PDA

View Full Version : Weapon upgrading in Beta?

Darkman2098
Oct 16, 2006, 09:46 PM
How do I do this?? It says I need a Kubara weapon or a synthesis-only, I have no idea what a Kubara weapon is so I made a sabra with synthesis and it still didnt work? Can anyone help me?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
What, you mean grinding? Well, first, you need to buy/make a grinder matching your weapons rank, and second, you need to go to the shop of the manufacturer that made the weapon. (Blue symbol = GRM, planet Parum, Green = Youmei, planet Neudaiz, Orange = Tenora Works, planet Moatoob, Grey = Kubara, Guardian Colony)

And there's this... http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Grinding

Oyako
Oct 19, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm a little confused... I have a ton of grinder base C & B but when I go to the Shop to upgrade my weapons, it says no item found... What exactly am I doing wrong?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyako on 2006-10-19 10:12 ]</font>

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 11:54 AM
You need to combine the Grinder Base with Grinding Photons of the same grade (C and B grade can be bought from Synthesis shops), the resulting item can be used at Grind counters.

Flunky
Oct 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
Grinder bases alone aren't good enough- you need to make grinders outta 'em.

The synthesis shop on the second floor of the station will sell grinder boards. Making a grinder only requires a single base of the proper grade (C base for a C grinder). Once you make grinders, they'll get a +x rating randomly (probably influenced by luck and other factors)- higher is better. Unequip the weapon to be modified, go to the proper manufacturer's store (GRM on Parum, Yohmei or however it's spelled on Neudiaz, Tenora on Moatoob and thus not in beta, Kubara on the station), and talk to the grinder fellow.

Grinding will improve the ATP and PP of a weapon, but I don't think it improves the ATA at all. Max of ten levels of grinding, each level can make a pretty big difference in power and PP. There's a chance of failure depending on the grade of the weapon, the +x modifier on the grinder, and your luck level. Fail, and the weapon's broken permanently. You'll be told your rough chance of success before starting though, so you can decide to err on the side of caution.

Oyako
Oct 19, 2006, 12:13 PM
Oooh! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif thanks alot! I see what to do now