PDA

View Full Version : After the beta do you think the 360 version will have more u

ProfessorZ
Oct 17, 2006, 03:08 AM
Since it has 36 universes? Do the other versions have 36 versions?

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2006, 03:28 AM
The 360 version? Have more users? Highly unlikely, due to the fact that it's technically only 1/3rd of the population in terms of platform, not to mention the 360 isn't the most popular system out there. Sadly, the 360 version will be the pop-based quieter of the two. PS2/PC, on the other hand, will have less of the voice chat and more of the typing. It's a win/loss kind of deal. I'd go on, but I'm gonna go play ChromeHounds.

kyori
Oct 17, 2006, 03:40 AM
JP PC/PS2 - 48 Universes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-17 02:01 ]</font>

UltraDeeDer
Oct 17, 2006, 03:53 AM
I think there may be LESS people. Free beta is one thing, sign up and pay-per-month is another. Ofcourse now there will be Japan and countries not in the Beta playing.

Bleemo
Oct 17, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-10-17 01:53, UltraDeeDer wrote:
I think there may be LESS people. Free beta is one thing, sign up and pay-per-month is another. Ofcourse now there will be Japan and countries not in the Beta playing.

I happened to group with a couple of] JP while playing. It was really strange, because they were talking over the mic, lol. I felt quite left out of that conversation.

Elleranda
Oct 17, 2006, 04:01 AM
On 2006-10-17 01:56, Bleemo wrote:

I happened to group with a couple of] JP while playing. It was really strange, because they were talking over the mic, lol. I felt quite left out of that conversation.

Well damn, that must have been awkward. >_>

lolichan
Oct 17, 2006, 04:08 AM
hmm was japan able to download this beta? didn't see any ;o

Miyoko
Oct 17, 2006, 04:11 AM
On 2006-10-17 02:01, Elleranda wrote:

On 2006-10-17 01:56, Bleemo wrote:

Well damn, that must have been awkward. >_>

Yeah, no kidding. I mean, Japanese people playing xbox360... Freakin' weird, man.

Oh, also, QUOTE TUNNLE WHEEE!

UltraDeeDer
Oct 17, 2006, 04:11 AM
I diddnt see any, altho its hard to tell in an anime-styled MMO with everyone running around saying hello over and over. (Apart from the 20 people who used USB keyboards.)

lolichan
Oct 17, 2006, 04:15 AM
HE WAS LIKE

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE

AND I WAS LIKE

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

lolichan
Oct 17, 2006, 04:15 AM
i feel dumb

afcakey
Oct 17, 2006, 04:19 AM
honestly i can see both platforms doing about even.

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 04:26 AM
Sure, the PS2 will have a ton of users at launch because it has the largest user base...at the moment. But its only going to go downhill. The PS2 is on the decline. Anyone who wants to have a PS3 will have one by christmas of 2007 (12 to 14 months) if not sooner. I dont see much PSU growth on the PS2. Whatever users the PS2 gets within the first 3 months will be all that its going to get. Sega will probably release a PS3 version of PSU, because even tho the old game may be backwards compatible with the new system, you can bet your ass the online portion wont be. Will PS3 be linked to PS2, PC or 360? Sega probably doesnt even know the answer to that question yet.

People are buying 360s and newer PCs that can run PSU every single day. I think the 360 version will have more success than the PC version though. Most PSO people played PSO on a console. People tend to view phantasy star as a "console game". I think the 360 wins out in the long run. Its going to be current gen for the next 4 years. But theres no point in worrying about finding someone to play with anytime soon for ANY of the versions. But in 2+ years? New games come out. People lose interest. PSU is not EQ or WoW. I'm sure people will still play PSU, but in 2-3 years it wont be a large community like those other games.

edit- One last thought: Has anyone stopped to think about why the PSU American beta/stress test was put on 360? Sony has sold alot of ps2s, but the 360 online community is much larger and stronger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-10-17 02:37 ]</font>

Valter
Oct 17, 2006, 05:58 AM
One last thought: Has anyone stopped to think about why the PSU American beta/stress test was put on 360? Sony has sold alot of ps2s, but the 360 online community is much larger and stronger.

I have to agree with this one. The online community is much larger on 360. I dont really think it will matter you will have plenty of people playing. But I did notice that there were several people playing the beta that never played PSO before didnt know anything about it and saying that they were going to buy the game. Also there were several people saying how they never liked RPG's and loved the game.

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 06:01 AM
I love my xbox and i love the xbox version. Sadly i think the PS2/PC will have more uses. I think there will be enough people on both of them though (i mean people who speak english) that it wont make any difference. Comon i mean if the ps2 sever has 400 people and the xbox has 300 (random numbers) im not gonna notice. Put it this way, both will have a lot and a lot is, a lot, and thats enough for me

g00dman12
Oct 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
Yea but you see how many ppl were playing the beta on the 360. sometimes you had to wait to even get on a universes.

SephYuyX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:12 AM
On 2006-10-17 03:58, Valter wrote:

One last thought: Has anyone stopped to think about why the PSU American beta/stress test was put on 360? Sony has sold alot of ps2s, but the 360 online community is much larger and stronger.

I have to agree with this one. The online community is much larger on 360.

Wait.. what?

Ok 360 has a good amout of users, but no where near the amount PS2 has. The number of people see in the Beta will most likely be the same amount or fewer when it's actually released. My bet is a lot fewer.

The sole reason this game supports PS2 because every Japanese gamer and there mother owns a PS2, only a very very small amount of JP have 360s. PCs are more widespread in JP, but they prefer PS2 for gaming, if they cut off the PS2 market, you would see a HUGE decrese in the JP player base, and SEGA doesnt want to lose that type of money.

Most gamers in NA are opposite, they prefer PC over PS2.

I dont see the 360 community lasting very long.

Souppy
Oct 17, 2006, 08:16 AM
There will be less people on Xbox 360 than the other consoles.

- JP don't have Xbox 360s and the game is selling more units in Japan than the rest of the world.
- There were a lot of people from other consoles playing the PSU Beta on 360.
- SEGA sold 89,000 units of PSO for Xbox even if there were no other MMORPGs.
- Heard a lot of people talking about how bad the graphics were (Xbox players prefer graphics over a good gaming experience)
- 360 players will not want to pay 10$US per month to play the game
- 360 players like shooters and racing better

So I really think that 36 Universes will be good. My guess is that more than 20% of players will stop playing after their free month... then the EU players will have their free month... then the JP players will have their free month and then, Xbox 360 players from NA will quit the game to go to a shooter they bought for Xmas.

Note: JP players will not cancel their account after the free month.

Valkayree
Oct 17, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-10-17 06:12, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Wait.. what?

Ok 360 has a good amout of users, but no where near the amount PS2 has. The number of people see in the Beta will most likely be the same amount or fewer when it's actually released. My bet is a lot fewer.

The sole reason this game supports PS2 because every Japanese gamer and there mother owns a PS2, only a very very small amount of JP have 360s. PCs are more widespread in JP, but they prefer PS2 for gaming, if they cut off the PS2 market, you would see a HUGE decrese in the JP player base, and SEGA doesnt want to lose that type of money.

The PS2 may have more users, but how many of those systems actually have a network adaptor installed, and how many actually get online to play anything other than FFXI, Baldur's Gate or EQ? I would estimate that unless the amount of PS2 network adaptors exceeds the amount of 360's purchased, then the 360 will have more potential to have a larger audience.

DreamLocke
Oct 17, 2006, 09:29 AM
I hope 360 does well. It depends on how many people accept the monthly fee. FFXI was 12 bucks a month for a three year old game, and it had a large user base. Then again, all platforms were supported, so we'll see.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-10-17 06:56, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-17 06:12, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Wait.. what?

The PS2 may have more users, but how many of those systems actually have a network adaptor installed, and how many actually get online to play anything other than FFXI, Baldur's Gate or EQ? I would estimate that unless the amount of PS2 network adaptors exceeds the amount of 360's purchased, then the 360 will have more potential to have a larger audience.

It most likely is similar to the 360s sold or slightly lower. But it doesn't matter, because you forget; It's PS2 and the PC community combined. It'll have more users almost guarenteed solely for that.

SephYuyX
Oct 17, 2006, 10:11 AM
PS2 will have more users playing PSU online then 360 ever will. Its a stone cold fact. The PS2 JP playerbase alone will beat out 360 users worldwide.

FrogKicker
Oct 17, 2006, 10:23 AM
Not everyone who owns a ps2 has a network adapter to go online and play. Sure, they might be buying PSU but if they cannot go online it is a moot point. Same can be said for the 360. I really don't care who has the bigger population. I actually pray that the 360 community is alot smaller. Less lag and slowdown for me.

Also, seeings how the DC PSO servers stayed alive longer than your grandmas fruitcake, I am not worried about the PSU community on the 360 failing anytime soon.

Minswune
Oct 17, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-10-17 06:16, Souppy wrote:

- JP don't have Xbox 360s and the game is selling more units in Japan than the rest of the world.
- Heard a lot of people talking about how bad the graphics were (Xbox players prefer graphics over a good gaming experience)

So I really think that 36 Universes will be good. My guess is that more than 20% of players will stop playing after their free month... then the EU players will have their free month... then the JP players will have their free month and then, Xbox 360 players from NA will quit the game to go to a shooter they bought for Xmas.

Stereotype much?

OK, here's why most/all of your points are wrong;

True, however, a million JP's could get this game, and it wouldn't effect the NA ps2/pc server's one bit, because they're not linked, so i fail to see how this is a valid argument. However, JP will be linked to the 360 version, giving it a slight population boost, though nothing dramatic.

Does this mean none of those people will change their mind to play the 360 version, after experiencing it first hand? I think not.

You should realize this was several years ago, and xbox live was still relatively new, and REQUIRED to play pso on it, Also, people had an equal option to buy the game on gamecube, which had it's version out far earlier compared to xbox. Times have changed, and you dont need to pay for xbox live to play this game, and 360 is the only "Next-gen console" housing this game, (Excluding pc, which isn't quite a console.) PS2 is about to be replaced, and there's no word on whether this is compatible with PS3, not to mention, several people's PS2's are about to bite the dust (Like mine.)

This is just sad, mute point imo.

Same as above, I'm a 360 player, and not a graphic whore (Oxymoron?) I'm sure several more are like myself, not to mention, the lack of graphics can be blamed on the fact it's a port (Kinda) of a ps2/pc game.

Stereotype~ look at my gamer card in my sig, see any racing games? there's one shooter out of 7 games, and that's because it was 30 bucks, and i got it to play with friends, several other people use the console for games other then shooters, etc.

Not to mention; with the open beta, several people who never would of considered getting the game saw how fun it was, and now plan to pick it up, and the fact that voice chat makes life so much easier (For most), and a slurry of other things.

In short, Will xbox have more people than pc/ps2? hard to say, doubtful, but i doubt it will be "Small" as several have stated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-10-17 09:29 ]</font>

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
LOL! And your name is Sephiroth...clearly a playstation fanboy. Can you say biased?

Really? Lets see some proof to back up all of that crap. I guess sega is stupid? You mean people wont pay to play PSU on the 360? Im sure you know more than them.

SephYuyX
Oct 17, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-10-17 11:55, jarek99 wrote:

LOL! And your name is Sephiroth...clearly a playstation fanboy. Can you say biased?

More ignorance. Its funny when people resort to silly insults when they cant think of anything witty to say. Want to insult my name? You better read up on what its based on then http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121727&forum=20&start=0

Btw, I hate playstation, I hope the PS3 burns to the ground, Sony is an arrogant company. (though ill probably buy when one it drops 300 $)

You can really tell when gradeschool is over for the day, the boards are flooded with idiocy.

SP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-17 12:21 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Oct 17, 2006, 02:36 PM
Number of servers means nothing during a free beta.

FrogKicker
Oct 17, 2006, 02:39 PM
You can really tell when gradeschool is over for the day, the boards are flooded with idiocy.

Oh the irony of that statement. Jp playerbase != Worldwide playerbase. Just because something happens in your Golden city of perfection does not mean it applies all over the world. I could honestly care less which system has more players or sells more copies, as I have previously stated. But when you pull facts out of your ass it isn't doing you a whole lot of good.

Gaming over the past few years has been declining in Japan, while growing in the US. Just because most games come fromm Japan does not mean everyone and their mommy over their is playing games. If I must I would be more than happy to link the interviews.(granted it may take me a while as it has been a month or so since I read em.) It is not a stone cold fact, it's probable that the ps2 will have a bigger playerbase due to the fact that it has been out for so long and it's super cheap to buy one, but it sure as hell aint a fact.

Fatal-Killer
Oct 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
i think there will be more people playing the full version of PSU on the 360 since the download was only open to people with a gold subscription card

SephYuyX
Oct 17, 2006, 03:02 PM
Oh the irony of that statement. Jp playerbase != Worldwide playerbase. Just because something happens in your Golden city of perfection does not mean it applies all over the world. I could honestly care less which system has more players or sells more copies, as I have previously stated. But when you pull facts out of your ass it isn't doing you a whole lot of good.

Gaming over the past few years has been declining in Japan, while growing in the US. Just because most games come fromm Japan does not mean everyone and their mommy over their is playing games. If I must I would be more than happy to link the interviews.(granted it may take me a while as it has been a month or so since I read em.) It is not a stone cold fact, it's probable that the ps2 will have a bigger playerbase due to the fact that it has been out for so long and it's super cheap to buy one, but it sure as hell aint a fact.

[/quote]

Golden city? I think Japan is a country actually, but im not to sure. Sorry to dissapoint you, but im no fanboy of JP either, I dont run around saying 'baka baka desu~~' and crap. Next time you see someone mention something about Europe, you should poke at them too.

Im not pulling this out of my ass, the asian countries completly obliterate gamers in any other. Sorry, but that is a fact. (Japan is not the biggest MMORPG playerbase anyway, their neighbors are)

Im not being biased in any of this. Im playing PC, but id rather play in a smaller playerbase, PS2 will beat out PC and 360, and 360 will be in last by a long shot. Im not making this up, and you will be able to see this after a half-year if you dont believe me.

ProfessorZ
Oct 17, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-10-17 12:58, Fatal-Killer wrote:
i think there will be more people playing the full version of PSU on the 360 since the download was only open to people with a gold subscription card

Great point I'm surprised I didn't think of that. And when I made this thread I didn't think of the Japanese because I already know they hate the 360 for some odd reason. The beta consisted of NA/EU players and there were stil problems getting on. And witht the 60 hrs I logged into the beta I never encountered any JP players

Razorback
Oct 17, 2006, 03:05 PM
way less people will buy the game. I say these cause did you see all the people that were just danceing or fooling around? The only people that are getting this game are PSO fans, and people who had a good time playing the beta and were smart enoungh to realize there wont be that much lag cause 3/4's of all those user's arent goin to be on

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 03:06 PM
All that I understand is, that there's going to be enough.

Doesn't matter if I play on PC, PS2, XB360; I'm most likely going to find the same number of cool people that I'll party with and have fun with the game.

The only thing close to fact I may be able to state, here, is that the majority of players will only party with a tiny fraction of the entire population anyhow. It doesn't take a Humungous population to get all the players you need, but it requires a Humungous population to have a Humungous amount of annoying people you don't want to play with.

From a player-to-player perspective, it all evens out.

Ryoga4523
Oct 17, 2006, 03:51 PM
Since when has this become a how has the biggest user base contest. it does not matter. The 360 does have a stronger online user base because almost every 360 game is geared for online play. That was one of the major goals that MS wanted to accomplish over their original XBOX. There is a serious lack of rpg's and mmo's in the 360 universe and right now most 360 owners are ready to try out just about anything, and seeing as how teh Beta went over well, I do think that there will be a substantial amount of people playing PSU on 360 the first day... cant wait.

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 04:29 PM
More ignorance. Its funny when people resort to silly insults when they cant think of anything witty to say.
I didnt insult your name. I merely said it was Sephiroth..and it is. I dont really think that qualifies as an insult. Then I said you were a ps2 fanboy. Perhaps final fantasy fanboy would be more accurate? I dont know if thats an insult either. I'll proudly admit that Im a nintendo fanboy.

Really? Because that post was made 5 minutes before noon. Im 25 years old and last i checked, school ended at 3pm. Then again, they dont teach kids anything nowadays. Maybe it ends sooner?

I still disagree with your statement about the 360 community not lasting very long. I guess Sega was stupid to spend all that money on developing, researching and marketing their product when the all-knowing SephirothYuyX could have given them some free advice that the 360 community will fail.

Minswune
Oct 17, 2006, 04:45 PM
It's doubtful the 360 community, or any of the communities at all will "Fail", more then enough people will buy the game, allowing it to last for years to come (Hopefully). Really i dont see why so many are trying to turn this into xbox vs pc/ps2, if i'm not mistaken, the OP asked if people think the xbox will have more or less players than the beta had.

I'd think it'll be fairly close, sure, not everyone who downloaded the beta will buy the full version, but several will, many people who never would of thought to pick the game up, saw what a fun thing it is, and now plan to buy it (Kudos to the open beta idea), some probably tried it, saw it wasn't what they were expecting, and will no longer get it, though this number is probably very slim.

For the most part, the number of actual players will probably be fairly close to what the beta saw, considering people who only had silver can pick it up, and others with gold who hadn't noticed the beta and went to get it too late (shafted by the 2 day download period), then we get jp's to join us come December.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-10-17 14:47 ]</font>

Neo187H
Oct 17, 2006, 09:55 PM
You cant forget all those people that want to get the game but never knew about the Beta test. I'm sure picking it up when it comes out and I have been reading up on it but I never found out about the Beta until yesterday when I found this site. Its much easier to go out and buy something when you see it advertised and in stores than it is to download a Beta that is listed hardly anywhere, even "Official Xbox Magazine" didnt have any mention of this Beta test but it does have previews for PSU and will have a review of it when it comes out.

chrisy05
Oct 17, 2006, 11:01 PM
well w/e i have no problems with the number of people on the 360 version. Although to much people might be a disastor inless they can fix that. Cus during the beta, everything seemed extremly laggy, pluss at times it took me 20 minutes to log on ><.
like some of u i dont care how many players there are, just as long as theres someone to play with im happy

-Crokar-
Oct 18, 2006, 12:00 AM
why is it that almost every thread having to do with the 360 version of the game constantly turn into ps2/pc users coming in with their "holier than thou" attitude and tottally flame the 360 version. its starting to get rather rediculous.

and i know someone is going to flame me for this and i dont really care.because when it comes down to it, its just a GAME. im tired of all the "our user base is huge compared to yours" i mean seriously are you ever going to play with thousands of different people....no your not. i wouldnt care if there were less than a thousand on the 360. i mean think for a second people. your probobly going to find about 20 people that youll play with consistantly.

Garroway
Oct 18, 2006, 12:29 AM
^ Rediculous? There is PS2/PC user base that is growing into an outright Religion. I agree that the "all your user base are belong to us" excuse is beginning to wear a little thin. I don't mean to imply that the PS2/PC version is inferior to the xbox 360 version. The preferred version of other individuals is an irrelvant subject to me, my decision has been finalised and it won't be swayed by any argument. It is my belief that the population demonstrated in the Beta version will be somewhat accurate to the full version population. I'm sure it was not exactly representative, but the differences will be imperceptable to the end user. My only concern is that I'm clearly not as comitted to PSU as many of you have proven to be. It will certainly take me longer that 72 hours to achieve a similar rank, and it is of some concern that an expereienced but low ranking player base will be difficult to find on any platform.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 18, 2006, 12:41 AM
All I can be is hopeful: I HOPE there will be a large playerbase on 360, I HOPE there is a large playerbase on PS2/PC. I HOPE for the best of both of them. The more successful this game is for every platform equals more updates, more quest, and more involvement on behalf of Sega and SonicTeam.
That's what everyone should be thinking. Screw any "holier-than-thou" mentality that people have and be hopeful that it will be great for everyone.

Bleemo
Oct 18, 2006, 12:56 AM
Hmm, I'm a believer that Xbox 360 will have the lesser playerbase, but also I believe it doesn't matter. I can't see it being much less than PC/PS2, especially after the JP release of the X360 version.

On 2006-10-17 13:51, Ryoga4523 wrote:
Since when has this become a how has the biggest user base contest. it does not matter.

Because SIZE matters m'boy. Them good ol' Xbox 360 boys like their shit BIG. They certainly know athingertwo about BIG things. Just take-a look at ther console. They want it ALL BIG and won't settle until they have much BIGGER thangs then everyun else, ya hear?

gynko06
Oct 18, 2006, 01:03 AM
I perseonally think PS2/PC will be way bigger. I mean who doenst own a PS2 and the game doesnt require that high of graphics for PC users. I have a decked comp and a EMachines and my emachines runs the min requiremnts lol wwith only like 100 bucks of upgrading it along time ago.

When the beta was on Japan for Ps2/PC it was insane. First the stress servers hold alot more people then the 360 american did. Second on how hard it was to be able to get on Was way worst then the 360. Fan Boys for teh loose

But both consoles will do fine.. ANd for teh person who said why do 360 forums always have pc/ps2 users flame on them lol cos they prolly hear how rediculous u fan boys can be. I mean im a owner of both. its all personal. but to like breg about a game or to say "fact" what is best is retarted. Just hope the game does really good on all 3 consoles and hope for the best for the future of the game. being a fan boy for ne console is just rediculous

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gynko06 on 2006-10-17 23:07 ]</font>

Sev
Oct 18, 2006, 01:10 AM
On 2006-10-17 23:03, gynko06 wrote:
I perseonally think PS2/PC will be way bigger. I mean who doenst own a PS2 and the game doesnt require that high of graphics for PC users. I have a decked comp and a EMachines and my emachines runs the min requiremnts lol wwith only like 100 bucks of upgrading it along time ago.

When the beta was on Japan for Ps2/PC it was insane. First the stress servers hold alot more people then the 360 american did. Second on how hard it was to be able to get on Was way worst then the 360. Fan Boys for teh loose

Hmm... Do you really think there were more people on the Japanese PSU Closed Beta then this Beta that just ran? I wonder if there can be a count somewhere... I also thought that the PSU Closed Beta was up and down quite a bit as far as the servers go... Whereas the 360 servers were pretty much on all the time. I dunno, I didn't really look into this much or at all because well...

I support inter-console love and peace! Yes... I'm saying it again. Why can't we all just be fans of PSU and leave the "My platform is better then your's!" comments aside? I understand if you wanna debate a little, but keep in mind that OUR final release is not here yet. I know you're all anxious but remember...

We're here because we like PSU... Or at least wanna know somethin about it. Let's leave all the other bullshit out.

Right guys?

FrogKicker
Oct 18, 2006, 06:17 AM
Golden city? I think Japan is a country actually, but im not to sure. Sorry to dissapoint you, but im no fanboy of JP either, I dont run around saying 'baka baka desu~~' and crap. Next time you see someone mention something about Europe, you should poke at them too.

Im not pulling this out of my ass, the asian countries completly obliterate gamers in any other. Sorry, but that is a fact. (Japan is not the biggest MMORPG playerbase anyway, their neighbors are)

Im not being biased in any of this. Im playing PC, but id rather play in a smaller playerbase, PS2 will beat out PC and 360, and 360 will be in last by a long shot. Im not making this up, and you will be able to see this after a half-year if you dont believe me.

If this is a stone cold fact please direct me to your uber source of knowledge. And uhh..you just said bakwtfeveryousaid. Your facts are pulled out of your ass, if it's the koreans you are referring too, they might...keyword might have the world beat when it comes to MMOs. As for console or offline gaming..lol. And seeings how PSU is not an MMO I fail to see how your 'fact' has any merit on anything.

I also stated it was very probable that PSU on the ps2/PC might sell out the 360, but you are highly underestimating the 360.

As for your name, even if you are not a sephy fanboi, you know damned well you played/heard of sephiroth in ffvii and seen it give birth to his 987640460437407 fans. So you deserve to be poked fun at for picking it.

SephYuyX
Oct 18, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2006-10-18 04:17, FrogKicker wrote:
I also stated it was very probable that PSU on the ps2/PC might sell out the 360, but you are highly underestimating the 360.

Yes Korea.

And like I said, if youre so impatient for your results, youll get one annualy from SEGA.

I honestly do not see how you can actually believe the 360 playerbase will be anywhere close to that of the PC/PS2. I dont hate the 360, but things tend to happen the same why theyve happened before.

The PS2 playerbase will beat out 360 alone, by a lot. PC is a toss up, not sure on them, but theyre probably pretty close/same/bigger compaired to the 360.

You can say whatever you want, but ill bet you some special rare that 360 is blown out of the water by the PS2/PCs.

One of my friends will be playing on the 360, another will be on PS2, and me and two others will be on PC.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 08:28 AM
Baisically the ps2 vs 360 psu race is like this, both sides wants everyone to like their version the best, and they both seem to want :

A big population with less lag.

Braggin rights, the ability to rub the other systems face in it, and a big fat "I told you so" attachced to it.

better and exclusive features for their system.

and become a bigger arrogant asshole than they already are having this discussion.

FrogKicker
Oct 18, 2006, 08:36 AM
You don't seem to be understanding me, I could care less if ps2 playerbase is bigger, I HOPE its bigger. Less nubs and lag annoying me on the 360 servers. I am just saying the 360 is not a small community like you are making it out to be.

SephYuyX
Oct 18, 2006, 08:54 AM
Id rather play it on 360 for that fact.

Toruxxx
Oct 18, 2006, 09:00 AM
On 2006-10-17 06:16, Souppy wrote:

No offence mate but you are chatting so much crap there.