PDA

View Full Version : Could there eventually be Non-PP weapons?

Scirrocco
Oct 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
I was looking through a list of PSO rares, and i noticed there were some older style weapons that didn't use photon. There were AK47s, sniper rifles, hammers, and of course steel katanas. If these appeared in PSO it wouldn't make sense for them to have Photon arts. So maybe they could do something different with them.

Basically, they could give them high abilities like a rare should have, but they couldn't use PP. THe down side is they wouldn't use photon arts. Hunters would be limited to low level photon arts and rangers couldn't have any elemental effect attached to them. The up side is they could be used all the time. Rangers would benefit the most since they would always have a gun to use if they ran out of PP on their other ones. Hunter weapons might have high stats to make up for no PAs, or you might be able to use low level (5 or so) photon arts indefinitly. Forces could even benefit since they could have weapons with no PA since you can only nave 36. It frees up more for them.

Do you think this is something ST might do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scirrocco on 2006-10-16 12:09 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
I highly doubt it, PP and PAs are what the game unique. Even if they were taken from PSO, they will give them the PSU upgrade and make it like every other usable weapon.

Slitz
Oct 16, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm having hihg doubts...

but it... could happen,
I still doubt it.... meh, w/e.

I really don't like the idea.

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 02:20 PM
I'd still like for you to try to explain how a technique could be attached to a wand with no photon energy...

Scirrocco
Oct 16, 2006, 02:22 PM
I'm not saying there should be a lot of them, just an uncommon rare. Photon weapons would still be better in some cases because they would get elemental damage bonuses and effects like freeze, silence, paralyze, etc. or whatever special ablities they had. These would just be all around decent weapons.

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:20, Valkayree wrote:
I'd still like for you to try to explain how a technique could be attached to a wand with no photon energy...

Simple. Duct tape...lots of duct tape.

Remember kids, if you cant duck it...

SpishackCola
Oct 16, 2006, 02:24 PM
I gonna go with...no

Valkayree
Oct 16, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:23, tr8ergirl wrote:

Lol, duct tape yep, that could work, and super glue. Then we could call it a POS wand, standing for Piece of S#@#

DarkShadowX
Oct 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
Of course, Duct Tape can solve almost all problems. Anyways, while it would be interesting to see I don't think there will be non-PP weps.

Rizen
Oct 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
What do you mean duct tape can save ALMOST all problems? It can solve ANY problem. Need to hope something together? Use duct tape. Got a leak? Use duct tape. Your sister wont shut up? Use duct tape. You got a problem with your relationship? Use duct tape...trust me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Back on topic...its already been said the Yasminkov -guns are going to be making a return, but im sure they will have PP and Bullet PAs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-16 12:41 ]</font>

Scirrocco
Oct 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
True, but duct tape takes some time to use. You can't get it off the roll and apply it immediatly. So any problem that requires a quick response is a problem duct tape might not be able to solve.

Hmmm.. But if you try preventive care, and apply duct tape before hand.... Touche, me.

Back on topic, i'm surprised at how negative the responses have been. I thought it would be a fairly cool idea for an all purpose back up weapon. But i see a lot of people don't think it will happen. /shrug

Vhex
Oct 16, 2006, 02:57 PM
No. Having a rare weapon without a photon art would be like a downgrade from a normal weapon.

FrogKicker
Oct 16, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:57, Vhex wrote:
No. Having a rare weapon without a photon art would be like a downgrade from a normal weapon.

Way to go off topic. Can't you see we are discussing the many uses of duct tape?

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 16, 2006, 03:02 PM
I can see some non-PA weapons showing up. Having an unsually high ATP could very well make up for a total inability to attach a PA. As it stands, we already have 3 grades of weapons available-- Those with high ATP and low PP, those with high PP and low ATP, and those with the rough average of the other two. That they could conceivably create weapons with shockingly high ATP and no PP whatsoever isn't really that much of a stretch, and would furthermore offer the player a choice to make: Do I use a weaker weapon that lets me do fancy stuff, or do I can the fancy stuff and go for the raw power? It's an interesting consideration.

Rizen
Oct 16, 2006, 03:11 PM
After reading through it again...I think I may have let a bit of my biase get in the way.

Do you mean like have the old PSO weapons as funny type weapons like Toy Hammer and the Wok that are just for fun? If so I guess its a good idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-16 13:12 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't mind some rare non-PP using weapons. If any enemies use energy repelling or absorbing Force fields/Shields, those "sheilds" would mean nothing to high-grade high ATP non-PP weapons.

Like in "Star Gate: SG-1" energy-projectile weps couldn't penetrate the energy shield of the Replicator "spiders", but normal bullets/armor-piercing rounds tore the Replicators to shreds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-10-16 13:24 ]</font>

Fleece
Oct 16, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-10-16 12:23, tr8ergirl wrote:

.....Fuck It?

Ryven
Oct 16, 2006, 03:38 PM
Hm, I could see non PP weapons in PSU, but I still kind of doubt it would happen. Weapons like the Agito's which are old style weapons that don't use photon energy anyway, could possibly be non PP weapons. Very high ATP, but no PA's. It may take away from the strategy part of the game, not conserving PP and such, but it isn't the most farfetched idea I've ever heard.

Trinitystar
Oct 16, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-10-16 13:11, Rizen wrote:
After reading through it again...I think I may have let a bit of my biase get in the way.

Do you mean like have the old PSO weapons as funny type weapons like Toy Hammer and the Wok that are just for fun? If so I guess its a good idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-16 13:12 ]</font>

Rizen I loved your Video http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif