PDA

View Full Version : Element Bonus

Kimil
Oct 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
Is the Element bonus for rods worth having to switch between rods to do a resta and then to go back to doing attackgin spells?

-Crokar-
Oct 17, 2006, 12:45 AM
i didnt notice a difference so i stuck em all on the same rod

KatanaRyu
Oct 17, 2006, 01:09 AM
Another thing i noticed is that Elements dont really reflect dmg that much... I took the 4 lv 5bullets, all of which for my Twin Pistol, and atked a mob, only to have all of them do the same amount of dmg. Is there an elemental weakness or is that stuff there for status effects?

Ether
Oct 17, 2006, 01:18 AM
Fire enemies are weak to ice, ice enemies are weak to fire

Lightning enemies are weak to earth, earth enemies are weak to lightning

Light enemies are weak to dark, dark enemies are weak to light

So a weapon with 5% fire will do 5% more damage to ice enemies, and 5% less to fire enemies. With melee weapons and guns its preferable to always attack with opposing elements for more damage. With force weapons, I think until you can get higher % ratings by stacking more same element spells, the 4% damage boost isnt worth losing fast access to resta

KatanaRyu
Oct 17, 2006, 01:24 AM
Well yeah thats what i was saying though. you figure Fire vs Fire it would do the same or less dmg. but i was pulling about 20-23dmg for all the element types. Even Neutfral. I'll have to test it out with something with a higher element % cause 5% with the guns just isnt high enough to confirm this.

Darkchampion3
Oct 17, 2006, 11:13 AM
im assuming weakness/resistance wont be as important until higher levels like in the original PSO

Itsuki
Oct 17, 2006, 03:36 PM
Another thing i noticed is that Elements dont really reflect dmg that much... I took the 4 lv 5bullets, all of which for my Twin Pistol, and atked a mob, only to have all of them do the same amount of dmg. Is there an elemental weakness or is that stuff there for status effects?
Bullets on most ranged weapons have very low elemental difference until they are level 11+ and even then its rather low on many guns. The one exception to this is cards.

Maxurion
Oct 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
Fire bullets and earth bullets have 5% more atp then ice and lightning.

Not sure about dark and light though, they weren't in the beta...

EDIT: It might have been 5% more accuracy come to think of it, I didn't play ranger much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maxurion on 2006-10-17 13:50 ]</font>

Minswune
Oct 17, 2006, 03:50 PM
You must realize that the 5% or w/e dmg multipliers wont really effect much, unless your capable of doing substantial dmg; ie- a force with a 200-220 dmg range Diga spell, with a 5% boost would only do 10-11 more dmg, not much of a difference. However, later on, when your spells do 1000-2000 dmg, you'll be looking at a 50-100 dmg increase, bit more noticeable.

Edit; grammar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-10-17 14:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-10-17 14:34 ]</font>

Maxurion
Oct 17, 2006, 03:51 PM
Oh, and also, I've noticed that in general...

Earth > Fire > Lightning > Ice

For raw damage anyhow... and that's only applied to spells.