PDA

View Full Version : Just a neat idea me and a friend thought of.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:26 AM
Me and ANIMEniac where talking the other night and we just kinda thought it would be pretty cool and the idea was. Say you barrow a weapon or and item from your friend and you need to return it, but low and behold he has logged off? SO we thought it would be cool if you can leave items in peoples rooms so when they logged on the next time there would be there item there waiting for them or maybe a deposit box that you can make accesable to people you want. Well what do you think?

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:28 AM
ya that would be aswome because i take out loans and stuff from my crew all the time...i know you can decorate their room for them. I did that and confused my people.

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
yea like you could put it in, but then you couldnt take stuff out because then people would just become your friend and then go to you r room and steal from you

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:33 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:30, Zabot wrote:
yea like you could put it in, but then you couldnt take stuff out because then people would just become your friend and then go to you r room and steal from you

well it could work like Eve's guild hanger, you can give them lvls of access. like lvl 1 only being able to only put things in, 2 being able to put in and take out

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-17 05:33 ]</font>

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:33 AM
Ya it was nice though that i could leave them something.....i wonder if you could leave the items that crashed the rooms.....

AlMcFly
Oct 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
Haha, that way people can start up "item rental" shops. Complete with due dates and late fees ;P.

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
oh that would be really nice! and you grant people level with your partner card! like when you give someone your partner card you get an option of granting them level 1, 2 or 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (3 i don't know what it would be, but 3 levels sounds good)

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:37 AM
I like it....to bad the game is pretty much finshed and launced....no...its not launched yet

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:38 AM
lol If it was like PSO I would leave all 99 freaken dragon slayers I found in their room

Nayte
Oct 17, 2006, 07:39 AM
A simple delivery box system like FFXI would work.
Only for giving items/meseta though.

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:40 AM
I would just a bunch of 1 dollars all over their room....cover the floor in 1$

Velocity_7
Oct 17, 2006, 07:43 AM
There can be changes made at any time; the PS2 version can get a 3 MB binary while the PC version gets a 2 MB one (and more if needed). I like the item rental idea.

I also like the idea of having an Item Trade-in area in the shop where you set what item you need, at what price (just for display, not a real restriction), and people temporarily put it in this box. At this point you can decide to:

1. Return the item to the owner's PM automatically
2. Choose to buy the item, owner must decide whether selling is allowed for the item
3. Choose to trade instead, owner must decide whether trading is allowed for the item

and any of these would automatically alert the original owner via mail.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:43 AM
Well a mail system like WoW's would work too but, I just think leaving a gift on some ones floor in their room is cool.

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 07:44 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:40, Flame6 wrote:
I would just a bunch of 1 dollars all over their room....cover the floor in 1$

funny you say dollars... I guess you meen meseta? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:44 AM
wait....has anyone tried to just drop a gift on a floor in the room? cuz i never tried it and it might work

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:48 AM
I don't think you can drop any thing int here also it would probly disapear the second you log off

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:50 AM
ya thats what i just though, o well they sould let you have a item box you can drop stuff in or have your friend leave stuff you can take

tonberrylord
Oct 17, 2006, 09:33 AM
My friend who plays the Japanese version told me that you can leave items in other peoples rooms if they have your partner card. However the item he left him and showed me a picture was a toilet lol (Decoration Item prob). So hopefully that clears some stuff up.

Minswune
Oct 17, 2006, 10:58 AM
You can leave decorations, but not loose items, i tried in the beta, and i got a message saying i cant drop items in the lobby/my room.

Mazoku
Oct 17, 2006, 11:16 AM
What does the gift wrap option in the stores do?

Velocity_7
Oct 17, 2006, 11:18 AM
Just wraps up the item, nothing more.

I haven't tested if one can drop an item that's been wrapped up in My Room. Can anyone test before I get home?