easily result in racist insults(This is Xbox Live we're talking about), especially since US/EU will be the majority of gamers.

Though, not to be obsurdly racist, I think the JP deserve to be forced to group with other nationalities.

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 07:54 PM
Good point Bleemo. Personally I enjoy playing with Japanese more than Americans due to, well, some US players can be extremely one-sided and "I think I'm the best, you suck, change this, blah blah". This was how it was on FFXI and WoW.

I can easily picture it now: 4 english speakers playing with 2 japanese. Chances are, atleast one US player will start going "ching chong chao" and whatnot, thus creating racial conflict throughout the 360 servers. Halo2 was a breeding ground for little kids who thought they were teh sh!t, wouldn't suprise me if PSU turned out to be close to the same.

Typhoeus
Oct 16, 2006, 07:55 PM
Uh, I'm sure you've heard of a little store called http://www.play-asia.com? Well I satisfy all my import shopping needs there. And regardless of what numbers may tell, I decided on my own from my personal experience. I never said PC or PS2 were bad systems and by all means I hope everyone can experience PSU regardless of graphics. This topic was however about staying on the 360, which I am, and I gave my reasons why.

kyori: If I offended, I apologize.

Bleemo: Bah, your hyped up piece of teenage market aimed modern garbage iPod FAILZ. Where is the 1080p support on it, HMMM????

jarek99
Oct 16, 2006, 07:57 PM
If you have a 360, theres really no reason to play on pc or ps2.

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 08:02 PM
Bleemo: Bah, your hyped up piece of teenage market aimed modern garbage iPod FAILZ. Where is the 1080p support on it, HMMM????

Just hook that bitch up to your HDTV.

Sroblem polved.

Cross
Oct 16, 2006, 08:06 PM
Based on this beta? Not a chance in hell I'd ever set foot on the 360 version. It might look as pretty as the PC version, but it runs like the PS2 version - you get signifigant slowdown just by yourself in the Linear Line, and in a 6-player party you will always have slowdown. On the PC, I get far less slowdown, the game looks just as pretty, and if I do get slowdown I at least have the option to make it a little bit less pretty in exchange for smooth gameplay.

If the retail 360 version is actually optimized (it should be able to run at a constant 60fps regardless of what's happening onscreen - the 360 is certainly powerful enough) and is up to the standards of the (practically bug-free) PC/PS2 versions, then I'd go there, since voice chat is really, really awesome.

So far, though, the 360 version is very sub-par.

kyori
Oct 16, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-10-16 18:06, Cross wrote:
Based on this beta? Not a chance in hell I'd ever set foot on the 360 version. It might look as pretty as the PC version, but it runs like the PS2 version - you get signifigant slowdown just by yourself in the Linear Line, and in a 6-player party you will always have slowdown. On the PC, I get far less slowdown, the game looks just as pretty, and if I do get slowdown I at least have the option to make it a little bit less pretty in exchange for smooth gameplay.

If the retail 360 version is actually optimized (it should be able to run at a constant 60fps regardless of what's happening onscreen - the 360 is certainly powerful enough) and is up to the standards of the (practically bug-free) PC/PS2 versions, then I'd go there, since voice chat is really, really awesome.

So far, though, the 360 version is very sub-par.

So there is framerate issues? Keep talking, because I've been hearing its quite smooth 60 FPS myself, but having not played it I cant judge.

Cross
Oct 16, 2006, 08:15 PM
Just by rough estimate, you'll get minor slowdown to, say, 55/60 fps in certain parts of Linear Line, solo.
In Raffon or Raffon Relics, if you're in a 6-person party, you'll constantly be at about 50/60fps, and when things get really hectic, I'd say that it's probably dropped as low as 35-40.

I'll say one thing though: Slowdown on the 360 doesn't 'feel' quite as bad as slowdown on the PC, because everybody gets equal slowdown. It's not like on the PC where you'll be lagging behind running only 80% as fast as the rest of your team.

Still, after getting a smooth, mostly solid 60fps on the PC version, the beta is nearly unplayable to me. Then again, there is evidence that the 360 version put up for beta is a very old, unoptimized build, so maybe by the time the retail version hits it'll be better, but at this point I'd recommend making plans to play it on a PC if you can.

Typhoeus
Oct 16, 2006, 08:27 PM
Seemed allright to me in most cases, unless I was playing with foreign IPs (Japanese or European) then there where slowdown issues. Please remember they are BETA servers.

kyori
Oct 16, 2006, 08:29 PM
Hes talking framerate though, not lag.

TwilightSea
Oct 16, 2006, 08:30 PM
Staying with 360 since it's a pain trying to type out. I'm out of PP in the middle of combat when I can just say it.

mogshaz
Oct 16, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-10-16 18:15, Cross wrote:
Just by rough estimate, you'll get minor slowdown to, say, 55/60 fps in certain parts of Linear Line, solo.
In Raffon or Raffon Relics, if you're in a 6-person party, you'll constantly be at about 50/60fps, and when things get really hectic, I'd say that it's probably dropped as low as 35-40.

I'll say one thing though: Slowdown on the 360 doesn't 'feel' quite as bad as slowdown on the PC, because everybody gets equal slowdown. It's not like on the PC where you'll be lagging behind running only 80% as fast as the rest of your team.

Still, after getting a smooth, mostly solid 60fps on the PC version, the beta is nearly unplayable to me. Then again, there is evidence that the 360 version put up for beta is a very old, unoptimized build, so maybe by the time the retail version hits it'll be better, but at this point I'd recommend making plans to play it on a PC if you can.

I never thought i would see someone complain about 55 fps. Thats a miniscule drop in framerate. It shouldn't happen, but its nothing of real consequence. I doubt most regular people would even notice it. If it drops to 30 fps at any point we know sega is inept. The harware is just too good to accept this, but even then i wouldn't say this is a reason to switch.

Cross
Oct 16, 2006, 08:40 PM
In an ordinary game, 55 fps compared to 60fps is barely noticeable. In PSU, there's no auto frameskip, so running at 55/60 means that you're almost 10% slower than you should be. Even a drop from 60 to 58 is noticeable.

gynko06
Oct 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
Im sticking with PC version. One i like the option to switch to PS2 version to play with my buddy at same house. Also hands down more people will be playin PC/PS2. Sure alot of ppl will be playin 360 but i mean u know damn right more will sign up with PC/PS2 and those being combined awsome. And for the argument of the voice chat. I personally have a Ps2 as well as a PC. A mic too. I played tons of games where i end up typing most of the time. And as for the xbox 360 that i paly at my buddys house half teh time i dont wnat to hear what most people are saying. At least with the PC u can get a vent server or teamspeak..tons of public servers out there with always empty rooms. And invite the people u enjoy playin with to it. and if they dont have it then Learn2Type. the end

jarek99
Oct 16, 2006, 09:34 PM
Please dont use the "there will be more people on pc/ps2" excuse. It isnt valid. First of all, you dont know that. The game has not been sold to a single person in America yet. Many people cant run PSU on their PC. And PS2 is about the be a last gen console. But, lets pretend you are right and the PS2/PC has 600,000 users and Xbox360 has like 400,000 users. Were you going to play with all 600,000 of those people? No. How about just 400,000? No. Maybe youll play with 10,000 people? No you wont. I've played online games for at least 10 years and I dont think I've played with over 10,000 different people online. The game will have plenty of users for at least 2 or 3 years no matter which platform you decide to buy. Why doesnt this make any sense to anyone? I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of teenagers. Oh wait, I am.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-10-16 19:35 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hmmm, doesn't it puzzle any of you as to WHY this thread is turning into a battle of "which platform is better?" Honestly, who the f**k cares? Play PSU on WHICHEVER platform you choose, just make sure that you ENJOY THE GAME! Stop talking about "oh well I have voice chat" or "oh ya well I have a super comfy mouse." Try talking about the game instead of freaking flaming eachother and their decisions/beliefs.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
Is it just me or is this thread just drenched in blatant fanboyism?

SandstormX
Oct 16, 2006, 09:49 PM
I will be playing PSU on the PC. Playing on the 360 has been fun however, but since my mic not working I'm used to typing so its no problem.

watashiwa
Oct 16, 2006, 10:08 PM
I played the PC version for awhile and had steady 60fps.. at first, when I played the 360 version, I was kind of annoyed at the slowdown that happens at times... HOWEVER, it isn't nearly as bad as PS2's slowdown.. It's still very playable and I'm used to it... In addition to that, I have re-preordered the 360 version and I believe it's going to be my primary platform. (Even tho' I ordered the PC version too..)

I don't think I can give up the voice chat and I've met a lot of cool people playing this Beta who are getting the final 360 game.. So, yeah, I'm sticking with the 360 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-16 20:08 ]</font>

Blueblur
Oct 16, 2006, 10:10 PM
I have you on my friends list, but haven't played with you yet wata. That has to be taken cared of. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Frog
Oct 16, 2006, 10:14 PM
360 is the only choice in my eyes. 360 has voicechat, 720p, 60fps, and the ability to play Extra Mode Offline

PS2 clocks in at 640x480 @ 30fps with no voicechat.

PC has no voicechat and you cannot play single-player or Extra mode offline.

Saner
Oct 16, 2006, 10:15 PM
Xbox360 already looks and feels perfect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ill still get PS2 version too though, just in case I visit a relative and cant take my X360 but can bring my PS2.

Numnuttz
Oct 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
stickin with 360. it was my first choice and will be my final.

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:14, Frog wrote:
360 is the only choice in my eyes. 360 has voicechat, 720p, 60fps, and the ability to play Extra Mode Offline

PS2 clocks in at 640x480 @ 30fps with no voicechat.

PC has no voicechat and you cannot play single-player or Extra mode offline.

Oh no! I can't play extra mode offline? If your computer has no internet you should just go kill yourself anyways. And applications can take care of voice chat. I enjoy both the 360 and PC but the PS2 I find icky...

Phantom42
Oct 16, 2006, 10:21 PM
you gotta love the 360 version theirs nothing wrong with it at all in my books and everyone is just so gosh darn friendly online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elleranda
Oct 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
As far as I'm concerned, people can choose whichever platform they want. Me? I'm glad the 360 is seperate from the PC/PS2 servers, as I tend to dislike the kind of person X-Box attracts. And I don't want some twelve year old yelling in my ear, either.

watashiwa
Oct 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
It's pretty humorous that one bad experience with Halo online will wreck a person to dislike XBox or the 360 completely forever. Scarring them for life, I tell ya.

Raba
Oct 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm getting happier as the beta goes on and i make new characters to play each of the races and jobs. And it helped a TON when they added in 8 more servers today or yesterday so that I could actually play up until about 7pm, at which time the 18 servers were full. 360 for me.

ProfessorZ
Oct 16, 2006, 10:35 PM
Seriously I'll state it again. Join Session in Progress FTMFW!!!!!! This has to be more of the dumber topics I've see on these forums

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 09:36 AM
On 2006-10-16 19:34, jarek99 wrote:
Please dont use the "there will be more people on pc/ps2" excuse. It isnt valid. First of all, you dont know that. The game has not been sold to a single person in America yet. Many people cant run PSU on their PC. And PS2 is about the be a last gen console. But, lets pretend you are right and the PS2/PC has 600,000 users and Xbox360 has like 400,000 users. Were you going to play with all 600,000 of those people? No. How about just 400,000? No. Maybe youll play with 10,000 people? No you wont. I've played online games for at least 10 years and I dont think I've played with over 10,000 different people online. The game will have plenty of users for at least 2 or 3 years no matter which platform you decide to buy. Why doesnt this make any sense to anyone? I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of teenagers. Oh wait, I am.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-10-16 19:35 ]</font>

10,000 people? the hell you playing? a pirate RO server? Wow Alone has over 4 million registed users and On any server at any given time there about 800,000 to 100,000 users online per server. Eve has 20,000 at any given time, hell dragon fables gets atleast 15k.

But anywyas does it maker how many people are online you can online play with 6 of them anyways.

princejake2
Oct 17, 2006, 09:56 AM
I think you missed the point, Genobee.

Anyway back on subject - I don't have a 360, so its ps2 for me. I am borrowing my pal's console to play the beta and I'm not impressed by the voice chat. All I've heard in that blasted microphone is whiney children and assholes.

Also, it seems to lag horribly even solo. I can hit a monster six times and he wont take any damage, then a few seconds later he will die of unexplained causes. I can also use a monomate/dimate and it will do the animation and remove it from my inventory but not heal me. Of course, that may just be the servers and not the console.

mogshaz
Oct 17, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:56, princejake2 wrote:
I think you missed the point, Genobee.

Anyway back on subject - I don't have a 360, so its ps2 for me. I am borrowing my pal's console to play the beta and I'm not impressed by the voice chat. All I've heard in that blasted microphone is whiney children and assholes.

Also, it seems to lag horribly even solo. I can hit a monster six times and he wont take any damage, then a few seconds later he will die of unexplained causes. I can also use a monomate/dimate and it will do the animation and remove it from my inventory but not heal me. Of course, that may just be the servers and not the console.

Thats is the connection lag not system slowdown and i don't see how you can base every your opinion on voice on conversatiosn you have with complete strangers. If soeone crank calls you will you swear off telephone conversations aswell?

princejake2
Oct 17, 2006, 10:05 AM
Anyway to improve your connection then? Be helpful to know for when I'm playing on PS2, because connection lag + any slowdown = ouch.

Also, you are going to talk to strangers. You can really help but base your opinions on the strangers because your friends won't be annoying on the mic, and you can't form a proper opinion on anything without unbaised sampling (the strangers). It just doesn't seem that great of a feature when the majorty of people I listen to are idiots.

And if a crank calls me I'll just hang up. No big shit.

tyler2zelda
Oct 17, 2006, 10:06 AM
Extra Mode is in the PS2 version, Frog XD

Kent
Oct 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-10-16 17:57, jarek99 wrote:
If you have a 360, theres really no reason to play on pc or ps2.

I have a 360, and I'll be playing the PC version - because I'll be playing with friends of mine that don't have Xbox 360s.

So therefore, there can be a reason to play on PC or PS2, if you have a 360.

FrogKicker
Oct 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
For all the ps2bies knockin the voicechat on the 360...god I can't wair for it to hit the ps3 and watch you glorify it like it's the best thing since memory cards.

It's ok to admit you only hate it cause it's on the 360 and not your ps2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I am here for you, it's all right to let it all out...

DraginHikari
Oct 17, 2006, 11:04 AM
I wish the game would just get out already so all these kinds of topics would just go always

We've heard this issue between the systems so many times already, who cares? I don't own and X360 and I never will. However I haven nothing again it. However this stuff is the only gripe I've had with the X360 verison since it was announced, it's just created more crap between people.

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 11:24 AM
You didn't need a 360 version to create more of that stuff. From my experience, fanboys existed long before first Xbox even existed, in the public eye. I can't fault a version coming out for making people do what they would've done, anyway.

As for the original Topic. Being the question was directed to those who have the 360 and played the beta. My answer is yes. My friends are going there, my computer (even though it's great for the latest RTS and strategy games) is way outclassed by my console specs, and the widescreen is beautiful. Even the chat log window barely blocks a small part of the screen area I would normally see on my PC version (without the chat log).

I had the beta running well at 1380x768. Gotta love the monitor options.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-17 09:26 ]</font>

justbrak
Oct 17, 2006, 11:34 AM
Voice chat rules all other options for playing this game in my opinion. My friends and I have been able to take on monsters that we had no right attacking because we could communicate so well with eachother. I also love the voice chat in a room. Great to hang out and bs. Love the fact that when I invite my friends into the game when they hop on or are playing somehting else they appear in my room. THis way we can TALK (not type) What we want to do next. I have yet to hear an annoying kid or jerk stranger. But then I make sure to not han out my partner card to just anybody either. Love the controller for action. Just can't beat it.

Mazoku
Oct 17, 2006, 11:39 AM
I'd much rather play PSU on my 61" HDTV than on my widescreen computer monitor. Maybe if I didn't have to run PSU in windowed mode on my PC it'd actually run decently. I like the voice chat on 360 also.

I have a few friends who will be playing on PC but in my situation I can't bear to do it, the difference in quality of gameplay is huge. Anyways, I have friends to play with on 360 also.

Regoris
Oct 17, 2006, 12:01 PM
PC for me. I played the 360 version and loved it but 1) My 26 in HDTV coompresses the text so much I can't see how much HP I have and 2. I am just so used to playing any and everything on the PC. I can't really sit down and play my 360 for more than 2 hours, or any console for that matter I don't know why hehe. Yet I can sit up and play World of Warcraft for a good 6-7 hours. PC for me!

Sev
Oct 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
I played the 360PSU beta, and I'll be getting the PC version when it comes out. My monitor is enough for me, and my computer chair is comfortable to sit in. All of my Team is going to be on PC/PS2 as well so that's a big part of the reason why I'll be there. The other reason is my lack of 360ness and an HDTV.

I didn't use voicechat my whole time on there, because me and voicechat don't get along. Voicechat does not support my voice, from my experience. Vent and TS do, from my experience.

I still don't understand why we can't all get along as PSU fans, instead of being seperated by consoles and the neverending "My PSU is better then your's!" argument.

OgSoulja
Oct 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
Ps2 for me, not gonna pay $400 for 1 game. And who knows ps2 has mics too, maybe one day they will let us use mics if not idc. Shout out to all those ps2/PC people ima see ya soon!!

Sev
Oct 17, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-10-17 10:20, OgSoulja wrote:
Ps2 for me, not gonna pay $400 for 1 game. And who knows ps2 has mics too, maybe one day they will let us use mics if not idc. Shout out to all those ps2/PC people ima see ya soon!!

Before someone else gets to it and possibly makes this out to be alot worse then it is... No, I don't think they'll ever put in support for the PS2 microphone. Really, it's not THAT needed, because some people get used to fighting and typing... I can't deny that it'd be much easier to talk, but there's some people who can't do that... Just like there's some who can't type and play at the same time.

Minswune
Oct 17, 2006, 12:35 PM
Keeping the 360 version for sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Xbox 360: 400 dollars
Copy of PSU for the 360: 60 dollars
Scaring the hell out of horny people going up to a female character saying "Hey baby whats up", only to respond in a a mans voice: Priceless.

Saigan
Oct 17, 2006, 12:40 PM
I have a 360 and will still be on PS2 cus my comp sucks and all my friends are gonna be on PS2/PC... minues one. Curse you Sharkyland- why can't you be on PC???

Oh- and I've only had two parties who didn't irritate me with voice chat, and one of them was German so I couldn't tell if they were obnoxious or not anyway.

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
10,000 people? the hell you playing? a pirate RO server? Wow Alone has over 4 million registed users and On any server at any given time there about 800,000 to 100,000 users online per server.
WoW has millions of subscribers...but you dont PLAY with all of them. They are just there. You will only interact with a small fraction of them. And you are wrong about 800,000 users on a single server. You just made that stat up.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-10-17 11:47, jarek99 wrote:

10,000 people? the hell you playing? a pirate RO server? Wow Alone has over 4 million registed users and On any server at any given time there about 800,000 to 100,000 users online per server.
WoW has millions of subscribers...but you dont PLAY with all of them. They are just there. You will only interact with a small fraction of them. And you are wrong about 800,000 users on a single server. You just made that stat up.

80,000 my bad.

FrogKicker
Oct 17, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-17 11:52, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-10-17 11:47, jarek99 wrote:

80,000 my bad.

Wrong again. It's closer to 10k per server

Flame
Oct 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
will the ps2 version really be that horrid online? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-10-17 11:55, Flame wrote:
will the ps2 version really be that horrid online? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

itll be fine. just dont expect the framerate youll get on 360 or a good PC.

ZeroG
Oct 17, 2006, 02:53 PM
I played the Beta. I am staying on the 360 to play. First, and most importantly, because it is the only option to available to me. And secondly, because I had a really good time playing the Beta.

As for the "voice chat vs. keyboard" thing. Let me put it this way.... it has been my experience that idiots can annoy me, whether or not I can hear their voices. I was annoyed a few times with idiot kids on the Beta when they would shout in my headset, type obscene things with those face icons you can bring up, or pretend to do sexual gestures in the lobbies to other people. Until the world solves its idiot problem, I figure I will continue to be annoyed by them, voice or not.

Razorback
Oct 17, 2006, 03:10 PM
are you high? why play with a crappy pc controller or a keyboard when i can use a xbox 360 wireless controller with voice built into the game? and also, i paid $300 for an xbox and its all mine so i wouldnt have to worry about my sister wanting to play on it (like with a pc) and all my friends have 360 so ill take the ovious one and im getting the pc

Nephias
Oct 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
PC version for me,I'd like to play the 360 ver. however I lack a 360 and HDTV.Oh well maybe in the future perhaps.

Yoruichi
Oct 17, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:10, Razorback wrote:
are you high? why play with a crappy pc controller or a keyboard when i can use a xbox 360 wireless controller with voice built into the game? and also, i paid $300 for an xbox and its all mine so i wouldnt have to worry about my sister wanting to play on it (like with a pc) and all my friends have 360 so ill take the ovious one and im getting the pc

Funny you mention that, I think the question is, "are you a independent?"

I will play on a PC, not only will I be using a 360 controller, I have better control over voice chat. Oh and I have my own apt and paid for my PC so I have no siblings only thing to disrupt my playing is bf aggro http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sev
Oct 17, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:10, Razorback wrote:
are you high?

No.

why play with a crappy pc controller or a keyboard when i can use a xbox 360 wireless controller with voice built into the game?

Because we want to. Obviously.

People still assume that any controller you get for the PC will be crap? And moreso, they believe that typing is outdated or something? I can't knock the utility of Voice Chat, but I don't like it all the same. I can afford to stop for a few seconds and type a response and most of the time... You don't need to stop to talk in the middle of a fight.

It's all about preference man. Preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-10-17 23:21 ]</font>

Brus
Oct 17, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'm playing on PC, but I'm kind of upset knowing that the 360 one has native widescreen whereas the pc one doesnt. Not to mention there is this nice effect on the 360 one of blurring the distance (kinda like windwaker) which the PC one also doesnt have. Oh yeah and the 360 one is dolby digital, but the PC one only allows you the choice of mono and stereo. Then again I'm not sure if that means the 360 one is DD 5.1 or DD 2.0. And yes, I am a GFX monkey (that is when it doesnt affect anything else.) Although I will be using a 360 controller. hahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-10-17 15:20 ]</font>

Brittaintrail
Oct 17, 2006, 05:21 PM
No doubt I'll be on the 360. I hear complaints about graphic slowdown. Persoally I never expierenced any. Though I did have trouble getting on the servers I think it was my connection so playing on PC wouldnt help.

Main Reason for me is portability. My parents are divorced so i go back and forth every week. It would be hell to drag a computer arround instead of a xbox as big as it may be, it wins the portability contest. As for playstation I dont think it would make since in any wayy to go with that because you lose graphics speed and chat.

xJermariox
Oct 17, 2006, 11:25 PM
I was going to get this game for the PC, but after playing the beta on the 360 made my change my mine. Playing this game at max settings and using voice chat is great. On my pc I can barely run the game at low setting so it looks and plays really shiity. The reason I was going PC to hope and find PSOGC friends because PS2/PC had a bigger popluation and I was hoping to find some there. So yeah 360 for me and ive already made new friends so im good to go.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 17, 2006, 11:27 PM
xbox live has convinced me that xbox is not the way I want to go.

gynko06
Oct 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
PC for ME...seen a friend play the jap version as well as teh Beta version and for me the PC version is just more convient.. My PC is decked out fully and as well as his and it runs at a whoppin 60-95 FPS. And my comp is pretty much a clone so i have no worries with the PC. 360 does look nice on a HDTV but its not worth the money for a HDTV it wasnt taht big of a differnce for me to go get a HDTV. IF u have a HD then im sure go fo rthe 360. But most of my friends are going to be using PS2/PC so ya. but im sure we will all have one hell of a time once it comes out no matter what version u play.

Eclypse
Oct 18, 2006, 02:31 AM

Flame6
Oct 18, 2006, 02:32 AM

Ryoten
Oct 18, 2006, 09:47 AM
Its seem that everyone is set on begin on the 360. But if you want to play with the PC & or PS2 people, you will have to choose one of these. Its too bad that all of it can be connected.

Thrash777
Oct 18, 2006, 09:58 AM
360 > PS2 + PC

Security, comfort, communication, smooth, beautiful...
Need I go on?

OgSoulja
Oct 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
On 2006-10-18 07:58, Thrash777 wrote:
360 > PS2 + PC

Need I go on?

You left out this, It blows.I ouldn't careless abouyt the consoles, its the fuggin game we're gonna be playing who cares about what console u gonna play it on. Also u forgot to add that Xbox bites off ps2 hard k? thanks. stop worrying about which console is beter aand just get the game and enjoy!!!!!

EnixBelmont
Oct 18, 2006, 10:09 AM
I wish all were connected. But I'm definitely getting the PC version. It has inarguably the best controller(It can use both the others and many more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), has Ventrilo voice chat if you really wanted it(I don't really care, but it's there), graphics equal to 360(almost. Slightly worse, but the difference is VERY minor), doesn't have the community of Xbox live(no offense, but have you played halo 2? And already I saw at least 6 people humping people in the beta. And I played about an hour total.) And it's just plain cheaper. 50$ > the 60$ 360 one. And it's much more convienent for me, for multiple reasons.

In conclusion,

PC = Xbox 360 > PS2. PS2 is still fine, but if you have a good PC and a 360, whats the point?

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 10:25 AM
People seem to be forgetting pc psu users can customize their computers to reduce latency along with better their connection with their modems, as for the 360 users can't configure their hard drives wich means latency will collectivly get worst as the population rises can joo say "lagg spikes?" but then again they could update their modems but anyone hardly updates their modems anyway. As for the ps2 users, anyone not using T1 lan connection by now is gonna be mighty pissed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueInfinity on 2006-10-18 08:34 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Exactly, I COULD get it on 360, but I won't. That extra $10 can be used for an extra month on PC, and the Xbox community is well... buncha kids, bastards, retards, and fanboys. Sure, I've had an Xbox and have a 360, but I'll be damned if I'll ever be associated with those heathens.

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-10-18 08:09, EnixBelmont wrote:
I wish all were connected. But I'm definitely getting the PC version. It has inarguably the best controller(It can use both the others and many more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), has Ventrilo voice chat if you really wanted it(I don't really care, but it's there), graphics equal to 360(almost. Slightly worse, but the difference is VERY minor), doesn't have the community of Xbox live(no offense, but have you played halo 2? And already I saw at least 6 people humping people in the beta. And I played about an hour total.) And it's just plain cheaper. 50$ > the 60$ 360 one. And it's much more convienent for me, for multiple reasons.

In conclusion,

PC = Xbox 360 > PS2. PS2 is still fine, but if you have a good PC and a 360, whats the point?

Exactly, but sadly I don't have a good PC nor a X360, so its PS2 for me.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 10:37 AM
Mag_Launcher just killed the topic! o_0 but seriously tho he just owned the hell outta the 360.

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'd like to point out that I've experienced an evenly proportioned amount of asshats on both the 360 Beta and PSO DC/GC thusfar. I'd also point out that there's plenty of nice individuals too, and that I'll be staying away from the couple posters above mine, REGARDLESS of the platform I choose.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well it's nice to know that you care about us so much.

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
Heh, then you obviously misunderstood what I was saying.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 AM
Disclaimer: Previous post may contain sarcasm. IN CASE IT YOU DIDN'T GET IT THE FIRST TIME.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-18 09:11 ]</font>

Legenden
Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 AM
If my PC wasn`t good enough and:
*I had a XB360 I would buy that version.
*I had a PS2 and/or was planning to buy the PS3 I would go for that version.
*Since I have a decent PC with a 32"Widescreen LCD TV and a great game Pad, I will buy the PC version, why not, it has or will have everything the XB360 version have,..

As long as It`s PSU you can`t go wrong:)

James2006
Oct 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
staying with the 360

Tzaikun
Oct 18, 2006, 12:37 PM
As a first time player in the PS universe, I plan on staying on the 360. My cousin who I usually party with on PSU, had a tough decision on picking up the PC or 360 version. He finally decided to pick up the 360 version when it comes out.

ZeroG
Oct 18, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-10-18 08:34, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Exactly, I COULD get it on 360, but I won't. That extra $10 can be used for an extra month on PC, and the Xbox community is well... buncha kids, bastards, retards, and fanboys. Sure, I've had an Xbox and have a 360, but I'll be damned if I'll ever be associated with those heathens.

And everyone I met in PSO for the DC/GC was SOOOOOO mature and intelligent. No....REALLY.....

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah yeah, there's bad people everywhere, it's just Xbox Live as a whole has a reputation behind it, so, meh.

P.S., I couldn't care less what you sheep have to say about it now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-18 11:47 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Xbox Live doesn't have the bad reputation. Only Halo did. And for some strange reason, some people like to equate ALL of Xbox Live to a few bad Halo experiences, people had.

On other online games, I have had yet to experience anything of that level that Halo reported as.

That's like equating all of the PC online gaming world to people's experiences with Guild Wars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 11:53 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 01:51 PM
Then we should all shut the hell up about it, then, and go about our business. But I can't just let you people voice your biased opinions and not have my own to tell.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-10-18 07:58, Thrash777 wrote:
360 > PS2 + PC

Need I go on?

security comfort communication...all these shown on monday *nods*

ok seriously, I hope it was a fluke too and think it likely wont be a problem later, I just couldnt not say anything. XD sorry

PS: Im going pc/ps2 bigger playerbase, more friends there, and not buying another 360 that doesnt have games I want (I use my friends)

Losodo1976
Oct 18, 2006, 03:14 PM

The best version? More like a "Let's hurry up and port this game to 360 for more money" version, lol.

SLA7E
Oct 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Sticking to 360 it will have a nice amount of people playing, i like playing with my controller and i like using voiche chat =)

cobfab
Oct 19, 2006, 07:02 AM
On 2006-10-18 08:34, Mag_Launcher wrote:

I'm sure you fall in one or all of the categories there lol. Everyone of us does. PS2/PC servers will probably have 2 or 3x more kids, bastards, retards, and fanboys with keyboards lol.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:41 AM
the funnist thing ever is the fact that people are using the voice chat as leverage against the PC and PS2. heres reasons why you can't

A. When has the last time the voice chat in the lobby has been used for anything other then arguing over being legit or not and blerting overly racist comments or some idiot asking some stupid question or some retard that can't figure out that we don't wanna hear his crappy muffled crackly RAP music thats just drowning out everyone anyways.

B. When has the last time some one using a voice mask diddn't sound like a flipping retard who just annoys everyone.

Yeah pretty much Ventrilo is the same thing as voice chat with out all that crap and it sounds better.

Sanjiro
Oct 19, 2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah in order to stay my cool self, I'm planning on getting it for PC, 360, & PS2. If possible transfer I'll also get it for the PS3. Wii??? Naahhh! lol. It'll be a lot to habdle but hey, I am in fact the darkest and hardest person you'll ever meet.

ZeroG
Oct 19, 2006, 10:27 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:41, Genobee wrote:A. When has the last time the voice chat in the lobby has been used for anything other then arguing over being legit or not and blerting overly racist comments or some idiot asking some stupid question or some retard that can't figure out that we don't wanna hear his crappy muffled crackly RAP music thats just drowning out everyone anyways.

In the beta, I've never even heard voice chat used in the lobbies. I am not even sure if it is possible, since you seem to have to be able to select the secial PSU Party chat in the voice settings from the Dashboard blade. Meaning, basically, voice chat is only enabled for you for those in your party, not just anyone.

B. When has the last time some one using a voice mask diddn't sound like a flipping retard who just annoys everyone.

In all the time I have played Xbox Live, I think I have heard people using voice masking twice. And they were no less or more annoying than any other screaming idiot.

Toruxxx
Oct 19, 2006, 10:37 AM
Im staying with 360. Cant belive ive got to wait till next month to get the game tho >.<

Toruxxx
Oct 19, 2006, 10:38 AM
Im staying with 360. Cant belive ive got to wait till next month to get the game tho >.<

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:27, ZeroG wrote:

On 2006-10-19 05:41, Genobee wrote:A. When has the last time the voice chat in the lobby has been used for anything other then arguing over being legit or not and blerting overly racist comments or some idiot asking some stupid question or some retard that can't figure out that we don't wanna hear his crappy muffled crackly RAP music thats just drowning out everyone anyways.

In the beta, I've never even heard voice chat used in the lobbies. I am not even sure if it is possible, since you seem to have to be able to select the secial PSU Party chat in the voice settings from the Dashboard blade. Meaning, basically, voice chat is only enabled for you for those in your party, not just anyone.

In all the time I have played Xbox Live, I think I have heard people using voice masking twice. And they were no less or more annoying than any other screaming idiot.

wow you musta not have played very much cause every time you walked itno AP1 there was atleast 10 or 20 poeople with a voice mask on. Unless all 13 year olds have the same high graining voice of annoyance

Dingo
Oct 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
International servers for 360 may not be a plus, look at FFXI ... :S .

krayzie
Oct 19, 2006, 11:19 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:27, ZeroG wrote:

the only way to use voice chat is if ur in a party/your Room/or Private chat. u cant use V/C in the lobby's w/o being in one of those

Cross
Oct 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
This is only semi on-topic but I just figured I'd toss this into the first 360-related thread available: Thanks mainly to Blue Dragon, it's possible that there'll be a bit of a spike in the number of Japanese 360 players on the servers. 100,000 of the damn things sold in just the last little while in Japan is pretty crazy; that more or less bumps up the total Japanese userbase by 33% or so, if I recall my sales correctly.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4037&Itemid=2

The special edition, of which there are about 10,000 units, sold out almost immediately, with the further 90,000 standard units selling fast. Next-Gen spoke to a number of retailers in Tokyo who reported brisk sales or sell-outs of allocations.

Link00seven
Oct 19, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'll be on the 360 version. I don't have a PS2 anymore and my PC sucks...so there ya go.

Tystys
Oct 19, 2006, 02:50 PM
PC.
Most of my friends in RL are getting it for the PS2 or PC

adamgnome104
Oct 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
No, I bought an Xbox360 just for this and some Gundam game coming out soon, haha, and the graphics look to nice.

I also enjoy the voice chat...but I'm too shy to have done it with anyone on the Beta yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2006-10-19 12:54 ]</font>

RoughLion
Oct 19, 2006, 03:13 PM
guys i dont know about you but im doing pc and ps2. it is alot better becaus i have alot of mem on my comp than a xbox i dont have to worry about my xbox breaking up or not being able to turn on or being able to read the game. and i dont want team speak because of people being retards playing music in the lobbies that no one gives a dam about spamming words or just being the retards that they are so im going to stick witht he reading and typing besides makes my fingers work faster

RoughLion
Oct 19, 2006, 03:19 PM
sry guys im sticking with the pc an di got reasons why1. i dont feel liek going to best buy to buy a 400 $ system when i have a comp at home with 60 gb of space 2. i dont like voice chat what if osmeone really annyoing and yes this happens alot come and spams all over in the party doing some stupid stuff like they do in all the other game so im sticking to reading and typing 3. because it will be alot of people in the pc and ps2 servers because of people not wanting to buy a 360 because of the news that peple have spread.because of more people having ps2 and pc than a 360 and because of some people liking to type then talk because they dont want there voice to be heard or they just dont want to hear annoying noises that people do so yea im going ot go with the pc/ps2 for sure

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
Sticking with the 360 here. Gamertag is Graffiti Rip, look me up if you wanna group up.

James2006
Oct 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
RoughLion I believe the post was supposed to be about whether 360 beta users were going to stick with the 360 version, not if you were going to go out and buy the system and game. You can use mute, blacklist, and pick who can join your party or not to stop people from annoying you with voice chat, but that is beside the point.