PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE DATES ON PSU (WHEN IT WILL BE HERE)

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 09:41 AM
It seems there is a lot of confusion on the Official release date of PSU. Just to let everyone konw, the game is being shiped on the 24, but sadly, it will not be here until the 25.

this is just to clear up confusion for those who didnt know, in case you have missed some of the other topics or cant find it on the web. You will have to wait till the 25th in order to get PSU.

i hope this info helped.

peace guys

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 09:48 AM
yes it will be shipped then because that's the date it's released. soooo if wanna have it the 24, pre-order it and pick it up at the store. that's how it is here anyway.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
Very few places will actually have it on the 24th. Unless, of course, they let you pay to download the game on the website. Which would kick ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 09:50 AM
hmm may be. mine will have it on the 24th though.. ebgames

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 09:51 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:49, EnixBelmont wrote:
Very few places will actually have it on the 24th. Unless, of course, they let you pay to download the game on the website. Which would kick ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

you can download the Japenese version on the Japanese website, but you have to pay for it, alnog with guess where you download it. . . Good Luck LOL

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:50, Starshape wrote:

Depending on where you live, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They say the 24th, but they probably won't get it until the 25th, like most places. Unless you live near a sega HQ or something.

Drown
Oct 17, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, preorder for the win.
They ship early.
You never know, but there is a good chance I'll be picking up my PSU on the way home from the Uni on the 24th.

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 09:54 AM
OMG ILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME LOL, EVERYONE WILL HAVE IT THE 24, THEY ARENT ALLOWED TO SELL IT UNTIL THE 25, GOT IT ROFL

PEACE

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 09:56 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:52, EnixBelmont wrote:

Depending on where you live, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They say the 24th, but they probably won't get it until the 25th, like most places. Unless you live near a sega HQ or something.

hmm I don't get it.. is it like that for you? sure I live in Sweden and for me it's in november, but I never EVER had to wait an extra day for a game because of shipping for any game.

Drown
Oct 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:54, Zabot wrote:
OMG ILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME LOL, EVERYONE WILL HAVE IT THE 24, THEY ARENT ALLOWED TO SELL IT UNTIL THE 25, GOT IT ROFL

PEACE

That doesn't sound right... If no one was selling it until the 25th, they wouldn't advertise and let you preorder a copy for the 24th.

Regardless, we'll just have to wait and see.

Bast
Oct 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
Gamestop is affiliated with EB Games and they unfortunately told me it wouldn’t be in until the 25th when I preordered in yesterday. Either which way I’ll take my two vacation days for next week Wednesday and Thursday to play it safe. If it arrives earlier (24th) then great, if not I’m ok.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 17, 2006, 10:02 AM
I've gotten games earlier than the expected stock date plenty of times before. it doesn't happen all the time and I'd say It doesn't happen most of the time. But it has happened a fair number of times. Please don't beat people down with your version of the way things always are.

PEACE

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-10-17 08:02, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
I've gotten games earlier than the expected stock date plenty of times before. it doesn't happen all the time and I'd say It doesn't happen most of the time. But it has happened a fair number of times. Please don't beat people down with your version of the way things always are.

PEACE

im not beating people down man, its just like Halo 2, everyone had it before they were allowed to sell it, even though people did anyway. but thats beside the point. just please i really want to know how i beat people down, i wazs just saying, i thought people werent understanding what i was saying, im sorry if it offended you but this was in no way shape or form to beat people down, but just the opposite, to educate them in a lighthearted funny manner.

Peace i hope this makes up for me offending you

Starshape
Oct 17, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-10-17 08:02, Alpha-Hunter wrote:

Exactly... isn't there a special category somewhere on pso-world for whining and trying to change peoples view of things negatively?

Drown
Oct 17, 2006, 10:07 AM
If I recall, wasn't Halo 2 an unusualy circumstance? Didn't Bungee pre-ship all of the Halo 2 copies so that they could release them all at once, because of the huge demand/media circus?

I thought they did, anyway.

February
Oct 17, 2006, 10:09 AM
On 2006-10-17 07:52, EnixBelmont wrote:

I live an hour away from Sega HQ and I Was told the 25th :| I've rarely ever seen games get released on their ship date, it's almost always a day or two later.

Zabot
Oct 17, 2006, 10:10 AM
it was something like that, but pleaces like wal-mart, and K-mart sold them early, so they got sued for a whole mess a' money. but, then why are all the stores from a lot of places saying the 25, they are saying they will have it on the 24, but wont sell it??? thats what everyone has said, and i asked 4 stores yesterday, target, walmart, gamecrazy, and ebgames, and they all said, they will have it on the 24, but wont sell it till the 25.

tonberrylord
Oct 17, 2006, 10:11 AM
OK over here on the East Coast or just Florida. I know the games say released Tuesday but Its aka the ship date. The games always come in on Wednesday unless your Blockbuster..... but yea Wednesday is when most of us are getting the game I have mine pre ordered but all mygames always came in on Wednesday not Tuesday

Kano-Okami
Oct 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
Awe, that just ruined my Tuesday, http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_gonk.gif

I guess I'll have to get it after my Wednesday class.
Meh, it doesn't matter all that much anyways. I did reserve a copy after all.
I wonder how many tracks will be on that bonus music disk...hehe..

Bast
Oct 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
The shipment date is set for Tuesday, October 24th. Sometimes random variables may push forward the shipment day/time. Many retail companies don’t like giving the sell date the same as a shipment date. Telling customers it will be in on the 25th give them a full 24 hours of “insurance.”

If I was told to come on the 24th to pick up the game it was told come back tomorrow, I would be upset. Gamestop calls customers the night before the game should be there. So I rather the game be available a day before I was told rather then the day after.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
at the end of the day atleast see if you can pick yours up tuesday (if they even have it). most stores will wait until the release date even if their shipment arrived early. But really you never know until you try. if not then you come back the next day. It's what I always do. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Luno
Oct 17, 2006, 01:42 PM
hm...well, if you preordered it online, will they ship it directly to you on the 24th, or will it be shipped to the store, then shipped to you?

Sevenfold
Oct 17, 2006, 01:48 PM
Zabot, it doesnt matter how you say it, majority of people are ignorant on the subject and wont listen to reason. Your better off letting them figure it out for themselves.

btarded
Oct 17, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well sucks to be you lol. I will have mine on the 24th or sooner. Enjoy your 25th.

McLaughlin
Oct 17, 2006, 02:29 PM

PEACE

Um...No?

The OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE is October 24th for North America. The game can be sold as of 12:01 on the 24th, although the means by which someone would have procured copies of the game so early would be questionable.

Regardless, they can sell it on the 24th.

McLaughlin
Oct 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-10-17 08:10, Zabot wrote:
it was something like that, but pleaces like wal-mart, and K-mart sold them early, so they got sued for a whole mess a' money. but, then why are all the stores from a lot of places saying the 25, they are saying they will have it on the 24, but wont sell it??? thats what everyone has said, and i asked 4 stores yesterday, target, walmart, gamecrazy, and ebgames, and they all said, they will have it on the 24, but wont sell it till the 25.

Most stores have a policy, which tells them to sell things the day after they get them. It gives them time to stock the shelves, enter the stock into their computers, and so on and so forth.

I don't ever recall Wal-Mart being sued for an early sale.

Xeion
Oct 17, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-17 07:56, Starshape wrote:
[quote]
hmm I don't get it.. is it like that for you? sure I live in Sweden and for me it's in november, but I never EVER had to wait an extra day for a game because of shipping for any game.

I live in Sweden also and I just get in to my local Game store etc and pick it up. But I usally order via Internet and it takes 1 day extra to get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeion on 2006-10-17 12:44 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Oct 17, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-10-17 12:35, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-10-17 08:10, Zabot wrote:

Most stores have a policy, which tells them to sell things the day after they get them. It gives them time to stock the shelves, enter the stock into their computers, and so on and so forth.

I don't ever recall Wal-Mart being sued for an early sale.

Lawsuits and such are normally kept behind closed doors for breaking street dates.

Anyway the search function is your friend (not directed at the person I quoted).
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121548&forum=20

Maxurion
Oct 17, 2006, 02:54 PM
Honestly... it's 1 day extra, what does it matter?

I'll be getting my copy on the 26th because I live in Canada. So what? It's not like I'm going to play it for 1 day and then quit...

gynko06
Oct 17, 2006, 02:59 PM
I called and they told me they will be getting the shipment in the afternoon on the 24th. I will be able to pick it up later that night once they get it all in order. I live in SO-CAL so im sure its differnt depending on where you live. I also live about 30 mins from LA/Hollywood so im sure there is a HQ near us. I will prolly get it the 25th cos i have shit to do. But who cares if u waited this long u can wait a few more days.

And whoever said it wont be sold till the 25th needs to get his facts straight. The store said they were going to sell it the 24th. Also even the Official website says Adventure begains 24th.Im sure if they were making stores wait to sell it for some reason they would say adventure begains 25th.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gynko06 on 2006-10-17 13:02 ]</font>

Pikku
Oct 17, 2006, 03:18 PM
Its true though... many stores sometimes get the equipment and arent suppose to sell it until every store have it (aka the next day).
But many times a store like Gamestop or EB Games or whatever will say "Well get it around 5 or 6. Come back then." Or something. OR! They sometimes DO wait until the next day (Even though you see many boxes behind them which Im sure has the game in there).
And then theres those cheap/expensive broken down gamestores youll see on the side of the street... theyll surely have the game on the 24th and wont give a damn when they sell it and will sell it to you whenever they get it. I pre Ordered mine in Gamestop so hopefully this game theyll let out on the 24th. If not Ill go to those broken down stores and buy the PC version until I get my PS2 version on Wednesday.

Pikku
Oct 17, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-10-17 12:59, gynko06 wrote:
I called and they told me they will be getting the shipment in the afternoon on the 24th. I will be able to pick it up later that night once they get it all in order. I live in SO-CAL so im sure its differnt depending on where you live. I also live about 30 mins from LA/Hollywood so im sure there is a HQ near us. I will prolly get it the 25th cos i have shit to do. But who cares if u waited this long u can wait a few more days.

And whoever said it wont be sold till the 25th needs to get his facts straight. The store said they were going to sell it the 24th. Also even the Official website says Adventure begains 24th.Im sure if they were making stores wait to sell it for some reason they would say adventure begains 25th.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gynko06 on 2006-10-17 13:02 ]</font>

Not true...
Many games say a date and you cant get it until the day after...
I remember when Smash Brother Melee was coming out everywhere EVEN THE OFFICIAL SITE said December 3rd of (whatever year it was).
I was insane for that game so I got my mother going on a wild goose chase for that game for me. I wanted it on that day and that was that. My mother called me many times saying "Everywhere I went to said not until tomorrow" I kept telling her "The site say Dec 3rd... so I want ot Dec 3rd... keep looking @.@;;;"
Well she came home with it... didnt tell me where she got it though.
Another game like that was Kingdom Hearts II. I forgot the date of that game but after my classes I rushed everywhere for it (I preordered it in Gamestop too) I was checking around because I wanted to see if Ill get it that day. Well Gamestop said not until tomorrow I was like "!?!?!?!?!?" So I looked around and got it from one of those "Broken Down" Game stores and for $10 less than the original price (I put down $5 on KHII so I didnt care if I lost that $5).
I put down ALLLLLLL the money down for PSU so pretty much I just have to pick it up at Gamestop.
So its 50/50.
They might have it the 24th... they might not... all there is to do it go both days and Pray to Rico they got it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Or Falz if you want to get Technical...)

RuinedReBirth
Oct 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
PSO EP1&2, Xenosaga, DMC3DA, Kingdom Hearts...Just a few of the games I picked up on or before their original shipping date. They are allowed to sell it a few days ahead of time if they receive it early (unless told otherwise) - if you can show me information that proves me, or anyone else, wrong...I would like to see this.

Other than that, "ROFL."

Bast
Oct 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I try my best to avoid placing more than $5 down to reserve game. A few times I've found games in Mom and Pop game stores a day or two before Game Stop, so I would just forget the $5 and pick it up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-10-17 13:49 ]</font>