PDA

View Full Version : After all this 360 stuff, anyone still going to be on the PS

xzeekzx
Oct 16, 2006, 10:22 PM
Before you judge, i realize that this has been a very common topic. But i'm starting to worry, feeling like i'll be the only one on the PS2 playing PSU... lol, starting mid 2007, i will hopefully be getting a new Mac with Boot Camp so i can play the PC version with a controller and Ventrillo, but, for now.. is the ps2 a bad idea? i know there is a lot of confusion about the updates because of them not using the HDD.. but what now? ... i'm starting to worry it will be pointless...

watashiwa
Oct 16, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well, if you have both consoles, there is only one plus that the PS2 supposedly has.. and that's more players. The 360 version blows the PS2 version out of the way, otherwise, in every way.

However, I really mean "supposedly" has for the PS2.. the 360 version is going to have a lot of people in the retail.. I've met quite a bit of people during the Beta and a good majority of them state they will be getting the game when it goes gold.

I wouldn't touch the PS2 version with a 10 foot pole, though. I did order both the 360 and PC versions, so I can keep tabs on both communities, but I will be on the 360 one the most. =P

tonberrylord
Oct 16, 2006, 10:26 PM
I don't think it will be. I've been playing the beta and i love it. But I'm getting this for the PC and of course using ventrillo. My lil bro of course i wanted to play w/ also which we are getting for PS2. So your not the only one a couple of my friends IRL and peeps from FFXI are getting this for PS2 everything will be done on Memory Card. So no to me it doesn't seem pointless. Btw we should meet so we can all play online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Mitz
Oct 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:26, tonberrylord wrote:
I don't think it will be. I've been playing the beta and i love it. But I'm getting this for the PC and of course using ventrillo. My lil bro of course i wanted to play w/ also which we are getting for PS2. So your not the only one a couple of my friends IRL and peeps from FFXI are getting this for PS2 everything will be done on Memory Card. So no to me it doesn't seem pointless. Btw we should meet so we can all play online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

I am quite eager to play with you. Cause you seem to have the lol-factor. Which is auto-win.

xzeekzx
Oct 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
definately lol. I'm up to meeting as many people as i can. I'm gonna hop on the offline for a while though, figure out the mechanics, but after that... will be nice to have some friends from the very beginning.

Flamingo99
Oct 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
Still getting PS2 version. I have no choice.

xzeekzx
Oct 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
lol-factor? haha, sounds fun... explain? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

xzeekzx
Oct 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
its ok http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif come be happy with us flamingo99 friend

princejake2
Oct 16, 2006, 10:33 PM
I'll be playing on PS2. I don't have a 360 anyway - borrowed my pals for the beta.

Elleranda
Oct 16, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:27, Rizeru wrote:

I am quite eager to play with you. Cause you seem to have the lol-factor. Which is auto-win.

I'd just like to state the fact that I can't tell if you're awesome or flammable. On one hand, you have the awesome Saber in your sig, but in the other, you're a furry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Merumeru
Oct 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
XD yep im going to be on the PS2, everytime i voice chatted on the 360, guys kept hitting on me, so im gunna just stick to good ol' text XP

xzeekzx
Oct 16, 2006, 10:41 PM
Good reason, sadly... oh well, welcome back

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xzeekzx on 2006-10-16 20:41 ]</font>

Forumchibi
Oct 16, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'm still debating on the PC or 360 version, but yeah, most of my conversations on the 360 have been people whining about the price, asking complicated questions about stupid things, talking about how many ways they can make the emotes into sexual references, and spamming complete nonsense every time you partied with them because they thought their joke topic was the funniest thing ever.

Of course, voice is excellent for the nervous people who scream, "OMG HEALZZZZ!!" but I since I keep an eye on the health meters a lot it usually doesn't matter anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zelutos
Oct 16, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hrm, i could get one or the other...or both...But i'm sticking with PS2 because that's where the majority of my team mates will be.

Sev
Oct 16, 2006, 10:46 PM

Tonberrylord from Fairy Server?

I'm still getting my PC version, I had a friend that I converted but I'm not sure whether he'll stick with the X360 version or come over to the PC version as planned... It's as simple as not having the money for a X360 right now, no HDTV, and having a really nice computer to play it on.

There's nowhere else that I'd rather be but on PC. I have a friend that's going to play on PS2 though, and a few others that will be spread acrossed PS2 and PC. The 360 version is impressive, but for more the PC version is alot more covenient.

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 10:48 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:22, xzeekzx wrote:
Before you judge, i realize that this has been a very common topic. But i'm starting to worry, feeling like i'll be the only one on the PS2 playing PSU... lol, starting mid 2007, i will hopefully be getting a new Mac with Boot Camp so i can play the PC version with a controller and Ventrillo, but, for now.. is the ps2 a bad idea? i know there is a lot of confusion about the updates because of them not using the HDD.. but what now? ... i'm starting to worry it will be pointless...

PS2 won't be bad at all. It may experience slow down and have the worse graphics of the three ports, but it's also the cheapest. the only thing that truly matters is if the game is playable enough to enjoy.

On 2006-10-16 20:40, Merumeru wrote:
XD yep im going to be on the PS2, everytime i voice chatted on the 360, guys kept hitting on me, so im gunna just stick to good ol' text XP

Woman!?

On MY Xbox Live!?

Elleranda
Oct 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-10-16 20:48, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-16 20:22, xzeekzx wrote:

PS2 won't be bad at all. It may experience slow down and have the worse graphics of the three ports, but it's also the cheapest. the only thing that truly matters is if the game is playable enough to enjoy.

On 2006-10-16 20:40, Merumeru wrote:

Woman!?

On MY Xbox Live!?

There are NO women on the internet. It's all lies and slander!

Chronosv2
Oct 16, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'm getting it on the PS2. I don't have (nor do I want) a 360, and my PC, while adaquite, isn't my preferred system. I'll get the PC version eventually, when I have extra money to toss around.

Basicly, the PS2 is the PC version with everything but effects set to low or normal.

Drayma
Oct 16, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking about getting a PS2 for PSU. Does the slim PS2 have a ethernet port come with it?

Bleemo
Oct 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-10-16 21:01, Drayma wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a PS2 for PSU. Does the slim PS2 have a ethernet port come with it?

Certainly does.

DoubleJG
Oct 16, 2006, 11:33 PM
PS2 right here. However, I may be getting PC to play network mode depending on how "unbearable" PSU on dial-up is for PS2. If it's that bad, my wireless laptop will take over network mode for me.

I'll be doing all of my Extra Mode lovin on PS2 though, that's for sure.

OgSoulja
Oct 16, 2006, 11:46 PM
360 sux, so i will be getting the ps2 version.

SpishackCola
Oct 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
PC here. Only choice I got.

ProfessorZ
Oct 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-10-16 21:46, OgSoulja wrote:

Fanboy much?

ShadowDragon28
Oct 17, 2006, 01:57 AM
I have *no* interest or the spare $ for a Xbox360, I'll be on the PS2 for awhile.

If I ever manage to get a new PC, i'll get PSU for the PC. Luckily I should be able to use my online character I made via the PS2 version once I switch over to the PC version...

Tetsuro
Oct 17, 2006, 02:24 AM
Lately I have been debating on whether or not to get the 360 version or PC. My PC will be able to run everything on High so graphics aren't the issue. The problem is I have some really cool people on XBL freinds list that I know are getting the game, and have logged over 50 hours on the beta, so they will definitely be playing alot. However, I worry that the xbox population will migrate to the next big 360 game which happens often. My beef with PC is that I know nobody that I will have to team with. I have a few RL freinds who are getting PC, but I know they won't play very often because it has happened in past online games I have played with them.

DoubleJG
Oct 17, 2006, 02:28 AM
ShadowDragon28 - Yes, you can switch between PS2 and PC and still be able to use the same Network Mode characters since they will be saved server side.

randomGuy
Oct 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
I guess I fall under the "no choice" PS2 category, but I'm not complaining. The PC/PS2 crowd is most probably larger than you think because we've sat in silence whilst the 360 ppl enjoy the beta.

Here's a thought though: they could possibly make voice chat availabe via the PS2 headset if that's your thing. (personally I'd rather have perverts hit on my fem newman in text tho - less degrading http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2006, 02:43 AM
I'm getting the 360 version because of easier voice chat, less demand on hardware (PC), still crisp graphics, and to keep in contact with XBL buds. Besides, I hate Sony. Ripping off Wii's motion technology and 360's highly advanced online gaming system.

Elleranda
Oct 17, 2006, 02:58 AM
On 2006-10-17 00:43, FenixStryk wrote:
I'm getting the 360 version because of easier voice chat, less demand on hardware (PC), still crisp graphics, and to keep in contact with XBL buds. Besides, I hate Sony. Ripping off Wii's motion technology and 360's highly advanced online gaming system.

Aww, you seemed fun! Was hoping I'd run across you on the PS2/PC servers. Oh well.

mananas
Oct 17, 2006, 03:01 AM
PS2 DEFINITELY. Being forced to hear all the really, really, really lame people speak is incredibly annoying, so much so that if PSU were XBox exclusive I wouldn't bother with it at all.

Yoruichi
Oct 17, 2006, 03:07 AM
PC, atleast I get to choose whos anoying voice flirts with me. On the upside, I have my xbox360 controller, so best of both worlds.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
On 2006-10-16 21:49, ProfessorZ wrote:

On 2006-10-16 21:46, OgSoulja wrote:

Fanboy much?

Well it takes one to know one, now doesn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-17 04:43 ]</font>

Abeatron
Oct 17, 2006, 06:50 AM
Well, i will get the Ps2 version, partly because i don't have an copmuter, or Xbox 360, and partly because i love the Ps2 controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif