PDA

View Full Version : Console Version Comparison?

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, I didn't see this on the first five pages or in the FAQs, though I'm sure this has been asked before, I apologize in advance.

I need some feedback on the PC version of PSU, compared to the 360. I'm not talking about additional features or anything like that.

Right now my brother and I might play - we have two kind of old computers, and only one 360 with a big screen TV. So, get another 360, or switch to the PC?

I've heard a lot of mixed comments on this, I read one place that the PC/PS2 will have more users than the 360, and yet I'm reading that more people here will be sticking to the 360 after playing the beta. All the hype I've heard so far is for the 360, people either love it for the 360 or don't want to play it at all.

That being said, it seems like the PC version is possibly 'not that good', but I don't really know enough about it to know why. I was under the impression that hacking wouldn't be a problem anymore no matter which version you buy. I would assume that the updates and patches would be the same for all versions.

I saw quite a few bugs on the 360 version (room bug, tutorial crashing, etc.), are those all going to be fixed by the retail?

I'm just not too sure which one to buy anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

d0x
Oct 16, 2006, 05:19 PM
The bugs in the 360 version were mostly due to content being removed from the demo. PSO/PSU are console RPG's and should be played that way.

What could be better then getting comfy on a couch playing the game? I have an uber PC, a PS2 and a 360. Im going to play the 360 version. It looks great on my HDTV, sounds great in 5.1, and sitting in a lov sac beats my desk chair anyday of the week.

I think we will see the 360 version become the dedicated version of PSU since the 360 is the optimal console for it.

The controler works really well too. So buy another 360 and I'll see you online.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 16, 2006, 05:22 PM
PC has less hype cause its already been out in japan for a while now where as 360 is having its first release in a week. the bugs 360 has now will be fixed or eventually since the 360 has a harddrive. How bad are your PC's cause no real point in having 2 xbox360's. The money u would spend on a 360 could be used to upgrade 2 PC's( thats if they need minimal upgrades, you dont need the best to play this game)

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 16, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-10-16 15:19, d0x wrote:
The bugs in the 360 version were mostly due to content being removed from the demo. PSO/PSU are console RPG's and should be played that way.

What could be better then getting comfy on a couch playing the game? I have an uber PC, a PS2 and a 360. Im going to play the 360 version. It looks great on my HDTV, sounds great in 5.1, and sitting in a lov sac beats my desk chair anyday of the week.

I think we will see the 360 version become the dedicated version of PSU since the 360 is the optimal console for it.

The controler works really well too. So buy another 360 and I'll see you online.

I have my normal desk chair and a comfy couch in my room lol, plus i play on laptop so gg i can play anywhere http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

d0x
Oct 16, 2006, 05:24 PM
He's gonna have to spend about $200 per PC to upgrade them to a level that would let him play the game at decent settings, it wont look very good on a midrange PC...not that its a mindblowing game but if you want it to be the best it can for the least money at the end of the day a 360 is the way to go.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 05:33 PM
1. Get 360 wired controller. (Or, a usb adapter for a PS2 controller, that works, too.)
2. Hook up to PC
3. ???
4. Profit. And thus, PC version not playing like console argument is null and void.

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 05:33 PM
Other than the universal voice chat for 360 and maybe, if I read correctly, the slowdowns of the PS2 version....I don't see how anyone could objectify those 3 choices.

As for me, the Voice chat on the 360 has been totally awesome. If the party I was in wasn't talkin about the game while doin the mission, we were just plain having conversations. I can't excalty see that happening with a keyboard unless you can run and attack with one hand and type with the other....

Of course some may argue that you can use 3rd party programs for the PC, but...how many people playing the PC version really use that other than your friends that I guess you will play with all the time and never play a random person? How many people even own mics?

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-10-16 15:33, Mag_Launcher wrote:
1. Get 360 wired controller. (Or, a usb adapter for a PS2 controller, that works, too.)
2. Hook up to PC
3. ???
4. Profit. And thus, PC version not playing like console argument is null and void.

Well, that's cool if you want to use a controller.

Another reason why I won't go for the PC version is comfortability and I'm sure it's the same for probably most people that have a PC. I know my PC isn't exactly set up to be played like I would play with my TV and I'm VERY sure that's case for most PC users.

Of course if you do have it set up like a TV or you used method to put the video output on TV or somethin that's cool, but that's just something that most people don't have and is not willing to buy just play one game.

And I am THU.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 05:45 PM
The voice chat I'm not too sure about, LOL.

I definitely liked having it, but the 'problem' was I had at least two groups that all they would do was make fun of the emotes and how many of them they could turn into sexual references. I also had some of people who I would rather not have heard their voices, and some who wouldn't turn theirs off so I had to listen to their breathing.

And then there were the games where people didn't have microphones, granted it was annoying, but it was more irritating having one-sided conversations than just complete silence.

And my current video card and my brother's are Direct X 8, so it will probably be slow, but we're not buying new ones right now since the Direct X 10 cards are coming out in November, or December, I forget which. So I'm not sure really which would be better at this point. I suppose it depends on whether or not we actually need another 360 to play anything else.

d0x
Oct 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well the DX10 cards are going to be expensive. You wont see real "low end" cards for at least a year and even those will be $250+ for a while.

I can see where your comin from about voice chat but the trick is finding a group of friends to play with and stick withem. Thats what I did on Dreamcast and Xbox and it made the experience the best I've ever had not only online but gaming altogether.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 05:49 PM
Ok, and what the hell does projecting the screen on a TV have to do with anything? Can't a person just play a PC game with a controller, ON A MONITOR, or is that too normal sounding for you?

"Comfortability" is the entire reason why a person will use a controller on a PC in the first place. But what do you care, you're one-sidedly sold on the 360 version anyway.

As for the other thing, it seems you don't believe in spending much on a video card, so maybe 360 IS a way to go. I wouldn't necessarily vote on getting another, though...

And DX10 has nothing to do with it. Although I will admit it's stupid to plunk $500 or so on a high end card that doesn't do DX10 because the card that DO are just not out yet. Though I've made this mistake myself, but seeing by the time DX10s do come out, I would've had this card for a year, so not quite a mistake at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-16 15:57 ]</font>

afcakey
Oct 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
i am a huge frapser so i plan on using my pc. Mostly because its what i'm most comfortable on. Also the good thing about having a ventrilo chat instead of live. I can pretty much control who i want to hear.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
Well, the other thing is that I can hook up a PC to the big screen, so that's actually not that big a deal for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

d0x
Oct 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
Mag_Launcher I assume your talking to me.

The reason im sold on the 360 version is simple. I played PSO on consoles and on PC. The experience was more enjoyable on the console.

This guy is also talking about having to upgrade a PC to play and he wants DX10 cards. Well buying a new 360, 2 copies of the game, and 2 usb keyboards will be cheaper then those 2 cards. Even a decent midrange card of today which is what is needed to play this game will run you half the price of a 360 and he needs two of them.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 05:59 PM
I was mainly referring to undubbed about the TV and the sold on 360 thing.

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-10-16 15:49, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Ok, and what the hell does projecting the screen on a TV have to do with anything? Can't a person just play a PC game with a controller, ON A MONITOR, or is that too normal sounding for you?

"Comfortability" is the entire reason why a person will use a controller on a PC in the first place. But what do you care, you're one-sidedly sold on the 360 version anyway.

As for the other thing, it seems you don't believe in spending much on a video card, so maybe 360 IS a way to go. I wouldn't necessarily vote on getting another, though...

And DX10 has nothing to do with it. Although I will admit it's stupid to plunk $500 or so on a high end card that doesn't do DX10 because the card that DO are just not out yet. Though I've made this mistake myself, but seeing by the time DX10s do come out, I would've had this card for a year, so not quite a mistake at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-16 15:57 ]</font>

Dude, take a chill pill you're getting WAY too hostile.

EDIT: My computer is way more than capable of playing this game with a GeForce 6600/3GHZ/2GB RAM; and I was dead set on the PC version for a long time and just recently thought it'd be good to get the 360 version specially since I want to build a library for my new 360.

I'm not arguing with anyone I'm just giving my personal reasons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-16 16:05 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 06:03 PM
Well, it happens when there two different sides arguing at each other about which version is superior. Does anyone remember the GC/Xbox arguments? Only this time its worse.

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
Also forgot to mention that I recently switched to Linux and I'll be damned if I ever have to use Windows again.

d0x
Oct 16, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well I have a $4000 gaming rig, so if im telling you I would rather use my $400 console there has to be a good reason correct? I didnt spend 4 grand on a pc to not play games on it, but certain types of games are simply best suited for a console.

If this was WOW id say get it for PC (if a console version existed) but its not. PSU is simple yet complex, and its best played with a controler. Yes you can play with one on PC but id rather have the simplicity of a console, along with the comforts not having to sit at my desk provides.

Im giving an example for myself, he is asking for opinions and I have mine and with followup posts reasons why. He can buy whatever version he wants, it wont effect my game playing one bit. If he's looking to save money buying the PC version isnt the correct choice, not if he wants decent visual quality and performance which to me means at least....

1280x1024
4xAA/16xAF
Multisampling
Vsync
Gamma Correct AA

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-10-16 15:49, Mag_Launcher wrote:

-.- Pretty sure when he says comfortability he doesn't mean the controller, he means sitting on a couch rather than in a desk chair.....

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-10-16 16:11, d0x wrote:
Well I have a $4000 gaming rig

Everthing below was an opinion you're entitled to have.

But WHOA! DAAAAAAMN you got ripped off! 4k? What the hell you got in there a cpu made out of gold?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-16 16:17 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 06:33 PM
Well, they CAN go that far... but usually at that price there's more splurged on than just the CPU and video card(s). But I'd say ripoff if it was Dell XPS or Alienware, because good lord, they have at least $1,000 in price overhead for brand name alone.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
fully agreed w/ dOx, either way u win but it's upto u to decide which is better for u, but keep in mind it's more costly, time consuming & not practical to upgrade both pcs just to play PSU.

It'd be much better choice to just get another x360, hook them up thru router for each pc, then u can use both pc for other things than just playing PSU and x360 for gaming.

Undubbed
Oct 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
^ I remember when I was gonna buy an Alienware with SLIGHTLY weaker hardware than what I have now and it was going to be about 3k.

I purchased it but then I started to look at reviews for Alienware and reading horror stories. That's when I canceled the order and decided to build my own computer using parts from NewEgg despite that I've never done it before. Now, including the 300+ Logitech 5.1 Speakers, 300+ Moniter, new keyboard, new mouse and 2 49.99 games... I bought it all came to about 1.9k for a system that was slightly BETTER than that 3k Alienware.

Then add in the fact I fucked up and short curcuited the mother board(which at the time I had no idea what the problem was so I had to hire repair guy...god...). Had to pay about 300 bucks for the service and the motherboard and it came out to about 2.3k in the end *kicks himself*

It'd of been WAY cheaper though if I'd been conservative on the speakers and just used the Kb/mouse that I already had and no bought any games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-16 16:47 ]</font>

Shigecki
Oct 16, 2006, 07:05 PM
Blah, blah, blah. I heard this somewhere so I guess I'll repeat it. I haven't played the XBox 360 version, but this is what I heard. Blah, blah blah.

On 2006-10-16 15:51, afcakey wrote:
Also the good thing about having a ventrilo chat instead of live. I can pretty much control who i want to hear.

This is how it works in PSU360. You can only hear those that are in your party. With nothing to download or extra to buy.

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 07:48 PM
Honestly, there is NO correct answer as to "which platform is the best PSU experience." They each offer a different look and feel. If you want the correct answer, here it is; Personal Preference.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 09:51 PM
Uh, yeah, right, if I had $140 to blow to find out what my 'personal preference' is, I would. But seeing as how I don't, well, that's why I'm asking people here.

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 09:59 PM
It would be more than $140, so before you reply with an attitude, do the math.

The reason why I said personal preference, is because that IS what it comes down to. Do you really have a PC, PS2, and 360? If so, (wow waste of money) then go and choose which platform you enjoy the most. Almost every person that you ask on these forums as to which is "the best" will give you a different answer.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 10:14 PM
Did I ever say I was going to get the PS2 version? No. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So you need to redo your math since $110 for the PC and 360 versions, two different subscriptions, and tax only comes out to $138. No one really plays MMOs on the PS2 anyway - PSU > FFXI.

You're right, it comes down to preference, but leaving it at that is also like going out to buy a car and picking the first one that looks good and then finding out it the manufacturer doesn't know how to make brakes. I'm not going to spend money on the PC version if people think it plays like crap. Whether or not people think it's "all the same", they're not. There's voice chat, the type of controller you're going to use, your TV size versus your monitor size, your PC's speed, the fact that you can look up stuff at your PC while you're playing whereas your 360 could be in another room, the convenience of where your 360 or PC is located, the fact that the servers are going to be separate, etc. etc. etc.

If the general view a person has is all one-sided, then it's not preference because you don't have more than one opinion - hence why I was asking for some feedback from people.

Rooroo
Oct 16, 2006, 10:18 PM
Preferences aside, how about some actual facts?

So far, I've learned that X360 has widescreen support and PC does not. That much is certain.

Aside from that, I've also heard that X360 has farther terrain draw distance than PC at max settings, would be nice if someone can confirm this.

Also, does the X360 version feature AA? I thought that would a MS standard, but from the few HD clips floating around, there doesn't seem be any AA at all. I know AA does not work properly on PC using the dozen of different implementations available on Nvidia cards. Although I hear that adaptive AA in the latest ATI might work....

Frog
Oct 16, 2006, 10:21 PM
I hear the PC version forces you to connect to the internet to play offline in both single-player and Extra-mode to curb piracy. That alone is enough reason for me to boycott that version.

PS2 displays in 640x480 and runs at 30fps.

360 version has 60fps(though not as stable as PC version), 1280x720p, and voicechat. Like the PS2 version you can play single-player and Extra Mode while offline.

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:21, Frog wrote:
I hear the PC version forces you to connect to the internet to play offline in both single-player and Extra-mode to curb piracy. That alone is enough reason for me to boycott that version.

Ummm, do you not have internet, are you pro-piracy?....I fail to see how this is a significant deal at all. Plus extra mode blows.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 10:24 PM
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about the internet thing, but I also had people in my game today squealing about how the new X-Box Live upgrade might have an internet browser. I guess I just don't really get it.

Flamingo99
Oct 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:23, -Break- wrote:

On 2006-10-16 20:21, Frog wrote:

Ummm, do you not have internet, are you pro-piracy?....I fail to see how this is a significant deal at all. Plus extra mode blows.

Well, lets say you get the PC version. If ST performs a server maintenence, then you can't play at all, regardless if you have a Guardian Liscense or not/ online or offline. The PS2 and 360 can at least play offline regardless if the server is down or up. And maybe he doesn't want to play mulitplayer or doesn't have access to internet. So getting the PC version would be a significant deal.

Frog
Oct 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
It's huge for me. I may not even pay the monthly fee, and I will log an insane amount of time into the Extra Mode which is a mode similar to playing PSO offline.

Besides, I did not care for the PC version of Blue Burst because I am so used to gamepads. I tried using a gamepad with Blue Burst and it did not work very well either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frog on 2006-10-16 20:29 ]</font>

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well that makes sense if you don't plan on playing online, especially with the server maintenance, but spending $50-$60 for just Extra mode is a waste of money - can't even play with your friends....

On a side note gamepads work just as good as console controllers with PSU and Blue Burst especially considering you can use a 360 controller, but I guess it's a personal preference.

Elleranda
Oct 16, 2006, 10:38 PM
Eh, personally I'll be playing the PC version (with a gamepad) as you can control the graphical settings yourself and I'll be playing with everything set to the max. I also prefer typing to people (unless I know them) because more often than not, that person is someone you REALLY don't want to listen to talk.

Yes, I'm scarred by X-Box live.

Alexandrious1
Oct 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
comfortability, easily solved for PC gaming if you wanna work with it some.

Prefer to sit near the ground in some low chair or a large beanbag? Get a low table and set your comp on it, you can spread your legs out and be comfortable just the same, seen alot of Japanese PC owners do this, only they used other forms of cushions.

Prefer to play sitting in your recliner? again get a table with the appropriate height to where you can comfortably place the lower section of your recliner under it, bringing you up close to your keyboard so you can either stretch out your arms to type, or keep it closed up, whichever ya prefer, can even just put the keyboard on your stomach, or better yet if its a recliner with an extendable table attatchement on it, all the better.

I got a cousin with the recliner setup, comfortable leg rest, very big and comfortable back to it, with large cushy arm rests on the sides, and has a place to hold his drinks and food, as well as a table for his keyboard if he wishes it to be closer. He is getting PSU for the PC because its more comfortable then sitting on his bed playing his xbox.

So comfortable he fell asleep during late night ffxi grinding a buncha times >.>

I got a similar setup to his but its more simple, regardless comfortability is pretty void for a reason, anyone can work out a good setup for their gaming stations. PC and Console alike.

Nuff said.

Elleranda
Oct 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
So comfortable he fell asleep during late night ffxi grinding a buncha times >.>

I fell asleep with a broken wrist and while listening to rock music before while grinding in FFXI.

I'm not even joking.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 10:54 PM
Okay, we're sort of straying off the topic that I was hoping for, LOL.

All I really wanted to know is, will PSU play well on the PC, or does it play like complete crap compared to the 360 version? If anyone has actually played both the PC and the 360 versions, are there things you thought about THE GAME that you noticed (example - the quality was vastly different), or things you couldn't live without (voice chat)?

I'm trying to figure out if anyone actually thought the PC version was worth getting. I've played the 360 version, I know what that's like. What I don't know anything about is how it handles on the PC.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:51, Elleranda wrote:

I fell asleep with a broken wrist and while listening to rock music before while grinding in FFXI.

I'm not even joking.

I've got you beat. In my dorm a few years back, my desk was so close to my bed that I accidentally fell asleep while playing EQ and when I woke up a couple minutes later, someone was dead, because I was the only cleric. Oops. "OMG, I've got some awful lag guys, I'm so sorry about that o_O;;;;;" LOL. I hope no one here was in that party.

Alexandrious1
Oct 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:51, Elleranda wrote:

I'm not even joking.

Music is soothing, even rock if its your favorite. What can I say? lol

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:54, Forumchibi wrote:
Okay, we're sort of straying off the topic that I was hoping for, LOL.

All I really wanted to know is, will PSU play well on the PC, or does it play like complete crap compared to the 360 version? If anyone has actually played both the PC and the 360 versions, are there things you thought about THE GAME that you noticed (example - the quality was vastly different), or things you couldn't live without (voice chat)?

I'm trying to figure out if anyone actually thought the PC version was worth getting. I've played the 360 version, I know what that's like. What I don't know anything about is how it handles on the PC.

Played both. Didn't notice much of a difference, perhaps I would if I played them side by side, PC performance depends on the PC. Graphics in this game aren't super in the first place...I just prefer PC because when in windowed mode I can pull up a browser in a second flat if I need to check on something.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-10-16 21:08, -Break- wrote:
Played both. Didn't notice much of a difference, perhaps I would if I played them side by side, PC performance depends on the PC. Graphics in this game aren't super in the first place...I just prefer PC because when in windowed mode I can pull up a browser in a second flat if I need to check on something.

Yeah, I do that all the time too for the other games I play. So much easier than me bouncing up and down off the sofa and watching the TV twenty feet away and pretending like I can actually see what's going on from my computer chair.

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 11:28 PM
So much positive feedback from the 360 version. I'd love to have that one except don't really have $400 to spend freely, and dial-up + 360 wouldn't do to well.

From the sounds of it, I'd say get the 360 version. You already weren't considering the PS2 version, and sure the PC = window mode, but PSU isn't a game where missions take hours upon hours, you know? So if you really need to find something out, beat the mission, go check your PC for some info, and then return to the game.

Or buy both? XD I'm only kidding. I most likely will need to buy both PS2 and PC. PS2 for story/extra moda and PC for network mode (wireless > dial-up) due to connection speed and my laptop will be able to handle it better than my PS2.

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 11:31 PM
So mods, feel like slamming down a ban?

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 11:31 PM
Does the PC version not have story/extra mode?

And if I do get the PC version, maybe I'll see you around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 11:32 PM
... if you were going to troll the post, you could've at least finished that last Sluggette, geez... LOL

-Break-
Oct 16, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-10-16 21:32, Forumchibi wrote:
... if you were going to troll the post, you could've at least finished that last Sluggette, geez... LOL

LMAO I was thinking the same thing myself.

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 11:34 PM
Maybe the GMs got to them first. Oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 16, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-10-16 21:31, Forumchibi wrote:
Does the PC version not have story/extra mode?

And if I do get the PC version, maybe I'll see you around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It does have Story/Extra mode, just you need to be connected to the internet with an account(doesn't need to have an active gaurdians license just a serial key).

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 11:38 PM
In all my days, never have I seen a spammer on these forums... hmm, anywho, yes if you get the PC version then chances are we'll cross paths at some point lol.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 17, 2006, 12:50 AM
its the same deal no matter what you choose, flip a coin :/ i personally have AIM, MSN messenger and winamp and all thisother stuff on in the background so i just alt tab whenever i feel like it. i personally been a console gamer aswell as a pc gamer and neither one is really "comfortable" after the first 2 hours of playing ._.

DoubleJG
Oct 17, 2006, 02:25 AM
lol well put.

afcakey
Oct 17, 2006, 04:09 AM
On 2006-10-16 17:05, Shigecki wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. I heard this somewhere so I guess I'll repeat it. I haven't played the XBox 360 version, but this is what I heard. Blah, blah blah.

On 2006-10-16 15:51, afcakey wrote:
Also the good thing about having a ventrilo chat instead of live. I can pretty much control who i want to hear.

This is how it works in PSU360. You can only hear those that are in your party. With nothing to download or extra to buy.

i was trying to say, you can have a good player in your group without having to hear him talk about what he spent his last 50 cents on. Long story short, i mute everyone in counter strike.

btw nothing beats playing a game with 10 programs running in the background http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: afcakey on 2006-10-17 02:15 ]</font>

Realmz
Oct 17, 2006, 06:33 AM
I'm getting PC, playing with a keyboard.

i'm going to college to become a game designer, so it's best for me to play games on what they were made on (PC whee) thats more of a mentallity thing, in the seat of the creator and all that crap.

I use the keyboard one, so i don't have to buy anything for just one game and two, i find the control scheme for the 360 controller too god damn confusing for me. (havn't seen a ps2 controller button layout yet) I'd rather just reconfigure any keys i don't like. as for being comfy, i've got the best damn chair ever, and if i have to, i'll just get on my bed lol

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 06:38 AM
I perfer consol games...not sure why but i do. Theres just a "feeling" about them....mabey its because thats what i grew up on and thats what i love. I LOVE YOU XBOX!

AndyPandy
Oct 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
On 2006-10-17 04:33, Realmz wrote:
I'm getting PC, playing with a keyboard.

i'm going to college to become a game designer, so it's best for me to play games on what they were made on (PC whee) thats more of a mentallity thing, in the seat of the creator and all that crap.

I use the keyboard one, so i don't have to buy anything for just one game and two, i find the control scheme for the 360 controller too god damn confusing for me. (havn't seen a ps2 controller button layout yet) I'd rather just reconfigure any keys i don't like. as for being comfy, i've got the best damn chair ever, and if i have to, i'll just get on my bed lol

I think playing on a console is best if you spend alot of time your PC already. I just find it more relaxing and a hell of a lot less hassle in the long run.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 08:29 AM
I think the PC version is better, at the very least for me. It depends on your house though. I play on PC because that way I can watch TV at the same time, during loading screens and stuff. It makes the game seem FAR less boring, even the grinding in games like Ragnarok online(private server, so it's less of a grind, but still a grind).

Also, I can play PC games without glasses no problem, due to the closeness of my monitor compared to across the room from my couch with my TV. But my 360 is in my room anyway, so more like from my bed. But still.

Also, always being connected to the internet is not a problem. I don't think you have to be connected to segas servers to play, just the internet in general. At least I've never had a problem with the japanese version. It goes through the game guard thing, then lets me play offline from the menu. Gameguard isn't related to sega's servers, I think.

As for the graphics, on a high-quality PC, they look basically the same. Not a problem at all. And even on low settings, it still looks pretty good. Voice chat is on both with Vent.

And to the people playing on the couch, where do you put your keyboard? On your lap? Eh, I think that's very uncomfortable, IMO. Another reason for playing for me playing on PC is the keyboard right in front of me, which is essential. Voice chat is nice on 360, but not everyone has it. Also, I can eat on my desk >_>

As for population, it seems like 360 will have more right now because they are the only ones playing the game. All the people that are getting 360 on the boards are most likely the people playing the beta. Once the actual game comes out, it will most likely change, due to PS2 having a much bigger user base than 360, and PC having MANY more owners than the other 2 combined. And the fact it's community is from 2 consoles combined also supports that. But 360 will be fine as well, so it doesn't truly matter.

But really, it's your choice. Whichever is better for you. Also, if any of your friends are getting it, get the same version as them. 5 of my friends are getting it, and they are all getting it on PS2 or PC, so that helps influence my decision a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Realmz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:46 AM
On 2006-10-17 04:40, AndyPandy wrote:

I think playing on a console is best if you spend alot of time your PC already. I just find it more relaxing and a hell of a lot less hassle in the long run.

well i've had about two years of this being pounded into my head. Please keep in mind these are the opinions and quotes of Brent Alleyne.

"if you're going to be a game designer you need to stop playing just consol games, and never never say that "this consol is better then that one" because any game made today is dumbed down to what you play on a consol. Do you think they make games on the XBox? do you think they test games on the XBox? No, they don't. You make the game then you port it over to a consol, and sell it to the consumers, because thats what consol players are, consumers. You all are game makers, use a PC"

he also feels that "Gamers" should be the term for people that make games and the people that play them should be "Players" but he's kinda strange.

still i feel more comfortable playing on my PC then i ever did on any game system =p

Candor
Oct 17, 2006, 09:43 AM
I recently upgraded my computer, bought a 360 controller for it, will have it set up to my TV, my friends and I have vent set up, and it's in my room so i have my bed for comfort. Think you could tell the difference between PC and console http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

At any rate, it seems that you have 2 people who will be playing; 2 computers, 1 360, and 1 TV. It sounds like you would need another 360 and another TV (unless I missed something). So upgrading the computers might be cheaper. Either way its going to be very similar, PS2 is the only one that seems to have "bad" graphics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-17 07:48 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 09:48 AM
And don't forget, you save 10 bucks by buying it on PC :/

Not that big of a difference, but still.

tonberrylord
Oct 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
I'm getting PC because most of my friends IRL are gonna get PS2 PC version plus me and my bro wanted to play together and 360 can't connect w/ PS2/ PC servers so that is why im going this way

Tatha-kitten
Oct 17, 2006, 11:34 AM
I personally will be getting it for PC for 2 reasons. 1, having it on PC lets me multitask better. 2, all my friends will be on the PC version, so we can all play together, which will be far cooler than having to ask the perfect stranger to help me out on the 360. 3, my PC can more than handle it, and i'll be able to mod the looks of outfits and crap to create even more content, even if that will only be clientside and no-one else will see it.

heck, i may not even do #3, but it's nice to have the option to use some of my 3d modelling skills and texturing ability.

Edit: yes... i'm aware that that's 3 reasons and not 2, but when you're on a roll... you're on a roll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tatha-kitten on 2006-10-17 09:36 ]</font>

Candor
Oct 17, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-10-17 09:34, Tatha-kitten wrote:
I personally will be getting it for PC for 2 reasons. 1, having it on PC lets me multitask better. 2, all my friends will be on the PC version, so we can all play together, which will be far cooler than having to ask the perfect stranger to help me out on the 360. 3, my PC can more than handle it, and i'll be able to mod the looks of outfits and crap to create even more content, even if that will only be clientside and no-one else will see it.

heck, i may not even do #3, but it's nice to have the option to use some of my 3d modelling skills and texturing ability.

Edit: yes... i'm aware that that's 3 reasons and not 2, but when you're on a roll... you're on a roll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reminded me of all the mods made for WoW, I wonder if there'll be some for PSU, another point for PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-10-17 09:34, Tatha-kitten wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tatha-kitten on 2006-10-17 09:36 ]</font>

Be sure to post some hot Caseal skins here :3