PDA

View Full Version : Nanoblast is way too good.

1337Beeb
Oct 17, 2006, 10:40 AM
Yup, playing with my brother and his girlfriend last night on the beta and she finally gets her nanoblast.

It's ridiculously overpowered.

For one thing, it does about 36,954 damage per hit, never misses and is impossible to die. Also, she can nanoblast pretty much every 3 minutes. No joke.

Please end this faggotry Sega, Photonblasts were fun but this is over the top.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
36000 damage a hit? Are you serious?

Damn, now I REALLLY can't wait to get my SUV weapons. Of course, they'll probably end up sucking :/

1337Beeb
Oct 17, 2006, 10:44 AM
No, at level 20 it's about 450 a hit. Way overpowered, considering my brother can do 150 a hit MAXIMUM.

February
Oct 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
And now I shall make a beast character. I Was debating if I wanted a beast or not but now I have to see this Nanoblast for myself.

1337Beeb
Oct 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
It looks pretty shit too, but I've only seen the female one.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
On 2006-10-17 08:44, 1337Beeb wrote:
No, at level 20 it's about 450 a hit. Way overpowered, considering my brother can do 150 a hit MAXIMUM.

.....That's not very much at all. Seriously. It doesn't last long enough to seriously be great.What, 50 seconds at most, with the power form? Even less with inviciblity(like 30-35).

It's useful, yeah, but not overpowered in the least. Forces can consistantly do 150-250 at level 3, and don't have a time limit or anything.

Saner
Oct 17, 2006, 10:59 AM
Im not making a Beast character but I welcome that advantage for them. It's an amazing site to behold.

I met a friend in the beta who got their blast badge thingy for Nanoblast and I got the SUV too so we were having lots of fun showing it off to many parties and seeing their priceless jaw dropping reactions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

my friend was so powerful and cool like me that after his gauge is full, he would simply sit indian style and watch the others fight, until its time to use the Nanoblast before the mission is over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

without Nanoblasts, Beasts would just be slightly stronger Humans. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Abeatron
Oct 17, 2006, 11:44 AM
Wow, now i KNOW there will be a beast among my characters, i'm even seariously considering making it my main, i like the ears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Crokar-
Oct 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
i hate the stupid beast ears so thats why im not going to be one.

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-10-17 09:46, -Crokar- wrote:

The ears are lame,. but bearable, since I was going to ahve long hair and my ears hanging down anyway, so it's unnoticable. But the stupid freaking dog nose is just retarded looking. It's the reason I'm being a cast over a beast. And casts look cooler otherwise too. XP

Oh, and let me add one more thing to that, after seeing that video. They look Ridiculous when they nanoblast, with their arms flailing. That's probably the least cool thing I've ever seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EnixBelmont on 2006-10-17 09:56 ]</font>

Candor
Oct 17, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-10-17 08:40, 1337Beeb wrote:
Yup, playing with my brother and his girlfriend last night on the beta and she finally gets her nanoblast.

For one thing, it does about 36,954 damage per hit, never misses and is impossible to die. Also, she can nanoblast pretty much every 3 minutes. No joke.

You make it sound like there's insane dmg, invincibility and accuracy all in one blast. It's split up into 4, shown here http://stage6.divx.com/members/114888/videos/1011628

in no way would i say that is overpowered, personally i'm going for the yellow one, that's the one where you never miss

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-17 09:55 ]</font>

Candor
Oct 17, 2006, 12:08 PM
On 2006-10-17 09:49, EnixBelmont wrote:

The ears are lame,. but bearable, since I was going to ahve long hair and my ears hanging down anyway, so it's unnoticable. But the stupid freaking dog nose is just retarded looking. It's the reason I'm being a cast over a beast. And casts look cooler otherwise too. XP

Oh, and let me add one more thing to that, after seeing that video. They look Ridiculous when they nanoblast, with their arms flailing. That's probably the least cool thing I've ever seen.

Really? i still like it, looks better than the male version, i'm just curious if it's always going to turn blue during the transformation, only other time i've seen that was when your character first loads.

Yachiru
Oct 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, my friend got his Nanoblast last night in the beta as well. My Beast character disappeared, so I'll have to wait until the real game releases before I can expierence that kind of fun. ; ;

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 12:20 PM

ummmmm, it's a beta, Also beasts suck at magic, so how is being able to do 400 for a short time, worst then a Newman Force who can cast heavey damage speels in seconds. Also it does miss

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-10-17 10:08, Candor wrote:

On 2006-10-17 09:49, EnixBelmont wrote:

Really? i still like it, looks better than the male version, i'm just curious if it's always going to turn blue during the transformation, only other time i've seen that was when your character first loads.

Yeah, better than Male beasts, but what's that saying? Not much. Male beasts have furry crotches, too :/

Fleece
Oct 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
depends what role you want, i mean having a Nanoblast that makes you invincible for 30 seconds, massive defense for 45 seconds, Amazing speed with a long combo for 45 seconds or massive damage for 45 seconds on different tatoo badge things is a genius idea, it all just depends on what role you have. i mean you can do a lot of damage with invincibility and no knockback in 30 seconds.

Candor
Oct 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
i thought it was 35 for invinc, and 50 for everything else

edit: hmm, from the video it's 30 and 40

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-17 10:42 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
You'd have to be a complete moron to believe that Sonic Team would put something in the game, that's way too overpowered, when there are races that don't get some form of special like that.

It just doesn't happen with serious game companies.

From what I can tell, the balance lies in technique usage; Newmen get a lot of TP, making for very powerful Technique attacks (which, according to what I've seen in the beta, are pretty powerful) as their advantage. Humans, of course, get to be the theoretical second-best at everything, making them ideal for hybrid classes (Wartecher and Guntecher, really), therein lying the strength of Humans.

Granted, I haven't seen an incredble lot of the game (played through just about everything in the beta), but it seems like things will prove to be quite balanced for the rest of the game. We'll just have to wait and see.

Cojiro
Oct 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
Maybe it's a lot of successive lower powered hits at once? So the numbers merge...?
Just a guess.

RamenEater
Oct 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
Is it just me or the female beast form has much cooler attack animation than male beasts.

Aaron777
Oct 17, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to agree while that may seem like a ton of damage now it's taken out of context. And it seems to me that the races and classes all seem to accel at much different rates such as the newman force being able to deal out great damage at level three. But later I would assume the cast hunter would catch up when he recieves higher PA's for melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aaron777 on 2006-10-17 11:31 ]</font>

Kaply
Oct 17, 2006, 01:34 PM
I know I posted this on another thread, beast form has it's own drawbacks. Don't just watch someone use it because the grass only looks greener.

uhawww
Oct 17, 2006, 01:44 PM
Wait until you play in 4X-5X level Parties...
Nanoblast not only makes up for the "0"s (due to lower ATA), but is strategically crucial, as Rank A and above missions get so crazy at times that a tactical Nanoblast or SUV weapon are almost necessary.

The only time you'll even notice imbalance is in proximity to Level 20 once it's attained, since then and only then, does it seem gamebreaking at any capacity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-17 11:46 ]</font>

Kei-Z
Oct 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
Interesting post uhawww...I, for one, thought that the nanoblast would probably give more of a tactical advantage than an insane damage boost. I haven't played the game yet, but it seems to me that nanoblasts usefulness really adds utility above anything else. Do you or anyone else know how often a nanoblast is attained at higher levels? Of course this will be different depending on the character and class used, but I just wanted some idea of how often beasts would be able to nanoblast at high levels.

uhawww
Oct 17, 2006, 02:05 PM
Well, Blast guage builds when you hit something, or something hits you, so it really is dependent on the weapon you are using. In an average mission with 3+ party members, it's not too difficult to get 2 Nanoblasts in if you run a decent gamut of weapons (I use dual daggers, Fist, and Sword primarily, All of which have multi hit potential, all of which build the guage quickly).

I finally synthed my first Axe this morning, and did a mission with that, and the guage was slow as molasses, only used Nano once. Axe hits single targets, and the PA doesn't have a large range. That's fine, since with the Axe, I was hitting for 300+ a shot.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 17, 2006, 02:11 PM
After watching that video, I feel sorry for that poor poor beasty who couldn't hit those flying enemies for a good 4-5 seconds of her Nanoblast.

Decurae
Oct 17, 2006, 03:16 PM
I haven't played yet, but not being able to use items while in beast mode is a disadvantage, and the increased attack power nanoblasts only last 50 seconds. I see it being very useful in tight spots. At higher levels, like in PSO, it will probably take much longer to get your guage filled.

Valueowned
Oct 17, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah unless there is a force to heal you, you have to make sure your at full health otherwise it can go down fast since you dont flinch when you get hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valueowned on 2006-10-17 13:21 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Oct 17, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-10-17 10:43, Kent wrote:
You'd have to be a complete moron to believe that Sonic Team would put something in the game, that's way too overpowered, when there are races that don't get some form of special like that.

It just doesn't happen with serious game companies.

Granted this like their 4th version, so they should get it right by now, but I'm sure the older players that played DC PSO version 1 and 2 remembers the Spread Needle XD

Not saying they will make the mistake again, just saying I'm not surprised if they do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2006-10-17 13:31 ]</font>

Fatima
Oct 20, 2006, 12:28 AM
Are beasts really terrible at Magic? I was hoping to make a Beast force....but..everyone makes it sound like it'd be impossible to play well and survive as one.

oNijohso
Oct 20, 2006, 01:04 AM
Beasts arent that horrible at magic, just like Newmans aren't that horrible at melee. They're the worst in the game yes, but the gaps between damage arent so vast that it totally demerits using other combinations. Beast Forces will have an advantage of being better support then Newmans, and perhaps that drain spell might be of better use since Beasts have more hp to fill. Just like newman hunters will evade and hit more then beasts. Its just about finding different strengths to class combinations, and not comparing so much with stat to stat, because a Newman FO will always nuke higher than a Beast HU, just like a Beast HU will always hit harder a Newman HU, but the each have their different strengths.

BigBadWolf
Oct 20, 2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah I agree, except I want to mention that Beasts aren't the worse forces in the game. Casts are the worse. Also besides the drain spell there's an explosion type spell that deals damage base on your hp, and there's a stat boosting spell that boosts all stats at the cost of mp, and don't forget the shield buff spell. (all the names escape me atm)

I wouldn't recommend a full on force job, but a Wartecher is definitely a good Beast job.

Diablohead
Oct 20, 2006, 08:04 AM
Here is a simple way of looking at beast balance.

say at level 1 your str is 100, +400 from a nanoblast and thats 500 str, pretty good for a level 1 (remember this is an example)

Then you get a level 40, str is 600, plus 400 to that and you get 1000, the gap between the normal stat and nanoblast gets smaller as you get stronger.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 08:10 AM
The TC must be blind. For one, I seriously doubt the numbers system even ALLOWS 37k damage to be displayed, not to mention allow beasts to do that much. Hell, even with an ultra-boosted Shifta/Deband Photon Burst in PSO, you couldn't do THAT much. I call bullshit.

Other than that, I have to ask: What do Humans/Newmans get at Lv.20? Casts get SUVs, Beats get Nanoblasts... and Humans/Newmans get better stats? What?

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 08:11 AM
Nobody stopped to consider that maybe he didn't literally mean 37,000 damage, and was just exagerating? Like how people say bazillion? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Diablohead
Oct 20, 2006, 08:12 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:10, FenixStryk wrote:
The TC must be blind. For one, I seriously doubt the numbers system even ALLOWS 37k damage to be displayed, not to mention allow beasts to do that much. Hell, even with an ultra-boosted Shifta/Deband Photon Burst in PSO, you couldn't do THAT much. I call bullshit.

Have you ever been talking about something before and expressed a bit too much about it? that's what he did if you can't tell.

FAHR-3NH317
Oct 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
lol, the nano-blasts are going to be alot different then the old school photon blasts. I remember playing my HUcast, just laughing at how completely useless they were.

kirinano
Oct 20, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:33, FAHR-3NH317 wrote:
lol, the nano-blasts are going to be alot different then the old school photon blasts. I remember playing my HUcast, just laughing at how completely useless they were.

Unless you did a 4-person-PB-combo with M&Y as blast #1 and blast #3 (or as #2 and #4). Then you have a full team with S/D 30+ for a long azz time. That rocked!

Hydra632
Oct 20, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-10-20 06:10, FenixStryk wrote:

Other than that, I have to ask: What do Humans/Newmans get at Lv.20? Casts get SUVs, Beats get Nanoblasts... and Humans/Newmans get better stats? What?

Humans/Newmans get access to Claire weapons later on that casts/beasts can't use. The weapons have extended range and some other things. Haven't been able to get my hands on any yet but I'm sure someone can fill you in. Spent too much time buying my claw and double saber.

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-10-17 11:34, Kaply wrote:
I know I posted this on another thread, beast form has it's own drawbacks. Don't just watch someone use it because the grass only looks greener.

Took the words from my mouth.

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
Trust me...Nanoblast isnt as godly as people make it. It has many many flaws. But it is still a great ability to have.

Its kinda like the SUVs. It has flaws, yet its still a great ability to have.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-10-20 12:28, Rizen wrote:
Trust me...Nanoblast isnt as godly as people make it. It has many many flaws. But it is still a great ability to have.

Its kinda like the SUVs. It has flaws, yet its still a great ability to have.

but are they better than those other things you could put in extra slots >.> low levels Im sure they are, but what about as you get higher?

-Break-
Oct 20, 2006, 03:04 PM
Nanoblasts are very short......Humans and Newmans and Humans end with about 20% more stat points than Beasts and Casts anyways....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-20 13:08 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 20, 2006, 03:06 PM

For one thing, it does about 53,594 zombie kills per hit, never misses and is impossible to die. Also, she can nanoblast pretty much every 3 minutes. No joke.

The numbers were so close, I just had to do it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2006-10-20 13:11 ]</font>

Roguearthur
Oct 20, 2006, 03:26 PM
400 my ass, hes doing a max of 90 there, i know they are higher levels in that video, but still the one video i saw was a level 2# taking on level 1s and he was doing only.. 110 to them, which is nothing not really.